8th seed

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Definitely playoffs. Not only do our young players gain experience but it also is more enticing for free agents to come to a team that is on the rise.

dave2138

Rotation player
What would you rather prefer:

a) Knicks get the 8th seed and maybe 1% chance of beating the #1 seed in the playoffs - Get 15th pick in 2009 draft

b) Knicks finish 2nd worst in the East.
Washington, Minnesota, Golden State, Memphis, Clippers, Sacramento, Oklahoma worse than Knicks. - Get 8th pick in 2009 draft with 1% chance of a top 3 pick.

Because I have been up and down the past few weeks. When Milwaukee/New Jersey/Chicago lose am I supposed to be happy or sad?

JayJ44

Starter
I think the goal for every team is to make the playoffs and compete. Not to lose as much as you can, just for a high draft pick. If we don't make the playoffs, then the draft is a consolation prize. We have a pretty good shot, with Redd's injury, only the Nets really stand in our way. It would be great for the fans and the franchise to bring playoff basketball back to New York.

metrocard

Legend
Honestly.
This team could be a threat if they make the 8th seed.

Once Chandler gets it together, he's a legit 15 ppg
Gallinari becomes 100%, he can give you 15-19 ppg
Robinson is legit for 13-16 ppg
Lee 15-18 ppg
Duhon - 11-13 ppg
Harrington - 20 ppg
TT - 10 ppg

I mean, we have a good amount of offensive fire power to upset a team in the playoffs.

The future is already set.
We will be under the cap..and this year's draft isn't too hot in the mid round (we'll still draft a good player in the mid to late teens, same caliber of player as we would pick if didn't make the 8th seed.

Making the playoffs is a milestone.

Why have we forgotten about milestones all of a sudden?

I know we've gone through the Weatherspoon/Harrington frontcourt night mare or the Howard Eisley/Charlie Ward PG duo to when exciting Knick nights were was when Moochie Norris came off the bench @ Charlotte and scored some buckets in a meaningless game to the Isiah Era which doesn't need words itself.

We've been depleted of milestones.
We haven't accomplished anything since the termination of Isiah Thomas.
Making the 8th seed will finally give this franchise some respect.

Look at the Warriors, even though they're horrible now, when they popped in the 8th seed, everyone was on their side. Or reminisce back to 99'...surely we're not that caliber of a team, but it'll be fun itself hoping the Knicks make noise once again the playoffs.

Fans love underdogs.

Knicks could be that.
Knicks could bring the NBA back alive and increase ratings throughout the roof.
Especially with the style the play and how huge their fanbase is.
Especially with Gallinari now...who was a big player in the Euroleague; so you know a lot of Euro fanbase will be tuned in mostly.
The Knicks as an 8th seed team would save the NBA from those boring ass Spurs games that been forced down our throats the last decade.

The East really isn't a lock either. I have faith in a upset, not knowledge, logic or anything but faith from my orange and blue Bible.

I'm not even TOO hype about this team.
I wish they could make a couple of trades (that won't harm the cap) to make us more prepared and competitive for the playoffs.

Should we WAIT till 2010 to be a playoff team?
Or should we start work now, and build our away up to the top?

Signing contracts doesn't gurantee you wins, the hard work and experience on the hardwood does.

Plus, I'm sure you guys are sick of watching the playoffs force to root for a team that plays against a team you despise (Celtics, Lakers, Lebrons, etc).

8th seed.
Playoffs
Knicks.
Lets go.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks new managment & coach has made it perfectly clear through their actions that the Knicks will be a "LOTTERY Team" it does not matter how bad the other teams are playing in their conference.....the Knicks has manage to play under some of the worst teams in the league by fault of their own coaching and managment (6 or 7 man rotations).....there are only 7 teams playing with a .500 and above average out of the 15 teams in the Eastern Conference.

It is to early in the season (43 games) to watch your best team play for a Lottery pick....which the Knicks and a couple other teams in the league are doing now...

metrocard

Legend

95pw29.jpg

Kiyaman

Legend
I think the goal for every team is to make the playoffs and compete. Not to lose as much as you can, just for a high draft pick. If we don't make the playoffs, then the draft is a consolation prize. We have a pretty good shot, with Redd's injury, only the Nets really stand in our way. It would be great for the fans and the franchise to bring playoff basketball back to New York.

Having the highest salary cap in the league each season makes your team automatically a PLAYOFF team....the players are on the roster....now it is up to the coach and his staff to prepare them for the playoffs.

The Knicks were a Playoff team the last 4 years with all the young athletic players they had on their roster....the Knicks had bad coaching after bad coaching with one of the sorriest coaching-staff in the NBA which did not have any discipline in the Knicks coaching. Benching all the Knicks young players season after season for high price veteran players that dont like each other plus refuse to "JELL" together too.

The Knicks had the Players to make the previous season playoffs....but the players had no respect for the clueless headcoach and his clueless coaching staff that was clueless to notice the Knicks had a "TWO-UNIT" team with 11 to 12 players on the highest salary cap team in the league.

