We Have To Trade David Lee.

TunerAddict

Starter
Lee can't defend because he doesn't want to, he just has slow feet. Quick feet are key to playing defense. Quick feet which he doesn't have.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
DLee is a good solid player for the Knicks at a time when we don't have many. A larger presence on the boards for one of, if not, THE smallest team in the league is a valuable asset to us at this point in the season. Even if it means a first round sweep I would like the knicks to make the playoffs this year. I don't see that happening without DLee, who is one of the best players on the team right now.

We could just hold on to him and then move him in the offseason in a sign and trade move (like the crawford trade). The biggest thing for the knicks right now is positioning to get a contending starting 5 in 2010. I think a move to get LBJ and bosh would be the best move for the Knicks and anything aside from that should be a secondary prioity. Anything that jepordises that should be eliminated if possible.

I like D.Lee as much as the next Knicks fan, but I like winning a lot more.

Also, D.Lee is quoted after the celtics game assaying "This is the be 0 and 3 week of my career"... Thats not really the attitude the young guy should have and i think it's reflective of Knicks Basketball right now. I wouldn't mind a shake up if it meant that we would have a hunger for WINS.

I think he meant that we almost won everyone of those games against the 3 best teams in the NBA. He was arguably the MVP of all 3 games for us and we were in a position to win all three.

Red

TYPE-A
I just analyzed Lee and lost all my info. Here's what I recall in a nutshell: Good offensive numbers 27th in pt/reb/asst, 2nd to Howard in double doubles, 3rd in Reb, 59th in scoring etc...here's what the #'s don't tell. He's a great compliment player but with another big his #'s will fall. His lack of size and athleticism means he can't guard upper echeleon PF/C. His limited off. game means we can't go to him consistantly or dwn the stretch. His #s are inflated as a buy product of the system which illustrates the importance of a better all around big in this system. His #s are from reb and put backs. A good role player 6th man. Upgrade while he has value. Any ?'s.

p0nder

Starter
I also believe in Donnie's ability to bring this team around. Hell if he can turn those bums in Indiana into Champs, I have high hopes for a Knicks Dynasty!

And yes, you are correct in saying that DLee was the hardest working guy on the floor for those games (with maybe the exception of Kobe) and that it was REAL basketball in the Garden.

However, I think this guy has been in this slump with the knicks so long that he's forgotten what it's like to win! Not saying that it's really his fault, just saying that this attitude has developed in NYK basketball and its become so absorbed into the community that now even the emotional leader on our team is HAPPY with an 0 and 3 stretch.

Can you see Patrick Ewing ever saying that in his life???

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
To me, I see him in the pick and roll with Duhon and I see the future of the Knicks. Yes when we get a superstar his scoring will go down but he is a beast on the boards.

I don't see him as a 6th man, I see him as an all star PF starting on a Knick championship contender team along side Wade or LBJ. He has gotten better each year, is young and plays his heart out.

I think his D problems are overblown since he plays undersized against most centers in the league.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Why does it seem like we always trade our best guys instead of adding better players in ADDITION to them? Lee can flat out rebound and can finish with either hand better than 95% of the NBA.

That pick n roll with him and Duhon is a beautiful thing and will only get better as they both mature. To trade Lee without getting a SUPERSTAR would be a big mistake.

These guys will be in the playoffs next year guaranteed! We will be championship contenders once we add that one superstar lacking since Ewing was traded.

PS I rather have Dlee over STAT any day.

clumsy

Rotation player
he's not Anderson Varejao cuz he can't play D. I do agree he is a good complimentary player to a defensive minded center.

Red

TYPE-A
To me, I see him in the pick and roll with Duhon and I see the future of the Knicks. Yes when we get a superstar his scoring will go down but he is a beast on the boards.

I don't see him as a 6th man, I see him as an all star PF starting on a Knick championship contender team along side Wade or LBJ. He has gotten better each year, is young and plays his heart out.

I think his D problems are overblown since he plays undersized against most centers in the league.

It's not overblown as you stated he is undersized and limited athletically. His numbers are a product of this system- he's not doing anything special. More shots = more reb. and more easy put back points. We aren't saying he sucks we're saying his expiring contract and inflated #s make him ideal as a trade piece for an UPGRADE. 2 time allstar, all NBA defense Amare is better in all important stats. Like Francesa said he's in an easy system- his #s are inflated.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
It's not overblown as you stated he is undersized and limited athletically. His numbers are a product of this system- he's not doing anything special. More shots = more reb. and more easy put back points. We aren't saying he sucks we're saying his expiring contract and inflated #s make him ideal as a trade piece for an UPGRADE. 2 time allstar, all NBA defense Amare is better in all important stats. Like Francesa said he's in an easy system- his #s are inflated.

Amare lacks heart and is injury prone. I agree the system favors Lee but that does not mean he wont put numbers up with the addition of a superstar or two. (god willing) He does everything we need if we just had a superstar scorer and a decent defensive big man. What more can you ask from a PF? I know you will say defense but that is just one thing made up by his rebounding and efficiency scoring.

TunerAddict

Starter
I hate the inflated numbers argument. Stupid ass argument. There is no such thing as "inflated numbers." They got all those points and boards.

Are Wilt's number inflated cuz of the era? Are The Big O's as well?

Are Jordan's because of the rule changes? From his system and shot attempts?

Are Lebron's from the even newer rule changes? From his system? From the fact that he always has the ball?

Stat "inflation" is nonexistent. Every point, every board is earned. Do you get more shots per game in Dantoni's offense? Sure. But games vary. Some games score more than others, etc... What are slow teams like the spurs? Are their stats deflated?

