Words Of Wisdom

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Knicks4lyfe, here's my question...

Is someone's destiny already known by GOD? (Does HE know what everyone is destined to become?)

Now, I have asked this question to many people. (people that are very religious, a priest, somewhat religious, etc.) And I have come to a conclusion, but I would like to hear another opinion on it.

Knicks4lyfe, here's my question...

Is someone's destiny already known by GOD? (Does HE know what everyone is destined to become?)

Now, I have asked this question to many people. (people that are very religious, a priest, somewhat religious, etc.) And I have come to a conclusion, but I would like to hear another opinion on it.

It depends on the person, and situation really. God has the ability of complete foresight. But the bible indicates that he either chooses to use that sparingly, or if he uses it often, he does not always disclose he does. For instance, concerning Lucifer, who had now just became Satan, the first prophecy says at Gen 3: 15

And I shall put enmity between you(Satan) and the woman(God's heavenly organization, or Kingdom) and between your seed and her seed(The seed of the woman being Jesus, or Messiah, God's chosen King of his Kingdom). He will bruise you in the head and you will bruise him in the heel.?

This prophecy was once known as the sacred secret to the Israelites. But once Jesus became the Messiah, it was all clear what it meant. Basically, the prophecy comes down to Satan Bruising Jesus in the heel. That happened when Satan was allowed to Kill Jesus unjustly, since he committed no error before God. It is viewed that way because God resurrected Jesus back to heavenly life to assume position as the promised seed of the Kingdom. Hence, it was like a bruise on the back of your foot, which is temporary. However, Satan's will be a death blow, since a serious head injury usually amounts to such. The Bible says that God's Kingdom will crush all Kingdoms on earth, which are under Satan's rule, and only it shall remain. And eventually, after the Kingdom's work has been done, Satan will be destroyed forever. That part has yet to happen. But the foregoing has.

That shows that God can Choose to see an outcome. He allowed Satan to test Job under tough circimstances, but the Bible does not say that God knew for sure whether Job would prove faithful to God, or disobey him. (Job1:6-12, 2:2-7) This is more of what we deal with regularly. Having our faith tested. Everyone goes through it, even Jesus, the perfect man (Luke 4:3-13)

Even though Jesus was promised seed, and God foresaw that he would bruise Satan in the head eventually, it was still on Jesus to live it out. That was even more pressure on him because God's vision saw that he would, but it did not show what he would have to go through to do so. If Satan would have thought that man has a destiny, he would have never even wasted his time tempting Jesus at all. Because as far as God was concerned, Satan was already dead in the vision. So the fact that Satan attacked Jesus so viciously, shows that even he knows that there is no such thing as a destiny in the sense that God dooms certain individuals before they have a chance to prove worthy. Jesus Could have failed!

Here's another example concerning you and I. Staring us both right in the face. Now keep in mind the example of Job, and how Satan struck him with many maladies, to take his faith away from God. That should tell you what his goal is for all men, if he did it to Job. Jesus told his disciples that there are two gates concerning life or death. A broad and spacious, leading off into destruction and many are finding it, and a narrow and cramped gate, leading off into life, few are finding it (math 7:13, 14).

In Mathew 24:21 Jesus says: for then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world?s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again. 22 In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.

The chosen flesh here, are the ones who have chosen the narrow gate. Why only those who choose the narrow gate? Because it's not easy to serve God in Satan's world. Look at Job and Jesus as examples. Satan does not play fair lol. So Jesus was right when he said the gate to life will be narrow and cramped, because it will be a lot easier to do Satans will, than God's. Hence, broad and spacious is the road to destruction. If you have a choice, then the destiny is in your hands.

Which is why Revelation 7 says this:
9 After these things I saw, and, look! a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes; and there were palm branches in their hands. 10 And they keep on crying with a loud voice, saying: ?Salvation [we owe] to our God, who is seated on the throne, and to the Lamb.?
Rev 7:14 tells us who these people are, and why they cry out in such a way. ?These are the ones that come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

So that Great Tribulation Jesus was speaking of? The part where he said it had to be cut short for the sake of the chosen ones? That great crowd of people, all nations (nationalities) and tongues, refers to them. Notice how it says Great crowd instead of say, 7 million, or a definite # of people. This indicates that it is up to the individual to choose whether they will be part of the ones who are chosen by God (narrow gate) or condemned by God (broad and spacious)

So that indicates that really, the destiny part is ours to choose. God wants all to be saved. If that is true, then him choosing our destiny for us means he contradicts himself.

