CARMELO PULLS A PIPPEN & REFUSES 2 PLAY

kriss childs

Benchwarmer
The story is Carmelo refuses to check in the game ala pippen after being questioned about a play he called for himself.Thats an immature way of handling things in my book.Now LeBron is in the driverseat for rookie of the year!!

Only The Knicks

Benchwarmer
Reece Gaines? First year? It's not like his career is a total failure yet. Carmelo has been playing well for a while and all of a sudden, there's this idiot thing that he did. :|

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
Hope Carmelo can get pass that. He is still a rookie so we can excuse him as long as he matures and learns from his mistakes.

AJD

Benchwarmer
Only The Knicks said:
Reece Gaines? First year? It's not like his career is a total failure yet. Carmelo has been playing well for a while and all of a sudden, there's this idiot thing that he did. :|
He is LITERALLY the 12th man for the Magic..his career is over.....when his contract with Orlando is up He is not expected to be signed again by anyother team. I got such information from a past ESPN insider article.

AJD

Benchwarmer
Only The Knicks said:
You can say that although it makes you wonder why the heck Melo would ever do that?? Crazy world. Cockeyed.
Most rookie hit the "rookie wall" - this is a term describing the point in one's first season in a professional sport where he is taking a toll physicaly. Carmelo is too physically capable to hit this "wall" In it's place appears a rookie wall of mentality. He is getting mentally blocked out and he does things he wouldn't normallly do. Kinda like LeBron with the Slam-Dunk contest and Last year, Yao Ming when he had a 8 game stint in which he produced poor numbers that can't touch the standard he has currently set for himself.Yao paid the prce as he surrendered the Rookie of The Year award to Amare...

Only The Knicks

Benchwarmer
Obviously, you didn't read exactly what I wrote... nowhere did I say he hit a wall... I specifically said he made a rookie mistake, like all other rookies, but his was a little more idiotic and severe. I merely pointed out that he wasn't himself that day. Next time, read carefully.

AJD

Benchwarmer
Only The Knicks said:
Obviously, you didn't read exactly what I wrote... nowhere did I say he hit a wall... I specifically said he made a rookie mistake, like all other rookies, but his was a little more idiotic and severe. I merely pointed out that he wasn't himself that day. Next time, read carefully.
Sorry pal but He DID hit a wall. Walls are something that players cannot control. He CHOSE to sit out....maybe YOU should read more carefully and examine the facts.....Learn something: Mistakes are in a way accidents....He didn't sit out by "accident"

aswitzer

Rookie
I can't believe we're still talking about this.

Yes, Melo made a mistake. He admitted it the next day and apologized to his team. He even talked to Jordan about it for advice.

He's a 19 year old rookie people and it was a regular season game. Pippen pulled his stunt in the playoffs when he was 28 and had been in the league for 7 years. I don't think that's a fair comparison.

Melo is back to leading the Nuggs on a playoff charge... so let's move on. Oh yeah, and he scored a career high 41 in their victory tonight. :)

Unfortunately, I do agree that this event probably cost Melo the ROY race after the media blew it out of proportion...

kriss childs

Benchwarmer
I'm sure a few STAR ROOKIES have made mistakes at some level in the past,but its how the public and the media percieve it to be is how ANTHONY will do.(they killed spreewell for years)Everyone loves the 2 rookies,so MELO will be fine.

Only The Knicks

Benchwarmer
aswitzer said:

Yes, Melo made a mistake. He admitted it the next day and apologized to his team. He even talked to Jordan about it for advice.

He's a 19 year old rookie people and it was a regular season game. Pippen pulled his stunt in the playoffs when he was 28 and had been in the league for 7 years. I don't think that's a fair comparison.

Melo is back to leading the Nuggs on a playoff charge... so let's move on. Oh yeah, and he scored a career high 41 in their victory tonight. :)

Unfortunately, I do agree that this event probably cost Melo the ROY race after the media blew it out of proportion...

See AJD? Even the owner of www.nuggetshoops.com says he DID apologize, and he DID make a mistake!

AJD

Benchwarmer
Only The Knicks said:
aswitzer said:

See AJD? Even the owner of www.nuggetshoops.com says he DID apologize, and he DID make a mistake!

Whoa- someones a little proud of himself...