The Knicks are Back
knicks.gif
@
Portland_Trail_Blazers_logo.png

Sunday,Feb.8th 6:00 pm
RoseGarden.jpg

This is the first gamethread hosted by DaTPRiNCE

4-pyramids-giza.jpg

Here is a look at how we matchup with the Blazers.

Knicks at Trail Blazers
<table class="tablehead tabularSpace" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead" align="right"><td> </td><td>W-L</td><td>PF</td><td>PA</td><td>HOME</td><td>ROAD</td><td>STK</td><td>L10</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>NYK</td><td align="right">21-28</td><td align="right">104.2</td><td align="right">106.6</td><td align="right">14-12</td><td align="right">7-16</td><td align="right">L3</td><td align="right">6-4</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td>POR</td><td align="right">30-19</td><td align="right">98.6</td><td align="right">95.0</td><td align="right">18-5</td><td align="right">12-14</td><td align="right">L2</td><td align="right">6-4</td></tr></tbody></table>
The Blazers are the better team, they are great at protecting homecourt as they are 18-5 at the rose garden so far this year. Well need a strong showing on both ends to come out with a W in this game.

Player to Watch on the Blazers
bk_AAHM129_8x10%7EBrandon-Roy-Posters.jpg

<table class="tablehead statCont" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="gamehead"><td colspan="4">2008-09 STATS</td></tr> <tr class="colhead playerStatSub"><td>PPG</td><td>APG</td><td>3P%</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow playerStats"><td>22.5</td><td>5.1</td><td>.390</td></tr></tbody></table>
Roy was huge down the stretch when the Blazers faced off against us at the Garden. He made the plays when they needed them and we had no answer to him. We'll need to try and contain him to win.

STARTING LINEUPS

por.gif
Portland Blazers

PG.
1994.jpg
<!-- begin playerStatCont -->

SG.
3027.jpg

SF.
3416.jpg

PF.
2983.jpg

C.
3225.jpg

AND NOW YOUR NEW YORK KNICKS.
knicksalternateht8.gif

KnicksCityDancers2.jpg

PHOTO_1350701_32034_2513986_main.jpg

PLAYER TO WATCH

bk_AAHR145_16x20%7EDavid-Lee-Posters.jpg

<!-- comp --> David Lee #42 PF

<!-- comp -->

<table class="tablehead statCont" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="gamehead"><td colspan="4">2008-09 STATS</td></tr> <tr class="colhead playerStatSub"><td>PPG</td><td>RPG</td><td>BPG</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow playerStats"><td>16</td><td>11.8</td><td>0.3</td></tr></tbody></table>
David Lee has really emerged into a great player and is only getting better. He's among the league leaders in rebounds per game and is second only to Dwight Howard in the league leaders in double-doubles and for someone who is 6'9 and playing C and undersized every night, you could make a strong argument that he should've been selected to the allstar team, look for him to have another huge game on the boards and on the offensive end.

x-factor.jpg

nate_robinson_lbj.jpg

Nate Robinson #4 PG
<!-- comp -->

<table class="tablehead statCont" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="gamehead"><td colspan="4">2008-09 STATS</td></tr> <tr class="colhead playerStatSub"><td>PPG</td><td>APG</td><td>SPG</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow playerStats"><td>15.2</td><td>3.6</td><td>1.4</td></tr></tbody></table>
I had a tough call for this one between Nate and Gallo but Nate plays alot of the minutes. Danilo will get his share of mins (around 20) and will get a good share of shots should knock a couple down and finish with about 9-13 points.Nate should look to attack the basket and will be a big part of what we do tonight im looking for Nate to have a big game and finish with like 22 points.

The Starting Lineup for your New York Knicks

PG.
2377.jpg

SG.
703.jpg

SF.
308.jpg

PF.
1717.jpg

C.
2772.jpg

This Lineup has a good mix of scoring and some defense Jeffries isn't gifted offensively, isn't known to score 20 let alone 10 but he causes problems on defense and does the little things that create havoc and never gives up on the plays.

Things To Watch

istockphoto_597801_eyes_looking_right.jpg

1. Knicks to come out firing
2. Lee to get his share of boards
3. Roy and Aldridge to cause problems
4. Nate and Chandler to work well together off the bench
5. This will be close game to the finish.

Coaches Chalkboard Keys to Win

Full_Screen_Chalkboard_Sample.JPG

portland_trail_blazers_logo.jpg

1. Attack Knicks thin inside defense
2. Get Knicks to play 1-on-1 rather then team ball
3. Roy,Roy and more Roy as the knicks have no equivalent

knicks.gif

1. Play as a team and move the ball
2. Keep our defense moving, thats when we play best
3. Get to the Line.

DP_First_Key.jpg
TO VICTORY

DEFENSE !

Crystal Ball Prediction
crystal-ball.jpg

knicks.gif

portland_trail_blazers_logo.jpg

*highlight from last game*

Song of the day:

Title: Troublesome 96
Artist: Tupac

4-pyramids-giza.jpg
tutankhamun.jpg

Join me next time.....this has been a DaTPRiNCE presentation

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Good game thread, Prince. For a moment there I thought the Knicks vs. Portland game was gonna be played in Egypt.lol

I'm looking for our Knicks to continue their good effort and hopefully someone (chandler?) Steps up in the 4th quarter. 0-4 would not be cool at all. Knicks win this game 112-108.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Good game thread, Prince. For a moment there I thought the Knicks vs. Portland game was gonna be played in Egypt.lol

I'm looking for our Knicks to continue their good effort and hopefully someone (chandler?) Steps up in the 4th quarter. 0-4 would not be cool at all. Knicks win this game 112-108.

