should the Knicks trade for STAT now?

JayJ44

Starter
I highly doubt that the Suns management would trade Amare back to Mike D'antoni. If they did, we would probably have to give back a lot (Lee, Gallo, Chandler, draft picks). I'm not sure if it's worth it, when we can sign him, Bosh, or another high quality free agent in 2010. But if I was Donnie Walsh, I would definitely give the Suns a call to see how much they would want in return.

smokes

Huge Member
Honestly I would do this trade in a second if we didn't have to give up Lee... Amare brings a bit more athleticism and maybe a few more PPG but we lose out on rebounding. It's almost a trade off of skillsets, kindof pointless IMO.

Something like

Nate
Gallo
Steph

for

Amare
Barbosa

or

Amare
Jrich (after feb 10)

Would be really good for us imo, we reduce our buildup of small forwards, get something in return for Nate, get a proper SG and get a big man to play alongside Lee... Phoenix get their young forward, expiring etc :crossfingers:

*Dreams of Knicks actually improving with a trade sometime this year*

smokes

Huge Member
what about keeping Lee and offering Chandler?

I would rather keep both personally.

I know a lot of people here seem to think Chandler isn't cutting it, I think he's pretty good, for his experience/age. His jumper is not bad (it's not good either but still), he can run and run and run, and he can throw it down which is always nice for pumping up the crowd and giving some excitement.

IMO he will develop into a solid roleplayer/starter to compliment some big names we could get in the next few years.

Imagine a lineup of

Duhon
Wade/Joe Johnson
Chandler
Lee
Amare/Bosh

or something similar if we are looking at a 2010 lineup. Young, well-rounded, good defense, VERY good offense, and still room for some solid roleplayers.

clumsy

Rotation player
Smokes we would have TERRIBLE interior D with Amare and Lee. But the thng is they would make up for it by scoring a bunch.

richtree

Rotation player
Personally I think Chandler is looking more and more like the odd man out...

Its Obvious that we are going to look to get a Legit big man either in trade or in the free agent class of 2010

Dannio is cheap , pretty good, young, a crowd favorite, and most importantly Mikey's guy.

If we keep Lee I think Chandler will have to go.

Also, the Suns like defensive minded players that can knock down the jumper, IE Chandler.

I think if we send Chandler, Nate, Pick for Amare and Barbosa that would be fine with me.

I didni't check out the numbers but just in theory this is probably what would happen.

Amare fits well in this system and is one of the best talents in the league.

duhon
Wade
Dannio
Amare
Lee

Mikey will keep

Toons

is the Bo$$
Bosh takes too many jumpshots. We need an inside presence. Bosh doesn't block, his defense is weak, offensively, he's not that DYNAMIC.

Bosh is overrated.
Amare isn't really all that either...but he's better than most, I would take him over BOSH because Amare can do it effectively IN THE PAINT...plus he has a jumpshot too.

I really like Greg MONROE...but I doubt we can get him.

Chris Bosh

Takes too many jumpshots....yet shoots 50% from the field.
Bosh doesn't block.... But averages a block per game
His defense is weak....But he steals, he is quick, he is long and aggressive defensively
He is not offensively dynamic....but is #1 in the nba in free throws made
Olympian, Leader, Class Act, Intelligent.....
Overrated? I think not

Toons

is the Bo$$
Personally I think Chandler is looking more and more like the odd man out...

Its Obvious that we are going to look to get a Legit big man either in trade or in the free agent class of 2010

Dannio is cheap , pretty good, young, a crowd favorite, and most importantly Mikey's guy.

If we keep Lee I think Chandler will have to go.

Also, the Suns like defensive minded players that can knock down the jumper, IE Chandler.

I think if we send Chandler, Nate, Pick for Amare and Barbosa that would be fine with me.

I didni't check out the numbers but just in theory this is probably what would happen.

