Pay David Lee!

Paul1355

All Star
hehe
u come into a thread where the guy is saying we should pay Lee up to 11 mil and i disagree, u say im stoned, and yet u say yourself that we should pay 6-8 mil.. lolz, i think u are the one stoned :)

If the guy wants to say 6-8 mil a year, i co-sign. 6 mil would be a steal imo, 8 mil about right.
But what i read in CoolClyde's post is that D-Lee is worth 6-8 mil, but we should afford to overpay 2-3 mil. That's up to 11 mil a year for David Lee... If that is not big time overpaying, tell me.
I dont see how it doesnt hurt our future. Lee would have to develop a lot to justify that.

Lee is nice, but all i see him doing on defence is bend over, get ready to jump for rebound and hope other team misses. Sure he gets a lot of rebounds this way, because he's always ready to jump for them. But he sacrifices a lot of defence.
Maybe that would change if he was full time PF, but watching him I get a feeling it's more of a mindset issue. He prefers to be in this "bent over/ready to jump for rebound" position all the time on D. Instead of doing it when the opponents shoot the ball.

up to 11 mil deal is based on big time hopes that he develops a lot, and i dont see a reason to believe it.

I agree with you then that he should definetly not be payed 11 mil a year. He is currently not that valuable. Potentially maybe We can sign a big time PF with money like that who can also provide defense. The main reason why I give Lee a max of 8 or 9 mil is because of his A+ work ethic. You can almost gurantee that any weakness in his game is going to be improved within a year or few years....so I expect his defense to improve and for Lee to average a block a game before we know it.

Guys that work as hard as Lee deserve atleast what i offer. You get what your paying for a hard working rebounder who has great work ethic.

His jump shot has improved and once he has that down the money will be worth it, no doubt in my mind.

Give Lee a better jump shot and improved defense and he can be worth more than what I would pay him for.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
You guys know were I stand on this subject.. I think he deserves anywhere from 8-10 mill.Like another poster said the knicks have dished out the money to players that hav'nt done a thing for us.Now that we have a player in Lee that deserves the money they all of a sudden have to think about paying Lee.Walt Frasier said last night that there was a rumor that Lee was going to ask for 10 mill.Frasier said the way that he is playing he will deserve more than 10 mill.So I say sign him already b/c if not then we will lose out on a great player that can come off the bench for us for years to come.

KnickfaninMA

Benchwarmer
Keep DLEE

I hope the Knicks can keep DLEE because the guy is a great player to have on our team. His work ethic can also rub off on the younger players.

Also, why would anyone compare Pau Gasol to DLEE. Pau Gasol is more talented, and also physically bigger, but the guy is soft. I realized that when he got beasted by Garnett in the finals. With all the advantages Pau Gasol has over DLEE, he doesn't have the heart, hustle, or passion that DLEE's got. If he had those qualities he could be a top ten player in the nba, instead he is just a good player.

paris401

Starter
just once, i'd like us to draft someone and they develop into a star.. and not a david (can't hit a 5ft jumper if my life depended on it) lee , or nate (when's the circus coming to town) robinson ....is that asking toooo much???

CoolClyde

Jerome James vs David Lee

I already posted this on Jerome James WTF thread, but it deserves attention here. Below is Big Snacks' 29M salary/stats compared to DLee.
<hr style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay

Here are a few creative accounting ways in how that $29M played out on the floor, assuming he indeed doesn't return in 09-10:

$2,507,204.61 per hour on the floor
$325,842.70 per game played
$130,044.84 per point scored
$177,914.11 per rebound
$743,589.74 per blocked shot

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
DAVID LEE $/stats - (not counting rest of 2009)

SALARY
2005/2006 - $ 861,360
2006/2007 - $ 926,040
2007/2008 - $ 990,600
2008/2009 - $1,788,033

Total = $4,566,033

STATS
6610 minutes = $690/minute
2082 rebounds = $2193/rebound
2451 points = $1862/point

Looking at it that way, I'd say trade David Lee! not.

So Jerome James makes more in 1 year than David Lee has made
his whole New York career, and now we can't afford to pay the man when his time has come to get paid? Staph Mebury gets $21Mill to NOT PLAY.

what does that tell you about James Dolan and the Knicks organization?

PAY DAVID LEE!

