Pay David Lee!

CoolClyde

David Lee deserves to be paid, the only consistent Knick player in the last few years, who actually played his ass off. The Knicks organization, from James Dolan to Isiah to Walsh to No-D'Antoni, has paid off so many people and players for doing NOTHING: Alan Houston - 100 Million Dollars (worth it?), Anushka Brown (11Million Dollars), Larry Brown (10 Million for 1 year's coaching), Jerome James (15 Million for playing 5 minutes), Stephon Marbury (21Million for not playing), the list goes on.

Finally, a player who represents everything the Knicks are about, hustle and determination and spirit, and now it looks like we can't afford to pay David Lee 2-3 million more than he might be worth. Most folks agree David Lee is worth 6-8 Million per year, that's what Mgmt has paid other players who have done NOT MUCH OF ANYTHING. David Lee brings to the table more than just his remarkable stats, he brings team play, he works well with all the current Knicks, and he deserves to be paid for what he's done the past 3 years, and to reward him with a contract. DAVID LEE DESERVES TO BE PAID! HE DESERVES TO BE A KNICKS PAST 2010, AND KNICK FANS DESERVE TO HAVE A WINNER SUCH AS DAVID LEE.

Finally, when David Lee's day has come to collect, the Knicks are going to say "we can't afford your great play?" GIVE ME A F*CKING BREAK!

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
now it looks like we can't afford to pay David Lee 2-3 million more than he might be worth.

DAVID LEE DESERVES TO BE PAID!

when David Lee's day has come to collect, the Knicks are going to say "we can't afford your great play?" GIVE ME A F*CKING BREAK!

the title should be changed to "Overpay David Lee!" :)

i definately co-sign on this post.... great post.... finally we have a guy that consistantly produces and we are willing to just let him get away.... you in the past few years no one has been a consistant double double guy like david lee that plays with the selfless passion that he plays with.... he loves new york and new york loves him... why let a young talented player thats gets better and better every year get away
there is no guarentee we are gunna get lebron so why trade him away for cap... instead use players like nate to help clear up space
if you can get a true center lee's production will only go up because he will finally be able to play his true position PF rather than being undersized every single night
pay the man and surround him with the best team possible through drafting players with talent and free agency

imagine if we trade up in the draft this year and get a guy like monroe ... and then instead of gettting two stars we only get lebron and a lesser star
then you look at
duhon
lebron
chandler/gallinari
lee
monroe

id definately take it... thats a non selfish all around ball club

pay lee
its the right move

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
David Lee deserves to be paid, the only consistent Knick player in the last few years, who actually played his ass off. The Knicks organization, from James Dolan to Isiah to Walsh to No-D'Antoni, has paid off so many people and players for doing NOTHING: Alan Houston - 100 Million Dollars (worth it?), Anushka Brown (11Million Dollars), Larry Brown (10 Million for 1 year's coaching), Jerome James (15 Million for playing 5 minutes), Stephon Marbury (21Million for not playing), the list goes on.

Finally, a player who represents everything the Knicks are about, hustle and determination and spirit, and now it looks like we can't afford to pay David Lee 2-3 million more than he might be worth. Most folks agree David Lee is worth 6-8 Million per year, that's what Mgmt has paid other players who have done NOT MUCH OF ANYTHING. David Lee brings to the table more than just his remarkable stats, he brings team play, he works well with all the current Knicks, and he deserves to be paid for what he's done the past 3 years, and to reward him with a contract. DAVID LEE DESERVES TO BE PAID! HE DESERVES TO BE A KNICKS PAST 2010, AND KNICK FANS DESERVE TO HAVE A WINNER SUCH AS DAVID LEE.

Finally, when David Lee's day has come to collect, the Knicks are going to say "we can't afford your great play?" GIVE ME A F*CKING BREAK!

