Supposed to be a Knick

Kiyaman

Legend
Rookie Center Brook Lopez is averaging close to a double-double (10-8) this season. Last night vs the centerless Thunders Brook Lopez added 31pts, 13rbds, and 2blks, which played a huge part in his team OT win.

Watching the Knicks par performance with each competitor has become annoying so I guess all my Post this season is annoying.
We are a Knick team that perform well with a top team and then perform like a bust to a low busted team.
Beating Boston and New Orleans was great.....but all the losses in between those two wins has to be ANNOYING.

Back in the daze (1960's to 1980's) a 7.0 C-Brook Lopez would've been considered a Top 1 or Top 2 draft pick.
One would think with the Curry & Zach mis-calculation as a decent bigman tandem that died before getting started, then Jerome James consistant 150 DNP games, and how well our SF-Chandler and PF-Lee clicked so well together in the last 20 games of last season, plus not resigning or inviting C-Randolph Morris to the SLG.....the Knicks would've jumped high off the ground on the oportunity to select "7.0 Brook Lopez" with the 6th pick.....then signed the Knicks ex-player Patrick Ewing as the assistant bigman coach whom was knocking on the Knicks door after the playoffs.
Especially, when the Knicks had plans already of signing FA PG-Duhon by signing him the first week of the FA signing before Philly could give him an offer. Getting a Young Center that rebounds & block shots and a young pass-first PG would've been a "BIG" sign of a rebuiding Knick Team.

This was the (NEW) 2008-9 season where we were supposed to (finally) give (ALL) our young players decent playingtime minutes together......with whatever (Isiah) veteran players that was not traded during the offseason.

TunerAddict

Starter
Yawn.

Jumping to conclusions WAY too soon. You will never know what the right pick was until for another 10 years.

Plus, I don't see Brook lasting too long, he just seem to be destined for massive back trouble.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
You're right. The frustration is mounting for all knick fans, specially when we lose to crappy teams like minny and the thunder(they were 4-and a million!!!). We could of been closer to .500 if it wasn't for those types of bad losses.

On the whole lopez thing, knicks felt that gallo had more "potential". They wanted a big guy that could shoot from everywhere. A nowitski clone.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Yawn.

Jumping to conclusions WAY too soon. You will never know what the right pick was until for another 10 years.

Plus, I don't see Brook lasting too long, he just seem to be destined for massive back trouble.

so far its Gallo the one with the back trouble, and i agree we gotta give Gallo a shot before we jump to conclusions, he's only 20 and could be a really good player in this league

dre48ny

Rotation player
so far its Gallo the one with the back trouble, and i agree we gotta give Gallo a shot before we jump to conclusions, he's only 20 and could be a really good player in this league

LMAO, yeah he's the unhealthy one. But on the real, Gallo is still young and I believe he's got the skill set to achieve great things in this league.

TunerAddict

Starter
I've said Brook was in for back trouble before the draft. And I'm sticking to it. It his body composition that tells me that. He is a stiff guy, and eventually that is going to lead to trouble.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
they are both gonna be great players for they're teams...

can't wait to see Gallo play when he's healthy (mid-to-late February)

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
who honestly thought we should pick Brook BEFORE the draft? it's so easy to speak now.
i would also love to see Brook on this team, probably the only guy (that was available) that i wouldnt mind having here instead of Gallo
but I, like pretty much all the fans here, thought Brook was gonna be a scrub, 2nd coming of Chris Mihm. it's pointless to try to be the smart one now.

Besides, Gallo has bigger upside. We'll talk again in 10 years, like someone said here. Looking forward to see him play

metrocard

Legend
Brook Lopez = 17/9/2 player...a total steal.

I don't think Gallinari can extend that level...maybe 21 ppg, 5 rebs, 4 assist...but 17/9/2 beats that.

I'm not mad at the Gallinari pick, but I told you guys Lopez and Augustin were going to be very special underrated players. Eveyone said they weren't athletic enough...look at them now...

JayJ44

Starter
First of all, we still don't know if Lopez will be a good player. His 31 point game was against the Thunder, who has no frontcourt at all. It's his rookie year, it can be decieving.

Secondly, there's no way you judge Gallinari already. He hasn't even played. But all the evidence available says he will be a very good player. He's 6'10 with handles, a knockdown shooter, and has the court vision and passing ability of a PG.

