Jarred Jefferies intangibles Help knicks win says Dantoni

Toons

is the Bo$$
http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-spknix236009309jan23,0,1778794.story?track=rss

He doesn't fill out boxscores with gaudy numbers, and a look at his statlines could lead to a dismissive wave from some wondering what it is that Jared Jeffries brings to the Knicks.

Jeffries has cracked double digits in points only twice in his 20 games since returning from a fractured left fibula. But his job description has little to do with offense. His main task is taking care of the grunt work, focusing on the intangibles.

"I try to play winning basketball," Jeffries said after practice yesterday as the Knicks - who are owned by Cablevision, which also owns Newsday - prepared to host the Grizzlies tonight. "Whatever it is that can help our team win games right now, I want to try to do."

I like the attiude of JJ. Maybe what dantoni saw in him made renaldo expendable.

"I think that whenever I get my full explosion back," Jeffries said, "when I feel like I did before I broke my leg, I think that will really help me out a lot."

That means that we should expect to see more from JJ. I hope he gets his strength back we should expect to see a greater defensive intensity from JJ.

duhon
chandler
gallo
harrington
jefferies

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
we need more players like JJ players who do the little things that are instrumental to a teams victory. I just don't think he should start, but with lack of size he has to, and he's been doing a great job thus far.

JayJ44

Starter
I agree with D'antoni, he does help us win. But I wish he had some offensive game at all, even if he could just make a lay-up, that would be great. D'antoni is so good at judging talent, he knew Jeffries could help us, he knew how good Gallo could be.

We still have to trade him though. He's a role player that's paid way too much. Plus, if we trade him (and/or Curry:crossfingers:) we could afford to sign Lee/Nate and still get 2 stars in 2010.

th3realicon

Rotation player
Mikey D. is trying to fire Jeffries up so his trade value increases. hate as much as you like the man but he has a plan for the Knicks. :D