We Could Have Waited Before Trading Z-Bo and Craw! (STAT IS GETTING SHOPPED!)

Scribbles

Rotation player
Trade rumors are flying right now and either Amare and/or Shaq is definitely getting traded.

They're both being shopped to multiple teams.

With that said, we were well advised before trading away our two tandems in Jamal and Zach.

Not only will we probably have a winning record...

But we could have easily attained STAT for either one of those players. Instead, we will probably never have a chance at acquiring him unless we get rid of Lee. ...or wait till 2010.

Think about it: We could have had Lee + Amare!

Instead we have Al Harrington and Tim Thomas.

Donnie Walsh takes another L. :boohoo:

smokes

Huge Member
We could still trade away Harrington and try to preserve Lee. Although Harrington is a decent player his consistency is lacking and personally I just don't rate these "bigs" who can't post up and only shoot from outside.

However it would have to be Harrington + Chandler + Nate or something, to make the contracts match, or get a third team involved.

I doubt Amare is attainable sadly. And you're right, the return we got for Zbo and Crawford was pretty negligible. Harrinton, ok... Not too bad, Tim Thomas and Mobley? Sigh.

JayJ44

Starter
You're serious? You think we could have gotten Amare with Z-Bo and/or Crawford? Z-Bo was alright, but his contract is HUGE. He actually makes about the same as Amare, but isn't nearly the player that Amare is. Plus, one of the reasons they want to trade Amare is to save money. Z-Bo has a longer contract for more money than Amare, so that wouldn't make much sense. Crawford was a bum, sorry to say. He played no defense, and was just a chucker. He had no ability to drive to the basket, and he was overpaid. The Suns wouldn't want either of these players.

And as far as the Z-Bo trade, we should have been happy to get rid of his contract. Maybe skill wise it was a little uneven, but no team wants that huge contract for a player like Zach.

Red

TYPE-A
Trade rumors are flying right now and either Amare and/or Shaq is definitely getting traded.

With that said, we were well advised before trading away our two tandems in Jamal and Zach.

But we could have easily attained STAT for either one of those players. Instead, we will probably never have a chance at acquiring him unless we get rid of Lee. ...or wait till 2010.

No sense crying over spilled milk, that was another on the long list of what could've been. Not too many teams have an Expiring Marbury Contract (for Shaq) or Lee plus what is probably going to be a high 1st rd pick to offer to trade. So keep your fingers crossed. Someone will bite :crossfingers:

quiggle

Starter
it's strictly business but I doubt Phoenix will be dealing with the Knicks anytime due to D'Antoni.

smokes

Huge Member
You're serious? You think we could have gotten Amare with Z-Bo and/or Crawford? Z-Bo was alright, but his contract is HUGE. He actually makes about the same as Amare, but isn't nearly the player that Amare is. Plus, one of the reasons they want to trade Amare is to save money. Z-Bo has a longer contract for more money than Amare, so that wouldn't make much sense. Crawford was a bum, sorry to say. He played no defense, and was just a chucker. He had no ability to drive to the basket, and he was overpaid. The Suns wouldn't want either of these players.

And as far as the Z-Bo trade, we should have been happy to get rid of his contract. Maybe skill wise it was a little uneven, but no team wants that huge contract for a player like Zach.

Well they want a forward. Zach is a productive forward. A Zach + Nate or Zach + Chandler deal might have landed him for us, but who knows and as Red said, what's done it done.

Red

TYPE-A
KNICKS: David Lee, Nate Robinson and Stephon Marbury

? See this trade in the ESPN Trade Machine
Why they'd do it: The Knicks want to lure LeBron to New York and have planned on trying to add two superstars in the summer of 2010. If they can get one now ? why not do it? Adding Stoudemire to the mix would electrify the fan base in New York, and you know Mike D'Antoni knows how to get the best out of Amare. To make this deal work under the cap, the Suns would have to include Barbosa. But no worries, the Knicks need guards, too.

Lee is the type of player Kerr is looking for. He rebounds, plays defense, hustles on every play and is still young. Obviously, the Suns would waive Marbury quickly to end his second stop in Phoenix and be able to drop $10-12 million in payroll next summer.

Why they wouldn't: If the Knicks add Barbosa and Stoudemire, they would have room to pursue LeBron in the summer of 2010 but no one else. Are they really ready to put all their eggs in that one basket?

As for the Suns, if money is the main issue, will they be able to keep Lee and Robinson? Both are restricted free agents this summer, and Lee, especially, likely will command a rich deal ? perhaps too rich for Sarver's wallet.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=amaredealscenario-090207

JayJ44

Starter
Well they want a forward. Zach is a productive forward. A Zach + Nate or Zach + Chandler deal might have landed him for us, but who knows and as Red said, what's done it done.

Kerr and Porter want a forward who plays defense. That doesn't describe Zach lol.

Paul1355

All Star

this is why i said during the off season that if trade anyone it should be either before the season or at the trade deadline.

We got nothing for ZBO...a season ending Cuttino Mobley ad a stupid Tim Thomas who has horrible basketball awarness.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
That was a great trade in both cases by Donnie Walsh. How is he or anyone to predict the future?

What a stupid thread

TunerAddict

Starter
That was a great trade in both cases by Donnie Walsh. How is he or anyone to predict the future?

What a stupid thread

This....

Same people that thought we shoulda taken a 2nd rounder for Zach in the summer now think we should have traded him to get rid of his contracts...

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I'm not a fan of the Zach Randolph or Jamal Crawford trades, because I thought the Knicks could have gotten more out of both of those trades, but it is what it is. Hopefully the Knicks can sign Lebron James or Dwyane Wade in 2010. In my opinion, the Knicks can still trade for Amare Stoudamire. They would just have to offer Lee and some other contracts to make the deal match. That's if the rumors are true of course.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
This....

Same people that thought we shoulda taken a 2nd rounder for Zach in the summer now think we should have traded him to get rid of his contracts...
Sorry, I can't see how you're referring to my reply here? Why did you quote me? I can't see the relevance. I certainly never said that

Red

TYPE-A
Daily News

This isn't good for us.

? The fast-sinking Raptors are looking to shake things up and have talked to the Suns about trading Amare Stoudemire. But unless they decide to part with Chris Bosh, chances are slim that Raptors president Bryan Colangelo will get the All-Star power forward he drafted out of high school in 2002 when he was Phoenix?s top basketball executive. Bosh has missed the last two games with a sprained knee and his future in Toronto, beyond 2010 - when he becomes a free agent - is up in the air. So Toronto might be forced to get something for him. Detroit has been linked to Bosh in 2010, so it's entirely possible that the Pistons will try to make it a three-way deal. Detroit's Tayshaun Prince is being mentioned as one of the primary players who would end up with the Suns.

Red

TYPE-A
Duhon
Q Rich
Harrington
Gallo
Amare

Bench:
N8
Chandler
Thomas
Jeffries
:crossfingers:

quiggle

Starter
the Bulls or Heat will probably end up getting STAT, I don't know why some people think a Western Conference team would be getting him.

Scribbles

Rotation player
If Amare heads to MIA.

We could kiss Wade goodbye.

Unless MIA ****s up with both players on the court.

quiggle

Starter
they also said New Jersey might be in the mix, imagine that. you don't think LeBron would want to head over to the Nets now with Jay Z and STAT?

<-- new to the forum.

If we trade lee and some other player that not a great impact,probably Q.Rich I think it a good chance. I would like STAT in NY with chris duhon n nate it would be a great duo. I think like lee in big games, he not there or just make foolish plays. I not a fan of lee.