Amare fits well in this system and is one of the best talents in the league.

duhon
Wade
Dannio
Amare
Lee

Mikey will keep

chandler, nate and a pick is not enough to get amare.
those young guys havent even signed an extension yet
malik rose makes more than all of them combined including lee
NO MORE DRAFT PICK TRADES PLZ, unless we straight raping someone

portega1968

El Cacique
^^^^^
What did that mean?

I'm all for it, but to be honest if Kerr did this deal I would make sure he hasn't been hangin' with Mr. Phelps if you know what I mean :smokin::smokin:

Amare could offer to waive the trade kicker if the Suns send him to where he wants to go instead of somewhere he doesn't like. But this is just speculation on my part. What the Suns get in return is the real driving factor here.

Some of the criticism you guys are sending STAT's way is probably justified, but fact is, this guy has the potential of leading the league in scoring just like he was back before he injured his knees like two-plus years ago. He was terrorizing the league then with 40point outbursts and just unstoppable.

I didnt think he would come back all that good after those injuries at such a young age, but he has returned and just needs DAntoni offense again to blow up. Bosh does have more defense, but STAT is way better and more explosive on offense.

IMO, you take Wade or Lebron... and you pair up either one with Bosh or Amare... to me, the one who has Amare on his team is a better duo.

metrocard

Legend
Chris Bosh

Takes too many jumpshots....yet shoots 50% from the field.
Bosh doesn't block.... But averages a block per game
His defense is weak....But he steals, he is quick, he is long and aggressive defensively
He is not offensively dynamic....but is #1 in the nba in free throws made
Olympian, Leader, Class Act, Intelligent.....
Overrated? I think not

Bosh is a career 48% FG shooter...stop inflating STATS.

Bosh is shooting 49% not 50%.
Bosh is averaging .9 blk per game not 1 block per game. Keep in mind he's playing 38 minutes per game.
Steals doesn't equate a great man to man defender, Bosh is poor.
Leader? What has Chris Bosh ever lead? You're sucking this dude more than Crawford.
I guess you have a thing for thin skinny black dudes.
Intelligent? LMAO...Class Act? You're mad random, you might as well call him a sexy beast.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Bosh is a career 48% FG shooter...stop inflating STATS.

Bosh is shooting 49% not 50%.
Bosh is averaging .9 blk per game not 1 block per game. Keep in mind he's playing 38 minutes per game.
Steals doesn't equate a great man to man defender, Bosh is poor.
Leader? What has Chris Bosh ever lead? You're sucking this dude more than Crawford.
I guess you have a thing for thin skinny black dudes.
Intelligent? LMAO...Class Act? You're mad random, you might as well call him a sexy beast.

oooooh, lmao
im listing stats out my head, and ur going on nba.com
ok, so im off by 1 percent, and a tenth of a percent respectively.
none of your minor corrections discredit my post, or my fair assessment of bosh.
he is neither overrated, or underrated....he is who he is. A great player.
By saying bosh is poor, and isnt a good defender just discredits your entire point in this thread.
he has led his team in scoring, and rebounding. He has played well in the Olympics and is being more vocal on the court.
He is intelligent because he does not turn over the rock a lot, he makes crisp passes out of a double team, when his shot does not fall, he goes and attacks the hoop, he makes defensive adjustments.
He is a class act because he handles the media well, recent newspapers have commended him on the way he handled the situation where it was alleged that bosh "said" he is leaving after his contract is up. He professionally cleared the air, and focussed on winning again.
why do your insults contain so much homosexual references and innuendos? are u in the closet or something?
if u watched the NBA instead of just the knicks, u may reconsider your thoughts on my comments being random.

lol the sexy beast comment was funny lol....but nah, bosh aint cute at all

richtree

Rotation player
people forget that Bosh plays more minutes than most of the big men in the league....

and since he has been helping his team to victories he has gotten a lot of stats in games that don't matter

