Playoffs or Lottery?

umynot

Benchwarmer
Hey guys been awhile for me on here.

See everyone still fighting though!

Allen Houston blog huh? We moving up!!

Have a question for debate, Do we really want to make the playoffs?

Or do we want a shot @ Rubio? The real deal by the way!!!!

Do we really want to make the playoffs just to lose? We cant really win it all with this squad can we? We dont have a legit star onn our team! How could making the playoffs and losing help us?

I heard the experience factor that by making the playoffs will help our young players gain valuable experience to use down the road. When we do get better. Ok but does it not help us more if we can add a SUPERSTAR through the draft?

Read somewhere that you cant play for the lottery but I remember when Cleveland did it and landed Lebron.

Now I'm not sure which way I'm leaning but for sure I like Rubio and would love to land him anyway we could!

Even if it means tanking the rest of the year!

I would trade any of players just for extra chances to hit the lottery!!!

Your thoughts?

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
any team that loses for draft picks is a bitch. and any fan who wants to see there team lose so they can get that pick is a bitch too. we playn well and we hopefully will continue...is this even a question? whether we want to see the Knicks in the playoffs (even if they do get knocked out) or tank for some flop of a draft pick...f**k that. Go Knicks.

dave2138

Rotation player
This was kind of the mini topic in the "8th seed" thread.

I'm sure Duhon/Lee/Robinson etc..don't care about what pick they have, but as fans are you really going to be more happy with the 13th pick over the 8th pick? I think this season is one where every game you are happy that the Knicks win because its fun to watch..but I don't think every time New Jersey, Toronto, Chicago lose its something to get excited about either.

If the Knicks make the playoffs good for them they deserve it..if they finish 2nd from the bottom in the East and get the 8th pick in the draft..then thats also good. The day after the season ends, I forget about everything that happened during the 08/09 season in regards to wins/losses and start looking at who to draft.

Same thing if they get the 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th pick.. Its just the higher the pick the better chance we have at a Stephon Curry/Brandon Jennings type player.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
Hey guys been awhile for me on here.

See everyone still fighting though!

Allen Houston blog huh? We moving up!!

Have a question for debate, Do we really want to make the playoffs?

Or do we want a shot @ Rubio? The real deal by the way!!!!

Do we really want to make the playoffs just to lose? We cant really win it all with this squad can we? We dont have a legit star onn our team! How could making the playoffs and losing help us?

I heard the experience factor that by making the playoffs will help our young players gain valuable experience to use down the road. When we do get better. Ok but does it not help us more if we can add a SUPERSTAR through the draft?

Read somewhere that you cant play for the lottery but I remember when Cleveland did it and landed Lebron.

Now I'm not sure which way I'm leaning but for sure I like Rubio and would love to land him anyway we could!

Even if it means tanking the rest of the year!

I would trade any of players just for extra chances to hit the lottery!!!

Your thoughts?

1) Yes we really want to make the playoffs.

2) We have no shot at rubio, he already said he's not entering the draft if is not a top 3 pick and with his wrist injury that might happend.

3) If we make the playoff and even if we lose will help this franchise regaining the respect and confidance lost during isaiah's years (see atlanta of last year). Also we'll be more atractive coming 2010 FA.

4) There are no ''superstars'' in the draft only few players with the potential to be ( and only few that can help a team in the next couple years). Besides stars have been drafted letter ( arenas, boozer second round, granger at 17, david west at 18) and bust in the lottery ( curry, darko, kwame). So the lottery is what it is a ''lottery''

5) Like I said before there is no lebron in this draft (not even potential wise).

So my thoughts fuk the lottery we have been there for so many years lately, let's make the playoffs.

JayJ44

Starter
We've been the laughing stock of the NBA for years. Of course I want us to make the playoffs. It's been so long since we've seen playoff basketball in the Garden, even longer since we won a playoff game. We have the chance to make a playoffs, and win at least a game or 2. Who knows? Maybe we get an upset. The lottery draft is a consolation prize for bad teams, not a goal. I want playoffs!!
:gony:

JRG3

Benchwarmer
First of we will not get a high enough pick now anyway to get Rubio so forget about it. We had 23 wins last year and we got the 6th pick. we already have 20 wins and we are playing the best ball of this season so how are we gonna tank every single game for the rest of the year. We dont know whats gonna happen down the road this year. The knicks can easily pick up a player via trade and we can develope into a much better team. The Hawks took the celtics to 7 games last year so why cant the knicks. Now the Hawks are a much better team this year so the knicks can be a much better team next year. If The team learns to play like the suns for next year we can have a killer team with these guys that can be a 5th or 6th seed next year in preparation for 2010 when we really make are mark.

any team that loses for draft picks is a bitch. and any fan who wants to see there team lose so they can get that pick is a bitch too. we playn well and we hopefully will continue...is this even a question? whether we want to see the Knicks in the playoffs (even if they do get knocked out) or tank for some flop of a draft pick...f**k that. Go Knicks.
PRETTY MUCH.i think we need to make a run at camby, and mess with somebody's championship aspirations from the start.I'm hoping it's the celtshits.that would be tanawesome.

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
Playoffs

I want to see some playoff games but, more importantly I want these young cats LEE,CHANDLER,NATE, & GALLO To get that playoff experience. And if we do not make the playoffs than I will talk about the Draft....Lets Go Knicks :gony:

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
PLAYOFFS!!!.............no question about it, and for once during this up and down season so far, we are literally there right now, if milwaukee loses tonight we have the 8th seed. were playing good competitive basketball right now. why would we throw that away for the draft? plus rubio isnt even in the draft.

umynot

Benchwarmer

Just a topic bro. NO need to be calling out bitc h es. I respect your opinion and I would also like to see the Knicks in the Playoffs.

Just would not mind a high pick neither!

Portland won the Lottery 2 years ago and last year and improved real quick!

Just thoughts man thats all!!:peace:

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Winning is what matters most to us fans. We can't rely on draft picks that might not pan out. Besides, we already have guys with great potential in Gallinari and chandler. We don't need to develop any more new talent. Just get proven guys on the team. the Knicks are showing how good they can be by winning with the type of talent we have. Imagine next year when everybody is more developed and we pick up better talent. I'm seeing 48 to 52 wins. There's no doubt.

Torp

Benchwarmer
Does this kind of question ever even enter the minds of players > coaches > GMs??

I mean, has any GM ever told their coach to TANK the season? And Has any coach ever actually told their players to play horribly. And have any players ever actually tried to shoot and play horribly because they want to get a better lottery pick??

I don't see the point of conversations such as these. Winning should always be the number 1 priority.

dave2138

Rotation player
yeah absolutely players/coaches don't care about next year..they play for this year because thats all they can control. Even Oklahoma goes in with the same mentality. Of course as fans we can't control anything, and when we go through tough stretches of not being a + .500 team this is the stuff we have to debate about.

The question was at the end of the year which will you be more satisfied with looking forward. A 4 game sweep in the 1st round, 15th pick in draft - playoff experience for our young core, or no playoff experience + higher draft pick..Which option is more valuable for the future?

If you chose option 2, would you prefer the team being 9th in the East or 14th in the East? 8th pick in draft or 13th? Which scenario is more favorable?

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
Just a topic bro. NO need to be calling out bitc h es. I respect your opinion and I would also like to see the Knicks in the Playoffs.

Just would not mind a high pick neither!

Portland won the Lottery 2 years ago and last year and improved real quick!

Just thoughts man thats all!!:peace:

Haha na i wasn't callin out anyone specifically or the thread...just the idea :gony:

dre48ny

Rotation player
Playoffs, playoffs, playoffs. This why we root for a team, to win and get into the postseason. We all know that postseason experience is a must in sports. The pressure is crazy and our young core needs to learn ASAP how to deal with and play well. Whe the NYK want to attract a big name they will have postseason experience which would be beneficial in recruiting these stars.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
I think the playoffs is WAY more important. Out players get experience and we can look forward to next season, especially the off season. I mean, look at Atlanta. People thought they would be so horrible, and they take The Champs to a seven game series. Now, they're, what, 4th in the conference? They've upped their game so much. Joe Johnson is, in my opinion, a no brainer for an all NBA team.

Experience for our young PLAYERS is much better than trying to get one young PLAYER that has a chance of being a bust, because we already know what our players can do. Do we knowfor sure what they can do in the pros? NO

Even if the LeBrons or Celts sweep us, we still get experience, and that, in my eyes is wayy more important than the lottery. :gony:

Ewing

Benchwarmer
The city needs playoffs, the players and the fans need the playoffs too, we need to have a competitive team ASAP to give the players playoff experience.