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I already posted this on Jerome James WTF thread, but it deserves attention here. Below is Big Snacks' 29M salary/stats compared to DLee.
<hr style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay

Here are a few creative accounting ways in how that $29M played out on the floor, assuming he indeed doesn't return in 09-10:

$2,507,204.61 per hour on the floor
$325,842.70 per game played
$130,044.84 per point scored
$177,914.11 per rebound
$743,589.74 per blocked shot

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
DAVID LEE $/stats - (not counting rest of 2009)

SALARY
2005/2006 - $ 861,360
2006/2007 - $ 926,040
2007/2008 - $ 990,600
2008/2009 - $1,788,033

Total = $4,566,033

STATS
6610 minutes = $690/minute
2082 rebounds = $2193/rebound
2451 points = $1862/point

Looking at it that way, I'd say trade David Lee! not.

So Jerome James makes more in 1 year than David Lee has made
his whole New York career, and now we can't afford to pay the man when his time has come to get paid? Staph Mebury gets $21Mill to NOT PLAY.

what does that tell you about James Dolan and the Knicks organization?

PAY DAVID LEE!

I agree with you 110%!! PAY D-LEE NOW!!!!!!!!!

GetRealistic

Starter
Fellas were not allowed to renegiate or resign David Lee until the seasons over. The deadline was Oct 30 so until the season is up nobody can resign a player coming out of his rookie contract.

It all comes down to this, does D-Lee take a hometown discount or does he cash in on his numbers.

Kiyaman

Legend
I hope the Knicks can keep DLEE because the guy is a great player to have on our team. His work ethic can also rub off on the younger players.

Also, why would anyone compare Pau Gasol to DLEE. Pau Gasol is more talented, and also physically bigger, but the guy is soft. I realized that when he got beasted by Garnett in the finals. With all the advantages Pau Gasol has over DLEE, he doesn't have the heart, hustle, or passion that DLEE's got. If he had those qualities he could be a top ten player in the nba, instead he is just a good player.

Do U recall....
Knick-Fans went buck-wild when coach Charlie Brown DNP Rookie David Lee the entire 2nd half of the season....to go on a 22 game losing streak.
Or have some of you forgotten that? if so do you recall Lee second season:

David Lee started off his second season as a double-double player that motovated Eddy Curry to have 16 straight double-double games before Lee was injured for the season (Winning the MVP in the Rook/Soph All-Star).
All the peeps that slept on David Lee at the draft and throughout his rookie contract.....debating that Lee is not worth $10M per on any NBA team b/c his stats are 11-10....forgot his stats are made on sheer hard hustling and his team-chemistry improves his teammates performance.
This was established by Lee his first 3 seasons in the league....thats why Memphis offered to give up their 4th pick last season for 30th pick David Lee. Memphis felt David Lee chemistry perfomance could replace Gasol.

And Please dont anyone give Lee's performance to coach Dantoni....especially after 2 years of just watching Isiah give playingtime to only high-contract players that hated each other....benching all the young athletic NBA ready players.

Knick-Fans went buck-wild when coach Charlie Brown DNP Rookie David Lee the entire 2nd half of the season....to go on a 22 game losing streak.
Or have some of you forgotten that? if so do you recall Lee seacond season:

David Lee started off his second season as a double-double player that motovated Eddy Curry to have 16 straight double-double games before Lee was injured for the season (Winning the MVP in the Rook/Soph All-Star).
All the peeps that slept on David Lee at the draft and throughout his rookie contract.....debating that Lee is not worth $10M per on any NBA team b/c his stats are 11-10....forgot his stats are made on sheer hard hustling and his team-chemistry improves his teammates performance.
This was established by Lee his first 3 seasons in the league....thats why Memphis offered to give up their 4th pick last season for 30th pick David Lee. Memphis felt David Lee chemistry perfomance could replace Gasol.

And Please dont anyone give Lee's performance to coach Dantoni....especially after 2 years of just watching Isiah give playingtime to only high-contract players that hated each other....benching all the young athletic NBA ready players.

I will not forget :teeth:

:agreed: 110%

David Lee is the epitome of a team player and someone who can make other players better. He is a positive influence and will do whatever is asked of him to win. In this day and age you can't find that many people in any profession, let alone the NBA.

He is also still young and is improving as he is getting more playing time. The last thing I would like to see is for him to be traded to another team and watch him flourish.

Pay him what he deserves. I think he really likes New York and would prefer to continue his career here. He also is a fan favorite and I think you would see many unhappy fans if he is traded.

CoolClyde

David Lee: Knicks Vs Suns: Salary Vs Stats

KNICKS VS SUNS: SALARY VS STATS

DAVID LEE
25 Points 16 Rebounds
08-09 salary: $1,788,033

AMARE STOUDAMIRE
20 Points 4 Rebounds
08-09 salary: $15,0070,550

SHAQ O
21 Points 12 Rebounds
08-09 salary: $20,000,000

PAY DAVID LEE!
<table border="0" bordercolor="#ffffff" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="650"><tbody><tr> </tr></tbody></table>