If we could do over the draft, I would make the same choice. Brook Lopez is nothing that special. He will be a solid center, most likely not an all-star, but a starter on a good team. Gallo has so much potential, and he fits this system perfectly.

Can you please stop posting the exact same thing over and over again Kiya? I understand you're frustrated from the previous regime, but Gallo was the best choice available.

Kiyaman

Legend
Is this guy FOR-REAL????

First of all, we still don't know if Lopez will be a good player. His 31 point game was against the Thunder, who has no frontcourt at all. It's his rookie year, it can be decieving.

Secondly, there's no way you judge Gallinari already. He hasn't even played. But all the evidence available says he will be a very good player. He's 6'10 with handles, a knockdown shooter, and has the court vision and passing ability of a PG.

If we could do over the draft, I would make the same choice. Brook Lopez is nothing that special. He will be a solid center, most likely not an all-star, but a starter on a good team. Gallo has so much potential, and he fits this system perfectly.

Can you please stop posting the exact same thing over and over again Kiya? I understand you're frustrated from the previous regime, but Gallo was the best choice available.

Gallo was better than who out of the first 15 picks in the 2008 draft?
Do you have a "You-Tube" veiwing of Gallo performance in the Pro Euro League that u been hiding from us in this forum?

It's been 6 months and our Post Games interviews still do not show any of Gallo performances on his Pro Euro-Team, I cant find anything on "You-Tube" either other than Gallo 1 game performance in the SLG.

For you or anyone else to say, "Gallo has so much potential, and fits this system", where did u see this potential.....in a newspaper article....if you are talking about Gallo one SLG....Roberson scored 20 points before halftime....SF-Chandler was a Super Star in that SL game doing anything he wanted to do.....so after halftime who do you think the Cavs double and trippled teammed? and what Knick SF player guarded the Paint area on offense/defense that entire SLG to get a Knick WIN?

The Knicks did not need a so-call SF/PF player out of the 2008 draft....that is why the Knicks were the only team to get "Boo's" on their selection in the draft.
On draft night Knick Fans were tired of Marbury Bullshuut and Crawful inconsistant poor decision making....we were looking at getting Westbrook, Bayless, Gordon, and if posible Mayo.
Gallinari was only in Uncle Dantoni Plans....look at the post season draft that was put out after last season February deadline at the college players that best fit each NBA team. None of them had the Knicks at needing a Foward.
No coach Dantoni equals No Gallinari with our 6th pick! accept it.

What NBA team that had a 1 to 15 pick was going to take a chance on selecting a player that was a 30% chance of playing in the NBA this season, especially when SF-Alexander were busting out strongly in predraft camp as a SF/PF to prove he was the best strong SF in the draft.

As for Brook Lopez last season at Stanford he by passed his brother by a mile and was challenging Love in the college post season draft. What set Brook Lopez back was the speed of the Predraft scrimmage game where Love & Alexander were much faster.
But being a 7.0 Center with a complete offense/defense game still had us Knick-Fans looking at Brook Lopez as one of the TOP-5 picks that will not be traded b/c the Thunders, Wolves, and Grizz were all desperate for a center piece. So the majority of Knick-Fans were looking for a Star-Guard with our 6th pick in the draft...

Kiyaman

Legend
Another thing need to be noted about Gallo....he is a bigger "Project-Player" than Eddy Curry. And our orgaization knows this by investing big in helping this "Project-Player" become somewhat of a decent player within the next two seasons.

The Knicks traded Zach & Crawful for players that play the same position as Gallo....as a way to teach Gallo how to play B-Ball within the next two seasons.

We may have been told that Harrington & Tim Thomas was for shorter contracts and the best available players for Zach & Crawful.....but the big picture show that these traded players happen to have what is expected from the guy we drafted and will be paying $6M per for the next 4 years.

Dantoni's coaching staff under Allan Houston's training sessions are taking "Project-Gallo" into training this season using the several talents of all the Knick-Players that played the SF-position in the NBA....starting with SF-Jefferies, SF-Q.Richardson, SF-Chandler, SF/PF-Lee, SF/PF-Tim Thomas, and SF/PF-Harrington to teach and show Gallo how to be effective on offense in the NBA.

