Game #31: Pacers vs Knicks Tonight @ 7:30pm ET

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The Indiana Pacers (10-21) vs The New York Knicks (12-18)
Sun. 1/2 at 7:30pm ET on MSG​

windowslivewritermadisonsquaregarden-29fcmapdc08c1289c37.jpg

Welcome to the MSGKnickz33 Pregame show and Happy New Years!!! Hopefully the Knicks can begin 2009 better then they ended 2008, with the exception of the win against the Bobcats. Wilson Chandler showed us encouraging signs in that game, as he was the go-to-guy down the stretch. Its still unclear who the Knicks go-to-guy is at this point. Sometimes its Nate Robinson, sometimes its Al Harrington, and most recently it was Wilson Chandler. We'll see what the new year has in store for the Knicks starting tonight.

The Indiana Pacers have lost 4 games straight. They have fallen to 10-21, and they have only won 3 of their last 10 games. The Pacers can however say something that no other team can say, they're the only team that can say they have beaten both the Lakers and the Celtics. The Knicks and the Pacers play a similar style. Indiani is 6th in points per game, and 4th in most points allowed per game. The Knicks are 3rd in points per game, and 2nd in most points allowed per game. Danny Granger will be a tough player to stop for the Knicks. Hes averaging just under 25 points per game.

Expect this to be a high scoring game. Both teams have no problem putting points on the board. Both teams also have no problems giving up over 100 points per game, it should be a fun game to watch. Its a winnable game for the Knicks. I expect it to be a close game in the 4th quarter, a couple of key stops is all it will take for either team to win this game.

If you were unable to see the Bobcats game heres the highlights:

STARTING LINEUPS

200px-Indiana_Pacers_logo.png

The Indiana Pacers

pg-Jarret Jack
sg-Marquis Daniels
sf-Danny Granger
pf-Troy Murphy
C-Roy Hibbert

2768.jpg
2200.jpg
2760.jpg
1013.jpg
3436.jpg

Backups: Jeff Foster, Brandon Rush, Travis Diener, T.J. Ford, Rasho Nesterovic, Stephen Graham, Josh McRoberts

AND NOW YOUR NEW YORK KNICKS!!!!

knicks.gif

hongkong_073007rh.jpg

kcd08033.jpg

MOBILE-IMAGING-KnicksDancers.jpg

AT POINT GUARD CHRIS DUHON
AT SHOOTING GUARD QUENTIN RICHARDSON
AT SMALL FORWARD WILSON CHANDLER
AT POWER FORWARD DAVID LEE
AT CENTER JARED JEFFRIES

3855.jpg
3417.jpg
4301.jpg
3956.jpg
3609.jpg

BACKUPS: AL HARRINGTON, NATE ROBINSON, TIM THOMAS, ANTHONY ROBERSON, MALIK ROSE, JEROME JAMES

MSG33 PresEnTs the KeY MatChuP: Wilson Chandler vs Danny Granger

dgranger300071102.jpg

336365729_fbc039e3b9.jpg

VS

Los_Angeles_Lakers_vs_New_York_Knicks_in_Los_Angeles.jpg

827-Kings_Knicks_006.standalone.prod_affiliate.4.JPG

Wilson Chandler

Wilson Chandler will most likely be asked to defend Danny Granger, which is a difficult task for any small forward. If Chandler can slow Granger down and provide some offense of his own, the Knicks will be in very good shape. Chandlers stats so far this year have been impressive. Hes shown that he can do some of everything, so even in games where hes having scoring problems he can still make an impact with his defense and rebounding.

Chandlers 08-09 Stats

PPG 14.2
RPG 5.7
APG 1.9
SPG 0.9
BPG 0.9
FG% 0.423
FT% 0.808
3P% 0.302
MPG 33.3

Danny Granger

PPG 24.9
RPG 5.2
APG 3.3
SPG 1.0
BPG 1.4
FG% 0.451
FT% 0.844
3P% 0.376
MPG 36.2

Grangers putting up very good numbers so far this year. Hes been a problem for every team hes played against. How do you stop a player who can shoot, drive, post up, and pass? Granger has a complete game and at age 24 he still has time to improve.

The Official MSG33 Pregame Strategy:
  • Watch out for players like Troy Murphy
  • This game can be easily won with some defense
  • Team Defense!!! Trust Each other!!!
  • Crash the Boards!!! We cant afford to get badly outrebounded

Player Spotlight

spotlight.jpg

Chris Duhon

barack-obama-reggie-love-chris-duhon.jpg

amd_duhon.jpg

Chris Duhon has had a career year because of Mike D'antonis seven seconds or less offense. Hes been one of the most consistent players on the Knicks this year and has shown that hes in great shape, playing big minutes. Averaging 8.5 assists per game, Duhon ranks 5th in the NBA.

PPG 12.0
RPG 3.8
APG 8.5
SPG 1.1
FG% 0.419
FT% 0.881
3P% 0.398
MPG 39.7

As we can see Duhon has been putting up very solid numbers. Hes not a great point guard, but he gets the job done. If he can do a solid job of running the Knicks offense tonight I can see them winning this game easily, especially if they play defense occasionally. I can also see Duhon getting 10 or more assists in this type of game.

