A good word of advice that I got a while back was "go to college and get your degree, because that's something that no one can take away from you". Its something that stays with you for the rest of your life. A certain title. (Accountant, engineer, professor, doctor, etc).
This is certainly an interesting and profound thread.
About your second question SLY, I would suggest it is probably a combination of a few things.
The first would be laziness, or the fact that it is easier to reach a medium level goal and live relatively comfortably than to work and work at getting higher on the ladder.
The second would be circumstances, you may believe everyone can attain greatness, I have not given this subject a huge amount of thought myself. However we cannot help the circumstances in which we are born, brought up etc. Those circumstances can affect our outlook on life, and what we are able to achieve.
The third would be just not believing. There are many sad or depressed people in this world, who simply do not believe they can achieve anything important with their lives. For some this is short-term, for some much longer.
I am not particularly religious myself but I agree with Knicks4lyfe that it is a lack of love and understanding in our species which holds us humans back, and not monetary.
Thanks for your input on the matter, Smokes. I know that some may see themselves in one of the situations you talked about, and hopefully they realize this and change for the better.
People do have to understand that no matter what you're situation is, you have to envision yourself attaining the better things in life. Reaching those goals and dreams that you have for yourself. There really shouldn't be any excuses. As long as you can breathe and walk, you should be able to accomplish everything you want.
"Don't take your family for granted"
I say this because I'm not as close to all my fam as I would like to be. You should always appreciate everyone that is part of your family. You don't know when they won't be by your side. Wether its the youngest or the oldest member of your fam, try and get to know them better.
This kinda follows up on what sly said
Never miss out on a chance of telling someone you care about how much you love them and cherish them because you never know if this is the last time you will see them....
I found this. Kinda sappy, but I like it.
1. Love starts with a smile, grows with a kiss, and
ends with a tear.
2. Don't cry over anyone who won't cry over you.
3. If love isn't a game, why are there so many
4. Good friends are hard to find, harder to leave,
and impossible to forget.
5. You can only go as far as you push.
6. Actions speak louder than words.
7. The hardest thing to do is watch the one you love,
love somebody else.
8. Don't let the past hold you back; you're missing
the good stuff.
9. Life's short. If you don't look around once in a
while, you might miss it.
10. A best friend is like a four leaf clover: hard
to find and lucky to have.
11. If you think that the world means nothing, think
again. You might mean the world to someone else.
12. Best friends are the siblings God forgot to give us.
13. When it hurts to look back, and you're scared to look ahead,
you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.
14. True friendship never ends.
15. Friends are forever.
16. Good friends are like stars......You don't always
see them, but you know they are always there.
17. Don't frown. You never know who is falling in
love with your smile.
18. What do you do when the only person who can make
you stop crying is the person who made you cry?
19. Nobody is perfect until you fall in love with them.
20. Everything is okay in the end. If it's not okay,
then it's not the end.
21. Most people walk in and out of you life. But
only friends leave footprints in your heart.
Short, sweet, and to the point
1. Free your heart from hatred.
2. Free your mind from worries.
3. Live simply.
4. Give more.
5. Expect less.
"Give more, expect less", also hard to do. Everyone wants to come out on top. They expect to always receive, but they forget to give. You should always help others out, even if you gain nothing. You will be surprised how much you will receive in the future from your selflessness.
Another, someone probably already said.
"Good things come to those who wait"
If you're looking for words of wisdom. Get a fortune cookie
"In this world, there are two types of sex: intimate sex, and kinky sex. All men (and women) must try both before it don't work no mo!"
You only get out, what you put in.
"The Maccabi gym is incredible, if you have a chance, you should go" - Danilo Gallinari