Celtics vs Knicks Game Thread

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Great win for our KNICKS. This should give them confidence in their ability to compete with any team in the nba. Hopefully we can have the same results as today. Hey, I'm probably one of the few that is still voting for the knicks to win 40+ on the poll. These niggas better not let me down!!!(No homo)

On a side note, this game would of been good to wager some dough on...

Akamu

The King
Great win, it's about time, even if we don't make it to the playoffs you can always look for positives.

We lose games we get a better chance at the draft, doesn't get me down either way because I know we'll be a tough team in the not so far off future.

Kiyaman

Legend
The 13-19 Knicks had a Sold Out crowd at MSG....the Knicks have to be the only losing team in sports that could do that for 5 seasons in a row.

The Knicks stop Boston 8 game winning streak over the Knicks.

Q.Rich shot 1-13 and Nate shot 1-4....but without those two players outstanding defense the Knicks would not have beaten Boston.
Now tell me that aint a Boston B.I.itch!!!

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Great win by my Knicks and I enjoy beating the Celtics.D-Lee outplayed Garnett in everyway possible except for blocks.How many points did Lee hold Garnett to?? :thumbsup::peace::gony:

Supermansdaddy

Benchwarmer
If Jefferies guards like this the rest of the year, we are the 8th seed. He is the keys to the Knicks playing decent enough D to consistently win.

Oh and can we finally kills the talk about trading Lee for Fernandez. I know he isnt a bad player, but David consistently gets us 15 and 12, not many people do that in the league these days, and we have one on our team. Give him 7-8 mil a year and call i a day. We are still going to need role players for Bron or whoever we get in 2010.

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
What a win this is the kinda win that can get the team goin into the right direction, if only chandler and harrington can play like that every night.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
I would trade Fernandez for David Lee in a flash! Are you kidding me? The blocks that Lee had tonight were of the SOFTEST in nba history,lol. I'm glad we won tonight but lets look at the big picture. Why would you overpay D-Lee when his interior defense has been horrible all season long. 15/12 on bad team is not that great people. Am I the only one that feels this way? Wilson Chandler you do keep and give him that kind of money since he's a Shawn Marion waiting to happen 20/10/4 soon. D-Lee not so much, I would package him for draft picks/expiring deal. Damn do you guys want to win a championship or be a .500 team? And by the way RUDY FERNANDEZ IS AN ELITE WORLD CLASS ATHLETE, please Lee is not in his class and will never be. Peace Out

pat

Starter
I would trade Fernandez for David Lee in a flash! Are you kidding me? The blocks that Lee had tonight were of the SOFTEST in nba history,lol. I'm glad we won tonight but lets look at the big picture. Why would you overpay D-Lee when his interior defense has been horrible all season long. 15/12 on bad team is not that great people. Am I the only one that feels this way? Wilson Chandler you do keep and give him that kind of money since he's a Shawn Marion waiting to happen 20/10/4 soon. D-Lee not so much, I would package him for draft picks/expiring deal. Damn do you guys want to win a championship or be a .500 team? And by the way RUDY FERNANDEZ IS AN ELITE WORLD CLASS ATHLETE, please Lee is not in his class and will never be. Peace Out

The thing is that you don't need chiefs only, but also a few Indians and Lee is just that. He is the guy I would like to have on my side in a bar fight. Especially if we get a big name inn 2010 we need ROLE players to surround him with. The thing about Lee is that he is productive without having to have the ball in his hands that often.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Pat,

I totally agree with you on all of that. However, the plan is to get 2 SUPERSTARS here in NY. If you give extensions to Lee and Nate then you negate everything that Walsh promise which was to get under the CAP and be a player in 2010. I would love to keep Lee but I would rather have Bosh/Wade, Lebron/Dirk, Amare/Wade or any of those two combinations. Lee/Nate extensions are insignificant when you look at the BIG picture and that is win a championship like the Celtics did in 2008. And it could be done if done the right way. Hey, Ainge gambled and it worked, he gave Minnesota 5 players and 2 draft picks for Garnett. He gave Seattle/OKC #5 pick overall Green for Ray Allen/Glen Davis. Ainge in no time had the big 3, so why can't it be done here in NY? We need superstars, I'm sick and tired of watching this BS for so long. We won last night but they will lose the next 5 including to the Thunder on Tuesday. This is a bad team w/or w/out Lee in it. I trust Donnie Walsh will trade Lee before the trading deadline. If it was Isiah he would of given him 6yr/80mil, thank God that idiot is not running the show anymore.

Toons

is the Bo$$
no.. i like your description better..'retarded'...

u gotten lighten up... just bustin balls...no offence intended... (just like jeffries...sorry had to throw that in..)

peace

The plan was to have 6-11 Jared Jeffries guard the 6-1 Rondo, which would allow for switches and avoid mismatches when Rondo ran off screens by Kevin Garnett and Kendrick Perkins.

The scheme worked brilliantly. Jeffries sometimes would switch off and guard the 6-11 Garnett while the 6-8 Chandler would pick up Rondo and close out the lane. "I thought Jared and Will on both ends of the floor just raided people and were active," D'Antoni said.

quote from newsday....

maybe im not the only ass that watches games instead of pressing f5 all day lookin at box scores.

laffin at you retards! lol

paris401

Starter
The plan was to have 6-11 Jared Jeffries guard the 6-1 Rondo, which would allow for switches and avoid mismatches when Rondo ran off screens by Kevin Garnett and Kendrick Perkins.

The scheme worked brilliantly. Jeffries sometimes would switch off and guard the 6-11 Garnett while the 6-8 Chandler would pick up Rondo and close out the lane. "I thought Jared and Will on both ends of the floor just raided people and were active," D'Antoni said.

quote from newsday....

maybe im not the only ass that watches games instead of pressing f5 all day lookin at box scores.

laffin at you retards! lol

i will not say anything bad or good about jeffries abilities.... but will leave u with this.... he is one ugly mofo

Toons

is the Bo$$
dude, thats like the 5th time u said that.....
im not overhyping jeff, im just looking for something that isnt obvious

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Rondo is uglier (no homo)

I cant think of a player that looks dumber when they're wide open then Rondo...he just gets a confused look and quickly reacts by throwing up a bad shot.

pat

Starter
Pat,

I totally agree with you on all of that. However, the plan is to get 2 SUPERSTARS here in NY. If you give extensions to Lee and Nate then you negate everything that Walsh promise which was to get under the CAP and be a player in 2010. I

Let's wait and see what is going to happen. Maybe Lee and/or N8 accept less to be around once the turn around starts. Injuries are always a factor as well.

And although I like N8, I would prefer to keep David Lee because -- as I said before -- he doesn't need the ball in his hands to be effective. Something I can't say about N8 and once Lebron/Wade/Dirk/Bosh/Amare... are in town, Nate Robinson won't touch the ball that often any more.