Funny how if this "player was Marbury you would be ripping him"
because of his good stats, low win %, overpaid

look at his game by game log ., he always puts up big stats against bad teams.,

but good teams hold him to a non-factor in the game

often a 15 and 7 guy in big games...

we already have 2 standup shooters....harrington and Gallinari / maybe 3 if Chandler doesn't develop we need a bruiser in the middle amare/boozer type

____I♥NY____

Benchwarmer
Perhaps signaling a willingness to dismantle their roster, the Phoenix Suns have begun exchanging trade proposals with teams for All-Star forward Amare Stoudemire, league executives told Yahoo! Sports on Thursday.
With dysfunction and dissension reigning within the Suns, rival front-office executives believe general manager Steve Kerr is determined to move Stoudemire and others before the Feb. 19 trade deadline.
While Stoudemire, 26, is the Suns? most valuable asset, sources say Kerr has told teams that he?s willing to trade anyone on his roster except for point guard Steve Nash.

?Everyone is on the table but Nash,? one executive said.
Phoenix owner Robert Sarver has been more reluctant to part with Stoudemire and still hasn?t yet given his blessing to act on a Stoudemire proposal. Nevertheless, most believe that Sarver will inevitably do so.
While there will likely be some interest in a rejuvenated Shaquille O?Neal, it is Stoudemire, the enigmatic 6-foot-10, 250-pound forward, whom most NBA teams have an interest in acquiring.
If Kerr and assistant GM David Griffin do trade Stoudemire, a four-time All-Star, they want a combination of expiring contracts, a talented young player ? preferably a forward ? and draft picks. Stoudemire is expected to opt out of his contract for the historic free-agent summer of 2010. He makes $15 million this season and $16.3 million next season. His relationship with Suns management has steadily deteriorated and few expect that either side is interested in a contract extension.
Phoenix made the biggest move of the trade deadline a year ago, trading Shawn Marion for Shaquille O?Neal in a deal that the Suns believed could help them overtake the San Antonio Spurs and Los Angeles Lakers in the Western Conference. Yet, the Suns lost to the Spurs in the first round of the playoffs, which turned into a prelude to an acrimonious exit with coach Mike D?Antoni.
This season, Phoenix has struggled to a 26-21 record, which leaves them tied for the final playoff spot in the Western Conference. The Suns were blown out Wednesday night in Golden State, 124-112.
With O?Neal clogging the middle, Stoudemire has expressed frustration with a diminished offensive role. Stoudemire still flusters his GM and coach because of an unwillingness to commit to anything but scoring. Stoudemire?s scoring and rebounding averages have dropped this season, and he recently told Yahoo! Sports that he was struggling with an offense that features fewer pick-and-rolls for him, fewer touches in the low post.
?It is harder,? Stoudemire said. ?When you?re in the flow, everything flows. When you?re not, sometimes it?s hard to get involved.?
After the loss to Golden State, Stoudemire told reporters, ?To keep losing these games the way we are, it?s not fun. I?m not used to it. It?s almost against my religion.?
Sources believe the Suns are more apt to shop Stoudemire to the Eastern Conference, where Toronto and New York are natural possibilities. Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo drafted Stoudemire for the Suns, and Knicks coach Mike D?Antoni helped turn him into an All-Star. Still, the acrimonious nature of Colangelo?s and D?Antoni?s departures could lessen Phoenix management?s willingness to deal with them.
Nevertheless, Phoenix promises once more to be at the center of the league?s biggest trade talks leading up to the deadline.
FROM YAHOO SPORTS WRITER ADRIAN W.

This is interesting I think it will be a move that will change NY to the good or the bad...

Axe

Rookie
Stoudemire has always been at the top of my 2010 wish list. Add Lebron or Wade and we got ourselves a contender. I'm curious to see how this turns out.

Paul1355

All Star
forget about signing him in 2010 and try to get him now since him and the Suns look like they're going in opposite directions?

