Still don't want LeBron????

smokes

Huge Member
Yeah, and the one major upgrade we could land this season is Amare if we made the right offer. Personally I would not want to drop Lee. If we could get them to bite on a trade with Harrington, Nate or Chandler + Marbury it would be well worth it.

Red

TYPE-A
Yeah, and the one major upgrade we could land this season is Amare if we made the right offer. Personally I would not want to drop Lee. If we could get them to bite on a trade with Harrington, Nate or Chandler + Marbury it would be well worth it.

They're gonna want Lee and maybe Chandler at least trust me. I doubt the Knicks want to trade Harrington he's their top scoring threat right now.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
That was nowhere near the Kobe chants. And I've heard the Garden cheer for many. The Pistons? One of the top defensive teams in the league with 4 TIME DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR AND HIS BROTHER (lol) " THE WALLECE'S" bad example. Fail.

But seriously we need more up grades period. We can argue about the players but we have to agree, we need upgrades.

i agree if LeBron comes im for it but i just dont agree with making him our only option and he isn't really a must

Red

TYPE-A
i agree if LeBron comes im for it but i just dont agree with making him our only option and he isn't really a must

He won't be our only option we have our eyes on 2, and 1 has to be a big man(unless Mr. Pringle thinks he can be our big man and gets a guard).

But thats in 2010...the real issue is what to do until then? Lee expires, Amare isn't happy and expires after next year do you package Lee or Nate + and take your chances w/ Amare?

Red

TYPE-A
As I said before

yea i want Wade and a Big man is what we need most
Wade at the 2, Amare/Bosh at the 4,5 = Lebron at the 3, Amare/Bosh at the 4,5
Same sh*t, doesn't matter we'll definitely be contenders then. I would rather LBJ based on age though. Wade will be 29 mid 2010.

dre48ny

Rotation player
I'm just saying I'll take my chances with LeBron playing his prime years in the Big Apple. He would deliver!! Anyway if he does not come here there are other options and I believe that the players that we have now can supplement a superstar and win a title. I want a damn superstar, we have only had one in the last 2 decades: Patrick Ewing! Face it we never won a title with him, but we were relevant and the Bulls had a tough time with us!!

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
I'd still prob take LeBron over any Wade/Bosh mix....We'd have to get another relatively big named big man, but i'd still prob take LeBron over them even if we didn't....the dude would change this franchise, plain and simple. yea Wade and Bosh would be a good little duo, LeBron would just elevate Knicks basketball to a level it's never seen...i just can't wait till we have our games on tnt every otehr night :D....until the Knicks are seen as a top team and can really compete at a level of the pistons celtics lakers teams....Any way, look at LeBron now, he doesn't have that good of a supporting cast, and look how far he's got them...what ever happened to LeBron and another big name anyway??

dre48ny

Rotation player
I think with our supporting cast he can do it as well. He has elevated his game even more now!!! We draft a defensive minded Center, Keep our core, and either keep Duhon or find an efficient PG and LBJ could deliver.

smokes

Huge Member
Yeah but we have plenty of options at the SF spot currently. A SG would be fill a much bigger void if we have roughly the same setup as now. Doesn't Joe Johnson come into FA in 2010 aswell? He would be another good option instead of Wade.

Paul1355

All Star
I think with our supporting cast he can do it as well. He has elevated his game even more now!!! We draft a defensive minded Center, Keep our core, and either keep Duhon or find an efficient PG and LBJ could deliver.

Duhon
Lebron
Chandler/Gallinari
Harrington/Lee
Some Shot blocker

We have scoring, defense, rebounding, speed, awarness, and A LOT of assists from James and Duhon.

Championship.

johnstarky

Rotation player
Lebron is going to the Pistons, Joe Dumars is coveting him a lot.I'm sure that Lebron wants to be in the eastern conference finals every year and the Pistons are the team that is one superstar away from being a championship team.But In order for Lebron to come to NY the Cavs have to not win a championship in the next two trips to the playoffs and the Knicks have to make the playoffs either this season or next season. They have to prove to Lebron that they're a competitive team not a team that has been in the NBA's basemant for the most part of this decade.I really do want Lebron on the Knicks, I get tired of watching every team make the playoffs every year and the Knicks being the team that has the earliest vacation.This man is the future of the NBA and the Knicks have to gain back the respect that they lost after the Van Gundy era.

Last edited:

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
If any team that gets Lebron gets a title, then why don't the Cavs have one? Why won't they get one this year (my prediction)?

Bottom line, Lebron has not shown the ability to consistently play well, in the playoffs. He's unpredictable, unlike the solid rock of a player on the Cavs: Z, whose play gets a lot better, come playoff time.

Last year was the first time Lebron shot over 41 percent from the field, in the playoffs. Even so, he was taking nights off and had trouble in the clutch, though he can rise to the occasion, on any given day. Still, he has nights where he completely breaks down.

He's a winner, but he has his weaknesses. In 2010, I'd snatch up Wade: closest player to Jordan I've seen, since Jordan. Basically on his own, dude took the title right out of Nowitzki's hands.