World Baseball Classic

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
yo iam dominican and iam so mad at our team to lose like that i feel like the bigest embarsment i ever had but nothing man sometimes we learn form our erros and na seguir para adelante mi gente

metrocard

Legend
Manuel said his team was supposed to win in blow out fashion instead. Sheer arrogance that is why DR being sent home has a feeling of justice.

You do not discard the opponents, after they handled your arse in a platter.

He was right though, it wasn't really that arogrant.

DR got sent home because the Netherlands preformed better in the two occasions, simply.

KBlack25

Starter
Manuel said his team was supposed to win in blow out fashion instead. Sheer arrogance that is why DR being sent home has a feeling of justice.

You do not discard the opponents, after they handled your arse in a platter.

Reminds me of when Sheffield was talking about the Yanks advancing to the ALCS before they got out of the ALDS (I think it was after the first game in 2007 where they crushed the Tigers and then lost the next 4). Never ever ever underestimate any opponent, it's a lesson to be learned. DR clearly had the best infield with a healthy A-Rod...Ortiz-Hanley-Reyes-Rodriguez is unreal. But when you start overlooking teams, and start counting your eggs before they hatch, that's when shit starts to fall apart.

th3realicon

Rotation player
He was right though, it wasn't really that arogrant.

DR got sent home because the Netherlands preformed better in the two occasions, simply.

Agreed, the Dominicans are WAY better. That doesn't make them humble in defeat though. They lost, it wouldn't have hurt them to admit it. The funny thing is they lost again. Once is an accident, twice is called being OWNED.

The Dutch had nothing to lose and got the upset, twice.

It is one thing loosing to a weaker opponent and admitting that something went wrong, it is a completely other thing being disrespectful to the winner. Not only it motivated the Dutch to come stronger but it also made the Dominicans look like complete loosers.

It is the same way with A-Rod and jeter. DJ always says the 'right' things. A Rod can't stay away from trouble. He praised Reyes and said he 'wished' he would lead off for the Yankees. That did raise questions on Damons the lead off hitter and DJ the shortstop. You know what Jet said when asked how it felt about playing alongside David Lee? "It is a great honor to play with such a talented 3rd baseman, through out my careers i have been lucky to play with some great 3rd baseman."

The point is, sometimes you loose it happens. Some take it with class some just remain sore losers.

metrocard

Legend
Agreed, the Dominicans are WAY better. That doesn't make them humble in defeat though. They lost, it wouldn't have hurt them to admit it. The funny thing is they lost again. Once is an accident, twice is called being OWNED.

The Dutch had nothing to lose and got the upset, twice.

It is one thing loosing to a weaker opponent and admitting that something went wrong, it is a completely other thing being disrespectful to the winner. Not only it motivated the Dutch to come stronger but it also made the Dominicans look like complete loosers.

It is the same way with A-Rod and jeter. DJ always says the 'right' things. A Rod can't stay away from trouble. He praised Reyes and said he 'wished' he would lead off for the Yankees. That did raise questions on Damons the lead off hitter and DJ the shortstop. You know what Jet said when asked how it felt about playing alongside David Lee? "It is a great honor to play with such a talented 3rd baseman, through out my careers i have been lucky to play with some great 3rd baseman."

The point is, sometimes you loose it happens. Some take it with class some just remain sore losers.

Athletes shouldn't care what they say to please the fans/media...athletes are forced to be way too ethical in my opinion and it they should have their own freedom to say whatever they want as long as it doesnt create beef in the locker room.

Its more like trouble can't stay away from A'Rod. People know Jeter isn't the best SS in the MLB, just a good guy on a great team, with a good winning resume.

While A'Rod is the best(if he moved to SS, he's the #1 short stop, and is generally the best infielder in the game), who hasn't had a great winning resume and has potential to break historical records, so that makes his vunerable to others.

David Lee played 3rd base?

Yo...DR lost indeed, but when you're not used to losing, people don't learn how to take losing with class unless you've experienced many times before. Thats why athletes have their egos built up from all their sucess. Winning is all they expect...DR obviously expected things more than executed them and payed the price.

losers*

th3realicon

Rotation player
lol I meant Wright man. David Wright although i am pretty sure Lee would have been a nice 3rd baseman. :D

A-Roid can break all the records he wants. He will always have that * behind his name. Jeter is clean and has always been.