This whole inflation argument is just pure bullshit used to discredit someone.

Supermansdaddy

Benchwarmer
Amare lacks heart and is injury prone. I agree the system favors Lee but that does not mean he wont put numbers up with the addition of a superstar or two. (god willing) He does everything we need if we just had a superstar scorer and a decent defensive big man. What more can you ask from a PF? I know you will say defense but that is just one thing made up by his rebounding and efficiency scoring.

How about the theory that his numbers would get even better playing with a guy like Bron.
So much attention would be paid to Bron / Wade, Lee would be able to put up even bigger numbers. The guy is a player, and his rebound numbers are NOT a product of this system. He averaged 10 board a game last year off the bench. That right there proves he can board no matter what the system. You can say his scoring is up due to the run and gun style, fine. But instead of averaging 16, he may average 14. Or if you project his growth, in 2 years, he may average 17 instead of 19 in a run and gun system. So i'll say 17 and 12 out of your PF consistently, is fantastic.

Mr_3037

Rookie
To trade or not to trade......

I am only able to watch the Knicks games every now and again as we dont get much coverage over here in Australia, let alone of NYK games, but from what i have seen both on TV and the NET, D-Lee is our best player for the fact he is most consistant....

I believe it was TR1LL1ON that said a couple of pages back that what we need is a true centre.....now I am not sure if TR1LL1ON meant to play along side Lee but that's the way I would go....

Red

TYPE-A

Amare lacks heart? If Lee did "everything we need" we wouldn't need a decent defensive big man. In order to "add" a superstar we need to either draft, trade or sign one. His value allows us to trade for one so what's the issue? Make no mistake, he's not trash that I want to get rid of, instead he is an asset that needs to be turned into an "Upgrade" meaning someone who can do what he does
better, and add more defensive presence.

Let's not attach ourselves to mediocre players because of loyalty (b/c we drafted him). He is scrappy, hustles and is unselfish. Very good traits that we have lacked for years, I know. But yet limited in his own right. Like I said he isn't exactly a go to guy, he's a role player at the end of his contract. If we can upgrade for him now is the time...nuff said!

BTW...if given a choice I would trade Nate before Lee.

rumor has it the hornets owner is having financial trouble, which is the reason why their have been the rumors of trading chandler.
i'd trade lee and rose for tyson in a heartbeat.
New Orleans Hornets

<table class="tablehead" style="clear: both;" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead"><th colspan="2">Incoming Players</th></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35">
739.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Malik Rose
Salary: $7,647,500 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 1.6 REB: 1.9 AST: 0.5 PER: -3.26
</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35">
2772.jpg
</td><td valign="top">David Lee
Salary: $1,788,033 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 16.2 REB: 11.8 AST: 1.9 PER: 18.76
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Outgoing Players: Tyson Chandler
nyk.gif
New York Knicks

<table class="tablehead" style="clear: both;" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead"><th colspan="2">Incoming Players</th></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35">
984.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Tyson Chandler
Salary: $11,350,000 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 8.8 REB: 8.3 AST: 0.5 PER: 14.18
Outgoing Players: Malik Rose, David Lee

Martice

Rookie
I like David Lee. However, when we play teams like Philly and any other athletic team, that's when he struggles. Mind you, he has been out sized most of the time in the middle and he has played well enough given the circumstances. Saying that, he struggles when he meets a powerful power forward or athletic small forward. He really struggles when he has to guard any player that has combination of the two.

He give his all every night, like Nate does but like Nate, there will be nights when his game can be exploited on defense.

If Nate and David didn't give the effort that they did, neither one of them would have a career.

TunerAddict

Starter
_______√ictory_______;83585 said:
rumor has it the hornets owner is having financial trouble, which is the reason why their have been the rumors of trading chandler.
i'd trade lee and rose for tyson in a heartbeat.
New Orleans Hornets

739.jpg
2772.jpg
</td><td valign="top">David Lee
Salary: $1,788,033 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 16.2 REB: 11.8 AST: 1.9 PER: 18.76
nyk.gif
New York Knicks

984.jpg
Outgoing Players: Malik Rose, David Lee

New Orleans Hornets

2782.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Nate Robinson
Salary: $2,020,179 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 15.3 REB: 3.8 AST: 3.6 PER: 17.71
739.jpg
nyk.gif
New York Knicks

984.jpg
Outgoing Players: Nate Robinson, Malik Rose

Just outdid your trade...

New Orleans Hornets

2782.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Nate Robinson
Salary: $2,020,179 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 15.3 REB: 3.8 AST: 3.6 PER: 17.71
739.jpg
nyk.gif
New York Knicks

984.jpg
Outgoing Players: Nate Robinson, Malik Rose

Just outdid your trade...
wonderful.you swapped lee with nate.
now we can trade lee somewhere else.
i just don think the hornets would that that trade.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
^^^ there's no way they take nate and malik for tyson. They would be even more undersized. Chris would be all over nate for going one on one all the time.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
I just analyzed Lee and lost all my info. Here's what I recall in a nutshell: Good offensive numbers 27th in pt/reb/asst, 2nd to Howard in double doubles, 3rd in Reb, 59th in scoring etc...here's what the #'s don't tell. He's a great compliment player but with another big his #'s will fall. His lack of size and athleticism means he can't guard upper echeleon PF/C. His limited off. game means we can't go to him consistantly or dwn the stretch. His #s are inflated as a buy product of the system which illustrates the importance of a better all around big in this system. His #s are from reb and put backs. A good role player 6th man. Upgrade while he has value. Any ?'s.

Thank you. Everyone seemed to forget how his stats were way low at the beginning of the season with Z-Bo.