We all should know that Marbury, Crawful, and Zach is not with improving another teammates game on offense....their career shows that.

jimmymootz

Rookie
Joe Alexander

Kiyaman above mentions Joe Alexander.... He is not getting a lot of run in Mlilwaukee because of Redd and Jefferson but if their are any St John's/Big East fans out their that remember seeing him come to the Garden then they will agree. Their were also some good matchups between him and Patrick Ewing Jr. Dude is going to be a good player. Good defender, clutch scoring, hops and a guy that makes others around him better. If he continues to sit the bench for the Bucks then we should look to trade him. Maybe they would take Nate for him....

O yeah and the Gallinari move was clearly made becasue of his connection to the Dantoni family.

Last edited:

GetRealistic

Starter
All you do is complain man seriously. There was no clear cut pick at number 6 for the Knicks. Some people wanted a point guard (myself included), some people wanted a big man, and believe it or not some people wanted Gallinari. So no matter who we picked there would have been boos. You gotta stop with the OJ Mayo, and Russell Westbrook stuff because they both were off the board by our pick and they only way we were going to move up in the draft was to trade David Lee. If you wanted to trade Lee and the 6th pick for either Mayo or Westbrook you may have been able to do it, but i still doubt that woulda worked. You gotta remember Lee was a hot commodity last off season but nothing near what he is now.

If Gallinari comes back in Feb. and gets consistant minutes for 25-30 games and stinks the Garden up feel free to complain. But let the 19 year-old play before you rant and rave. I truly have a strong belief that the Gallinari is going to be a solid player. And how often do athletic 6'10 ball handling shooters come around? They are a rare commodity. I have no doubt we can find a player at the level of Brook Lopez or DJ Augustine with this years lottery pick.

Nowadays it seems like there are 3-4 new rookie PG's who make an immediate impact every year and this upcoming draft class has 4 promising bigman (Thabeet, Monroe, Mullens and the kid from Vandy) that very well may have more upside then Lopez

Kiyaman

Legend
Another Forum Thread:

As to youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...oq=danillo+gal

...plenty of the Big Cock out there....

Thats the first time I seen that video, did u make that Starks?
Those are some nice offensive footage of Gallo I'm not going to knock it.... but anyone in this forum will tell you its not good enough hops or outside shooting to come close to an NBA 6-pick, especially with out showing Gallo on the defensive end of the court.
SF-Alexander had better footage in his video on both side of the court than Gallo in just the scrimage games in pre-draft camp.
Ariza "You-Tube" video of two years in college had so many high-hops and running on both sides of the court would put both of those videos of Gallo to shame....and Ariza was a second round pick.

Nice try Starks....but it is not a top 10 pick material.

Kiyaman above mentions Joe Alexander.... He is not getting a lot of run in Mlilwaukee because of Redd and Jefferson but if their are any St John's/Big East fans out their that remember seeing him come to the Garden then they will agree. Their were also some good matchups between him and Patrick Ewing Jr. Dude is going to be a good player. Good defender, clutch scoring, hops and a guy that makes others around him better. If he continues to sit the bench for the Bucks then we should look to trade him. Maybe they would take Nate for him....

O yeah and the Gallinari move was clearly made becasue of his connection to the Dantoni family.

I WISH! I wanted Joe Alexander bad out of last years draft, but once again on draft day I was agravated again! I would love to trade for this kid but were pretty stocked up at SF right now. I remember people calling him "White LeBron" because of his freakish athletiszm at 6'8" 240lbs. :D

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
but anyone in this forum will tell you its not good enough

if u read the posts of other forum posters time to time, u will probably find out they do tell it lol

besides, Walsh has probably more hoops knowledge than "anyone in this forum", so it would be wise to stick with him on this one and wait for the kid to play.

for a man who claims that u never saw Gallo play that much, u are sure fast to criticize his skills lol...

Kiyaman

Legend
if u read the posts of other forum posters time to time, u will probably find out they do tell it lol

besides, Walsh has probably more hoops knowledge than "anyone in this forum", so it would be wise to stick with him on this one and wait for the kid to play.

for a man who claims that u never saw Gallo play that much, u are sure fast to criticize his skills lol...

What SKILLZ? we are talking about our 6th Pick!
We had two young Raw SF in Balkman & Chandler that Gallo skillz and B-Ball IQ could not touch in the SLG.
If the Knicks would've made a trade of Jefferies or Q.Rich which would've gotten us Gallo in the draft it would be a different story.

How many teams messed up their TOP-10 picks on a Euro-Player in the last 20 years?