"The Message"...influences of hip-hop/rap music

JayJ44

Starter
I know I'm a little late on this thread, but whatever lol.

One of my favorite songs is Common's The 6th Sense:

He talks about a lot of things. Staying real, the state of hip-hop today. Great video too.

Another song with a great message is Tupac's Keep Ya Head Up:

He talks about about abortion, women's rights, and single mothers. Nice contrast from some a lot of other hip-hop songs out there.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Keep your head up is one of the best songs ever real touching and makes you think.....

best hype up tupac song?

troublesome 96...no question

never gets old...tupac the best

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Biggie was that dude too(Brooklyn Baby!)

love this song

again my fav rappers

1.Tupac
2a.Nas
2b.Biggie

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Hey y'all, "I was thinking a little bit, what would it take to authenticate my nigganess, ball ridiculous, 25 inch rims when I call up the dealership?, aw! That's some ni99a shit..."

Gotta love that rhyme...

Yo, I was thinking about how rap can change and become what it use to be. And I figured it out. Its gonna take someone who is well off financially and has a passion for the music. I don't believe its going to come from a great emcee that is in the projects. Most of the rappers who are hungry to make it will sell their souls for that dough (50 cent and many others).

Ur totally right man. Do u have anyone in mind though?

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Ur totally right man. Do u have anyone in mind though?

Hey, it could be you. I wasn't directing it at anyone in particular. But like I was saying, I don't really see a guy from the ghetto/projects making the music what it used to be. Most people want to get into music so that they can become famous and get filthy rich. It has to be someone that is not in it for the cash. That person wouldn't become mainstream because that's not the direction he wants to go in.

I also don't see an emcee changing the game because he will never have as much power as a producer or the guy that owns the record label.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Hey, it could be you. I wasn't directing it at anyone in particular. But like I was saying, I don't really see a guy from the ghetto/projects making the music what it used to be. Most people want to get into music so that they can become famous and get filthy rich. It has to be someone that is not in it for the cash. That person wouldn't become mainstream because that's not the direction he wants to go in.

I also don't see an emcee changing the game because he will never have as much power as a producer or the guy that owns the record label.

Holy shit you're right. It could be me. Hell if u write, it could be you.

We need someone that is truly talented. Someone that moves people, something that radio might not play. Something we can feel that speaks to the people with real lyricism.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Holy shit you're right. It could be me. Hell if u write, it could be you.

We need someone that is truly talented. Someone that moves people, something that radio might not play. Something we can feel that speaks to the people with real lyricism.

Hey, if you truly want to get into producing you should start as soon as possible. most production nowadays is done thru computer. All you need is producing programs. No more keyboards. I got a friend who produces and he told me that the latest program for producing is the "reason 4". I'm gonna try and save up some dough so I can get that joint.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Hey, if you truly want to get into producing you should start as soon as possible. most production nowadays is done thru computer. All you need is producing programs. No more keyboards. I got a friend who produces and he told me that the latest program for producing is the "reason 4". I'm gonna try and save up some dough so I can get that joint.

I totally get you but i'm more into actually spittin dem rhymes rather than producing.

But producing would be an amazing thing to do.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I totally get you but i'm more into actually spittin dem rhymes rather than producing.

But producing would be an amazing thing to do.

Yea, I feel ya. That's what I've been doing for the last couple of months, just rhyming. Got so many verses. You should definitely pursue what you feel is right for you.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I was reading Rakim's bio the other day and was surprised to see that his career was over in his late 20's. He put out his last cd at 31. Damn, what happened to him.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
I was reading Rakim's bio the other day and was surprised to see that his career was over in his late 20's. He put out his last cd at 31. Damn, what happened to him.

He definitely one of the best the game had to offer.

Wasn't Metro talking about how Nas and Jay hog up the NY scene and thats why it fails to be a success (Ny Hiphop)?

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Nah i got that lol I mean don't know how to really get myself out. Like get a producer and all that shit.

Yea, I don't know how the scene is ova there in AZ. But if you nice at rhymin' you should hit local studios and make a demo. For beats just grab some old-school instrumental. I be rapping over "dead presidents" and "street dreams"

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Yea, I don't know how the scene is ova there in AZ. But if you nice at rhymin' you should hit local studios and make a demo. For beats just grab some old-school instrumental. I be rapping over "dead presidents" and "street dreams"

LV is in NV lol, not AZ. Ima try see what i get at, then put that stuff up on myspace. I mean, if i find a studio. Cant find jack when u livin in the suburbs of the city lol

Most of my rhymes are supposed to be rapped over oldschool. Currenylt i got "The Message", "KISSING", "Kick Push", and "Nas is like" and "one mic"

btw thought yall mite find this interesting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll5m0wB79nE

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
LV is in NV lol, not AZ. Ima try see what i get at, then put that stuff up on myspace. I mean, if i find a studio. Cant find jack when u livin in the suburbs of the city lol

Most of my rhymes are supposed to be rapped over oldschool. Currenylt i got "The Message", "KISSING", "Kick Push", and "Nas is like" and "one mic"

btw thought yall mite find this interesting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll5m0wB79nE

Yea, my bad. Lol. Should of looked under your user name. I was thinking about some other shit...

Yea bro, take care of business. We'll do a collabo when we're famous. I'll be charging half a mil for a beat though...lol

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Yea, my bad. Lol. Should of looked under your user name. I was thinking about some other shit...

Yea bro, take care of business. We'll do a collabo when we're famous. I'll be charging half a mil for a beat though...lol

dont go dr. dre on me man. I dont need a im sorry lil ***** thats a mil per track lol.

yeah by the time like 2012 hits we can do something like this, only wit a beat lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyjlUrbVO4Q

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Definitely. Yo, it aint hard to tell over kick push sounds hot. If they would have slowed down nas' speed just a little it would be perfect.