*admitted he did performance enhancing drugs

As far as the DR being used to win i'd rather you have said they are not used to loose to such a lowly opponent.

metrocard

Legend
I don't think Netherlands is a low quality team(just because they lack MLB players), they have to have quality to take down DR twice.

Puerto Rico SLAMMED USA...and ended their hopes of winning the WBC.
I don't think USA could recover from this 1-11 MERCY loss; PR showed its dominance and chemistry, a good balance of pitching, hitting and fielding.

Right now the top teams are Japan, Cuba, and PR.

Japan and Cuba will fight it out in Pool 1, and PR will glide through Pool 2.

SWEET!

I'm so hyped...baseball is back, finally.

KBlack25

Starter
US got straight up embarrassed...plus side though (though it pains me to say it, I never like to root for a guy to get hurt) is that Dustin Pedroia came back limping. If he's hurt or has a nagging injury that hurts the Red Sox even more, and God damn it do I hate the Red Sox.

Peavy looked awful, thank the good Lord he didn't want to be a Yankee, I don't want him anyway.

But again, the US manager said before the tournament that USA should be the heavy favorites. AGAIN, we see arrogance come into play. PR just plays a better team game all around.

I think this will be the last we see of Pros in the WBC. Pedroia got hurt, Cano got hurt, lots of guys going down. Any wise MLB player would not be doing this, it hurts his team. No-pressure innings in Florida differ markedly from games that matter in March.

In terms of the DJ v. ARod debate, metro is right. Jeter is not the best SS in the game by a long shot. None of his numbers are ever that exceptional, save for the one year where Justin Morneau robbed him of MVP, he's just a face the media loves, and the face of NY. This guy plays in KC, he's a mediocre to pretty good SS.

In terms of ARod though, ARod can't keep himself out of trouble, but trouble finds ARod as well. When he said he wished Reyes was their SS, he obviouslly was not thinking. That's ARod bringing it upon himself. But the roid thing, it's obvious the only reason ARod was the one of one hundred four names to be released was because his name is Alex Rodriguez. Is it fair? No, it's not. ARod took this test under the guise of strict confidentiality, and now his career has to suffer because the MLB has more leaks than the Titanic. It's not fair, but it's the price of stardom, I guess.

KnickfaninMA

Benchwarmer
New team to root for

Since DR got eliminated, I gotta go with their closest neighbor PR. So far PR has been cruising! With their pitching, I look for them to sweep the WBC!

KBlack25

Starter
Yet another example of talking before you finish, metro running his mouth about how PR is going to cruise.

U-S-A! U-S-A!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Bye Bye PR.

metrocard

Legend
Yet another example of talking before you finish, metro running his mouth about how PR is going to cruise.

U-S-A! U-S-A!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Bye Bye PR.

You gay.

PR outscored USA 16 - 6....total domination and superiority.

Same team that mercied.

USA just got lucky in one inning, if this was a best of 3, USA would fall.

Btw, USA is losing to Venezuela right now...getting SMACKED 10 -6 and its only the 5th inning, Ven got 15 hits...USA has no pitching.

What do you brag about things that aren't there?

You a fail.

th3realicon

Rotation player
Truth be told though that 9th inning against PR last night was mach more important that the mercy rule PR win and the Venezuela spanking combined.

metrocard

Legend
Truth be told though that 9th inning against PR last night was mach more important that the mercy rule PR win and the Venezuela spanking combined.

In all fairness.

Still...USA preformance this WBC shows the system isn't fair to those who dominate and preform....WBC should be ranked how scorer ranks their team by points....USA is lacking quality points but still advanced to the top 4.

Cuba/PR should be in the top 4, in terms of quality and preformance...there shouldn't be ONE elimination game, thats not really all that competive in terms of sports management.

KBlack25

Starter
You gay.

PR outscored USA 16 - 6....total domination and superiority.

Same team that mercied.

USA just got lucky in one inning, if this was a best of 3, USA would fall.

Btw, USA is losing to Venezuela right now...getting SMACKED 10 -6 and its only the 5th inning, Ven got 15 hits...USA has no pitching.

