New York Knicks @ Oklahoma City Thunder Game Thread 1/6/09

Who will lead the Knicks in scoring against the Thunder?

• Al Harrington

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Wilson Chandler

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • David Lee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
NEW YORK KNICKS VS. OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER GAMETHREAD

(13-19) (4-30)

610x.jpg

act_al_harrington.jpg

Al Harrington and the Knicks
Leads Team--->20.5 points, 6.3 rebounds, 1.5 assists

vs.

act_kevin_durant.jpg

Kevin Durant and the Thunder
6th in the NBA---->23.8 points, 5.8 rebounds, 2.3 assists

The Knicks are coming off of their best win of the season against the 1st place Boston Celtics. Wilson Chandler had a career-high 31 points, and Al Harrington added 30 points. The Knicks are looking to start off their 4 game road trip with a win over the Thunder.

The Thunder are coming off of a two point loss to the Nuggets. Kevin Durant scored a game high 33 points, but Carmelo Anthony's 31 point performance, as well as Nene's 27 point performance was too much to overcome. The Thunder will once again try to win their 4th home game of the season, as they take on the Knicks.

Key Matchup

DP_Upgrade_Key.jpg

kevin_durant1.jpg

Kevin Durant

vs.

act_wilson_chandler.jpg

Wilson Chandler

-Kevin Durant is one of the highest scoring players in the NBA. He's quickly becoming a one of the elite players in the entire league. He will be a tough cover for Chandler.

-Wilson Chandler is one of the best sophomores in the entire NBA. He just seems to get better with every game. It would be a crime, if he doesn't make the starting lineup for the Rookie Sophomore game. He has the ability to neutralize Durant. Let's see if he can do it.

Player Spotlight
cmSPOTLIGHT_ARTICLE_wideweb__430x327,0.jpg

quentin_presser_280.jpg

Quentin Richardson

brandy.jpg

For those of you that were crazy enough to actually believe Quentin Richardson was finally going to play well this year...I guess you now know better. Richardson is coming off of a terrible 2 point on 1-13(7.6%)
0-5 3pt shooting performance. I hope it is now clear the Q-Hitch has to go.

crystal_ball2_bmwPreview.jpg

Prediction:
Knicks 108 Oklahoma City Thunder 112

Starting Lineups

PG CHRIS DUHON
SG QUENTIN RICHARDSON
SF WILSON CHANDLER
PF DAVID LEE
C JARED JEFFRIES

PG RUSSELL WESTBROOK
SG DESMOND MASON
SF KEVIN DURANT
PF JEFF GREEN
C ROBERT SWIFT

Video of the Day:

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oaUpseKMLq4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

KBlack25

Starter
Gotta win this one, I think it will be a pretty hefty victory but you never know with the Knicks, which Knicks team shows up?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Whats up Giants, welcome to the site :gony:

Nice game thread ABCD. Never heard that song by TI but i like it. Is Eddy Curry still gonna make his season debut tomorrow night? I can just see it now....

*eddy curry enters game*

*2 minutes later, D'antoni notices Curry lookin winded*

*D'antoni has Jeffries enter the game for Curry*

*No team wants Curry*

*Curry remains inactive until his contract expires*

*The end*

I dont see how we could lose this game. Oklahoma Thunder sounds like a Create-a-team name from a video game. They got some good players but they need more...I dont see them being good for another couple years.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
nice thread ABCD, and i never heard this song either, is it a song that was dropped from his album?

we should win this game, but we've been very inconsistent this year we lose to the T'Wolves we beat the Celtics, so who knows

Chandler will continue to improve and continue his hot streak since Durant isn't that good of a defender, and Durant will give Chandler a nice workout on D

Knicks-104

Thunder-91

TunerAddict

Starter
I dont see how we could lose this game. Oklahoma Thunder sounds like a Create-a-team name from a video game. They got some good players but they need more...I dont see them being good for another couple years.

I think I've acutally created a team called the thunder before because of the logos available....Damn thats a crazy accurate statement....

JayJ44

Starter
Whats up Giants, welcome to the site :gony:

Nice game thread ABCD. Never heard that song by TI but i like it. Is Eddy Curry still gonna make his season debut tomorrow night? I can just see it now....

