Biggie and Tupac

Paul1355

All Star
So I just watched the movie...Notorious...on tuesday and it was very good.

Thing is that I got educated on what was really going down behind the scenes and the movie plays it out that Biggie and Pac's beef wasn't the reason for them getting murdered. And that Biggie got framed for Pac being jumped at Biggie's studio one day that started everything. That because Biggie never "talked it out" with Pac that it escalted into a west coast/east coast battle that went over board....then they both made songs dissing eachother...so I'm just confused on everything.

One can debate this but I really don't know and never really looked into it so I'm asking everybody who was around at that time following this....what do you think really happened??

KBlack25

Starter
The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle of what the two sides say, as it usually does...

I do believe that when 2Pac was jumped everyone sort of backed away (despite Puffy saying everyone ran toward him) but mostly that was due to the shock of seeing a shot Shakur stumbling around the lobby. It would not be hard to construe it, from 2Pac's point of view, that Biggie and Puff did not want to lend a helping hand, as they shied away from him...On the flip side, I think 2Pac in a sense was insulted that rather than battle him himself or even address the issue, Biggie sent his guys (Mobb Deep, Jay-Z, Chino XL and even Lil Kim) after 2Pac in rap tracks, there wasn't much in the way of 2Pac being dissed by Biggie. I feel like 2Pac took this as Biggie feeling that 2Pac wasn't on his level, that Prodigy and Havoc and a young as hell Jay-Z would suffice. The beef wasn't so much West v. East as it was Death Row v. Bad Boy, though both were huge on the west and east coasts respectively. 2Pac did not hate all East Coast rappers and even had a guy from Jersey in the Outlaws, rather he hated the way many Bad Boy affiliates responded to Death Row Records...The beef really was all Suge's doing though, calling out Puffy at The Source Awards, and then Snoop getting angry that the east had "no love for Death Row"...

Paul1355

All Star
The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle of what the two sides say, as it usually does...

I do believe that when 2Pac was jumped everyone sort of backed away (despite Puffy saying everyone ran toward him) but mostly that was due to the shock of seeing a shot Shakur stumbling around the lobby. It would not be hard to construe it, from 2Pac's point of view, that Biggie and Puff did not want to lend a helping hand, as they shied away from him...On the flip side, I think 2Pac in a sense was insulted that rather than battle him himself or even address the issue, Biggie sent his guys (Mobb Deep, Jay-Z, Chino XL and even Lil Kim) after 2Pac in rap tracks, there wasn't much in the way of 2Pac being dissed by Biggie. I feel like 2Pac took this as Biggie feeling that 2Pac wasn't on his level, that Prodigy and Havoc and a young as hell Jay-Z would suffice. The beef wasn't so much West v. East as it was Death Row v. Bad Boy, though both were huge on the west and east coasts respectively. 2Pac did not hate all East Coast rappers and even had a guy from Jersey in the Outlaws, rather he hated the way many Bad Boy affiliates responded to Death Row Records...The beef really was all Suge's doing though, calling out Puffy at The Source Awards, and then Snoop getting angry that the east had "no love for Death Row"...

true I guess the record labels caused the downfall...there is still huge speculation in it and I'm surprised that both investigations are still open.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
they shoulda picked a diff actor to play tupac and i honestly dont think biggie had anything to do with it. i just dont like the way he handled it, he shoulda came out flat out saying he didnt do/know nothing, the way he handled the situation led everyone to say he played a roll,

and on the Tuoac murder i think Suge Knight had something to do with it. dunno about Biggie though.

Paul1355

All Star
they shoulda picked a diff actor to play tupac and i honestly dont think biggie had anything to do with it. i just dont like the way he handled it, he shoulda came out flat out saying he didnt do/know nothing, the way he handled the situation led everyone to say he played a roll,

and on the Tuoac murder i think Suge Knight had something to do with it. dunno about Biggie though.

Who is Suge Knight????

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
yea they had plent of disagreements on mastered tapes(completed songs right before they get put on albums) and Suge owed tupac 17 million for work already completed. and Pac was gonna use that fact against Suge and walk out and make his own record label, and take snoop with him. and Suge didnt want that cause he woulda lost pac, and snoop(basically mad dough)

and the day tupac was murdered Suge told the bodygaurds specifically not to carry guns whie protecting him(which is unheard of) and the one dude who refused to obey that was taken off tupac of the night so Pac was basically exposed the whole night.

How didnt Suge get injured when he was sitting right next to Pac in the ar at the time of the drive by?

ad after the murder he refused to cooperate with authorities, guilty ?

quiggle

Starter
the only winner from the East/West Coast Bad Boy Death Row beef was Puffy. Suge is nothing, Pac and Biggie dead, but Puffy got it all.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
yea they had plent of disagreements on mastered tapes(completed songs right before they get put on albums) and Suge owed tupac 17 million for work already completed. and Pac was gonna use that fact against Suge and walk out and make his own record label, and take snoop with him. and Suge didnt want that cause he woulda lost pac, and snoop(basically mad dough)

and the day tupac was murdered Suge told the bodygaurds specifically not to carry guns whie protecting him(which is unheard of) and the one dude who refused to obey that was taken off tupac of the night so Pac was basically exposed the whole night.

How didnt Suge get injured when he was sitting right next to Pac in the ar at the time of the drive by?

ad after the murder he refused to cooperate with authorities, guilty ?

Yea, I think suge set him up. Even that night he got jumped in the studio. Not many people would have know he would of been there and unarmed.

I remember snoop dogg saying that he wanted out of death row specially when his driver got shot. It was because of the environment he was in. In the movie "notorious" you hear biggie telling pac about the people he's around. And to watch himself.

quiggle

Starter
it wasn't just Biggie, Pac was attacking everyone from Fugees, Da Brat, LL Cool J, Blackstreet it's like anyone who said something he didn't like it was on with them.

JRG3

Benchwarmer
2Pac had no business being involved with gangs. He hung out with bad people when he didnt have to. You guys dont remember the Thug LIFE thing. He seriouslly took it to the next level. @PAC is dead because he associated himself with gangs in LA and Vegas, Hence wjy he was shot in Vegas. You guys dont remeber that fight on the security camera with suge Knight nd all of them.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupac_Shakur
Check it out and read the 1996 shooting section and u will understand why he is dead. No Biggies fault

Last edited:

quiggle

Starter
whatever happened to Pac's DR chain, we knew he was rockin the Angel of Death piece the months before he was killed.

Paul1355

All Star
Yea, I think suge set him up. Even that night he got jumped in the studio. Not many people would have know he would of been there and unarmed.

I remember snoop dogg saying that he wanted out of death row specially when his driver got shot. It was because of the environment he was in. In the movie "notorious" you hear biggie telling pac about the people he's around. And to watch himself.

For Puffy to screw biggie, when biggie basically made him famous, is a judas move.

th3realicon

Rotation player
I think only one person knows the real truth. And that person is Suge Knight. That mofo is responsible for both deaths.

Paul1355

All Star
LOL. "F*ck him over". LOL.

I actually meant what you said. You know that puffy played biggie. That's why I put N/H. When did puffy do that?

So your putting all blame on Puffy and not this Suge Knight guy or any of the other guys from Deathrow?

Paul1355

All Star
What are you talking about? This is the quote I'm talking about. How did puffy play biggie?

lol nvm I wasn't thinking when I typed that...my bad....I really dont know who did what but the idea of a battle between Record Labels "could" be a reason when i really think that Tupac was involved with some people that got him killed and the killers knew that after the beef with Biggie, that he would obviously get the blame.

And the Puffy screwing Biggie thing came from someone else and I was surprised to hear it.