What do you brag about things that aren't there?

You a fail.

Did you watch the game? PR pitching couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. The USA didn't get "lucky" one inning, if PR could hit the strike zone ever maybe they'd have a chance. Instead, the PR pitching showed how inaccurate they are.

This is called a "Double Elimination" tournament, it's the way things work. It's a very common way for a tournament to run. Just because your boys lost doesn't make it "unfair", rules is rules.

In any case, aren't I supposed to be on your ignore list? Wasn't there some sort of power move to get me off the site?

Puerto Rico lost, deal with it. I guess you Puerto Ricans are going to have to settle for raping innocent women on video during your own pride parade. That's all you people know how to do.

metrocard

Legend
Did you watch the game? PR pitching couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. The USA didn't get "lucky" one inning, if PR could hit the strike zone ever maybe they'd have a chance. Instead, the PR pitching showed how inaccurate they are.

This is called a "Double Elimination" tournament, it's the way things work. It's a very common way for a tournament to run. Just because your boys lost doesn't make it "unfair", rules is rules.

In any case, aren't I supposed to be on your ignore list? Wasn't there some sort of power move to get me off the site?

Puerto Rico lost, deal with it. I guess you Puerto Ricans are going to have to settle for raping innocent women on video during your own pride parade. That's all you people know how to do.

Your first paragraph makes no sense since USA pitching has been exposed throughout the tournament. This is very the same USA that got "raped" in a 11-0 mercy knockout?

They had a chance...they had THE lead with 2 outs left..USA needed a miracle comeback to win....did your stupid ass even watch the game or you just love to make ignorant ass post?

How can you even make a rape comment when:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_rap_percap-crime-rapes-per-capita

USA is ranked 9th...

Damn, your a clown.

Your post literally consist of

a weak illogical ignorant statement.
a repeated bitch cry.
a random ass comment that emulates your weird ass personality.

You suck.
really.

KBlack25

Starter
Your first paragraph makes no sense since USA pitching has been exposed throughout the tournament. This is very the same USA that got "raped" in a 11-0 mercy knockout?

They had a chance...they had THE lead with 2 outs left..USA needed a miracle comeback to win....did your stupid ass even watch the game or you just love to make ignorant ass post?

How can you even make a rape comment when:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_rap_percap-crime-rapes-per-capita

USA is ranked 9th...

Damn, your a clown.

Your post literally consist of

a weak illogical ignorant statement.
a repeated bitch cry.
a random ass comment that emulates your weird ass personality.

You suck.
really.

Oh you feeble minded moron. All the Puerto Rican people who raped women at their pride parade happened in the USA, which means they count for the USA statistics. All Puerto Rican people who rape women in this country count for this country's statistics. Don't you get that? Just because USA has a high rate of rape doesn't mean USA Nationals are the ones committing rapes, where are the reports for minorities (Puerto Ricans) committing rapes? Puerto Ricans are the scum of NYC, raping their own women at their own pride parade.

In any case, aren't I supposed to be on your ignore list in a power move to get me off the site?

metrocard

Legend
You sound mad now...I notice when you get barbared with a bag of facts, you seem to frustrate yourself with no comeback at all...just a lot of text that literally says nothing in relevance to my facts.

The PR Parade case thing was like a decade ago, and it was reported those guys are non-PR's that were chased off the street by PR's...thats an old story...you must not go outside a lot or even be from NYC since thats the only sad thing documented in your mind about PR's.

There are Puerto Rican rapist...just like they are white rapist...and black rapist...bringing it up isn't even offensive because I can think clearly, you're obviously angry and upset(wanting to lash out on the ethnicity), since I'm so great as an indiviual and you see me such on a high status...its kinda lame you're taking shots at Ricans. Cowardly. But what else is there to expect from you?

From baseball to rape...you're just not good at discussing sports, you have the emotions of a rape victim, so I don't even know why you're going into this. Most likely you were molested(thats common amongst weirdos like you, always have a ****ed up trace in their history that causes them to act so bizzare).

BTW USA is majority white, so therefor they were be a higher density of white rapist in a superior number. Until you can statically prove that they is a high number of Puerto Rican rapist...then you actually have arguement, but now and once again, you're saying a whole lot of nothing with a sprinkle of no facts.

