all about the N.Y. JETS

LeFlume

All Star
Peyton Manning will pick them apart. I see minus the points cashing in ATS. I can't Imagine the Jets will score more than 17 and that won't be enough.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Knicks, you're a fool...just stop it already.

Defense wins championships, and Jet's offense doesn't make that many mistakes anymore. Shonn Greene is developing into one of the most explosive backs in the league. We have the best rushing attack, the best offensive line, and the best overall defense, with the best defensive player in the LEAGUE and one of the best KICKERS.

This team is destined for a superbowl...stop hating.

Jets 20 Colts 17

Actually it's better for Jets fans when i hate. Whenever I think they'll win, they lose. Whenever I think they'll lose theywin. Just look at my last two predictions, it's been like that the whole year. :/

Greene came outta nowhere in the middle of the year. Was that Leon Washington injury a blessing in disguise? Had to say it but it sorta was.

metrocard

Legend
A BLESSING????

Washington and Greene are BOTH EFFICIENT EXPLOSIVE running backs.

Jets overcame serious injuries with Jenkins and Washington, arguable two of their best players.

KBlacks, if if if. if Sanchez didn't throw an INT, Jets would of scored, if if if.

All that matters is what happens.

Jets owned the Chargers, and they're going to OWN the COLTS.

Peyton Manning is STOPPABLE, and Colt's defense isn't that strong. Jets beat this team before, and I don't care if they gave it away. You don't give games away in Sports, the type of teams who do normally don't make it to the superbowl. Colts suck, **** them. Lets go Jets.

KBlack25

Starter
KBlacks, if if if. if Sanchez didn't throw an INT, Jets would of scored, if if if.

All that matters is what happens.

Jets owned the Chargers, and they're going to OWN the COLTS.

Peyton Manning is STOPPABLE, and Colt's defense isn't that strong. Jets beat this team before, and I don't care if they gave it away. You don't give games away in Sports, the type of teams who do normally don't make it to the superbowl. Colts suck, **** them. Lets go Jets.

Oh, I don't doubt that a million ifs and 2.25 will get you a ride on the subway, but the Jets did not dominate that football game. They did not "own" the Chargers, they beat them in a nice game. But the Jets offense was not moving the ball all that well before the 4th quarter. But the Jets rushing offense wears teams out, if you noticed that 4th quarter the Chargers tackling was all out of wack (hence, Greene's amazing touchdown run), guys missing tackles they teach you how to make in high school. The issue for the Jets is this is not a defense that relies on their power. They have Freeney up front, but this team flies all over the field, it's almost like they have 12 guys out there.

Colts defense isn't strong, but they are fast and they tackle well. Undoubtedly, Peyton Manning is stoppable, but I'm not sure the Jets style stops a guy like Peyton Manning. Phil Rivers is a guy way overrated by the media, he's a decent QB but the fact is when the media says "He doesn't notice the pressure," and that's supposed to be a GOOD thing, well that's not good at all.

Manning is exceptional at picking up the blitz and changing the plays to understand it. I'm sure Ryan has a trick or two up his sleeve to disguise coverage, but no one in this league (maybe in history) understands defenses and what they are trying to do quite like Peyton Manning.

I think the Jets make it interesting though, anything can happen on any Sunday. You never know.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Oh, I don't doubt that a million ifs and 2.25 will get you a ride on the subway, but the Jets did not dominate that football game. They did not "own" the Chargers, they beat them in a nice game. But the Jets offense was not moving the ball all that well before the 4th quarter. But the Jets rushing offense wears teams out, if you noticed that 4th quarter the Chargers tackling was all out of wack (hence, Greene's amazing touchdown run), guys missing tackles they teach you how to make in high school. The issue for the Jets is this is not a defense that relies on their power. They have Freeney up front, but this team flies all over the field, it's almost like they have 12 guys out there.

Colts defense isn't strong, but they are fast and they tackle well. Undoubtedly, Peyton Manning is stoppable, but I'm not sure the Jets style stops a guy like Peyton Manning. Phil Rivers is a guy way overrated by the media, he's a decent QB but the fact is when the media says "He doesn't notice the pressure," and that's supposed to be a GOOD thing, well that's not good at all.

