Possibly the Hardest Week

____I♥NY____

Benchwarmer
Well what are your thoughts on next week.
We play the hardest teams, The Lakers, Cavs, and Celtics
I think we could get a win against the Lakers because of our close game earlier in the season when we nearly beat them and the Cavs because of their injury report. The Celtics we can win only if they lose a game before they play us.
What do you guys think about next week.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
were gonna have the toughest week of anyone in the NBA this year back-to-back-to-back-to-back vs. the Lakers,Cav's,Celtics,Portland so we could really prove ourselves this week and see where we really stand i say we gonna go 2-2

Scribbles

Rotation player
I'm crossing my fingers that we don't go ofor.

Especially since we're on the roll of a lifetime. This is the Knicks best shot for the league to take notice. Wins over the top teams in the East and West.

True test coming up.

Torp

Benchwarmer
I call a win on all of them!

Or loss on all of them :p

It's going to be either one of those lol

Kiyaman

Legend
I dont want to read one negative line about Nate this, or Lee that, or whatup with Chandler, when all four teams (Lakers, Cavs, Celtics, and Blazers) will have two players assigned to all 3 Knick players "Nate, Lee, and Chandler" to keep them busy on both sides of the court.....they are the "Knicks best Winning Players".
I'm not taking anything away from Duhon b/c his job is to get the ball to the hustling energy teammates that "Make it Happen" and he has been doing a well job at that on a team that does not have any top scorers but....we do have 3 great hustling energy players that will test the waters to open things up for other Knick teammates.
Hint....they been doing this before coach Dantoni system.

We should all expect a 4 game losing streak....if we get a WIN....be HAPPY! we have some top Role-Players that could step up their level of performance for a WIN...

richtree

Rotation player
to be honeset I think we match up best against the Celtics, then Cavs

I would say no shot against Lakers and Portland

Celtics lack depth and their interior players aren't the stars of the team

If we Could get KG in foul trouble or just limit him to a repectable night we have a chance to win with our 2nd unit

Cavs are big but with West hurt they lack some depth as well, so if we can keep an uptempo and actually have the lead before Lebron goes nuts in the late in the 4th quarter we have a small chance.,

but Lakers we proably won't score enough or stop the Bynum / Gasol combo

and Portland's Aldridge / Oden combo will wear us out will they do the dirty work and bayless/roy/outlaw / ferdandez rack up pts

Paul1355

All Star
People don't underestimate our Knicks

We beat the Lakers and Celtics while not having Gallinari and having other minor injuries to players...if we can beat those teams with injuries...imagine now with most of our team back.

The Cavaliers are the tough one because Chandler is nto going to shut down Lebron James all game. Eventually Lebron is going to find a way to get in the inside and dunk on us 5 times. Mainly because our post defense sucks.

We can beat the Celtics if we keep out Rondo and force them to shoot long shots.

We beat the lakers last time because Nate has a fantastic game so expect D'Antoni to make him a crucial part in that game...maybe they just can't stop a guy that fast...Derek Fisher obviously can't.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
We beat the Lakers and Celtics while not having Gallinari and having other minor injuries to players...if we can beat those teams with injuries...imagine now with most of our team back.

The Cavaliers are the tough one because Chandler is nto going to shut down Lebron James all game. Eventually Lebron is going to find a way to get in the inside and dunk on us 5 times. Mainly because our post defense sucks.

We can beat the Celtics if we keep out Rondo and force them to shoot long shots.

We beat the lakers last time because Nate has a fantastic game so expect D'Antoni to make him a crucial part in that game...maybe they just can't stop a guy that fast...Derek Fisher obviously can't.

Paul this is the second time you said we beat the lakers so I need to clarify this. We played the lakers once and we came close (116-114) but we still have to beat them this season. That being said I do think we can beat all next 4 teams we face next week ( we can also lose to all 4 of them) so a 0-4 week will be the worst a 1-3 will take us back to earth (after the last 5-1 strech), 2-2 will be nice, a 3-1 week will be fantastic (establish ourself as real threats) and a 4-0 week will be unthinkable for many (except die hard knicks fans) and will guaratee a play off spot for us (specially if we beat indiana and 2 bad teams coming after that strech).

My prediction 2-2 with us beating the lakers and portland ( I wish we beat the celtics again thou).

umynot

Benchwarmer
2-2 would be a good week! Any way we can pull that off would be impressive!

But truthfully 0-4 would not be too bad if we do @ the very least play hard and compete!

Kinda thinking Lottery is a better Option for us then Playoffs!

If we can play well and up the ante for some of our players maybe we can make a trade that can help get us more ping pong balls!

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
any win against lakers, cavs, celtics would be good. Given how we've been playing / how we played lakers, beat celtics, i'd say we can def pull a win or two out....i wouldn't count on it or expect it, but i think we'll play well and def have a chance...this will be a nice gauge to see how we can compete when we're playn pretty well..