Your the scum of life...what have you ever accomplish besides being an ignorant depressed forum lurker who has no authetnic skill to apply in the real world so he sits on his computer and makes some really post that simplyfy your sad and lonely life.

Time to get a girlfriend boy, your nerved just be strucked...the sexual frustration doesn't help to clear your mind either when you post, which brings down the quality of your post 10 levels below than the shit level its already at.

You stay in your house all day...while I'm busting my ass @ work/school...defining my body, and buying gallons of liquor+keg to get this party on the jumpoff this saturday...then I come here and see a low life like you getting nothing out of his life except a highly awaited metrocard reply.

Go jerk yourself off to my post to death, maricon to the max punk.

KBlack25

Starter
Unfortunately for your "facts", in terms of police reports, Hispanics of all types are frequently listed as "white":

In fact, they no longer collected data on crimes committed by Hispanics/Latinos, because that had been determined to be an ethnic group, not a racial group. Hispanics/Latinos were now counted as whites. The other racial group classifications are black, Asian, and native American Indian. (I couldn't help thinking that people way up the law enforcement organizational chart must have decided they want that kind of information buried.) (http://www.infowars.com/articles/immigration/illegal_alien_crime_stats.htm)

More from that article "
Fortunately, a number of congressmen requested that the General Accountability Office (GAO) investigate and report information on criminal aliens incarcerated in federal and state prisons and local jails. The resulting GAO report, published in April 2005, revealed that illegal aliens make up 27% of the prison population. (The oft-cited figure of 12 million illegal aliens in the country means that they make up just 4% of the general population.)

Since illegal aliens are unlikely to be committing white-collar crimes, that figure likely underestimates the amount of violent crime committed by illegal aliens. Using the GAO report, Representative Steve King of Iowa points out that 25 Americans, on average, are killed by illegal aliens every day (about evenly split between motor vehicle accidents and outright murder)."

Now I don't know about you, but most whites are not illegal aliens, they are mostly Mexican, Puerto Rican and Cuban.

But here's a chart for you:

http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/05cius/data/table_02.html

If you look at said chart, you will see the amount of rape per 100,000 is highest in Metropolitan and Areas Just Outside Metropolitan areas. Now, it doesn't take a social scientist to realize who inhabits said areas, Hispanics, Blacks, Asians and some (but mostly not) whites. The Metropolitan Areas have 200 more violent crimes per 100,000 people than do Cities Outside of Metropolitan areas, and it doesn't take a social scientist to figure out that Hispanics, Blacks and other minorities are the majority in said Metropolitan areas.

The area that has the lowest amount of rapes per 100,000 are Nonmetropolitan Counties, predominantly WHITE areas.

Here are some more numbers for you: (http://englishfirst.org/puerto/puertofacts.htm)

United States Murder Rate (1996): 7.4 per 100,000.
New York City Murder Rate (1996): 12.0 per 100,000.
Puerto Rico Murder Rate (1996): 25.0 per 100,000.

Here's an article about rape in Puerto Rico, where women are less likely to report rape:
http://www.puertorico-herald.org/issues/2002/vol6n11/RapeVictims-en.html

In fact, the numbers from Puerto Rico are skewed because rape in marriage in Puerto Rico was NOT A CRIME until 1989!!!!!

Here's more facts:

While the greatest number of rapes/sexual assaults occurred among Whites, the rate of rapes/sexual assaults per 1000 persons was greater among Blacks and Hispanics (http://pages.swcp.com/nmcsap/statistics.html)

Also, the stats you provide, showing USA #9 in rape is also skewed. You see, Puerto Rico is a territory of the United States (like Guam). Therefore, the stats in Puerto Rico are INCLUDED in the USA stats. Showing that USA is #9 just shows Puerto Rico helped them get there.

Edit: In any case, aren't I supposed to be on your ignore list as a power move to get me off the site?

Last edited:

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
I'd bet the NCAA Tourney is killing the WBC in ratings... I know I stopped watching it because of hoops. In fact, I dont even know what stage of the tourney they are still in... I know USA is still in it... You guys still following it?