Hope that helps.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Exactly what my conclusion was, that people make their own destiny. But when I was younger I did think that GOD knew all our futures because of Him being the all-powerful and all-knowing.

So this is what I understood from your post:

- GOD wants us all to be saved and do good in this world.

- It is easier to do evil than to do good. You gave examples of the two gates: spacious=evil and cramped=good.

The spacious is easier to get into because it doesn't take much effort to enter, just like doing bad and negative things in life. And the cramped is harder to get into because it takes much effort, just like doing positive things.

-and on the whole destiny subject, GOD gives you that opportunity to go from doing negative things in life, to changing your demeanor and become a more positive person so that you can be saved. Kind of like a father figure who wants his children to learn from their mistakes.

So, every person is given the same opportunity to enter heaven, but it is up to the individual to chose the right direction and ultimately choose his/her own destiny.

Knicks4lyfe, thanks for the time and effort you put into your post. I'm hoping that many people that read these posts can learn something new so that they can better themselves.

Exactly what my conclusion was, that people make their own destiny. But when I was younger I did think that GOD knew all our futures because of Him being the all-powerful and all-knowing.

- It is easier to do evil than to do good. You gave examples of the two gates: spacious=evil and cramped=good.

The spacious is easier to get into because it doesn't take much effort to enter, just like doing bad and negative things in life. And the cramped is harder to get into because it takes much effort, just like doing positive things.

-and on the whole destiny subject, GOD gives you that opportunity to go from doing negative things in life, to changing your demeanor and become a more positive person so that you can be saved. Kind of like a father figure who wants his children to learn from their mistakes.

So, every person is given the same opportunity to enter heaven, but it is up to the individual to chose the right direction and ultimately choose his/her own destiny.

Knicks4lyfe, thanks for the time and effort you put into your post. I'm hoping that many people that read these posts can learn something new so that they can better themselves.

Exactly. God can know exactly what we will do at any given time, but it does not mean he chooses to do so.

And you're pretty spot on, except the everyone going to heaven part. The bible explains that only a select amount of people will actually live as humans first, and then go to heaven and rule with Jesus. The others, those who survive the great tribulation, and those resurrected to life after, will all live as humans.

If you like, I can show you the verses to explain this, either here, or privately through email or something.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Exactly. God can know exactly what we will do at any given time, but it does not mean he chooses to do so.

And you're pretty spot on, except the everyone going to heaven part. The bible explains that only a select amount of people will actually live as humans first, and then go to heaven and rule with Jesus. The others, those who survive the great tribulation, and those resurrected to life after, will all live as humans.

If you like, I can show you the verses to explain this, either here, or privately through email or something.

That won't be necessary. Thanks, though.

We have an audience in K.O. that hopefully is taking in the knowledge that everyone provides. Whatever race, religion, age you may be, we can all learn from each other.

Knicks4lyfe, I do have one more topic that you and everyone on the board can contribute to.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Just lemme know.

OK, HERE IT GOES...

I want everyone's opinion on this because there are many views that people can bring. Everyone's opinions are welcomed. Look at this topic as something that can motivate you to become greater.

A small percentage of people reach goals that are hard to fathom. But what about the rest? Why do people settle with what they got and not try to push it to the limit? Why live a mediocre life? When you can do so much in this world, yet people stop once they get to middle-class level? And I'm not just talking about helping oneself. I'm talking about helping others as well. Why not make that extra buck to help out that kid dying from cancer? Or that family who lost their home in that hurricane? Or what about children in third world countries who don't have shit?

LJ4ptplay

Starter

Don't fall for it SLY. I urge you to study the world and the universe. The more knowledge you gain of the major sciences (astronomy, genetics, biology, physics and archeology) the more you realize there is no God. Or atleast one that listens to your thoughts and cares how you live your life.