*eddy curry enters game*

*2 minutes later, D'antoni notices Curry lookin winded*

*D'antoni has Jeffries enter the game for Curry*

*No team wants Curry*

*Curry remains inactive until his contract expires*

*The end*

He might get some minutes in garbage time, but nothing significant yet.

I think we can pencil in a win for us already. I wouldn't say that for almost any other team, but the Thunder really suck. They're 3 best players have all been in the league for less than 3 or 4 years. Everyone else on the team are scrubs. But it would be like this team to lose to the worst team in the league, after beating the best team in the league. They have to ignore the crowd though, they have a surprisingly large attendance rate. Still, I predict a win for us.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
nice thread ABCD, and i never heard this song either, is it a song that was dropped from his album?

we should win this game, but we've been very inconsistent this year we lose to the T'Wolves we beat the Celtics, so who knows

Chandler will continue to improve and continue his hot streak since Durant isn't that good of a defender, and Durant will give Chandler a nice workout on D

Knicks-104

Thunder-91
No, that's a song from the TI vs. TIP album. The video wasn't popular, though, so that's probably why you don't remember it.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
nice game thread ABCD, i dont see the knicks losing the game, but they've been prone to play to the level of their poor competiton at times. nd i think the thunder have a nice nucleus (westbrook, durant, green) nd u could add a fourth player if they make the right pick with their draft choice. once their core nucleus is surrounded by real role players and not bums i see this team as majorly improved. i think it'll take this year, nd 1 more year after that, but 2 years from now i think they got a playoff team

Paul1355

All Star
Harrington should do good

The Big men for the Knicks should do better than they so on most nights, especially Harrington. The Thunder have Jeff Green, who is more of a SF playing PF and Robert Swift playing Center who won't stop any offensive big man.

Look for Harrington to score 30 plus....Thomas to have a decent game and Lee to knock down over 15 rebounds.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
No, that's a song from the TI vs. TIP album. The video wasn't popular, though, so that's probably why you don't remember it.

ohh iight.....its pretty hot though loll, and that album was hot when it came out had some nice songs on it....but his best album is easily paper trail loll

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Props on the game thread, abcd. Nicely done. The knicks should win this as long as they show good effort. Hopefully chuck-o-matic sits on the bench for most of the game. I'd rather see curry get more minutes than the wall-builder. I'm looking for nate to have a better game than the last. somebody is gonna posterize shawn bradley jr in this one. Knicks 60- thunder-120 (last 2 games I called the W they lost)

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
Knicks gotta win this one the Thunder might break the record for worst record ever curently held by the 79 sixers who were 9-73. So lets beat the thunder like were suppose to.

Kiyaman

Legend
Nice thread ABCD, I like the comment on Q.Brick and the picture of his woman whom look too familiar in that photograph.
I think the last time I saw her was with Kurt Thomas woman in Bayshore Long Island.

The Knicks will start all those trade rumors if they lose to the 4-30 Thunders after beating the 29-6 Celtics. That would become the downfall of this Knick team.
Walsh trading and draft selection has always been 1 for 6 so the Knicks have to win this game over the Thunders.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
I like that song: "put 'em in the durt." Well, last time we doubted ABCD, whom, brought me onto this site, by the way, he was right. I forget what team it was, but he predicted we'd lose by 14, and we lost by 13.

I think, this time around, I'm just going to go with ABCD's prediction, but I'm rooting for another Knicks win. Maybe, if we can keep it up, somehow, we can get the 8th seed.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
they just let the worst team in the league score as many points in the first Q, as they let the best team in the league in the whole half the other night.....i don't understand how D can be so different from game to game...it ain't shooting....anyway Q rich started off with a few 3's, i think we'll come back by half..

Kiyaman

Legend
Dis is looking terraball b 4 halftime 4 knicks....50-63

Maybe! maybe another Knick team will show up for the 2nd half....maybe.

The average team in the league look at playing against the Thunders as an automatic win.
A lost to the Thunders will give Dum-Dum Walsh a reason to trade Lee or Nate this week.
And it also gives Lee & Nate a reason to want to leave the Knicks.