jerome james.out for the season.seriously.WTF?

JayJ44

Starter
They're probably gonna cut him next year when there's less money to buy out. IMO, it's wasted money anyway, might as well get a roster spot. Doesn't make sense to just waste a much needed roster spot.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Agreed, I know they don't want to pay a guy for nothing, but what has he ever done that is more than nothing anyhow. Perhaps it's like Marbury, they are afraid a contender will scoop him up hoping he can recover in time for a playoff push:beer:

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I heard that the same thing that happened to starbury happened to James. But in Burger King James' situation, he found out that the team was providing him with burgers that were fat free.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
he might not play again in the NBA, i read in an article on realgm, so we get out of his contract earlier then expected

and why hasn't Ewing Jr been brought back yet?!?

th3realicon

Rotation player
At this point any James related news (Jerome that is) should be ignored. What a waste of air that dude turned to be. Not only he is a horrible baller but also fragile as fvck. A buyout should be considered sooner than later. I see absolutely no market for him. What GM in his right state of mind would want to trade for him?

JayJ44

Starter
he might not play again in the NBA, i read in an article on realgm, so we get out of his contract earlier then expected

and why hasn't Ewing Jr been brought back yet?!?

We still don't have a roster spot. Walsh is waiting for the league to decide if Mobley's retirement can get us a DPE, which is an exception of 4.4 million to sign a player, or trade for a player of that salary or under.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
We still don't have a roster spot. Walsh is waiting for the league to decide if Mobley's retirement can get us a DPE, which is an exception of 4.4 million to sign a player, or trade for a player of that salary or under.

ooh iight i just want to see this dude on ur team, he could be a valuable piece off the bench for us now and in the future especially if we lose Nate, i like the dudes stlye/game

JayJ44

Starter
ooh iight i just want to see this dude on ur team, he could be a valuable piece off the bench for us now and in the future especially if we lose Nate, i like the dudes stlye/game

Yeah, definitely. I think he would be alot better than Jeffries. Their defense would probably be about the same, and Ewing can actually finish around the basket.

Paul1355

All Star
We now know he is officially gone

If anybody remembers there was an article out with Jerome James saying that if he plays a few minutes and "shows" people what he could do then he would happily buy out his contract...........and then I saw him play the next game for 3 minutes which shows that Donnie wants him gone quickly.

James will buy out his contract knowing that he can't play basketball anymore and an Achilles injury for a guy his size is hard to get out of.

He's done....maybe for his career...and his contract is most likely done with after this year.

This is good news for us.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
james gonna go to memphis next year, resurrect the franchise, and win most improved player of the year....or he cud keep on eatin burgers, somehow the 2nd choice seems more likely to happen

KnickfaninMA

Benchwarmer
What a waste!

Wow, I read an article on Yahoo that said James only played 10 minutes this season! In 2005 he signed a 5 year $30 million dollar contract. If the guy is getting paid that kind of money he should get into good shape so he doesn't get injured. WHAT A WASTE!

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
We all knew he's not going to help our team either now or in the future so the only bad news is that he's taking a spot on our roster. I wish he will retire next week and give us that roster spot back. Knicks will have to pay him anyway but this way Walsh can bring back Ewing jr or sign a SG. God knows we need more bodies.

tiger0330

Legend
Marbury, Steve Francis, Jalen Rose, Mo Taylor or whoever Jerome James to me was the worst deal made by Isiah "I will bring a championship to NY" Thomas. He probably made more money per game played than any player in NBA history.

New New York

Quiet Storm
_______√ictory_______;80514 said:
end this abomination all ready.cut this ghost yo.this shit is ridiculous.
he's played 89 games in 4 seasons. seriously, WTF?

He really played a total of 89 games! That is more than I wouldve ever thought!

dre48ny

Rotation player
The NYK should cut their losses and open up a roster spot. I' sure Jerome would appreciate this and just retire. Don't see any team giving him a miimum vet salary at all. He is not healthy.