I am not the devil, nor am I influenced by the devil. I am a good person without God. There is not a massive worldwide conspiracy of scientists trying to make religion look false. The invisible evil angel did not trick scientists and make them misunderstand the mountains of data that contradict religion. The data speaks for itself.

Educate yourself. Plain and simple.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Don't fall for it SLY. I urge you to study the world and the universe. The more knowledge you gain of the major sciences (astronomy, genetics, biology, physics and archeology) the more you realize there is no God. Or atleast one that listens to your thoughts and cares how you live your life.

I am not the devil, nor am I influenced by the devil. I am a good person without God. There is not a massive worldwide conspiracy of scientists trying to make religion look false. The invisible evil angel did not trick scientists and make them misunderstand the mountains of data that contradict religion. The data speaks for itself.

Educate yourself. Plain and simple.

LJ, right now, my mentality is at a level where it can't be influenced by anyone. The only thing I seek is knowledge. Knowledge so that I can make my own conclusions on different topics. Wether I receive knowledge from a Jehovahs witness or an atheist from Colorado, it does not matter. I'm not trying to dissect every corner of lifes theories, just the ones that I find important. That make up who I am.

I do not want there to be a discussion about religion. But more of how each persons views can help answer the question that I posted before.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
OK, HERE IT GOES...

I want everyone's opinion on this because there are many views that people can bring. Everyone's opinions are welcomed. Look at this topic as something that can motivate you to become greater.

A small percentage of people reach goals that are hard to fathom. But what about the rest? Why do people settle with what they got and not try to push it to the limit? Why live a mediocre life? When you can do so much in this world, yet people stop once they get to middle-class level? And I'm not just talking about helping oneself. I'm talking about helping others as well. Why not make that extra buck to help out that kid dying from cancer? Or that family who lost their home in that hurricane? Or what about children in third world countries who don't have shit?

I respect your views as well, Lj4ptplay. So help me out with this question.

OK, HERE IT GOES...

By this, I suppose you mean strive to be rich, and make the most of out what this world offers, correct?

Well, for a Jehovah's witness, this world is a facade of the one to come. This is Satan's time of rule, which is why the world is so bad. Not saying that there is nothing to enjoy in this life, or to have the the means to help yourself and others is a bad thing, but a true Christian will strive to do God's will above all. Jesus said at mat 6:24

?No one can slave for two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will stick to the one and despise the other. YOU cannot slave for God and for Riches.

This was the famous Sermon on the Mount discourse he gave. He continued to go on and implore his disciples to stop being ANXIOUS over material things, and trust God to provide the things needed for you and your family.

Mat 6:31 So never be anxious and say, ?What are we to eat?? or, ?What are we to drink?? or, ?What are we to put on?? 32 For all these are the things the nations are eagerly pursuing. For YOUR heavenly Father knows YOU need all these things. 33 ?Keep on, then, seeking first the kingdom and his righteousness, and all these [other] things will be added to YOU.

So Jesus highlights the most important aspect of a true Christian life, which is to seek the Kingdom of God above all things. And you cannot seek riches, and God's kingdom. To be rich in Satan's world requires all your time. Once you get there, you wanna stay there. So therefore your life will revolve around money, which cannot add a cubit to your life span.

He also said Jehovah knows what we need, and will provide. Now does this mean that one that serves God does not have to work? Of course not. Bible says if a man does not provide for his family, he is worse than a man without faith! But there is a difference between providing for your family, and chasing riches. Jesus was the ultimate proof of such. Here, he was a perfect man, can you imagine what our intelligence level would be if we were perfect? Yet instead of being some world reknown super scientist, Jesus chose to be a carpenter. Why? So he can spend most of his time preaching the good news of God's Kingdom, which will save lives in a way money never can.

In the earlier part of mathew 6, Jesus said

19 ?Stop storing up for yourselves treasures upon the earth, where moth and rust consume, and where thieves break in and steal. 20Rather, store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
22 ?The lamp of the body is the eye. If, then, your eye is simple, your whole body will be bright;

All these are reasons to simply serve God, which would store up treasures where it matters. Remember, Jesus also said, what does it benefit a man to gain the whole world, but lose his soul?

