New York Knicks @ Los Angeles Clippers Game Thread 2/11/09

Who will have the game high points for tonight's game?

• David Lee

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Danilo Gallinari

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Al Harrington

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Zach Randolph

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters

p0nder

Starter
So this is a great question.. All star break right now a good thing or bad thing?

Good thing. We need time to reflect on these losses. Coaches and players need to study tapes and understand where they were on the defensive end of the court. I just see a serious lack of effort on the defensive end of the court and I hope these players recognize it and try to adjust their game plan.

Our point's against avg. is wayy too high. We can run and gun and get a double double for a bunch of our players, but if we don't stop the other team from scoring on us then what's the point? Are we padding these stats to make the players more juicy in a trade deal? And if we are why can't we still play defense, still play to WIN? losses to teams like the warriors and clippers are embarrasing. The players and coaching staff should be hella embarrased with their efforts right now. I hope they are and I hope it inspires them to work harder to get us some of those much needed WINS.:crossfingers:

Kiyaman

Legend
its immoral and unproductive how duhon's been starting the whole season(not sayin he aint held his own with 10 ppg and 8apg)...but it doesnt make any sense why walsh and dantoni gave him so much privilege.....i thought he was gona be comin off the bench for robinson.....i just dont get how u let a guy who avg'ed 5 career ppg(36%fg) start over nate, an up & comin excitin talent who had 12 ppg the previous season

the knicks lack firepower consistently cuz duhon is a slow tactical type pg controllin the game TOO MUCH and not really causin confusion.....nate is both fast and tactical, so u know that'll open up players quicker and easier(dantoni probly wouldnt have to run so many players either)

makes me puke death

Cosign!

Duhon....who dat?
Nate pushed the ball up court and put all his teammates in on the offense with his passing skillz to take us to a game we was supposed to win in regulation.....he was the only reliable player on this Knick team to play the PG position....and DAMN! did Nate play it great.
I thought coach Dantoni was going to beech-slap Harrington for hanging on the rim the way he was yelling and screaming at Harrington. When Harrington finally slashed to the hoop to come-up with an and-1....I thought Dantoni was going to call a time out before the foul-shot to apoligize to Harrington while letting him know if u miss this foul shot I will kill u.

When they kept passing the ball back to Nate with only 5 or less seconds on the shot clock his job was to back-up and take that 3-point shot for the high bouce off the rim for an offensive-rebound so I have no complaints on his bad 3-point %....to mention Nate's climb of one rebound short of a "Tripple-Double" or the 5 steals plus help-defense so his teammates can get a steal....and what about the 1 turnover in 51 minutes of playingtime....my only beef with Nate is he personally left his homeboy David Lee out of his offensive attack throughout the game when Nate knew Lee would've took advantage of Zach Randolph no defense policy.

Kiyaman

Legend
Well....after reading so many Knick-Forums game threads.....Dantoni got Knick-Fans sounding like the Phoenix Fans did the past few seasons, "Where's the DEFENSE!" or "we needed a Stop!". Let's stop blaming this or that player for not playing defense....when we all need to stop acting like we are senile and dont know the reason why Dantoni is not coaching his 50 win Phoenix Suns Team this season.

Nate the Great put it on the Clippers last night for 51 minutes of playingtime running the point....recording only 1 turnover to 15 assist throughout the game.....Wilson Chandler is a 20 point player alongside of Nate pushing the ball (u dont break that tandem up)....Jefferies looked more comfortable alongside of the Nate & Chandler tandem then he do with the Duhon, Lee, and Harrington trio....we should be wondering about what happen to the suprise performance of "Nate and Lee" combination show we LUV to see the past 3 previous seasons....Dantoni & Duhon placed a wrench in the middle of it....Lee had to keep verbally wispering to Nate to run a play for him last night when in the past the two had an eye contact chemistry that used to have us standing-up shock & suprise in MSG at their energy hustling performance together.

I hope everyone got a chance to see my replacement for Marbury in this Clipper game Rookie Eric Gordon.....whom I thought we would select if we couldn't pull off a trade to get OJ Mayo on draft night....all FIVE of my draft selection with the 6th pick proved to be "NBA-Ready" to help improve a "23 win team".....OJ Mayo, Eric Gordon, Westbrook, Brook, and Bayless.
Out of the 52 games the Knicks played this season Gallo have 13 games under his belt showing some great talent in many areas....but he is not NBA-Ready this season and probably won't be next season....he is a 19 year old player with multi-talents that should be in college this season and next season to become a top 3 pick.
I'm ready for all the Gallo-Fans bashing.....my back is 2 u.

