as a ny met fan, they ain't winning a damn thing without manny.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
the NL is better then it was back then, imo they need to be cheap and get him already, the angels got Abreu for a bargain at 5 mil! the mets coulda done that and we all know they need a OF

_______√ictory_______;84233 said:
was soooooooo close winning it all?
no tuner.
they've choked the last two seasons.
theyve choked the last 3 seasons. In 06 the world series was theirs and home run heilman gave up that shot to... yadier molina of all people.

Paul1355

All Star
_______√ictory_______;84081 said:
simple as that.

agreed

Hasn't Omar Minaya figured out that he blew two playoff chances because of poor hitting and absolutely no clutch hitting?

Anybody remember two years ago...the last game to go to the playoffs against the Natonals...Mets lost 1-0....no offensive production.

Manny would carry that team to the world series.

Manny would be a great fit for the Mets and i think this is going to bite Omar in the ass when his team struggles...again...offensively.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
agreed

Hasn't Omar Minaya figured out that he blew two playoff chances because of poor hitting and absolutely no clutch hitting?

Anybody remember two years ago...the last game to go to the playoffs against the Natonals...Mets lost 1-0....no offensive production.

Manny would carry that team to the world series.

Manny would be a great fit for the Mets and i think this is going to bite Omar in the ass when his team struggles...again...offensively.
I dont think you should put all the blame on Omar... Blame the wilpons.... Pay MANNY! plain and simple... Take a chance... The wilpons are to damn cheap. I'm surprised they gave K-Rod as much as they did.

quiggle

Starter
it's a shame such a beautiful and traditional name such as Shea is getting replaced by a filthy unfeeling corporate name.

metrocard

Legend
Mets need a reliable CLUTCH power bat that can hit for average...and do everything possible.

Well, every team needs that; but the Mets played themselves on not acquiring Vlad when they had the chance.

Not pursuing Manny to the max is such a shame and a mystery.