LMAO thanks man, imagine that woulda been cool.

yea i doubt we go 0-for-4 this has been a tough week so far hopefully we end on a high note.

DaTPRiNCE sick game thread bro... Also great choice of song... Nicely done!

thanks man, next one hopefully will be even better. and yea that song is one of my favs.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Knicks cant go 0-4!!! Roy is a beast so he will get his points, we just have to limit the others. I like the pyramid, nice touch.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Very good thread. It's different from a lot of the other threads. I think the Trailblazers are going to win, but I expect the game to be close. The Knicks have done a good job of staying competitive throughout the season. Al Harrington, Chris Duhon, and David Lee are having breakout seasons.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Knicks cant go 0-4!!! Roy is a beast so he will get his points, we just have to limit the others. I like the pyramid, nice touch.

Very good thread. It's different from a lot of the other threads. I think the Trailblazers are going to win, but I expect the game to be close. The Knicks have done a good job of staying competitive throughout the season. Al Harrington, Chris Duhon, and David Lee are having breakout seasons.

thanks fellas, and yea abcd i just wanna put my own flavor to it you know it's actually pretty cool doing the threads i got alot of ideas i wanna input for my next thread

and yea it's gonna be a tough game to pull out seeing how the blazers are great on their homecourt but if we play efficient throughout we should be able to pull it out...its all about who wants it more.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Very good game thread Datprince...this is just as good as any other game thread.

Celtics and Spurs At 1
Lakers and Cavs at 3:30

Great games on today

Akamu

The King
Nice N' fresh Prince, you'll get better at it.

Do you like those city dancer uniforms? they look like some power ranger villain suites.

Kiyaman

Legend
Prince.....I like that....nice touch.

Portland Trailblazers (30-19)

Projected Blazers SL

PG: Sergio Rodriguez
SG: Brandon Roy
SF: Nicolas Batum
PF: Amare Stoud.....oops I mean LaMarcus Aldridhe
C: Greg Oden

Key Reserves: G Jerryd Bayless, G Rudy Fernandez, F Travis Outlaw, C Joel Przybilla

Knicks are headed for this layed back town called Portland or Egypt....where the athletic youth on that team just want to run run run....slowing Portland down is not that easy when they have Pyramid bigmen rebounders that got quick passing skillz....its all good....my Knicks will be 21-29 but....the back to back games next week vs GS & Clippers will have the Knicks with a 23-29 record which is a BIG Difference from having a 23-59 record.
Lets Go Knicks!!!

Red

TYPE-A
Nice Thread.

From Our previous encounter:

Roy, Blazers push past Knicks for fifth consecutive win

Dec. 2, 2008
CBSSports.com wire reports

NEW YORK -- The more Chris Duhon drove by them in the third quarter, the more the Portland Trail Blazers knew the fourth would be theirs.

And it was Rudy Fernandez, Joel Przybilla and the rest of the Blazers' deep bench that won it for them.

Brandon Roy scored 23 points, and Portland dominated the fourth quarter to beat the tiring New York Knicks 104-97 Tuesday night for their fifth straight victory.

"We had a group to come in and they got aggressive and we were able to gain control of the game," Portland coach Nate McMillan said. "And you know, when you're playing nine, 10 guys, if we play the way we condition ourselves to, we should be able to wear down some teams. I thought tonight, Duhon, in the third quarter he played well, but he looked like he wore down a little bit."

And McMillan made sure his players were aware.

"Yeah, we seen it. Coach said they're wearing down, they've got heavy legs, so let's keep trying to push it at them," Roy said. "Duhon played great tonight. They've got a number of guys that play hard, but in that fourth quarter you could see that our depth kind of outlasted them."

The Knicks have been playing basically seven players because of trades, injuries and the Stephon Marbury situation. Duhon played 44 minutes with a bad back and missed all three shots in a scoreless fourth quarter after scoring a season-high 23 through the first three

really nice thread you gave alot of analysis which only the great gamethread makers really do, good job. But i really think the knicks should pull this one out. As long as they force the issue on d which they have been doing ok recently, they'll be fine. The blazers are no cavs, lakers, or celtics. Depending on whos guarding roy (i say chandler) they should win this game.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Everyone usually says, "good game thread," regardless of whether the thread is good or not. I actually like this one, it's enjoyable to read, has some different sections and allows you to find all of the vital sections.

That being said, I think the Knicks have more of a chance, but this team, Portland, is 18-5 at home and is not likely to lose, IMO. I'll be rooting for them, but it's not likely.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
thanks fellas i appreciate it, i was always shaky about doing the gamethreads then JPZ signed my up for a few and luckily i learned how to post pics and videos just in time, i have alot of new ideas flowing and my next one will be even better....i might actually sign up for a few more then i already have

and yea i expect nothing short of a W tonight after 2 tough hard fought losses, we need a nice hard fought win to make it feel sweeter loll

and akamu i like those city dancers uniforms although my favorite ones are the all white uniforms those are sexy

quiggle

Starter
great thread DaTPRiNCE, Pac joint is dope as well.

too bad we don't get to see Frye tonight, the road trip each game with a former Knick.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
yea man i kinda wanted to face Frye, he had his moments when he was a Knick but was never going to be that player

thanks man,and yea i love that song

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I have a feeling that wilson chandler is gonna come thru and have a good game. I'm looking at 22 points and 4 asts.

JayJ44

Starter
Gallo is starting tonight! Should be cool to see him with more minutes.

So far, all the teams I was rooting for won today (Lakers and Spurs). Hopefully the Knicks can pull a win and make my day. Brandon Roy will probably be our biggest problem. If I remember right, the last time we played Pryzbilla gave us problems too. This will be tough, but we can do it if we shoot lights out and play defense.