Lee to Denver, Chicago, Portland, Mars?

DanL

Rookie
Hey everyone. Tommy Dee is reporting that besides Portland, Chicago and Denver are also watching the Lee situation. Knicksfan.net posted a wish list of players from each of those teams. Portland has the most interesting players by far, followed by Chicago, while Denver basically has junk. What do you all think?

New New York

Quiet Storm
LAC was left off the list!

I like Bayless he would for sure fill that combo position The Knicks are looking for, he wanted to be drafted by The Knicks on Draft Night, he knows Dantoni's style of play from working out with Nash as a High Schooler....But not even him alone would be worth it. Now Frye and Bayless would be a little intriguing but Frye just doesnt play with enough heart to make even that trade work for me. I like the 3 team scenerio that lands us Frye and Camby

By the way when the hell did Frye shoot 20-22 from the feild one game as a rookie? Fyre's rookie high was 26 pts so no way that was in a single game, he may of hit 20-22 for a stretch

JayJ44

Starter
Why would we want yet another SF in Travis Outlaw? But lets hope we can get a deal done with Portland. There's no one on either of the 2 teams that interests me.

DanL

Rookie
LAC was left off the list!

I like Bayless he would for sure fill that combo position The Knicks are looking for, he wanted to be drafted by The Knicks on Draft Night, he knows Dantoni's style of play from working out with Nash as a High Schooler....But not even him alone would be worth it. Now Frye and Bayless would be a little intriguing but Frye just doesnt play with enough heart to make even that trade work for me. I like the 3 team scenerio that lands us Frye and Camby

By the way when the hell did Frye shoot 20-22 from the feild one game as a rookie? Fyre's rookie high was 26 pts so no way that was in a single game, he may of hit 20-22 for a stretch

LAC was left off. My bad. Jon created a new post, which you find at http://www.knicksfan.net/?p=209. I could have sworn Frye had a game where he hit 20/22, but maybe I made that up, since I can't find it anywhere on ESPN's historical game logs. But I did find an 11 for 13 and a 14 for 18. Pretty impressive, especially considering how important shooting is to this offense.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Okafor, Okafor, Okafor

The Knicks needs at guard are for a defensive-minded pass-first backup, which they should be able to achieve by 2010 without trading David Lee.

A Camby type player makes the most sense because their real need is a shot-blocking defensive center who is not a total loss on offense. However, at 34 years of age, Camby does not make long-term sense. Since Greg Oden is not available, Okafor seems like the best attainable target worth letting David Lee go for.

I love Lee but agree that his defense has been disappointing, in particular his help defense on penetrating guards. On the other hand, if an Okafor type player will be available in this year's draft then maybe the Knicks being a lottery team this year is not such a bad thing.

Now if the Knicks could trade Lee and Curry for Camby and a lottery pick (or Okafor and a lottery pick), then I would take that in a heartbeat.

Sean Williams is also of interest, but should be available for less than David Lee. The other problem is that the Nets are unlikely to want to help the Knicks, so Sean Williams might need to go West before the Knicks can get him.

I would also like to see Pat Ewing Jr back eventually because I think he could be the type of defensive stopper they need. However, time in the D league would also be a good thing, as long as they get him back later.

Kiyaman

Legend
If David Lee go then Walsh should go tooo

In other Knick forums there are POLLS on the best Knick player this season....
and David Lee consistency is above every Knick player by 3 and 4 points.
Duhon and Chandler are somewhat tied as the second best performing players.

Bo Outlaw is Portland best 6th-Man off the bench....and I doubt if Portland is willing to give up Outlaw.
The Knicks without David Lee.......is like the best High School Football
team vs the Super Bowl Champs Giants.

David Lee overall skillz, talents, and court awareness in a halfcourt
or fast transition system is worth keeping (and paying $10M) to
lure one or two star players to sign with the Knicks.

There are not many players in the league that applies David Lee's
hustle, energy, and wise decision making on a consistent basis
with all his teammates.

Donnie Walsh & Dantoni should be FIRED if they trade David Lee
for that stupid-ash 2010 plan.

I have to go with Lebron on this one.....
Lebron James said, "If they want to lay down and sleep to wake-up in 2010 thats on them.".

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks only have "ONE" PF on this poor 15 man roster and people want him to be Superman offensively, defensively, plus grab 12 rebounds for $10M.

