Curry ready to return

portega1968

El Cacique
this smells like the Showcase on The Price is Right!!! In other words, if we want to trade him, we have to play him!!! Or maybe D'Antoni was inspired by Shaq's recent words on Curry... NOT!!!

CURRY MAY SPICE UP KNICKS NEXT WEEK
by Marc Berman (azzhole) in today's NYPOST

With Christmas around the corner, here comes the return of Eddy CurryEddy Curry . The KnicksNew York Knicks ' former starting center is back in coach Mike D'Antoni's plans and could make his season debut in less than two weeks.

Curry confirmed he is on track to join the team full tilt in practice in a little more than a week. After that, "It's up to the coach when he thinks I'm ready to play," he said.

Because of a bruised right knee, Curry hasn't practiced since the regular season began but may start doing on-court drills on Christmas Day, when the club returns to practice.

In a rare interview, Curry told The Post he's genuinely excited about this return. That is a departure from past interviews when Curry seemed resigned to his banished fate, despondent his knee was not healing. He ticked off the coaching staff originally by reporting to training camp well over 300 pounds.

"I'm excited, I'm ready to get back," Curry told The Post. "I'm definitely excited."

Knicks president Donnie Walsh said at practice yesterday Curry "wants to play" and thinks he'll join practice in about one week.

The 7-foot Curry yesterday finished a three-week program during which he was injected with a shot in his knee once a week - a lubricant that has lessened his pain. His final injection was yesterday. In late September, he took a cortisone shot that failed to work.

"I talked to [D'Antoni] a couple of times," Curry said. "He really assured me he wants me to be part of what's going on and for me not to lose my concentration and stay in it mentally and keep trying to work hard so when I come back I'm not too far behind. I'm glad he's anticipating my return."

Curry's season-long inactivity has been less dissected than Stephon Marbury's banishment. Curry habitually dodges reporters. He rarely sits on the bench during games. Though he's been their starting center for three seasons, it seemed fait accompli he didn't fit D'Antoni's program.

Several factors have changed the organization's thinking on Curry, not the least of which is their 11-16 record and four-game losing streak. The trade of Zach RandolphZach Randolph eliminated their lone low-post presence. More important, Randolph and Curry proved they could not play together last season. Without Randolph, Curry can play with the same reckless abandon he displayed during his exceptional 2006-2007 season.

In addition, D'Antoni is realizing 6-11 Jared Jeffries, whom he envisioned as a potential starting center, is not the answer to the Knicks' height woes. Jeffries' lack of durability has become troubling.

Also, Wilson Chandler is wearing down in his first full season. D'Antoni realizes a seven-, eight -man rotation is too taxing for his speedball style. Curry would give the Knicks a sturdy nine-man rotation and enough size where they won't get as overpowered against bigger teams.

Curry will beat rookie Danilo Gallinari back to the court. The Italian Stallion said he won't return to practice until about Jan. 21 when his eight-week exercise program for his back is completed.

dre48ny

Rotation player
F*** at this point lets c what Curry has to offer. Lee and Curry were not bad together, but Lee just has surpassed him so much.
We need bodies anyway, let's just see. if he plays decent then perhaps a trade can go through or he will opt out.

cookiemonstercurry.jpg

C is for Curry, whos good enough for me..... after 5 straight losses Im ready for the cookie monster to come back and see what he can doo.

Paul1355

All Star
Fat

Curry is so fat, this guy better get off his azz soon so that we dont have to keep calling him an embarrassment since his great year averaging 19 ppg. Since that year he has stunk to rock bottom and hasnt recovered. get up and stop eating those dollar menu cheese burgers that you take advantage of Curry.

We have no big men and u sitting on the bench thinking about ur dinner tonight and dreaming about how good you actually could have been in the NBA isnt helping us because you arent doing anything. Your wasting our money....atleast Jerome James is playing again. Thats sad.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Eddy Curry's career is done, at age 26. There's no way he's going to bounce back from being 30 pounds overweight and having an injured knee. He's done. The Knicks should try to trade him now, because if they try to play him, teams will see just how horrible he is, and they won't trade for him.

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
30 pounds and one injury isnt so bad, lots of players came back from much worse. besides, Mahorn used to actually get some great value out of his huge butt with Detroit Bad Boys, pushing everyone around with it :)

but Curry just doesnt seem to care.... if u dont care one bit, u may be D-Howard clone and suk.
maybe he'll start caring a bit in his contract year, 2010-11, but till then, we better trade him out

Eddy Curry's career is done, at age 26. There's no way he's going to bounce back from being 30 pounds overweight and having an injured knee. He's done. The Knicks should try to trade him now, because if they try to play him, teams will see just how horrible he is, and they won't trade for him.
yep.............

Toons

is the Bo$$
um....26? how old is jamario moon? isnt he like 26 as well?

isnt david lee 25? isnt chandler 25?

curry is still young.

not a fair assessment to say he's done

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Chandler is 21

and in order for Curry to save his career he needs to change his habits and look like it'll happen

JayJ44

Starter
Curry could help us a lot if he is dedicated to getting in very good shape. Whether or not that will happen, we'll have to wait and see. As shown in that Charlotte game, we need a way to get easy buckets and Curry could provide that. Plus, the quicker and better he plays, the sooner we can trade him.