Marbury drawing interest...in Europe

New New York

Quiet Storm
I dont know much about the Euroleague, but Josh Childress and Steph would be pretty successful in The NBA, I would have to think that would elevate this team to an elite level.

Look my veiw on Steph is anywhere but Boston and I'm cool! Orlando,MIA,LAL,San Antonio all would be cool to me, just not to Boston!

I hope this happens as well, were not going to use him, he's not going to come back to the garden and play, we lose his contract and free up a roster spot. Sounds like a win - win to me.

KnickfaninMA

Benchwarmer
Let Steph go to an elite team, even Boston

I would let Marbury go to any team in the Western Conference or the the top five teams in the East, since we aren't challenging those teams for a playoff spot. I wouldn't let Steph go to Miami, and I also wouldn't mind him going to Boston. If he goes to Europe, even better because he won't be able to hurt us.

perfect situation. Steph gets to play basketball knicks get rid of him and don't have to play against him. Just read that childress is out 6-8 weeks with a sports hernia and is back in the states at the moment for surgery. Replacement??

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
perfect situation. Steph gets to play basketball knicks get rid of him and don't have to play against him. Just read that childress is out 6-8 weeks with a sports hernia and is back in the states at the moment for surgery. Replacement??
Its a shame he isn't playing.. Get him out, get rid of him and let him play.. Europe or in the NBA, regardless of his situation with the knicks the man should be on the basketball court somewhere.

quiggle

Starter
how long would he play there for? the last time Marbury was in Greece didn't he leave with a Bronze medal?

New New York

Quiet Storm
I would let Marbury go to any team in the Western Conference or the the top five teams in the East, since we aren't challenging those teams for a playoff spot. I wouldn't let Steph go to Miami, and I also wouldn't mind him going to Boston. If he goes to Europe, even better because he won't be able to hurt us.

I hate Boston

metrocard

Legend
That would be great for the KNICKS!

albundygif.gif

bosforo65

Rookie
i think steph will find quite difficult to adapt to the european way of playing, especially in Greece. anyway, he'll be the ideal player for olympiakos, a team that in the latest decade has always been one of 4/5 top european team for budget and last success was in '97.

KBlack25

Starter
This situation works out well for all parties. The Knicks lose their headache problem child in Steph, opening up another roster spot. Steph gets to play basketball, though in Europe, and if he proves himself there he can "audition" in a sense for an NBA team. I don't know much about Olympiacos, but they'd get a PG that could produce and has something to prove.

Knixy

Benchwarmer
I rather have a gyro running a team than Stephon Marbury. What the heck is that Greek team thinking? Oh well, hopefully this happens. The less we have to see or hear from this loser, the better.

th3realicon

Rotation player
I doubt Steph would want to play in Greece. He has mentioned we would accept to play in the Armani team, but that would have been in his last very last years of his career. I am pretty sure going to Greece would be a dumb move, but than again Steph is known to do dumb move so would make perfect sense.

Starks

Starter
I love the NBA, but I rather play in Greece then here. Childress is treated like a god out there, and he's just an average player.

Marbury is very fortunate to have the life that he does. All the schooling in the world, and most of us will never have the life he has. 20 million to do nothing all season. Then get rewarded and get to live in Greece.

Not even Barak Obama himself would be able to have the lifestyle that Stephon has.

Oh well. Thats life.

Proud Warrior

Benchwarmer
There were real possibilities in the last summer for Steph to come and play for Armani Jeans Milano. But since Milano has changed the managership, they wanted to start from a new modest project.
I don't think that Steph will play for Olimpiakos for these two reasons:

1. after the Childress's injuri, Olimpiakos is not looking for a guard like Marbury but for a SF, they just have two great PGs: Greer and Papaloukas.
2. Steph is too expensive for an european team that just has two great PG