Throwback Joint of the Day:

Artist:Wu-Tang Clan
Title:Da Mystery of Chessboxin
Album:Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
Year:1993

enter-the-wu-tang-36-chambers-99706.jpg

Download "Da Mystery of Chessboxin" Here:
06 Da Mystery of Chessboxin_.mp3 - 8.77MB

Knicks Upcoming Schedule:

• Sun, Jan 4 Boston 6:00 PM
  • Tue, Jan 6 @ Oklahoma City 8:00 PM
  • Thu, Jan 8 @ Dallas 8:30 PM
  • Sat, Jan 10 @ Houston 8:30 PM
  • Mon, Jan 12 @ New Orleans 8:00 PM

Thanks for joining me for my pregame show. And remember to watch the Knicks Friday night on MSG and Happy Holidays to all!!!!!

happy-holidays-wreath.gif

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
nice thread MSG, and yea the key is the ranger vs Chandler matchup, but the difference maker for us will be Chandler, Granger isnt that much of a defender so Chandler should drive to the basket early and often and allow that to open up its outside game.....hope we could start a winning streak after that losing streak

im looking for Nate to have a bounce back game after a bad shooting game vs the bobcats

Akamu

The King
Slamming thread as usual MSGee

I better see stronger efforts, "surviving" the Bobcats? really? Lol wha the fucc

I'm still giving Chandler this year to do something with the opportunity presented.

What is Jefferies doing in the starting lineup? LoL is it 2010 yet?

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
Killin the thread again MSG, this should be a good game, 2 struggling teams squaring off. Indiana is good team, but granger is there best player and if we can shut him down we will win. We need the same defense from LEE and jeffries in this game, Chandler vs granger will be the key matchup of the game though.

JayJ44

Starter
We have been playing pretty crappy lately. Even in that Bobcats game, there was a lot of room for improvement. Hopefully we pick it up against the Pacers. We're gonna have to, because this can be a dangerous team. They've beaten the best 2 teams in the league after all. I think we can pull this one out, but we'll have to shoot well and play solid defense. I predict a win for the Knicks though. Knicks-117 Pacers- 110

Pricey

Rotation player
i expect Granger to run a muck 2nite unfortunately.
I cant believe NYK are faves to beat Indiana, crazy.
Hopefully Chandler can produce what he did in the 4th against Charlotte for 4 quarters and lead the lads to a win.

i hope u all had a safe and enjoyable Xmas and New Years, god bless.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
we reallly need Harrington to start playing better, at least to get him back in the starting line up...i mean it's better that at least Tim Thomas isn't starting but shit we just ain't go win many games with Jared Jefferies starting, and i think Qrich as well...we wouldn't be that bad if we had the line up we do tonight with Harrington and Robinson in place of Qrich and Jefferies..but hopefully they'll come off nicely off the bench...I didn't see much good from the Bobcats game, other then maybe Chandler having a semi good night, but i don't expect that consistently by anymeans...we played pretty good D with the steals so hopefully it'll translate again in this game..Knicks should win this game, but as i've seen in the last few games, I wouldn't put anything passed them..we really need these types of games if we have any hopes getting back to .500 / playoffs

nice thread btw

jpz17

Starter
nice classic thread.. I gotta admit, with all these Yankee signings, I'm less interested in basketball for now lol

New New York

Quiet Storm
Nice Game Thread MSG (have you been officially crowned MVP from last year yet?) Throwback was fire, I challenge anyone to find me four hotter Wutang versus than Masta Killah's last verse on that one.

Tonight is a game we could get, and we pretty much have to....now the way we have played recently there really isnt any sure victories at this point, which is a good thing in my opinion it should keep us focused regardless of who the opponent is.

Kiyaman

Legend
Great thread MSG, the Granger vs Chandler part was Fan-Tastic....in another season or two I'm expecting Chandler to get a better hold on the NBA just like Granger but with a better overall stat in offense/defense.

Walsh Knicks vs Bird Pacers
Even match-up....just like last season....two defenseless teams......

TJ Ford vs Duhon & Nate

Nest & Foster vs Lee

Murphy vs Harrington

Being a Knick-Fan makes u want this WIN over a 10-21 record oponent.....But with Walsh new roster and coach D. short rotation makes u leary about any Knick WIN...

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
Did Al Trautwig just say the knicks have the same record now as last year???

And where has Clyde been??

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
^ try my p2p google the website dont know how its written but they almost always have links....

were looking bad so far cant get anything going

JayJ44

Starter
We're really playing like crap. So many idiotic turnovers, bad shots, and we can't knock down wide open shots. Not sure how it's so close, although the Pacers have had a lot of turnovers themselves. We can still win this one, but we have to play smart, and play hard. Thankfully, the Pacers are even worse than us at keeping leads.

JayJ44

Starter
Doesn't it seem like every game, some random scrub drops 30 on us? I don't think I've ever heard of Jarret Jack before, and he got 29 tonight. Either way, we didn't play well. We started our comeback way too late, and allowed the Pacers to comeback late in the game. We need to limit our turnovers and improve our defense. Al Harrington had a very good game, hopefully this will get him out of his funk and get him playing like he did when he first got here. David Lee really played well, he was carrying us offensively for awhile. I'm not sure what to think of Jarred Jeffries. He can't make a layup to save his life, but he got 3 blocks and altered a lot of shots. Very dissapointing loss.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
yea i agree. no matter what team we play there's always someone to put up numbers on us no matter what...every team seems to have a go to guy like that that is better then the 'go to guy' we have....played pretty poorly in this game..woulda been nice to have a nice win off the Chandler 3 point play but didn't happen..knicks are really looking like a team that can't buy a win, it's becoming a fluke for them to not lose. instead of playing to win every game they are struggling not to lose and are failing. Not terrible D tonight but not a good performance overall..wayy to many turnovers..D Lee only one i saw play well...