David Lee has actually been recording a double-double hustling performance for 3 straight seasons....which is worth $8M to $12M in the NBA today. Lee's chemistry performance with every Knick teammate he played alongside with the last 4 years should've earned him that amount of pay raise.

Knick-Fans should've went hay wire when Donnie Walsh did not give "Lee & Nate" an extension on their contract.

If the Knicks would have picked "Brook Lopez" or either traded down to get "OJ Mayo", then sign (pass-first) PG-Duhon....the nucleus of "Lee, Chandler, and Nate" would've showed outstanding B-Ball in the Knicks scrimage-games before Training-Camp open to lock down the young "Trio" of last season with a contract which goes further than the 2010 season. Doing something like that on draft night would not have drawed all the LOUD BOO's in MSG after the selection of Gallinari.
On draft night every Knick-Fan knew the Knicks were in desperate need of a "Center or Guard" except Walsh & Dantoni (Duhon was proof of that)...<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

GetRealistic

Starter
It comes down to the fact David Lee is playing himself into a big time contract. And i know most people love David Lee for his hustle and consistantly improving game but the fact remaining is David Lee a 10 million a year player? Or is Signing David Lee worth not having the ability to sign a second super star?

I truly do like Lee and if you told me today David Lee would be willing to resign for like 7-8 million year which seems fairly resonable considering the stats he's put up i'd be all for it. But i don't blame Donnie Walsh for not signing Lee or Nate to extensions before the season, because we still do have the right to match any contract and why not make them prove they can play and excel in the system.

It all comes down to this. If Lee is going to chase a big contract we have to strike and get great value for him. And if we come out of a Lee trade with extra draft picks, young talent, and cheap players it is something you have to consider.

Lastly Kiya you gotta let the "Knicks shoulda traded for OJ Mayo" thing go. Because that was never an option. And if by some off chance it was on the table we would have had to trade your savior David Lee. If you want to complain that we should have drafted Lopez, Augustine, or Bayless thats one thing but stop complaining about something that just wasn't possible.

A "nuclues" of David Lee, Wilson Chandler, and Nate Robinson isn't good enough to win in this league. Its good enough to win a summer league title but all three players at this point of their career are role players. Chandler has the potential of possibly being a go to player but as of now this nuclues you speak of just isn't enough. Now if you have these three players around a superstar (Lebron, Wade, Bosh) everything changes.

The NBA is a game of superstars and without superstar talent you can't win.

CoolClyde

Keep D Lee!!

The Knicks only have "ONE" PF on this poor 15 man roster and people want him to be Superman offensively, defensively, plus grab 12 rebounds for $10M.

David Lee has actually been recording a double-double hustling performance for 3 straight seasons....which is worth $8M to $12M in the NBA today. Lee's chemistry performance with every Knick teammate he played alongside with the last 4 years should've earned him that amount of pay raise.

On draft night every Knick-Fan knew the Knicks were in desperate need of a "Center or Guard" except Walsh & Dantoni (Duhon was proof of that)...<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Amen.

It comes down to the fact David Lee is playing himself into a big time contract. And i know most people love David Lee for his hustle and consistantly improving game but the fact remaining is David Lee a 10 million a year player? Or is Signing David Lee worth not having the ability to sign a second super star?

It all comes down to this. If Lee is going to chase a big contract we have to strike and get great value for him. And if we come out of a Lee trade with extra draft picks, young talent, and cheap players it is something you have to consider.

The NBA is a game of superstars and without superstar talent you can't win.

I hear that too, but I have to side with Kiyaman; DLee's profound stats, his ability to fit into D'ant scheme and his Knick chemistry and HUSTLE deserves the extra bucks. Even if the Knicks get extra draft picks for Lee, that doesn't guarantee a player who can do what Lee does. DLee is the cog-in-the-wheel PF that the Knicks need to lure a superstar. If we can get Camby without losing DLee, this team will climb a notch immediately. There's enough hi-paid drek not playing (Snackmates James & Curry, Me-bury) to give DLee extra bucks for playing his ass off. DLee deserves to be a champion Knick, his contributions to Knick wins greatly outweigh his detriments. David Lee is Knickerbocker material, and the only keeper we got.

David Lee for Brandon Roy....

LOL naw.. but yeah as some1 already said.. if we are going to make a trade lets hope its with the Blazers. They have alot of talent on that squad and we could actually cme away with something in return.

jpz17

Starter
If we are resigning him resign him now and don't trade him... If we are not deal him for a couple protected picks and expires