JRG3

Benchwarmer
The celtics will come out with a vengeance and Ray allen will make every three he takes. I Think we can be conpetitive with the lakers and maybe steal a win depending if q makes any threes and can play physical on Kobe. The only way we will beat the cavs is if the refs dont like lebron. Yesterdays cavs, magic game lebron was getting fouled like crazy and the refs were not calling it. If Chandler can play physical with lebron and get away with it we have a high chance of winning. Make pavlovic and varjoua beat us. Portland i have know idea about maybe we can win if fernandez and roy play bad.

Knicks07

Benchwarmer
yea but then again the other time when we almost beat the lakers, Paul Gasol wasnt playing. I hope we dont get blown out by the cavs...agian

Kiyaman

Legend
All our Knick weak areas will be exploited

Lets not get crazy here about any Knick WIN on any of the next 5 teams....all our Knick weak areas will be exploited so I hope President Walsh is at each game with note n pad.

We will be playing the Pacers in Indiana where the Fans are ruthless, plus Dunleavy is back to sneak in his quiet 20 points a game (like Allan Houston used to do with Ewing or Spree) with Murphy, TJ Ford, and All-Star Granger.
50-50 win for Knicks at Pacers....best part will be Lee vs Granger (performance) for who really deserve the reserve All-Star gig.

Lakers have so much Pro-veteran depth....they have two starting units.
Cavs got depth plus a 6.9 (Magic Johnson) guy called Lebron James.
Celtics depth chart is so deep an oposition win gives out 100% confidence
Blazers have a deep-deep depth chart of young athletic future ALL-Stars

The Knicks have no depth chart....the Knicks do have young players performing at a high level for a $7M to $12M payday and other young players for an extension in the 2009 offseason.
The Knicks having only two Guards in their rotation and only one Bigman.....expect our 5-1 in the last 6 games to turn into 0-5 in the next 5 games.

There is nothing negative about the Knicks losing the next 5 games....there are more positives in how these top contender teams exploit our many weaknesses...

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
I hope the knicks win 4 or 5 of the next games and help kiya close shop and stop bashing and being so negative about the knicks because of his dislike of Walsh and D'Angtoni.

Paul1355

All Star
Paul this is the second time you said we beat the lakers so I need to clarify this. We played the lakers once and we came close (116-114) but we still have to beat them this season. That being said I do think we can beat all next 4 teams we face next week ( we can also lose to all 4 of them) so a 0-4 week will be the worst a 1-3 will take us back to earth (after the last 5-1 strech), 2-2 will be nice, a 3-1 week will be fantastic (establish ourself as real threats) and a 4-0 week will be unthinkable for many (except die hard knicks fans) and will guaratee a play off spot for us (specially if we beat indiana and 2 bad teams coming after that strech).

My prediction 2-2 with us beating the lakers and portland ( I wish we beat the celtics again thou).

Good that you clarified that lakers game...we SHOULD have won that game then.

ANyways what I meant was that we almost beat the Lakers and beat the Celtics so we have the potential to beat any team i the NBA if we have decent defense...keep out guys from driving to the hoop, and make our open shots.

All we have to do is not choke with open shots and provide some decent defensive pressure...and we can beat anybody.

So thats why I am not extremely worried about these games.

And my point was that We play harder and better as a team, knowing that we are playing harder competition, the Knicks just play better against better teams and lose to teams that suck like the Thunder.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Man this week couldn't come at a worst time after building momentum. The good news is that the NYK are playing their best ball of the year. Hard to predict man. Take it one game at a time. if they go 2-2, I will be more than satisfied!! Damn that is a crazy week!!! Gonna see some good basketball though!! Are we gonna get nationally televised games during that week to gain some exposure throughout the nation?? TNT or ESPN???

____I♥NY____

Benchwarmer
I hope the knicks win 4 or 5 of the next games and help kiya close shop and stop bashing and being so negative about the knicks because of his dislike of Walsh and D'Angtoni.

I don't think Kiya is being negative. I think he is trying to install some sense of reality. We won a lot of the games we recently won against sub par teams or teams that have been slumping lately. So don't think about him being negative just lets be realistic and calm ourselves sayin we will beat 4 of the next 5 games.

JRG3

Benchwarmer
Man this week couldn't come at a worst time after building momentum. The good news is that the NYK are playing their best ball of the year. Hard to predict man. Take it one game at a time. if they go 2-2, I will be more than satisfied!! Damn that is a crazy week!!! Gonna see some good basketball though!! Are we gonna get nationally televised games during that week to gain some exposure throughout the nation?? TNT or ESPN???

We have no games on abc, Espn or TnT the whole year. What BS that is. The wizards have been on alot. And the Warriors

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
yea it really makes no sense...

And i think the timing of these games is good. It'll be a nice gauge to see where we stand against these teams when we're playing well..and it's not like were expected to win all these games, so we can only do well from it all..

dave2138

Rotation player
We have no games on abc, Espn or TnT the whole year. What BS that is. The wizards have been on alot. And the Warriors

Well, I'm sure the scheduling happened before the season started.. Washington was a playoff team and Golden State won 48 games last year.