So this is why a Jehovah's witness will live as simply as they can, because the preaching work is more important. Also, what we don't have in financial resources, we make up for in other ways. Jehovah's witnesses were one of the first on the scene after Katrina for instance. A lot of brothers and sisters left their home areas to go help rebuild for those who lost homes and such. Many other examples world wide like this. So because you live simple, does not mean you cannot help :)

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
No, I did not mean it that way. Let me explain. You see I want to make millions and I'm striving for that. But I don't want to make the millions for me. I want to be able to help as many people as I can with that money. At the moment I do not see others striving for that. Which means that by just making enough for themselves and their families, they are being selfish because they are not thinking about others (people outside their family). Now I know that people can help in small amounts, which is cool too, but why not strive for something greater? Or are they just caught up in their daily situations and not seeing what really matters in life?

No, I did not mean it that way. Let me explain. You see I want to make millions and I'm striving for that. But I don't want to make the millions for me. I want to be able to help as many people as I can with that money. At the moment I do not see others striving for that. Which means that by just making enough for themselves and their families, they are being selfish because they are not thinking about others (people outside their family). Now I know that people can help in small amounts, which is cool too, but why not strive for something greater? Or are they just caught up in their daily situations and not seeing what really matters in life?

Well for one, a person would have to believe that money is the help, be all, end all, so to speak.

There are many people with money, that help others with that money, still live miserable lives. Money just does not solve the deeper problems in the world. The world lacks basic love. That's the whole problem.

It also varies from person to person, what matters in life. What really does matter in life?

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Well for one, a person would have to believe that money is the help, be all, end all, so to speak.

There are many people with money, that help others with that money, still live miserable lives. Money just does not solve the deeper problems in the world. The world lacks basic love. That's the whole problem.

It also varies from person to person, what matters in life. What really does matter in life?

Ah, much better. Even though the quotes were ok, I do prefer hearing your ideas without them.

The whole money thing is just an example. I did not want to generalize it and say that everyone should make a lot of dough so that they can help others. What I was referring to is that many people out there do not care for others. They live their daily lives without considering that someone out there might need their help. And what happens is that they spend most of their time doing insignificant things (playing videogames, partying too much, hating on others, etc.). The reason I bring this up is because I use to do those things. But now everything is different. At the same time I'm not saying go out there and become a priest, but people should start taking a look at more important things in life. By thinking about others we can all make this a better place. Still do what makes you happy but don't let it consume most of your time. Be about something. Change the world.

Knicks4lyfe, I don't mean to lecture too much but the reason for the questions I asked you was so that we can enlighten others. So thanks for your contribution. If you have any other thoughts, by all means...

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
take what your given and use that to get what you want, another teacher told me that and it helped me alot,not only taught me to be grateful but to use the stuff around me to get to where i wanna be.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
another saying i go by....

Learn from Yesterday, Live for Today, Hope for Tomorrow.

that quote motivates me.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
those two are good motivators, datprince.

A situation that I just experienced helped me better understand this saying:

"Everything happens for a reason"

Even if your situation looks bad, you have to realize that it happened for a certain reason. The best thing to do is to take the positives from that experience. Don't look at the negatives.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back

Even if your situation looks bad, you have to realize that it happened for a certain reason. The best thing to do is to take the positives from that experience. Don't look at the negatives.

Word my dude!

StreetDreams21

I got Soul

Yep. i used to be against this. But if you really think about it, it totally makes sense. I think negativity has been a problem with many people in this world, cuz especially with things goin on in our world (recession) everyones not exactly hopeful about this future.

Lets all have hope, because when there is hope, absoultely anything is possible.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Yep. i used to be against this. But if you really think about it, it totally makes sense. I think negativity has been a problem with many people in this world, cuz especially with things goin on in our world (recession) everyones not exactly hopeful about this future.

Lets all have hope, because when there is hope, absoultely anything is possible.

Yea. I think the NY state of mind is to be pessimistic. I used to be like that back when I was living in NY. So you don't progress because of the negativity. Everybody hating on each other.

Right now, I hear everybody telling me "oh, the recession is gonna be bad for all of us" or "nows not a good time to spend money". But if you think like that you won't get far. Even with all this negative talk I'm still planning to open up a business (2011) and get into music production. You gotta stay in a positive mindset, you know? You can't let shit dictate your life.