Celtics vs Knicks Game Thread

JayJ44

Starter
Couple upsets today, let's hope it continues with us. Raptor beat the Magic, Wizards beat the Cavs, and the Grizzlies are up like 10 on the Mavs in the beginning of the 4th. I think we can pull this one out if we play hard, play defense. The Celtics haven't been playing well at home, and it seems like Harrington is back to normal offensively.

Great thread MSG, love your Celtic ones.

paris401

Starter
If Jeffries could provide any offense he might actually have some value but he cant. Hes one of the worst offensive players I've ever seen. Ill even go as far as saying hes worse then Travis Knight.

better watch it, u will get the 'wrath of toon' coming down on ya....

pat

Starter
Right now it's going rather well, but Harrington is a bit of a black whole, isn't he?

JayJ44

Starter
Our defense is incredible to start. If we can keep this up, and shoot well, we might be able to win. Very impressed with our defensive effort, putting Jeffries on Rondo seems to be working.

Toons

is the Bo$$
better watch it, u will get the 'wrath of toon' coming down on ya....

no1 ever said jefferies was good offensively. i dont know what ur getting at. in my posts i stated jeffereies blocks and lee's steals.....if i want to follow it, its my prerogative. jefferies is a bum, we all know this, but we have finally seen a flash of what he can do. oh, i get it now, ur an isiahsecual who does not appreciate defensive effort. BLOCKS ARENT LIKE REBOUNDS, YOU HAVE TO WANT TO BLOCK A SHOT, YOU HAVE TO GO AFTER IT. Jeff did something no knick has done in the past 4 years (correct me if im wrong) by haveing 4 blocks in one game. if you dont like the fact that i gave jj sum shine for helping out in the win, then too bad bro....im still gonna point out defensive improvements. if u dont like what i have to say, ignore me....punk ass

btw, keep refreshing ur page for stats, bcuz u aint seein what im seein on the floor

Toons

is the Bo$$
i agree.. jeffries is going to have a monster game... i see him going 12 for 14 from the field 7 for 8 from the charity line.... but enough about his "O" ... let's get to his "D"... 22 bounds, 7 blocks, including 3 on kg... and so many altered shots i lost count... take that bill russell...

toons..how am i doing???

making yourself look like an idiot

JayJ44

Starter
Jeffries is doing alright, getting a bunch of rebounds and altering shots. Q-Rich is terrible. If we got anything from him, we would be leading by a fair amount.

Is it just me, or do the Celtics get A LOT of help from the refs?

TunerAddict

Starter
Well...This game just reaffirms my disbelief in the integrity of the NBA. The refs are so Cetlics biased its ridiculous....And WE'RE THE HOME TEAM!

Atleast its a close game anyway....

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
wow knicks only down 3?? only caught last few min but we must be playin relatively well, on both sides of the ball..Nate had a sick little steal and 3 pt-er to end the half

TunerAddict

Starter
Well, we can score 50 points in a half on the best defensive team with Q-Rich bricking 1/12

not too shabby

Yeah, you'd think the guy would realize, "Man I suck, I should just pass and play good D instead of ****ing my team over by missing every shot I take..."

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
Knicks D seems to have been stepped up since i've started watching in the 3rd Q...Harrington seems to be out of his slump, Chandler playing pretty well as well

JayJ44

Starter
I'm very impressed with our defense, best of the last 2 seasons imo. If we can keep it up, it looks good for us. Wilson Chandler has put up 25 so far on the defensive player of the year. Speaking of which, KG landed on someone's foot and was limping, not that I'm happy about it...:nana:

pat

Starter
Good overall game. Chandler made Garnett look like a twat on that dribble drive. When Pierce got hot I thought they are going to blow it again, but Lee came up big.

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
sadly i missed the entire game, but we WIN 100-88? huh? is this the same team? wow, we FINALLY beat the celtics, i dont care if everything went wrong, this is a big win for us and probably a good confidence boost for the knicks.

GREAT JOB KNICKS!!!!