Manning is exceptional at picking up the blitz and changing the plays to understand it. I'm sure Ryan has a trick or two up his sleeve to disguise coverage, but no one in this league (maybe in history) understands defenses and what they are trying to do quite like Peyton Manning.

I think the Jets make it interesting though, anything can happen on any Sunday. You never know.

The Jets remind me of the Ravens from last year (obv Ryan was their D-cord). I think these Jets are better than the Ravens of last year to. But Manning is to good. He'll pick up those blitzes. And the Colts will win.

On a sidenote there has to be some kind of boycott against Derelle Revis. He's to good. It's not even fair lol. Anytime Rivers/Palmer even looked in his direction it'd be an EPIC FAIL.

metrocard

Legend
Jet dominated that game.
You know why?
They played their game.
Running the ball.
Low scoring, conservative.
DEFENSIVE football.
Whenever Jets play at that pace, they're the best in the NFL and no team can beat them (Except for the Saints or Vikings).
I'm not worried about the Colts at all.
Rivers is quality, and Jackson, Gates, mad WR's.

Joseph Addai is ASS. Colts have no running game.

Revis shut down better WR's than Reggie Wayne, NO PROBLEM...Dallas Clark is good, but so was Antonio Gates. Colts other WR's are pretty much average at best, they just have a great QB.

Peyton's weapons will be put on lock down, and they will not have a running game.

Colts and Chargers offensive are exactly the same, except Chargers had the better offense this year.

Indianapolis 26 ppg/363.1 YPG
San Diego 28 ppg/360.1 YPG

Colts defense?
They finished 24th in the NFL in stopping the run
126.5 yards allowed per game.

Who has the best rushing attack in the league? The Jets.
Colts are actually a weaker rushing team than the Chargers, so running the ball should be easier for the Jets.

LeFlume

All Star
No disrespect to you Jets fans but they are overachievers. Reality will kick in. Playing The Colts in their building is not an easy task.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
J! E! T! S!

JETS! JETS! JETS!

ny-jets-flight-crew(3).jpg

FROM REVIS' TWITTER ACCOUNT:

file_4b05a7216e2d6_bigger.jpg
Revis24

We ballers. Let's Go. People always hatin on u but we seem to prevail everytime just comin with the negativity and we will respond.

THE HATE JUST FUELS THE JETS. SO KEEP ON HATIN'.

dpryde

Benchwarmer
17-14 Jets...im stunned, shocked, terrified

They are now 7-0 this year when i predict against them wtf?

Colts gonna win for sure though

Colts 20
Jets 10

Colts going to the super bowl again

HAHAHAHAH KEEP HATING BITCH

Sly knows where its at. Your just a depressed Falcons fan. Maybe next year LOLOLOL

Jets-24
Colts-14

Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark: You 2 get a special invitation to Revis Island!!! Congratulationsssssss

metrocard

Legend
Overacheive?

This is expected.

Jets have the talent and quality to be 14-2
But underachieve to 9-7.

Best rushing offense, and best overall defense is the formula to winning in the playoffs.

Saints, Colts, Vikings, all play the same way, with Vikings only team having a great defense.

KBlack25

Starter
Saints, Colts, Vikings, all play the same way, with Vikings only team having a great defense.

Unequivocally the most false statement made on this thread.

You said Colts have no running game.

Vikings have All Day, a top-3 rusher in this league.

Saints running game is also fairly dynamic, with Bush stepping it up recently.

Both the Saints and Vikes run the ball WAY better than the Colts.

Saints have a bad defense? Not quite...Will Smith had the 2nd most sacks in the NFC this year, and outside of Darrelle Revis, Jabari Greer was the league's best shut down corner. The Saints defense gives up points because their offense is so vertical and they can score so quickly the defense is on the field a lot of the game.

What are you talking about?

metrocard

Legend
Vikings, Saints, Colts are very OFFENSE and heavily rely on their passing.

Is that hard for you to understand?

Colts - 7th in offense
Vikings - 2nd
Saints - 1st

Passing
Colts are 2nd
Saints are 4th
Vikings are 8th

Only obvious difference is that the Colts can't run the ball for shit, and Jets are a superior rushing team compared to the Vikings and Saints.
Saints are 6th, Vikings are 13th, Jets are #1, Colts are dead last.

Defensively speaking.

New Orleans is 26th in passing defense
21st in stopping the run
20th in points allowed per game

Minnesota is top 10 in points alowed per game
2nd in the NFL in stopping the run
19th in stopping the pass

Colts are 24th in stopping the run.
People talk about Manning.

But how the hell are the Colts going to stop Greene and Jones? They have NOBODY that can stop these two, and Jets offensive line will dominate the Colts.

Just stop HATING.

Jets are an ELITE ballclub, despite the 9-7 record.

They're as good as any of these teams.

jrdrny

Benchwarmer
^ No need to kiss ass.

Jets will suck next season.

New coach...eh, I'm too hyped about Rex, but we'll see.

The only mistake Jets made was let go of Pennington and put all their eggs in the basket for Favre.
yo we in the afc champship not that bad

KBlack25

Starter
You can look at net numbers, but these stats are flawed, they rely on the schedule faced...

Footballoutsiders.com has the best stats available, they are adjusted to a neutral playing field

The NFL determines the best players by adding up all their yards no matter what situations they came in or how many plays it took to get them. Now why would they do that? Football has one objective-to get to the end zone-and two ways to achieve that, by gaining yards and getting first downs. These two goals need to be balanced to determine a player's value or a team's performance.All the yards in the world aren't useful if they all come in eight-yard chunks on third-and-10.

Of course, the biggest variable in football is the fact that each team plays a different schedule. By adjusting each play based on the defense's average success in stopping that type of play over the course of a season, we get DVOA, or Defense-adjusted Value Over Average. Rushing and passing plays are adjusted based on down and location on the field; receiving plays are also adjusted based on how the defense performs against passes to running backs, tight ends, and wide receivers. Defenses are adjusted based on the average success of the offenses they are facing. (Yes, this is still called DVOA, for the sake of simplicity.)
Your net stats are archaic....

But even still, you say the Saints and Vikings have top 50% rushing games in the league...How then, pray tell, do they run the same exact offense as the Colts who have the worst? You aren't making sense...

Based on the numbers presented by Footballoutsiders.com, that adjusts for playing field, opponent and neutralizes the playing field accounting only for a player's individual effectiveness...

Pierre Thomas was the 5th most effective runner in the league
Adrian Peterson was the 12th most effective runner in the league
Joseph Addai was the 14th most effective runner in the league
Thomas Jones was the 23rd most effective runner in the league.

Net numbers don't matter as much as you think they do...like it says above, a guy who runs for 8 yards on third-and-ten has, yes, rushed for 8 net yards, but has not helped his team in any truly effective or meaningful way.

Based on overall defensive efficiency, yes the Jets are #1, but NO is ranked above Minnesota in their effectiveness in relation to time on the field and opposition played.

All you are doing is spouting net stats...yes, the Jets have the #1 running game, but that's because they have two effective runners as well as a heavy reliance on the running game. It's not a bad thing, it just skews the NET stats used by amateur football analysts that don't really know what they are talking about. Same can be said for the Colts, they rely on an injury prone Joseph Addai and have a QB who may be the best ever...obviously, they call more passing plays, and as such, the stats will be skewed in that direction.

Is it that hard to comprehend that if a team relies on the running game, and as such, calls more running plays, that they will get more running yards than a team that relies on the pass? I don't think so...This is the fundamental flaw in all the stats you sight, they do not account for extraneous factors beyond "The Jets called a run...The Colts called a pass".

Even still, you still haven't explained how the Colts and Saints and Vikings all run the same offense when you then admitted that the Saints and Vikings have top half in the league running games (even based on archaic net yard stats).

To clarify, I AM NOT SAYING THE JETS ARE NOT AS GOOD AS ANY OF THESE TEAMS. Quite the opposite, I think they have a puncher's chance versus the Colts. In the playoffs, if you can run the ball and play tough defense, you can win the whole thing (look at the Ravens from years ago). I'm just not convinced the Jets are any better than the Ravens (Ravens are the #2 defense and have a better #1 runner than do the Jets as well as a great backup). But the stats you post are so skewed and so awfully flawed that I had to correct it. Like I said, the Saints defensive numbers are also skewed...they spend so much time on the field because the offense is so vertical that they score at will and the defense spends a ton of time on the field. But Will Smith is still the 2nd best sack man in the game, and Jabari Greer is only really slightly worse than Darrelle Revis, he was an incredible shutdown corner this year, just nobody is talking about him.

Edit: Just wanted to throw this in there too, about the skewed net defensive numbers. Now, the Jets are the #1 defense when you adjust for everything. Their defense is a stone-wall, nobody is doubting that. But for the future, when you look at the numbers, consider this:

A team that is better at the run is more likely to be better on defense. Why? Ball Control

If a team that controls the ball and controls the clock for long periods of time gets up, this necessarily leaves their opponent with less time. This forces teams to take more risks, run for bigger, lower %age plays. That is, rushing helps increase time of possession. As you increase time of possession on offense, you decrease the amount of time the other team has the ball, and thus decrease the amount of time they have to score, thereby increasing the yardage you have to cover per minute. It takes away the run. AGAIN, I AM NOT SAYING THE JETS BENEFIT FROM THIS. It's just something to consider when looking at net defensive stats for a good team, take a peek at time of possession and rushing plays called, I guarantee it's high.

Last edited:

KBlack25

Starter
All that mouthful above said, I'd like to hear why anyone should think the Jets are different from the Ravens.

Jets have a strong running game with Jones/Greene, Ravens had a strong running game with Rice/McGahee.

Jets have a young, inexperienced QB with Sanchez, Ravens have a young, inexperienced QB with Flacco.

Jets have Rex Ryan's defense, Ravens have Rex Ryan's defense.

Jets have a shutdown DB in Revis, Ravens have a shutdown DB in Ed Reed.

Jets WR is likely their weak point, Ravens WR is their weak point.

Colts could stop Ray Rice, why are they unable to stop Shonn Greene?

I think the Jets stand a chance if they can control the clock, but there's a lot of evidence saying that this AFC Championship will just be Colts-Ravens 2.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
All that mouthful above said, I'd like to hear why anyone should think the Jets are different from the Ravens.

Jets have a strong running game with Jones/Greene, Ravens had a strong running game with Rice/McGahee.

Jets have a young, inexperienced QB with Sanchez, Ravens have a young, inexperienced QB with Flacco.

Jets have Rex Ryan's defense, Ravens have Rex Ryan's defense.

Jets have a shutdown DB in Revis, Ravens have a shutdown DB in Ed Reed.

Jets WR is likely their weak point, Ravens WR is their weak point.

Colts could stop Ray Rice, why are they unable to stop Shonn Greene?

I think the Jets stand a chance if they can control the clock, but there's a lot of evidence saying that this AFC Championship will just be Colts-Ravens 2.

the ravens are wack. flacco is garbage. ed reed is 31 years old and he ain't no shutdown player anymore. He's good, but not great like Revis.

kblack, you make it seem like the colts can shut down people every given sunday, and you know that's not true.

peyton will get smashed this next game. The Jets will beat him up so badly that he's going to need cooper manning's crutches :lol:

KBlack25

Starter
the ravens are wack. flacco is garbage. ed reed is 31 years old and he ain't no shutdown player anymore. He's good, but not great like Revis.

kblack, you make it seem like the colts can shut down people every given sunday, and you know that's not true.

peyton will get smashed this next game. The Jets will beat him up so badly that he's going to need cooper manning's crutches :lol:

I don't think the Colts can shut down people every Sunday. But I know last Saturday Ray Rice gained 65 yards. And Ray Rice is a premier RB. I don't see why they can't shut down Thomas Jones and a peaking Shonn Greene...But there's something to be said for shutting down a guy like Rice, you can't just ignore it and say their run defense is awful.

Will the Colts shut down GreeneJones? Well, I don't have a crystal ball. But they CAN do it. The Jets also CAN run over people. But Peyton won't beat himself. Peyton has a full game of Jets defensive schemes to study, believe he will be in the room studying their pressures and coverages.

Don't doubt that Rex can get creative, disguise his coverage, show two when none are coming, that sort of thing.

Also, one other thing, kickers v. the Jets this postseason are 0 for 5. That's the first time since like 8 years ago that ANY team, regular season or postseason, has seen kickers miss 5 in a row against them (granted one was a 57 yarder). Statistically, this is almost 100% luck (I guess holding teams in bad field position is skill - but consider that of the 4 field goals not from 57 yards out, kickers in the NFL made 85%). It's one thing to take touchdowns off the board and settle for field goals, but the Jets have seen touchdowns and field goals off the board for nothing. It will be interesting to see how field goals come into play.