"Amar’e Stoudemire seems to be sun burned. He’s had to accept a complete change in style of play because of Shaquille O’Neal, and because of the system Terry Porter wants to run in order to placate Shaq’s abilities.

Simply put, the Suns want to run their offense through somebody who’s going to retire in two years.

Can you understand why Amar’e would have a beef?

Fast forward to January 09, with former Suns coach Mike D’Antoni now coaching the Knicks. Chris Duhon and David Lee working beautifully in the pick and roll. A position Stoudemire remembers as being on the receiving of
Steve Nash passes.

Amar’e had his own synergy with one of the best passers of this generation, but then had to accept a bogged down offense with the arrival of Shaquille O’Neal. A player who sits on the second half of back-to-backs, making it increasingly difficult to develop a good re pour.

STAT would have this to say about the Suns new style of play..

""I’m not sure we have the confidence that we used to have, knowing that teams are afraid of us," Stoudemire said. "I don’t think that confidence is there anymore."

Such a vote of confidence for his team right?

Well what if the problems go both ways? Who says the Suns are so elated with STAT?

Terry Porter slowed down the offense in an effort to help give up less easy baskets. But it doesn’t help if one of your core players isn’t buying into the defensive philosophy. Especially if the name "Stoudemire" is on the back of the jersey, somebody who has the gift of athleticism and size.

All this being said, the Suns organization is none too pleased.

Could Steve Kerr be planning a Stoudemire exile? Trading the 26- year-old freak of nature with the aspirations of building around two players both in their mid-to-late thirties.

If a deal came along for the right young player, along with picks and cap flexibility, then who knows. Stoudemire could be out of Phoenix before the trade deadline.

When it comes down to it, Amar’e has a amazing skill set for a player his size. Phoenix may be thinking of a breakup, but other teams around the league would kill for Amar’e Stoudemire."

Something that is also VERY important is that Stephen A Smith said a few days ago about Amare, that he really wants to be a Knick.

Amare back with his old coach and getting passes from Duhon would finally give us a go-to man on offense.

Odds are that if we can get Amare, this is when Lee has to go...The Suns are giving up a PF and need a PF back and Lee would be a great fit for anyone so it won't suprise me if Lee gets traded with another player or pick for Amare.

Possible lineup after trade

Duhon
Chandler
QRich
Harrington
Amare

I dont like QRich in there but Mike D loves the guy for some reason.

Harrington and Amare would be a great scoring front court.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
I think what we needed was Gasol, as I've said in the past, back when he was on the market and Isiah said that Curry was untouchable. Now, we lost two games that could have been won, had we had a strong inside presence, not to mention two seasons where, in my opinion, had we had Gasol, we would have been contenders.

Even if we had just drafted Brook Lopez, we would have at least won one of these games. Bottom line is that we need an old school, tough, long big man, who can rebound and intimidate. I don't know enough about Amare's game to say whether he would be that. I do know, however, that David Lee and Harrington, as good as they are, are not capable of providing this, as evidenced by the past few games.

Anyway, if we're going to compete for the eighth or seventh seed, and then give ourselves a chance to win a game or two in the playoffs, we better try to make a move for a big man, fast! This is not 1999, as some guy stated in his thread, we do not have Patrick Ewing waiting in the wings, and we do not have superstars, like Sprewell and Houston on our roster.

Red

TYPE-A
I think what we needed was Gasol, as I've said in the past, back when he was on the market and Isiah said that Curry was untouchable. Now, we lost two games that could have been won, had we had a strong inside presence, not to mention two seasons where, in my opinion, had we had Gasol, we would have been contenders.

Even if we had just drafted Brook Lopez, we would have at least won one of these games. Bottom line is that we need an old school, tough, long big man, who can rebound and intimidate. I don't know enough about Amare's game to say whether he would be that. I do know, however, that David Lee and Harrington, as good as they are, are not capable of providing this, as evidenced by the past few games.

