H-O-R-S-E Comes to All-Star Weekend

JayJ44

Starter
NEW YORK (AP) -- H-O-R-S-E has galloped into the NBA's All-Star weekend.
The popular shooting contest will be part of TNT's coverage of All-Star Saturday night, the network announced Tuesday. Three NBA players, who will be revealed later, will take part.
The competition will take place outdoors at the NBA's All-Star Block Party in Phoenix on Feb. 14. The dunk contest, 3-point shootout and skills challenge are later Saturday night, and the All-Star game is Sunday.
If a player makes a shot in H-O-R-S-E, the next competitor must make the same shot or receive a letter. Players will have 24 seconds to execute their shots, and an NBA referee will rule if they're done properly. Dunking won't be allowed.
A player gets an 'H' for his first miss and is eliminated once he has all five letters of the word.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/basketball/nba/02/03/all.star.horse.ap/index.html?eref=si_nba

I would be laughing my ass off if they put Lebron in it. :lol::lol::lol:

This may become one of the more attractive parts of all star weekend if they get the right players every year. Kobe and Lebron, you do what I do type. Should be interesting.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I think Horse is a good idea for the All Star weekend. I think the NBA should also add a 2 on 2 tournament.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
2-on-2 tournament isn't a bad idea....another one would be a legends vs current players 2 on 2 tournament like Dwade and Jordan vs Kobe and Magic that would be sick.

Nate would be good for the horse competition , but yea Kobe, Wade and Carter would be fun to watch.

it would be hilarious if at the tip of the trophy is a horse

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Yea I agree with putting kobe in. Maybe he can jump a moving car and take a jumpshot at the same time. Lol.

What I'm wondering is- will the players decline the offer to play HORSE?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
They announced the participants today they are Durant,Mayo, and Johnson...good not great they coulda done better but I'll still watch Mayo got this one

JayJ44

Starter
They announced the participants today they are Durant,Mayo, and Johnson...good not great they coulda done better but I'll still watch Mayo got this one

eh, they could have found better participants. I hope they put on a good show. My money's on Mayo as well.

JayJ44

Starter
Good comeback from Durant. That was fun, but they need to get better players. Next year-Kobe, D-Wade, Durant.:crossfingers:

TunerAddict

Starter
They used to have HORSE back in the day...It was a bracketted tournament and they'd air it at like half time and shit when it was already recorded. I remember seeing Pistol Pete vs George Gervin