Knicks trying to send Curry for Marion

JayJ44

Starter
I wish that would've happened. Pat Riley would have to be pretty insane though. Maybe closer to the trade deadline they will be more desperate. :crossfingers:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
If Donnie Walsh can get this trade done, I will no longer criticize him or D'Antoni for the rest of the season. Eddy Curry is a scrub. If the Knicks can package him with Jerome James and David Lee I would do it. I think Lee's a good player, but if we can get rid of Curry, it's worth it. Especially considering the fact that there's no guarantee Lee will re-sign with the Knicks after this year. IMO, he won't, regardless of what the Knicks offer him. Why would he stay here, when he can go to a contender for more money?

New New York

Quiet Storm
Curry is a Knick til atleast next season.

But can't fault Donnie for trying.

I'd trade him to Charlotte for a 2010 first rounder

quiggle

Starter
Eddy Curry should go into pro wrestling and be like the next Earthquake or Typhoon, call himself Curryzuna maybe he could beat the Undertake in Wrestlemania

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Eddy Curry should go into pro wrestling and be like the next Earthquake or Typhoon, call himself Curryzuna maybe he could beat the Undertake in Wrestlemania

LMAO!:beer:

A little off topic but for tonights game I see Curry is unlikely to play again, dimming my hopes of an upset victory. Without Curry's shotblocking abilities to negate Chris Paul's deep penetration (no homo) we're doomed. Curry's injuries have led us to this bad record, with him we'd easily have 30 wins. Any NBA team would be lucky to make a trade for such a valuable asset at only 9.7 million per. If any NBA teams aren't smart enough to make a trade to take advantage of Eddy's skills, I propose waiving Marbury for a roster spot then making a 2 for 1 trade where we send Curry to pro wrestling (sorry I don't know the name now, WCW or whatever), and we get back Kane and the Big Show.

groove

Rookie
I'm a not a Marion fan, but everything we can do to trade FatAss seems good to me.

But I can't believe Miami does this trade, although they need a big center...

jimmymootz

Rookie
Doubtful

Very little chance he gets any run over the next few weeks. Will take atleast a month to get into semi-decent game shape. I mean did you see him the other night??? And now the coach is starting to diss him to press, not a good thing if we want to trade him. Dantoni should keep it positive to the press.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
realknicksfans_eddie_crry_homo.jpg
Why on earth would Miami (who obviously plan on retaining Wade's services) trade Marion for a Giant Fat Fruit Who's Knee Was Damaged By Severe Rug Burn?

Kiyaman

Legend
I would've like to hear what Marion had to say about this trade other than "No Comment!" as if he was mad at the idea. Marion did not sound like Diaw who wants to regroup backup with Dantoni.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Curry

I agree with New New York. Curry is not likely to be traded this year. He is injured and out of shape. He is not likely to show anything before the trade deadline. Other teams know that Walsh wants to clear cap space for 2010. Why take a chance on Curry this year.

Hopefully before the end of the season, Curry will get into some reasonable shape and demonstrate that he can be a solid offensive big man. He is not for the up-tempo teams.

I have heard this rumor this morning....

Now please understand I heard this at about 9 am PST time, here in Oregon. It was reported on radio station 95.5 The Game that the Blazers and Knicks were on the verge of completing a trade. The only two players they mentioned were Sergio Rodriguez from Portland to the Knicks for Nate Robinson. Supposedly, it was being reported on ESPN. Yet, we haven't heard any updates about it over here. So, I am coming to the Knicks forum to see if anyone has any knowledge on the subject, heard any rumors on it within the last 24hrs....Honestly, I am not saying it is happening or if it makes sense or not, but just seeing if anyone heard anything.

Now please understand I heard this at about 9 am PST time, here in Oregon. It was reported on radio station 95.5 The Game that the Blazers and Knicks were on the verge of completing a trade. The only two players they mentioned were Sergio Rodriguez from Portland to the Knicks for Nate Robinson. Supposedly, it was being reported on ESPN. Yet, we haven't heard any updates about it over here. So, I am coming to the Knicks forum to see if anyone has any knowledge on the subject, heard any rumors on it within the last 24hrs....Honestly, I am not saying it is happening or if it makes sense or not, but just seeing if anyone heard anything.

That would be a great trade, even as much as I like Nate!

Kiyaman

Legend

I dont think Nate or Curry feel like moving their family during the season.....so injury Curry may start playing in another 3 to 4 weeks.....the week of the trading deadline.....Nate FG% might go back up to 43% and his trip to the line will become 4 or more around 3 to 4 weeks too.
Nate will see some nice money offers as a FA if he is not traded this season.

Last edited: