all about the N.Y. JETS

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
^^^^^ another fake bandwagon fan hating on the mighty JETS. go put on some pom-poms and get back to cheerleading for your team...

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Please tell me you guys aren't referring to me...

i believe he was referring to LeFlume

.....anyways the Jets should definitely make a serious play for Cutler dude is someone you guys could build around and will be your best QB since Boomer and he's a legit player to build around.

or you guys could wait for the draft and take either Sanchez( he'll be a good QB) or Freeman. both will have good careers.

KBlack25

Starter

.....anyways the Jets should definitely make a serious play for Cutler dude is someone you guys could build around and will be your best QB since Boomer and he's a legit player to build around.

or you guys could wait for the draft and take either Sanchez( he'll be a good QB) or Freeman. both will have good careers.

I completely 100% disagree with every Pro-Cutler comment. Look, this guy is a good QB without a doubt, but the Jets offense is going to run primarily through Thomas Jones. Cutler is already crying about not having job security, when he gets to NY and Jones gets most of the offensive plays, he'll start crying then. They should DEFINITELY NOT draft Mark Sanchez, he is terrible.

I think the Jets should start Kellen Clemmens. Worst case scenario: he's awful and the team is awful and the Jets in the next draft can pick from Colt McCoy, Tim Tebow or Sam Bradford (all 3 better candidates than Sanchez). Best case scenario: Clemmens actually can play football, and they have a good QB without giving up anything this year.

I think going after Cutler is the worst idea for the Jets. Sure he's got a good arm, but he has now shown he's a brat and a half. Not the type of guy you want under NY scrutiny. I said before the Jets got Favre it would blow up in their faces, while every NY fan (including some of my best friends) were loving the move, thinking they were getting an MVP QB. Let Cutler be a brat elsewhere, but I don't think you want him in NY.

metrocard

Legend
I completely 100% disagree with every Pro-Cutler comment. Look, this guy is a good QB without a doubt, but the Jets offense is going to run primarily through Thomas Jones. Cutler is already crying about not having job security, when he gets to NY and Jones gets most of the offensive plays, he'll start crying then. They should DEFINITELY NOT draft Mark Sanchez, he is terrible.

I think the Jets should start Kellen Clemmens. Worst case scenario: he's awful and the team is awful and the Jets in the next draft can pick from Colt McCoy, Tim Tebow or Sam Bradford (all 3 better candidates than Sanchez). Best case scenario: Clemmens actually can play football, and they have a good QB without giving up anything this year.

I think going after Cutler is the worst idea for the Jets. Sure he's got a good arm, but he has now shown he's a brat and a half. Not the type of guy you want under NY scrutiny. I said before the Jets got Favre it would blow up in their faces, while every NY fan (including some of my best friends) were loving the move, thinking they were getting an MVP QB. Let Cutler be a brat elsewhere, but I don't think you want him in NY.

Your opinion is garbage.
You think, but don't know.

Cutler is an established young NFL QB.
NY scrunity isn't a factor when your team is winning...its not really a big factor at all, ask the Giants...New York media can be really supportive and really the opposite, it depends on preformance.
Cutler is 25
Favre was like 45...a year or two year deal.
We're getting a potential a QB here...you're an idiot...just stop thinking, its making you say stupid things.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only

you're right about making a play for cutler, Prince. he throws the football with so much force. we need that type of gunslinger in our team. I wouldn't want the Jets to give up the first rounder, though. specially with moreno being a target for us in that first round.

LeFlume

All Star
Bandwagon! Funny, I've been a Giants fan for more than 40 years. I remember Joe Namath, There we can talk about bandwagon. People without a clue about football started to root for The Jets. Even more funny, it is the same today. People without a clue become Jets fans :beer:

KBlack25

Starter
Your opinion is garbage.
You think, but don't know.

Cutler is an established young NFL QB.
NY scrunity isn't a factor when your team is winning...its not really a big factor at all, ask the Giants...New York media can be really supportive and really the opposite, it depends on preformance.
Cutler is 25
Favre was like 45...a year or two year deal.
We're getting a potential a QB here...you're an idiot...just stop thinking, its making you say stupid things.

Just like it wasn't a factor with A-Rod...fact is the second things go a bit awry in NY, the media pounces.

Go ahead, get Jay Cutler, when he cries in 2 weeks because Thomas Jones has most of the offense, I'll be the guy saying "I told you so". Jay Cutler isn't THAT well established, he did throw for over 4,000 yds last year, and he throws really hard. But he's also made himself out to be a brat. I can see it now, Jets start 0-1 or 0-2, the media starts questioning Cutler, and he goes crazy because the media isn't being fair to him, just like he's crying now about his team not being fair to him. How many playoff games has Cutler won? This offense will run through the ground, and Cutler will not be happy about it.

