Our Trade Assets: We actually have some nice packages

New New York

Quiet Storm
Well it is approaching busy season in terms of trades for The NBA and on the surface we dont have much to offer-but if you dig a little deeper you will see The Knicks do have some nice trade packages to offer.

Here are the assets in order

1.David Lee

2.Nate Robinson

3.Cuttino's exception: 4 million

4.Steph's contract:21 million

5.Malik's contract: 7.5 million

None of these alone will be enough to get a trade done. Nate and David have the skill level but not the salary to bring in a good enough player and The expring contracts alone wont work without us taking on a massive contract in return.

(now allow me to say the reason David Lee and Nate are on the block is because they are going to warrant an extension next season, which could hurt our 2010 plans a little unless in the unlikely event we trade away Currry and Jefferies. So that is why they are on the Block)

So for instance lets take Steph's contract and package it with Nate Robinson and what could we get.....

New York Knicks

<TABLE class=tablehead style="CLEAR: both" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TH colSpan=2>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
366.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Allen Iverson
Salary: $20,840,625 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 18.1 REB: 3.6 AST: 5.7 PER: 17.52

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Outgoing Players: Stephon Marbury, Nate Robinson
det.gif
Detroit Pistons

<TABLE class=tablehead style="CLEAR: both" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TH colSpan=2>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
509.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Stephon Marbury

</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
2782.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Nate Robinson
Salary: $2,020,179 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 16.6 REB: 4.3 AST: 4.0 PER: 18.18

The Pistons are currently brining their heir to Chauncy Billups off the bench, Pistons fans and media are asking for AI or Rip to be moved to Sixth Man spot, I say do one better bring in an equally affective more natural Sixth Man in Nate! Seriously this is a latereal move for The Pistons that makes their rotation situation more stable. AI is a FA this season, but at this point in his career I see him not taking more than the MLE if he thinks he has a chance to win, I think Nate would cost a couple million more, plus would get a longer term deal.

Ok so this deal is far from likely, but, logistically could get done. That is why 1.Donnie needs to hold on to Steph until after the trade deadline and 2. The League needs to make a ruling on Cuttino's contract ASAP.

Bottom Line we need do have some peices and we need to consider the contract situation we have with Nate and D. Lee and how it affects our future.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
nice thread new new york.....i agree we have some nice pieces but i wouldnt trade Nate at all unless were getting a Rudy Gay or Brandon Roy type player

and that trade doesnt really help either sides and no point for it; AI will go to a team thats gonna get a championship

but we should def explore a trade

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
Is Mobley's exception tradable? I think it's only for signing free agents.

We also got trade exceptions for Balkman (1.3 mil) and Mardy Collins (1 mil). but im not sure about trade rules regarding these. i think they can only be traded individually or with draft picks (for instance u can send Balkman exception + pick for another player, but not Balkman exception + Lee for another player).
Im not 100% sure about the rules though, if someone knows it well, correct me

New New York

Quiet Storm
Is Mobley's exception tradable? I think it's only for signing free agents.

We also got trade exceptions for Balkman (1.3 mil) and Mardy Collins (1 mil). but im not sure about trade rules regarding these. i think they can only be traded individually or with draft picks (for instance u can send Balkman exception + pick for another player, but not Balkman exception + Lee for another player).
Im not 100% sure about the rules though, if someone knows it well, correct me

I just found out yesterday that if the Knicks are granted the exception, that the exception is tradable. So in essence the Knicks have 32 million in cap relief to offer teams (Steph,Malik,Mobley exception). That exception can be added to a trade to make a trade work for instance; if we wanted to trade for a player making 11 million we can combine the exception with Malik's contract. Now the exception cant be broken up, meaning we couldnt use half on one trade and another half on another. Plus rumor has it that we may have until next October to use it, so unlike Malik and Steph's contract it wont fall off right at the end of the season.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Well it is approaching busy season in terms of trades for The NBA and on the surface we dont have much to offer-but if you dig a little deeper you will see The Knicks do have some nice trade packages to offer.

Here are the assets in order

1.David Lee

2.Nate Robinson

3.Cuttino's exception: 4 million

4.Steph's contract:21 million

5.Malik's contract: 7.5 million

None of these alone will be enough to get a trade done. Nate and David have the skill level but not the salary to bring in a good enough player and The expring contracts alone wont work without us taking on a massive contract in return.

(now allow me to say the reason David Lee and Nate are on the block is because they are going to warrant an extension next season, which could hurt our 2010 plans a little unless in the unlikely event we trade away Currry and Jefferies. So that is why they are on the Block)

So for instance lets take Steph's contract and package it with Nate Robinson and what could we get.....

New York Knicks

366.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Allen Iverson
PTS: 18.1 REB: 3.6 AST: 5.7 PER: 17.52

Outgoing Players: Stephon Marbury, Nate Robinson
det.gif
Detroit Pistons

509.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Stephon Marbury

</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
2782.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Nate Robinson
Salary: $2,020,179 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 16.6 REB: 4.3 AST: 4.0 PER: 18.18

The Pistons are currently brining their heir to Chauncy Billups off the bench, Pistons fans and media are asking for AI or Rip to be moved to Sixth Man spot, I say do one better bring in an equally affective more natural Sixth Man in Nate! Seriously this is a latereal move for The Pistons that makes their rotation situation more stable. AI is a FA this season, but at this point in his career I see him not taking more than the MLE if he thinks he has a chance to win, I think Nate would cost a couple million more, plus would get a longer term deal.

Ok so this deal is far from likely, but, logistically could get done. That is why 1.Donnie needs to hold on to Steph until after the trade deadline and 2. The League needs to make a ruling on Cuttino's contract ASAP.

Bottom Line we need do have some peices and we need to consider the contract situation we have with Nate and D. Lee and how it affects our future.

Your idea makes logical sense but I don't like trading Nate for A.I. If anything Marbury should be included in this trade for A.I. Marbury would take less shots (hopefully) then Iverson and Marbury could play along side Rip. A.I. would give is the (shooting guard) we need and would play well in the D'Antoni system.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
I feel ya here, but I don't know if other teams are as enthralled with our guys, and do we want to "trade" cap room again? It'd basically hafta be for a 1 year merc like AI as mentioned, but not sure I see that working out. Remember, just telling the ladies you have a nice package for them won't always get you laid

Akamu

The King
Not feeling that trade with Nate being in there, he is an asset to the Knicks even if he is 5'6-5'9. He can flat out ball and is still in the tender stages of his NBA career.

He's technically playing partly like a backup point guard at times, I think he could handle that role.

paris401

Starter
Not feeling that trade with Nate being in there, he is an asset to the Knicks even if he is 5'6-5'9. He can flat out ball and is still in the tender stages of his NBA career.

He's technically playing partly like a backup point guard at times, I think he could handle that role.

i don't like nate... plays out of control, and is a chucker.. i say call ringling bros. and see if a trade can be arranged...