If the knicks will pay him or not remain to be seen but he's definetly worth the big raise

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i want David Lee signed to a long term contract, but i wouldnt pay 10 mill a season for him cause he's not worth that much

i also dont like that Walsh may not want to do anything till 2010 i feel like were a few players away from championship contention we have a nice young core that will be the heart of this team in Chandler, Lee, Nate, and Gallo

this years draft pick will be a nice player who meshes well with our current team like a Greg Monroe or Hashim Thabeet or DeRozan or Jennings all players with sky high talent at postions we need, resign Harrington and sing just 1 superstar to bring it all together like a D-Wade, Bosh or Johnson surround him with the team of Lee and Harrington and developed Chandler, Nate and Gallo and you got youself the 2010/2011 NBA Champions

KnickfaninMA

Benchwarmer
Keep DLEE

I don't know why any Knick fan would not want David Lee to re-sign with the Knicks. Even if they think he is going be overpaid by a few million; in my opinion it's definitely worth it. This guy is the last true Knick player I've seen since the 90's. The guy plays with passion, heart, and hustle. That is where he earns that extra 2-3 million per year on his contract. SIGN HIM!
:thumbsup:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
He's ABSOLUTELY worth $10m/year. The Knicks have NEVER been shy paying people. As previously mentioned, how the **** can his heart pouring efforts be snubbed? Especially after some of the horrific contracts that have been handed out in the last 5 years, never mind those that were traded for. This guy has given more this season and last than any other Knick throughout the entirety of those employed.

He's worth more than Chandler!
He's worth more than N8 - (by a ****ing long shot)!!!!!!
He shits on Harrington & Q Rich combined!
He's worth more than any player on board by a long shot.

$10m/year - 4 years - No Worries. Champions should get there due after all the money sapping losers almost dried out the well.

fullgetty71797466ra010bqz8.jpg

Paul1355

All Star
Your name should be also changed to Rollingjoints :smokin:

more like rollingstoned

Lee has been great the only thing Lee has to really work on is his defense and he has to take more shot attempts.

we should give him a 4 to 5 year deal worth 6-8 mil per year.

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
more like rollingstoned

Lee has been great the only thing Lee has to really work on is his defense and he has to take more shot attempts.

we should give him a 4 to 5 year deal worth 6-8 mil per year.

hehe
u come into a thread where the guy is saying we should pay Lee up to 11 mil and i disagree, u say im stoned, and yet u say yourself that we should pay 6-8 mil.. lolz, i think u are the one stoned :)

If the guy wants to say 6-8 mil a year, i co-sign. 6 mil would be a steal imo, 8 mil about right.
But what i read in CoolClyde's post is that D-Lee is worth 6-8 mil, but we should afford to overpay 2-3 mil. That's up to 11 mil a year for David Lee... If that is not big time overpaying, tell me.
I dont see how it doesnt hurt our future. Lee would have to develop a lot to justify that.

Lee is nice, but all i see him doing on defence is bend over, get ready to jump for rebound and hope other team misses. Sure he gets a lot of rebounds this way, because he's always ready to jump for them. But he sacrifices a lot of defence.
Maybe that would change if he was full time PF, but watching him I get a feeling it's more of a mindset issue. He prefers to be in this "bent over/ready to jump for rebound" position all the time on D. Instead of doing it when the opponents shoot the ball.

up to 11 mil deal is based on big time hopes that he develops a lot, and i dont see a reason to believe it.

Last edited:

paris401

Starter
more like rollingstoned

i'd say he could also use a jump shot longer then 5ft... i like lee, but other then around the basket, he has NO shot...none...

suprising too vu he is a pretty good from the charity line...

Scribbles

Rotation player
:boohoo:

If we pay Lee what his Agent wants, then we run the risk of choosing Lee over an Amare or Chris Bosh.

No Thanks.

I love Lee's inspiring and passionate play, don't get me wrong, but he is not a cornerstone player to build around. He's not even a starter on a contending team.