It just makes more sense for the Jets to let Clemmens play, kid has potential behind that offensive line, they don't need him to be an all star, so why make a blockbuster deal for a QB? It's a very common misconception that you need a top notch QB to win football games. Trent Dilfer won the Super Bowl, Brad Johnson won the Super Bowl, Kerry Collins went to a Super Bowl, Jake freakin Delhomme went to a Super Bowl and he is AWFUL. This team has the pieces at RB, O-Line and now on Defense to make some noise. Is it the worst thing in the world to let Clemmens play? Worst case, he has a bad year, the team sucks and they can get McCoy, Bradford or Tebow without having given up anything this year (and allowing them to draft a good WR off the board). Clemmens has even a MEDIOCRE year, this team is good enough in all other aspects to make a lot of noise. But to trade your first rounder now for a QB who has made himself into a head case, who has shown himself to be mentally weak and fragile (his team LISTENED to offers for him, and he's crying, they didn't even PUT ANYTHING CONCRETE DOWN). Jets ****ed up making a trade last year, maybe they can learn from their mistakes.

In any case, aren't I supposed to be on your ignore list as a power move to get me off the site?

LeFlume

All Star
I just saw on Sportcenter that he had asked for a trade. Hard to believe that Denver would trade their franchise QB to the Jets, and for what if I may ask?
What in the world can Jets offer them in return that Denver would want?

KBlack25

Starter
I just saw on Sportcenter that he had asked for a trade. Hard to believe that Denver would trade their franchise QB to the Jets, and for what if I may ask?

Yeah he asked out because he didn't like that the new coach listened to offers regarding his availability. Basically, some team called the coach, asked whether Cutler was available, and the coach listened to the offers. Jay Cutler didn't like that his name was being circulated, so he demanded a trade out. Sounds like someone headstrong enough to handle NY.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
I heard a deal was possible three teams. With Ironically the Browns, Mr. Mangini's new team. Derek Anderson and a draft pick would go to the broncos, Cutler would come to the Jets, and A plethora of draft picks would go to the browns.

metrocard

Legend
Just like it wasn't a factor with A-Rod...fact is the second things go a bit awry in NY, the media pounces.

Go ahead, get Jay Cutler, when he cries in 2 weeks because Thomas Jones has most of the offense, I'll be the guy saying "I told you so". Jay Cutler isn't THAT well established, he did throw for over 4,000 yds last year, and he throws really hard. But he's also made himself out to be a brat. I can see it now, Jets start 0-1 or 0-2, the media starts questioning Cutler, and he goes crazy because the media isn't being fair to him, just like he's crying now about his team not being fair to him. How many playoff games has Cutler won? This offense will run through the ground, and Cutler will not be happy about it.

It just makes more sense for the Jets to let Clemmens play, kid has potential behind that offensive line, they don't need him to be an all star, so why make a blockbuster deal for a QB? It's a very common misconception that you need a top notch QB to win football games. Trent Dilfer won the Super Bowl, Brad Johnson won the Super Bowl, Kerry Collins went to a Super Bowl, Jake freakin Delhomme went to a Super Bowl and he is AWFUL. This team has the pieces at RB, O-Line and now on Defense to make some noise. Is it the worst thing in the world to let Clemmens play? Worst case, he has a bad year, the team sucks and they can get McCoy, Bradford or Tebow without having given up anything this year (and allowing them to draft a good WR off the board). Clemmens has even a MEDIOCRE year, this team is good enough in all other aspects to make a lot of noise. But to trade your first rounder now for a QB who has made himself into a head case, who has shown himself to be mentally weak and fragile (his team LISTENED to offers for him, and he's crying, they didn't even PUT ANYTHING CONCRETE DOWN). Jets ****ed up making a trade last year, maybe they can learn from their mistakes.

In any case, aren't I supposed to be on your ignore list as a power move to get me off the site?

No facts.
Try again.
With less effort.

KBlack25

Starter
No facts.
Try again.
With less effort.

Fact: Jay Cutler threw for over 4,000 yds last year
Fact: Jay Cutler is not that well established
Fact: Jay Cutler has not had playoff success
Fact: Jay Cutler has shown himself to be a crybaby
Fact: The NY media is ruthless
Fact: The Jets have a good defense
Fact: The Jets have a good O-Line
Fact: The Jets have a good running game
Fact: The Jets offense will be run through Thomas Jones
Fact: The Jets don't need to make a blockbuster trade
Fact: 4 QBs I cited won or played in the Super Bowl
Fact: If the Jets do poorly this year, they will able to have a shot at McCoy, Tebow or Bradford

No facts?
Try again.
With less effort.

Aren't I supposed to be on your ignore list anyway, in a power move to get me off the site?

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Bandwagon! Funny, I've been a Giants fan for more than 40 years. I remember Joe Namath, There we can talk about bandwagon. People without a clue about football started to root for The Jets. Even more funny, it is the same today. People without a clue become Jets fans :beer:

And you continue to hate on the Great NY JETS.

fan for 40 years, huh? Damn you're old....

I suggest you get off the library's computer and get back to your nursing home, its almost bedtime... :lol: