a little glimpse of gallinari.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uSNmcslZrI4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uSNmcslZrI4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Done

I think I speak for everyone when I say this

We all have seen this video from the Summer League in Las Vegas

On the other hand he looks really sharp in this game but again you're playing against mediocre players but you're scoreless in the first half, that's a sign of inconsistently.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
dude got some serious skills, cant wait till he's in his game shape(no homo) and is healthy he's gonna cause alot of problems for the opposing D....he's started practicing and should be back in the next few weeks.

On the other hand he looks really sharp in this game but again you're playing against mediocre players but you're scoreless in the first half, that's a sign of inconsistently.
i know.but someting is something.he looks pretty skilled.

Knixy

Benchwarmer
Didn't Maciej Lampe win MVP of the Summer League? I mean, who cares? It's SUMMER LEAGUE. Danilo Gallinari has been a HUGE disappointment so far. He's been resting since July and he still has pain and cannot get on the court. Either this guy is really soft or I don't know. The situation is really frustrating.

JayJ44

Starter

It's definitely not a sign of inconsistency. That was his first game in America. It's different, of course he was going to be shaky at first.

Gallo seems to be really unique. He's 6'9-6'11, with handles like a point guard, and a knockdown shooter. He can penetrate to the basket, and make plays for his teammates. Can't wait till he's healthy, saw in newsday his back is much better. But he said he's got pain in his leg, that's related to the back. But he will be back in a month or so, hopefully.:crossfingers:

Toons

is the Bo$$
Gallinari closer. Danilo Gallinari, who worked up a heavy sweat in shooting and light contact drills during practice yesterday, said he is feeling the best he has since the summer when he suffered a disc protrusion during the July summer league. But the Knicks rookie, who said he is still feeling some pain in his leg as a result of a nerve issue related to the injury, isn't sure how soon he will be ready to get back on the court. "It's improving," he said.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
hope he's back before March...so if were still in contention for the playoffs he could spark us and help us get there

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
Didn't Maciej Lampe win MVP of the Summer League? I mean, who cares? It's SUMMER LEAGUE. Danilo Gallinari has been a HUGE disappointment so far. He's been resting since July and he still has pain and cannot get on the court. Either this guy is really soft or I don't know. The situation is really frustrating.

I agree that summer league is not a good way to judge how a player will fare in nba (although it doesent hurt) but to say that gallinari is a huge disappointment because he s injured is wrong ( see greg oden). Also although he need to add some muscle on his frame, he got hurt by taking a charge from Robert Tractor Trailer 300 pounds azz. I dont think that make him soft.
Also i dont think he can't play right now, is much more like they dont want to rush him back. Is not like he s going to turn our seasson around anyway.

Italian Stallion

Benchwarmer
I don't like the fact that he still has some pain in his leg after all these months. It seems to me that as soon as he's put into a very competitive situation and gets banged around a little, he's going to have back problems again.

I might feel differently about this if he had no pain and was coming back, but I think these recent reports are actually a bit discouraging. I don't know much about bad backs, but it would not shock me if he eventually needs surgery. This has been going on for 6 months already and he's still not pain free despite an easy workout program.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I cant wait to see Gallinari back on the court. It'd be great if he could comeback at some point in February. Some Knicks fans might be questioning this pick, but I think there will come a day where everyone says what a great pick he was.

yeah, lampe, did.and i care as a knick fan.notice i said a little glimpse of gallinari.not the birth of a star or the greatness of gallinari.you sound like a grade a douchbag.

TunerAddict

Starter
_______√ictory_______;79378 said:
yeah, lampe, did.and i care as a knick fan.notice i said a little glimpse of gallinari.not the birth of a star or the greatness of gallinari.you sound like a grade a douchbag.

:agreed:

need 10 characters

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
this guy looks pretty good, but the knicks shouldeve drafted mario chalmers

I like this place so much. Reading or posting here is like walking in a minefield, you never know when one is going to blow up in front of you. Damn it.
Before it was Gordon, Augustin, Bayless......... now is Chalmers. What s next, maybe Semih Erden, cuz we need a center anyway........LOoooL.

Not even funny

I don't like the fact that he still has some pain in his leg after all these months. It seems to me that as soon as he's put into a very competitive situation and gets banged around a little, he's going to have back problems again.

I might feel differently about this if he had no pain and was coming back, but I think these recent reports are actually a bit discouraging. I don't know much about bad backs, but it would not shock me if he eventually needs surgery. This has been going on for 6 months already and he's still not pain free despite an easy workout program.

Agree 100%, I hope they don't rush him back because I think he'll be real good in coach D's system if he ever gets 100% healthy.

Italian Stallion

Benchwarmer
With Gallinari's return getting closer I was wondering if anyone thinks he can play some SG instead of SF?

We desperately need a SG that can knock down outside shots with some consistency. Q Rich and Robinson aren't cutting it for a variety of reasons.

I think we'd all like to see Chandler continue getting plenty of time at the SF spot so he can develop. Perhaps Gallinari (a former PG in high school) can play some SG on offense, defend the SF, and be on the court at the same time as Chandler who can play SF, but defend the SG because he's the quicker and better defender.

That would solve one of our major problems!

If we can't do it that way, it gets difficut to see how we can get a lot of time for the Rooster unless we take minutes away from Chandler at SF or move him to PF at times and take minutes away from someone else who is already decent (Lee or Harrington).

The other problem is that we need a defensive, rebounding, shot blocking big man that would allow Lee to move back to the PF (perhaps back off the bench) and make up for some of his deficiencies defensively.

JayJ44

Starter
With Gallinari's return getting closer I was wondering if anyone thinks he can play some SG instead of SF?

We desperately need a SG that can knock down outside shots with some consistency. Q Rich and Robinson aren't cutting it for a variety of reasons.

I think we'd all like to see Chandler continue getting plenty of time at the SF spot so he can develop. Perhaps Gallinari (a former PG in high school) can play some SG on offense, defend the SF, and be on the court at the same time as Chandler who can play SF, but defend the SG because he's the quicker and better defender.

If we can't do it that way, it gets difficut to see how we can get a lot of time for the Rooster unless we take minutes away from Chandler at SF or move him to PF at times and take minutes away from someone else who is already decent (Lee or Harrington).

The other problem is that we need a defensive, rebounding, shot blocking big man that would allow Lee to move back to the PF (perhaps back off the bench) and make up for some of his deficiencies defensively.

I could see that working well. With his height, he could shoot over pretty much any 2 guard. I'm not sure how quick he is, but that would be a good experiment. There's a lot of possibilities for him, because he's so versatile.

Good news, Gallo's back in full contact practice:

HOUSTON - Determined to stay with his man, Danilo Gallinari ran smack into the immovable object that is Eddy Curry. The 20-year-old rookie stumbled backward a bit but regained his balance and got back into the play.

It was a small but notable victory for Gallinari, who in Friday's practice participated in his first full-court, full-contact scrimmage since his back pain flared up two months ago.

"I'm feeling better in my mind because I'm feeling better," Gallinari said after working up a heavy sweat in a competitive four-on-four run. "The confidence is coming back, the confidence that I will be back. It's getting better."

Mike D'Antoni tried to push Gallinari into action in the first two games of the season, only to pull him back out when the pain from a bulging disc suffered over the summer obviously affected the rookie's performance. Those were the only two games he has appeared in this season and the only games in which he has played since the first summer league game in July, when Gallinari ran into 6-8, 284-pound Robert "Tractor" Traylor and the injury first became an issue.

<!-- google ads --><!-- END google ads --><!-- END rail -->
So you can understand why D'Antoni now will allow himself only caution about finally having the 6-10 swingman on the court. "It's encouraging," D'Antoni said of Gallinari's workout. "We're right on the cusp, but we don't want to have any setbacks."

Curry, who made his debut in Thursday's 99-94 loss in Dallas, also ran the entire scrimmage as he works himself back into game shape. Curry played 2:34 and had two points and four rebounds. He is expected to get another look Saturday night against the Rockets.

There remains no set timetable for Gallinari's return, which could be more than a week away. The training staff will monitor how Gallinari's back responds to Friday's heavy workout and go from there.

"We'll see how he does today and tomorrow, and if he doesn't have any setbacks, he'll keep playing a little more in practice and then we'll see what happens," D'Antoni said. "It'll be a day-to-day thing, and if we get to a point where we think we can get him into a game, we will."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/ny-spknix0110,0,6281926.story

i would be for that.it's all gonna come down to how he responds after coming back from his injury. 6-11 shooting guard:peace: he can handle, shoot, so it'll be interesting.