Anyway, if we're going to compete for the eighth or seventh seed, and then give ourselves a chance to win a game or two in the playoffs, we better try to make a move for a big man, fast! This is not 1999, as some guy stated in his thread, we do not have Patrick Ewing waiting in the wings, and we do not have superstars, like Sprewell and Houston on our roster.

Co-Sign.

As evidenced by the past few years!

Red

TYPE-A
"In one of the most successful jumps from high school to the NBA, Amar? Stoudemire stunned many by capturing the 2002-03 'got milk?' NBA Rookie of the Year award at just 20 years old, and he's just gone up from there. The ninth overall pick in the 2002 NBA Draft, he helped rejuvenate a Suns team expected to finish near the bottom of the Western Conference standings... Stoudemire's rugged inside play was a major factor in the Suns' successful drive to make the 2003 postseason... The 6-10, 245-pound power forward, who has his nickname "STAT" (Standing Tall and Talented) tattooed on his right arm, is an enormous physical talent, who is often compared to a young Shawn Kemp, Karl Malone or Moses Malone. Stoudemire's brute force and amazing quickness for someone his size makes him extremely difficult to defend in the low post and a shot-blocking threat on the defensive end? Despite never having played organized basketball before the age of 14 and attending six different high schools before finishing his prep career at Cypress Creek High in Orlando, Fla., he has persevered to become a future NBA star... Even Stoudemire's childhood idol growing up, center Shaquille O'Neal, was awestruck with the kid's immense potential, "I've seen the future of the NBA and his name is Amar? Stoudemire."

2007-08:
In his fifth NBA season, averaged 25.2 ppg, 9.1 rpg, 2.1 bpg, 59% FG, 81% FT in 33.9 mpg in 79 games? Only NBA player in the top 10 in scoring FG% and blocks? Shot the highest FG% and averaged the most blocks in Suns history since Oliver Miller (1993-94)? Made a career-high 36 consecutive free throws? Scored at least 15 points in a franchise-record and career-high 69 consecutive games? Joined Yao Ming and Dwight Howard as the only three players in the NBA to average at least 20 points, nine rebounds and two blocks? Recorded back-to-back 30-point, 10-rebound games four times? Named NBA Western Conference Player of the Week twice? Named to his third career NBA All-Star team? Named to All-NBA Second Team? In 2008 NBA Playoffs, averaged 23.2 ppg, nine boards and 2.4 bpg in 40.8 mpg? Scored 20 or more points in a club-record 17 consecutive playoff games, dating back to May 2005."

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/amare_stoudemire/bio.html

Red

TYPE-A
"If Kerr and assistant GM David Griffin do trade Stoudemire, a four-time All-Star, they want a combination of expiring contracts, a talented young player ? preferably a forward ? and draft picks. Stoudemire is expected to opt out of his contract for the historic free-agent summer of 2010. He makes $15 million this season and $16.3 million next season"

Chandler, Lee, Our 1st, Curry? Does that work?

"If Kerr and assistant GM David Griffin do trade Stoudemire, a four-time All-Star, they want a combination of expiring contracts, a talented young player – preferably a forward – and draft picks. Stoudemire is expected to opt out of his contract for the historic free-agent summer of 2010. He makes $15 million this season and $16.3 million next season"

Chandler, Lee, Our 1st, Curry? Does that work?

i think if phoenix wants to deal with nyk,
he's gonna want something like,
lee, our first round pick this year, and rose.
no one is touching curry.not even his driver.
i would not do that trade.
we can't get to overzealous about amare,
considering his previous injury.
weren't we in this same predicament with mcdyess?
i don't wanna go down that road again.
i'd offer them Harrington, rose, and our 2011 first pick.
(I'm not sure if offering that 2011 pick is possible though)

they can take that or leave it.
chances are we have a shot at him come 2010.

we need to understand that we've got decent chips that some teams might want.
lee, nate, etc.

i wonder if chicago would take lee,curry, and jeffries for noah and hughes though?

Last edited: