Earl Watson to the Knicks?

DanL

Rookie
The Thunder have one too many point guards now that they traded Petro for a first and Chucky Atkins. Anyway, Knicksfan, via Tommy Dee, reports that Earl Watson may be the next guy on the move in OKC, and maybe to the Knicks for Malik Rose.

What do you guys make of this?

JayJ44

Starter
Isn't he like 5'7? Also, I thought he was playing in Europe. I don't think it's a good idea to have 2 guys under 5'10 on the same team. But if D'antoni thinks he would help us, I'm all for it.

:update:Never mind, I was confusing him with someone else. I don't know anything about him. :oops:

DanL

Rookie
He isn't bad. He's started before, but it'd be a like a situation where you have two backups. Ward-Eisley kind of stuff. Hell, that's not the worst thing after Steph.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
He is coming off reconstruction surgery of his thumb. He is a pretty good talent and his numbers should go up with consistent playing time.

Knixy

Benchwarmer
Good trade.

Malik Rose is terrible and we need a backup PG. Earl Watson expires before 2010 and he's a good defensive minded backup PG.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Isn't he like 5'7? Also, I thought he was playing in Europe. I don't think it's a good idea to have 2 guys under 5'10 on the same team. But if D'antoni thinks he would help us, I'm all for it.

:update:Never mind, I was confusing him with someone else. I don't know anything about him. :oops:

Lol. Where you thinking about earl boykins? Yea all the earls look alike.
That would be a good trade for us. Earl watson has been a solid pg since coming out of UCLA. He has been on our radar since way back.

Ewing

Benchwarmer
I've always liked Watson, he's a solid PG, good vision on the court, creates good shots for his teammates and has a decent long-range shot.
He's kinda like Duhon, they are both very tidy players who do their things right every night.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i agree MSG before we do anything else we need to get a Center then everything will be uphill from there

Sean Wlliams is in the D League now so anyone can sign him now right?

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
come on people shit we could at least use watson and he got a better trade value the malik man come on we dont even use malik rose so why no trade him and he is a great 3 point shoter he fits dantoni system perfect

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
people can we sign jerry stackhouse cuase i think he will be good for this team for now and can we try to trade marbury for jermain oniel ill think that will be a good trade cause we dont even use marbury and oniel fits dantoni and h gots d something we dont have so can u guys give me a opinion of both suggestions

JayJ44

Starter
i agree MSG before we do anything else we need to get a Center then everything will be uphill from there

I don't think so, he's still under contract with the Nets. You can only sign people from the d league with no association with a nba team. But we probably wouldn't have to give up much to trade for him. Donnie should look into it.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer

Although Sean Williams showed some potential and is a verry good shot blocker he s not doing good in D league and has big characters problems. Maybe the Nets are right when they don't want him in their team right now.

For referance read this

http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/2009/01/new_jersey_nets_sean_williams_1.html

Toons

is the Bo$$
we dont need any of them....they will only take us to a first round sweep and out of the lottery. Lets stay focussed, sean williams is a good pickup tho.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
oh iight, i still think we should look into Williams we could get him for Rose and Roberson, he gives us a big man who could run the floor and block plenty of shots......and then we pick up Ewing Jr.......why havent we signed him yet?

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
oh iight, i still think we should look into Williams we could get him for Rose and Roberson, he gives us a big man who could run the floor and block plenty of shots......and then we pick up Ewing Jr.......why havent we signed him yet?

I agree 100% is just that he has some isues and doesnt look ready to help a team right now but maybe coming here will be good for him. I'm not against getting him at all.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I mean his contract is off The books the year after next, he is a combo guard type player. Could even bump Duhon out of the starting lineup.

http://hoopshype.com/players/earl_watson.htm

that scouting report suggest he would be a nice acqusition. Hell maybe we can convince OKC to take Jefferies for him. I'd even surrender a future pick (remember The Knicks are going to be cap conscious for awhile giving up a pick saves money) if they took ol JJ.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Although Sean Williams showed some potential and is a verry good shot blocker he s not doing good in D league and has big characters problems. Maybe the Nets are right when they don't want him in their team right now.

For referance read this

http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/2009/01/new_jersey_nets_sean_williams_1.html

Yeah I read that too. It's so unfortunate he's such an idiot. I've been a huge supporter of Sean Williams and have wanted him on the Knicks since he was drafted, but after reading about his problems I am second guessing.

The man has so much talent and athleticism he could be a real difference maker on a team, especially in D'Antoni's system. I see him as a more athletic young Camby. Maybe if we got him and gave him significant minutes he'd change his attitude. He would immediately solve our shot-blocking problems and can run the floor with the best of them. Last year Jason Kidd was even quoted as saying he was the Nets best player. He's got amazing potential.

But we should always be weary of guys like this. They can cause more problems in the lockerroom than their talent brings to the court. Overall though, he's worth the risk right now. We can get him cheap. If he's a problem this year, let him go. Little risk with potentially huge reward.

Paul1355

All Star
I don;t mind Watson...he has some offensive skill and a good shot so why not? Maybe he could do what Anthony ROberson was suppose to do. WHich is come in and score right away.

FACT is that we need a shot blocker for Malik or anybody we trade.

If we trade for anything other than a shot blocker then Donnie doesnt know his own team.