The Knicks should've put Marbury at the SG spot and had him come off the bench when Charlie Brown was the coach (3 seasons ago).
Marbury & Francis never should have started together.
The Knicks should have never let Zach Randolph be a starter over David Lee alongside of Eddie Curry when he first became a Knick.
The Preseason games showed to many weakness in the Zach & Curry tandem.....Zach was supposed to be Curry replacement off the bench for Knick depth.....It's call coaching discipline!!!

dre48ny

Rotation player
The 8th seed should be the ultimatum this season. I want to see playoff basketball, even if it affects our draft position. We need to let the league know that we are up and coming, have a coach that can turn things around, and lure in those big names. The experience is also a must for these guys. I can see how the last seed can be attained with 36-37 wins. We are half way there. Yeah we would probably face LeBron and at least he would be like man this could be my future team. Or perhaps we can face those damn Celtics and give en a scare. **** man, I just want some playoff BB!!

Toons

is the Bo$$
Having the highest salary cap in the league each season makes your team automatically a PLAYOFF team....the players are on the roster....now it is up to the coach and his staff to prepare them for the playoffs.

The Knicks were a Playoff team the last 4 years with all the young athletic players they had on their roster....the Knicks had bad coaching after bad coaching with one of the sorriest coaching-staff in the NBA which did not have any discipline in the Knicks coaching. Benching all the Knicks young players season after season for high price veteran players that dont like each other plus refuse to "JELL" together too.

The Knicks had the Players to make the previous season playoffs....but the players had no respect for the clueless headcoach and his clueless coaching staff that was clueless to notice the Knicks had a "TWO-UNIT" team with 11 to 12 players on the highest salary cap team in the league.

The Knicks should've put Marbury at the SG spot and had him come off the bench when Charlie Brown was the coach (3 seasons ago).
Marbury & Francis never should have started together.
The Knicks should have never let Zach Randolph be a starter over David Lee alongside of Eddie Curry when he first became a Knick.
The Preseason games showed to many weakness in the Zach & Curry tandem.....Zach was supposed to be Curry replacement off the bench for Knick depth.....It's call coaching discipline!!!

Kiyah, i fully understand your hate for isiah thomas, we all agree that he sux....but ur info is getting kinda repetitive and outdated. Ur inight is lost to mere conspiracy theory and wild guessing called "predictions". Isiah is gone, WAKE UP BROTHER, its over, you can turn your tv on again and watch a knick game without seeing his dumb "i dont kno, i dont care/im surprised we suck" look on his face. The marbury era is over, who cares what marbury should have played against "LARRY" Brown 3 years ago...Newsflash, Zach randolph is no ta knick anymore, and by the looks of it, curry wont be either for long. How the hell does a salary cap make u a good team? our numbers are the product of poor management and assessment of talent.

OUR AIM SHOULD BE TO WIN IT ALL. WHY PLAY IF YOU ARENT PLAYING TO WIN IT ALL? ITS BARELY ALL STAR BREAK AND WE HAVE 19 WINS....4 MORE WINS THAT WE HAD FOR EAN ENTIRE SEASON IN THOMAS'S ERA. LETS GO FOR THE 8TH SPOT AND UPSET BOSTON LIKE HOW GOLDEN STATE DID DALLAS

Knicks07

Benchwarmer
were just 2 wins away from getting the 8th spot(at least for now). I really hope we make it. I dont even care if we lose in the playoffs, as long as we make it its good

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Kiyah, i fully understand your hate for isiah thomas, we all agree that he sux....but ur info is getting kinda repetitive and outdated. Ur inight is lost to mere conspiracy theory and wild guessing called "predictions". Isiah is gone, WAKE UP BROTHER, its over, you can turn your tv on again and watch a knick game without seeing his dumb "i dont kno, i dont care/im surprised we suck" look on his face. The marbury era is over, who cares what marbury should have played against "LARRY" Brown 3 years ago...Newsflash, Zach randolph is no ta knick anymore, and by the looks of it, curry wont be either for long. How the hell does a salary cap make u a good team? our numbers are the product of poor management and assessment of talent.

OUR AIM SHOULD BE TO WIN IT ALL. WHY PLAY IF YOU ARENT PLAYING TO WIN IT ALL? ITS BARELY ALL STAR BREAK AND WE HAVE 19 WINS....4 MORE WINS THAT WE HAD FOR EAN ENTIRE SEASON IN THOMAS'S ERA. LETS GO FOR THE 8TH SPOT AND UPSET BOSTON LIKE HOW GOLDEN STATE DID DALLAS

"like golden state did dallas....."

or maybe a repeat 1999......:crossfingers:

Torp

Benchwarmer
Yo, 8th seed is completely possible this season. Did you see all those losses from the other wild card teams yesterday in the east? Now M Redd is gone, Bucks will not be as effective.

I think we can do it... Honestly, out of ALL the lower tier teams, the Knicks would probably have the best chance at making the first round of the playoffs vs the #1 seed an interesting matchup, b/c we usually play better against stronger teams.