You guys are making out Lee to be some sort of Pau Gasol.

Nope...

He is a 6th man who's heart and hustle is shining here only because the Knicks are a bunch of lazy, overpriced, uninspired players.

If Lee really really really wants to be a Knick, he'd take any deal the Knicks put on the table for the sake of 2010 and the "dreams" in the long run. But that's highly doubtful and almost mythical especially since he can make the same ballpark number on a established WINNING team.

LEE is not going to be back in NY next year - it's almost a given guarantee.

The Knicks are not going to run the risk of another losing decade for David Lee.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I think the Knicks should trade David Lee while his value is up. Lee is not a true 15 and 11 player. His numbers are currently inflated, because the team has a lot of injuries and is being forced to use a tight 7 man rotation. David Lee's numbers are not going to be this high next year. The only way they will be this high is if he signs with another team that's full of injuries and that has a very short rotation. I think the Knicks should use Lee as a way to get rid of Eddy Curry, and as a way to possibly get someone good in return, or a 2010 first round pick that the Knicks currently donot have.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
It all comes down to trading Curry or Jeffries. If we can trade either one of them before the deadline, then we SHOULD sign Lee. If we can't trade those players, then signing Lee will ruin our chances at signing Amare or Bosh. I would much rather have Amare or Bosh, than Lee.

It would be ashame if Curry causes us to lose Lee. Curry has f***ed up this franchise in many ways.

Lee would be the perfect role player to go along 2 superstars in D'Antoni's system. He's a great outlet passer and rebounder. He's a hustle player that doesn't need the ball to be effective and sets up picks then splits them really well. We would still need a player like him to go along with the 2 superstars. Every championship team needs a player like Lee.

dre48ny

Rotation player
It all comes down to trading Curry or Jeffries. If we can trade either one of them before the deadline, then we SHOULD sign Lee. If we can't trade those players, then signing Lee will ruin our chances at signing Amare or Bosh. I would much rather have Amare or Bosh, than Lee.

It would be ashame if Curry causes us to lose Lee. Curry has f***ed up this franchise in many ways.

Lee would be the perfect role player to go along 2 superstars in D'Antoni's system. He's a great outlet passer and rebounder. He's a hustle player that doesn't need the ball to be effective and sets up picks then splits them really well. We would still need a player like him to go along with the 2 superstars. Every championship team needs a player like Lee.

Exactly, that's what it comes down to. We need to get rid of some unproductive players and their contracts and create the space to keep Lee and sign 2 big names in 2010. If this doesn't happen then as much as Lee is a keeper he will prevent the NYK from signing big names in 2010.

The other option is they sign Lee is that Curry opts out (which i don't see him doing) or signing one player in 2010 and waiting for 2011 to sign another player when Curry and others come off the books.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Lee

If he is not traded, or if he is signed before free agency, Lee's worth will be determined by what another team is willing to pay him. The Knicks can match or not match. If they do not match, the Knicks get nothing in return.

I expect that Lee might be willing to take a New York discount. If the Knicks want him, they should try to sign him and avoid matching some other team's offer. If Curry and/or Jefferies can get off the books before 2010, the Knicks are likely to sign Lee.

Although other teams value Lee highly, I am not sure he is easily tradeable. He will not have to sign with the acquiring team because he is on the road to free agency. I agree with abcd that Lee's trade value is currently high. Walsh has a problem. It can be fixed if someone will take Curry off our hands, but that is not going to happen before the trade deadline, because he is injured and totally out of shape.

Exactly, that's what it comes down to. We need to get rid of some unproductive players and their contracts and create the space to keep Lee and sign 2 big names in 2010. If this doesn't happen then as much as Lee is a keeper he will prevent the NYK from signing big names in 2010.

The other option is they sign Lee is that Curry opts out (which i don't see him doing) or signing one player in 2010 and waiting for 2011 to sign another player when Curry and others come off the books.

When is D.Howard a FA? :D