"The Message"...influences of hip-hop/rap music

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Definitely. Yo, it aint hard to tell over kick push sounds hot. If they would have slowed down nas' speed just a little it would be perfect.

Haha man i actually like that beat more than the original. I think Nas' speed is iight. Nothing too wrong with it. Nas and Lupe should collab on Lupe's last album:afro:

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Haha man i actually like that beat more than the original. I think Nas' speed is iight. Nothing too wrong with it. Nas and Lupe should collab on Lupe's last album:afro:

Yea they should. Still can't believe he's retiring at such a young age. Yo, the beat on it aint hard to tell had a sample from one of mike jackson's songs.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Yea they should. Still can't believe he's retiring at such a young age. Yo, the beat on it aint hard to tell had a sample from one of mike jackson's songs.

I know man, especially since he was considered to be the next vanguard of hiphop.

Oh it is? wow i didnt know. Like i mean its good and all. and the rhymes are dope forreal, but it doesnt stick out in my mind. Kick Push's beat of one of my fav beats period.

Illmatic is King
Lupe was supposed to be future king IMO i dont think many can touch him rite now.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I know man, especially since he was considered to be the next vanguard of hiphop.

Oh it is? wow i didnt know. Like i mean its good and all. and the rhymes are dope forreal, but it doesnt stick out in my mind. Kick Push's beat of one of my fav beats period.

Illmatic is King
Lupe was supposed to be future king IMO i dont think many can touch him rite now.

Lupe is nice but he just doesn't command the attention that other great MC's do (did). At 19-20, biggie had a great delivery that made you want to listen. I really liked lupe's "superstar", but his delivery and presence was lacking. Not to take anything away from his lyrical ability, he's probably the second best MC when it comes to rhyming. Which says a lot. But that presence is not there.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Lupe is nice but he just doesn't command the attention that other great MC's do (did). At 19-20, biggie had a great delivery that made you want to listen. I really liked lupe's "superstar", but his delivery and presence was lacking. Not to take anything away from his lyrical ability, he's probably the second best MC when it comes to rhyming. Which says a lot. But that presence is not there.

Whos the 1st? NaS?

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Is there any doubt. He is the greatest emcee alive.

Co-Sign to the max man. Ain't nobody like NaS. He stays original, never selling out for the money.

It just makes you wonder what would happen if 50cent didn't care about the money and actually tried to write lol

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Co-Sign to the max man. Ain't nobody like NaS. He stays original, never selling out for the money.

It just makes you wonder what would happen if 50cent didn't care about the money and actually tried to write lol

See that's the thing, 50 has that hunger. But he just chose the wrong profession. I actually respect curtis jackson the man, but I do not respect curtis jackson the rapper. He's a great businessman. There's no doubt.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
one dude im feeling right now(no homo) is Maino dude is real and he's a new face that the NY rap scene been missing

that song is gonna be a hit....other then Lupe he's the realest dude right now

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
See that's the thing, 50 has that hunger. But he just chose the wrong profession. I actually respect curtis jackson the man, but I do not respect curtis jackson the rapper. He's a great businessman. There's no doubt.

The game itself is turning into a business.

Its all about the $$.

And he would've been a businessman if he didn't start rapping anyway.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
one dude im feeling right now(no homo) is Maino dude is real and he's a new face that the NY rap scene been missing

that song is gonna be a hit....other then Lupe he's the realest dude right now

He seems pretty good. Hopefully he doesn't go commercial. Who signed the guy?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
he's signed with atlantic, he had trouble getting a deal but T.I helped him out, he has the skills and talent, but like you said i dont want him going commercial cause this song is def good.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Yea, its going to be up to him. Either you influence people with your music or you influence people with your money. Its his choice.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
good point man, we need a new face, like a nas long time since someone was as nice, i would say Jay too but he's also commercial now, i liked him before (no homo)

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
good point man, we need a new face, like a nas long time since someone was as nice, i would say Jay too but he's also commercial now, i liked him before (no homo)

I never felt Jay. I like Brooklyn we go hard and dirt off your shoulder tho.

If i had to picka fav rapper other than Nas itd be a tie between Mos Def and Talib Kweli. True lyricism at its finest.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Tupac was a great emcee that influenced many throughout the world. But the only album that I've actually listened to completely was "strickly for my niggaz". And also some other of his hits. Can anyone elaborate on his music and life? You know, like back stories and stuff like that.