6.9 Al Harrington was exposed by his ex-teammate 6.3 Baron Davis whom defended Al throughout this Knick vs Clipper game....Al Harrington was reduced to our first two years of having 6.10 Tim Thomas as our starting Knick SF during the 2004-5 season.....whom could'nt shoot over 6.4 to 6.6 defenders giving us a big empty space at the SF position so we traded our rebounding defensive PF Kurt Thomas for SF-Q.Brick....not to mention we had to draft a SF out of the last 4 draft classes. It does'nt take a genius to know that the Pacers put Jalen Rose, Artest, and Steven Jackson before Harrington....but I rather have Harrington on the Knicks roster than Crawful.

Last edited:

Toons

is the Bo$$
we all know nate can do that....but can he night in and night out?

duhon has been mad consistent

stop hating on him

he n lee are the most consistent players on the knicks

Kiyaman

Legend
we all know nate can do that....but can he night in and night out?

duhon has been mad consistent

stop hating on him

he n lee are the most consistent players on the knicks

That is what the thread is saying....coach Dantoni been favoring Duhon over Nate and some....and he started favoring Zach over Lee untill the complimentary player in Lee showed up in every game....Dantoni giving Duhon the "GREEN-LIGHT" privledge to call all the shots for 41 minutes a game....well last night was Nate's first time this season with that oportunity....and he showed a little of everything he could do to the average NBA team in the league if given the opportunity.

There is no HYPE in Duhon, Nate, Chandler, or Lee on this Knick-Team....and there should be no reason to compare their performance against each other....I just wish we had a better suit of teammates to put in a rotation with them....they could use a defensive coach to make Dantoni's offense ledgit to win the big games.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Crawford has the worst losing percentage in the NBA; its getting worse since he's on the Warriors...I never understood why people would label him clutch.

Harrington is lame too...he's a 6th man at best...dude is wreckless and doesn't use his talents well.

Harrington needs to drive to the basket more...

Right now Harrington is Antonie Walker...without the IQ.

i kno, dats whats frustrating, he really trynna be "that guy" and forgets about the team.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Nate and Chandler almost won us the game by themselves, Nate showed he's a keeper, but that was a tough/bad loss.....cant help but look at that dunk by Harrington *smh* but we lost as a team because whenever we were up we kept letting them back in the game

TunerAddict

Starter
Defensive unison was the losing factor. Guys double teaming when they shouldn't, not calling out screens, sometimes not even guarding anyone!

TunerAddict

Starter
Still don't see why you're acting like Nate kept our team in the game scoring wise...

He shot 13-28 from the field and 2-11 from downtown...

Thats an average shooting percentage overall and a terrible percentage from beyond 3. He deserves just as much criticism over taking dumb shots as Harrington, because both of those guys wouldn't know a good shot if it hit them in the dick.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Jeffries played better than he usually does.

I saw the whole 4th quarter. And OT. Harrington cost us. Simple

He went like 1-5 IN OT, missing 2 straight 3 pointers.. ON THE SAME POSSESION.

And that technical? Man, don get me started.

This guy has horrible shot selection. Sum mo BS.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
loll yea....they played great i wish Chandler will play like this more.

Wilson Chandler has a lot of potential. He just has to post up and drive to the basket more often. He settles for too many 3 pointers, like a lot of other players on the Knicks(Quentin Richardson*, Al Harrington, Nate Robinson).

*especially

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Still don't see why you're acting like Nate kept our team in the game scoring wise...

Thats an average shooting percentage overall and a terrible percentage from beyond 3. He deserves just as much criticism over taking dumb shots as Harrington, because both of those guys wouldn't know a good shot if it hit them in the dick.

nate robinson is the reason we didnt lose by 50 the last two games

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Wilson Chandler has a lot of potential. He just has to post up and drive to the basket more often. He settles for too many 3 pointers, like a lot of other players on the Knicks(Quentin Richardson*, Al Harrington, Nate Robinson).

*especially

:teeth::teeth: when he plays inside he's a beast and then that opens up his outside game he needs to realize that he's alot bigger and stronger then the guys who guard him...

Kiyaman

Legend

Nate took 28 shots and recorded 33 points....anything under 28 points mean he had a bad shooting night. Iverson, Kobe, and Pierce will fake a shot to get their defender in the air so they could jump into him for the foul....so what they missed the shot they are going to the line for 2 points.

Wilson Chandler is in his second season in the NBA....last season this time Chandler was DNP every game from the start of the season....Chandler worked out hard with Nate Robinson the last two offseasons....so his trust and jellin with Nate gets him 16 or more points a game.
Duhon never looks for a moving Chandler in his offense so any points Chander gets it's considered hustle points.

Nate and Chandler like to run.....while Duhon, Lee, and Harrington likes the pace of a halfcourt game.

metrocard

Legend

*especially

Chandler has no heart.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I forgot to post in this thread, but i wanted to comment on Nates 33 points, 15 assits, 9 rebounds, and 4 or 5 steals. :shock2:

Cant believe he just missed the triple double, that sucks. He'll get one at some point.