all about the N.Y. JETS

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
i think the jets will get wrecked by the bengals in da playoffs (u guys know that the bungals lost that game on purpose, theyd rather play the sanchez-led jets rather than the scaub-led texans).

Damnnnnn. What retard wrote that??? I would hate to be the guy that predicted to pick the Bengals. Oh whoops, that was me lol. Well that's what happens when you make a blind statement. I've never watched a Bengals game this year until yesterday, and assumed that Carson Palmer was the old Carson Palmer. While watching the game yesterday I was shocked to see how inept the passing game for the bengals was. I said it before and I'll say it again, Derelle Revis is an animal, it is almost unfair to have a corner that is that talented. But it wasn't just Revis, Palmer was missing throws and he reminded more of JaWalrus Russell than of the old Palmer. The Jets running game is so special. The Bengals knew it was coming, but the Jets kept getting yards. All i can say is that if Sanchez does fulfill his promise, this team will be outright scary. You guys better hope he doesn't have a sophmore slump. And more good news for Jets fans on this site. I'm predicting the Jets get destroyed no matter who they play. Last time I said that i was very wrong lol.

dpryde

Benchwarmer
sanchez isnt "sanchize" yet that why i think the jets will lose. phillip rivers in on a tear, hes been absolutely disgusting. I want to see LT win a ring before he retires to.

****kkk outttttttaa here......sanchize doesn't have to be as sharp as rivers to win. Sanchize has two really good running backs behind him, while Rivers has a HOF wayyyyy past his prime and a small fast guy. Jets win this game with smart clock management.

Jets 27
Chargers 24

Lets Go Jets!!!!!!!!!

TheBigCock

Benchwarmer
30-17 Jets
Jackson/Floyd/Tomlinson does not scare me. Revis will shut down Jackson and NYJ have faced 2nd WRs better than Floyd (ex: Welker). Tomlinson is not the LT of 3 years ago. We faced and hung in with QBs like Manning, Brees, Brady, etc... However Gates does scare me. He is the best all around TE in the NFL. We faced Tony Gonzalez this year and we neutralized him (besides the GW TD at the end.), but Gates in younger and more of a threat. The Jets run game will beat the 20th ranked run defense.
Book it: Jones and Greene will both have 100+ yards rushing.

KBlack25

Starter
This game is interesting for the Jets...

Jets specialize in stopping the pass, all the Chargers can do is pass. Jets will rely on the run, Chargers can't stop the run. The match-up really could not have worked out better for the Jets.

But this won't be the Cincy game. Cincy had one passing weapon, Ochocinco. Revis might be able to shut down Vincent Jackson, but the Chargers have shown the ability to win games without going to Jackson, including a game at home v. Philly where Jackson had 1 reception. The X-Factor of this game is probably Antonio Gates. If Gates runs free, the Jets lose this game big. If Gates is covered, the Jets stand a puncher's chance.

I bet from the Chargers we see a ton of Gates, a ton of Sproles catching passes out of the backfield, limited amounts of an older (and I don't think very good anymore) LT, and possibly a jumpball or two in Jackson's direction. The other wild card is Norv Turner...of all the coaches in the league he's the one I like betting on the least. He's probably the 32nd best head coach in the NFL.

Jets will need to score quickly, to take the crowd out of it. I'm betting about a 50/50 split between Green and Jones. I don't know how the coaching staff feels about Braylon Edwards but if I were them I don't want to rely on him in a big spot. You just don't know which Edwards will show up. Sanchez can not turn the ball over, period. Even one turn over and the Jets chances of winning drop severly.

I think the Jets play well, but not well enough to win. 27-17 Chargers, but the game is closer than you think as the Chargers seal the game with a late touchdown.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
sanchez isnt "sanchize" yet that why i think the jets will lose. phillip rivers in on a tear, hes been absolutely disgusting. I want to see LT win a ring before he retires to.

LT doesn't deserve to win anything, especially after bitching out last year.

I hope rivers is praying hard this week. He's going to need GOD's help to pull this one out.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
This game is interesting for the Jets...

Jets specialize in stopping the pass, all the Chargers can do is pass. Jets will rely on the run, Chargers can't stop the run. The match-up really could not have worked out better for the Jets.

But this won't be the Cincy game. Cincy had one passing weapon, Ochocinco. Revis might be able to shut down Vincent Jackson, but the Chargers have shown the ability to win games without going to Jackson, including a game at home v. Philly where Jackson had 1 reception. The X-Factor of this game is probably Antonio Gates. If Gates runs free, the Jets lose this game big. If Gates is covered, the Jets stand a puncher's chance.

I bet from the Chargers we see a ton of Gates, a ton of Sproles catching passes out of the backfield, limited amounts of an older (and I don't think very good anymore) LT, and possibly a jumpball or two in Jackson's direction. The other wild card is Norv Turner...of all the coaches in the league he's the one I like betting on the least. He's probably the 32nd best head coach in the NFL.

Jets will need to score quickly, to take the crowd out of it. I'm betting about a 50/50 split between Green and Jones. I don't know how the coaching staff feels about Braylon Edwards but if I were them I don't want to rely on him in a big spot. You just don't know which Edwards will show up. Sanchez can not turn the ball over, period. Even one turn over and the Jets chances of winning drop severly.

I think the Jets play well, but not well enough to win. 27-17 Chargers, but the game is closer than you think as the Chargers seal the game with a late touchdown.

Antonio gates is the only one that worries me. If I were coach I would stick Revis on him.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Antonio gates is the only one that worries me. If I were coach I would stick Revis on him.

Don't underestimate Vincent Jackson to though. You take Revis off of Jackson and he'll explode, hes an excellent downfield receiver. Obviously if Revis is covering him, he'll negate him, but that opens up Gates. It's pick your poison for you guys. Ill give you this though, you guys sort of faced a similiar situation against my Falcons when you had to cover Gonzalez and White. The Jets did a great job until the end. My pick may be to extreme now thinking about it, but I'll stick with it.

And @ Sly: LT wasn't bitching. In my opinion this guy is a pro's pro. He stuck with this team when they were TERRIBLE. I know you guys can't forget the pre-Brees/Rivers Chargers. No talent except LT, and i never remember any stories about him asking for a trade or complaining. There is no doubt in my mind that he deserves to win at least one with the Chargers.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Don't underestimate Vincent Jackson to though. You take Revis off of Jackson and he'll explode, hes an excellent downfield receiver. Obviously if Revis is covering him, he'll negate him, but that opens up Gates. It's pick your poison for you guys. Ill give you this though, you guys sort of faced a similiar situation against my Falcons when you had to cover Gonzalez and White. The Jets did a great job until the end. My pick may be to extreme now thinking about it, but I'll stick with it.

And @ Sly: LT wasn't bitching. In my opinion this guy is a pro's pro. He stuck with this team when they were TERRIBLE. I know you guys can't forget the pre-Brees/Rivers Chargers. No talent except LT, and i never remember any stories about him asking for a trade or complaining. There is no doubt in my mind that he deserves to win at least one with the Chargers.

I admired the old Ladainian as well. Last year though (i think it was last year?), when the chargers were in the playoffs, LT did not want to tough it out and play. He had a small injury and decided not to go in the game. That's bullshit. Especially considering how Rivers played a game with a broken leg(something like that). Character-wise, I don't see him the same way I use to.

TheBigCock

Benchwarmer
mcfarlane-toy-tomlinson-bench.png

metrocard

Legend
1. Strength of Schedule: Jets = 52% Opponent win %, Chargers = 45%
-The Chargers played 6 games against teams picking in the 10 of the draft (Raiders x2, Chiefs x2, Cleveland, and Washington)
-The AFC West was the AFC's weakest Division

2. The Chargers lost 2 games to teams that play a 3-4 blitzing scheme (Ravens + Steelers)
-The Browns who also play a 3-4, only lost by 7
-Rivers threw 2 picks against the Ravens Defense

3. The Chargers are 10th in Total Offense - 5th in passing, 31st in rushing vs. the Jets who's defense is 1st overall - 1st against the pass, 8th against the run
-The Chargers have not had a 100 yard rusher in 1 game all year

4. The Chargers Defense is 20th against the run giving up 120 yards per game, the Jets Rushing offense is 1st - 172 ypg

5. The Chargers may be 20th against the run, but they give up 4.5 yards per carry to their opponent.
-4.5 yards per carry is what the Jets offense averages and that stat is 3rd best in the league
-This means that tho the chargers only give up 120 ypg on the ground (20th), they are actually worse than you think at defending it. They merely force teams into passing more by getting ahead, which keeps the rushing numbers lower than they should be.

6. The Chargers receivers average the following Yards per catch: Floyd + Jackson = 17.2 and neither has more than 70 catches
-this means that the Chargers rely on big plays in the passing game and lack ball control; they are a quick strike team
-the Jets defense does not give up many big plays
-Gates has the most catches with 79 and he averages 14.6 a catch - I believe he is the X-factor in this game for the Jets

7. The Chargers opponents have passed more than they have 514 vs. 534
-this means the Chargers get up quickly and force teams to catch up by passing, which evens out the time of possession to 30 min each team

8. The Chargers Defense is 23rd in the league in 3rd down conversions, giving up a 1st down 40.4% of the time
-they have trouble forcing 3rd and longs because of their rushing defense

9. The Jets are 9-0 when Mark Sanchez does not throw an Interception
-Keep in mind the Jets were -2 in the Turnover Differential for the season and went 9-7 (8-0 when Mark throws 0 INTs)

LeFlume

All Star
Sanchez needs to start throwing the football. Jets have nothing to lose by doing so. Their running game isen't working. Spread the ball around.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
This is absolutely ridicoulous. The Jets are 6-0 when i make a bet against them this year. I made a bet against them in that Bengals game, and now the Chargers game.

4th quarter right now Jets up 17-7. WIth 7:17 to go

But they never win when i think they'll win.

We'll see how things end up though. Rivers can score in bunches.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
17-14 Jets...im stunned, shocked, terrified

They are now 7-0 this year when i predict against them wtf?

Colts gonna win for sure though

Colts 20
Jets 10

Colts going to the super bowl again

metrocard

Legend
Knicks, you're a fool...just stop it already.

Defense wins championships, and Jet's offense doesn't make that many mistakes anymore. Shonn Greene is developing into one of the most explosive backs in the league. We have the best rushing attack, the best offensive line, and the best overall defense, with the best defensive player in the LEAGUE and one of the best KICKERS.

This team is destined for a superbowl...stop hating.

Jets 20 Colts 17

KBlack25

Starter
Knicks, you're a fool...just stop it already.

Defense wins championships, and Jet's offense doesn't make that many mistakes anymore. Shonn Greene is developing into one of the most explosive backs in the league. We have the best rushing attack, the best offensive line, and the best overall defense, with the best defensive player in the LEAGUE and one of the best KICKERS.

This team is destined for a superbowl...stop hating.

Jets 20 Colts 17

In all fairness, metro, if Nate Kaeding hits two make-able field goals, the Jets are sitting home right now.

Colts defense plays a different style than the Chargers...they are incredibly fast, and with Peyton Manning at the helm, if this team gets a lead it's hard to get points back. Should be an interesting game, both teams have a little something extra to prove (The Jets that they can beat the Colts even if they play their starters, the Colts that the Jets can't beat them with their starters in).

Never underestimate Peyton Manning and how he can change the game.