Heat trade Marion to Raptors

Red

TYPE-A
For J O'Neal. Heard on radio and ?m writing on my phone so I can't post link. Someone please post- thanks. BTW I just saw a Raptors game, he still looks pretty good (no homo). Your thoughts...

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
shawn marion and marcus banks for jermaine o'neal and jamario moon

I think the biggest factor is o'neals health. Hes become T-mac status.

Starks

Starter
This is just the start. There's gone be tons of deals to shed players off teams. People need to realize how important the recession is to owners.

There's talk of owners losing HUNDREDS of Millions of dollars in the past few months. When you take a hit like that, you don't give a fukkkkkk about fans and your pet basketball team. Would you?

Owners are just looking to slash money and get out of contracts.

Look at the Mets and their owner's refusal to sign Manny Ramirez evan though it made the most sense.

Blas

Benchwarmer
We aren't getting STAT. Kerr refuses to trade with us.

I do not think this trade will improve Toronto this year. Marion doesn't play with heart anymore. I do not think he cares one way or the other. And Toronto gave up a good role player in Moon.

This trade doesn't help Miami much either. Plus they added a bigger contract unless I am mistaken.

I don't get it at all.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
We aren't getting STAT. Kerr refuses to trade with us.

I do not think this trade will improve Toronto this year. Marion doesn't play with heart anymore. I do not think he cares one way or the other. And Toronto gave up a good role player in Moon.

This trade doesn't help Miami much either. Plus they added a bigger contract unless I am mistaken.

I don't get it at all.

yea i know......i can dream cant i lmao

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
another nice trade would be if we could get Bell and Diaw from the Bobcats but they might ask for too much in return

kingDOM312580

Benchwarmer
This is just the start. There's gone be tons of deals to shed players off teams. People need to realize how important the recession is to owners.

There's talk of owners losing HUNDREDS of Millions of dollars in the past few months. When you take a hit like that, you don't give a fukkkkkk about fans and your pet basketball team. Would you?

Look at the Mets and their owner's refusal to sign Manny Ramirez evan though it made the most sense.
:agreed:
The NBA needs to do something fast. The only sport getting it right is the NFL. With much of the salary money in the NFL being non-guaranteed a player needs to produce or go home.

The first thing the NBA needs to do is reduce the max contracts. Currently a player at max is accounting for 1/3 of the cap. Few players, if any, are worth that kind of money. The NBA needs to protect owners from themselves who can't help themselves from giving out salaries to players which are out of whack with their abilities. Zack and Marbury are perfect examples, good players but not worth the salaries they are being paid.

smokes

Huge Member
another nice trade would be if we could get Bell and Diaw from the Bobcats but they might ask for too much in return

Didn't we try to get Bell and Diaw when they were traded at the start of this season? I think we did but the Suns asked too much. Bobcats gave them a better offer.

And there's no saying we can't get Stoudamire. Sure the Suns don't WANT to trade to us, but if they really want to trade him and they don't get any other good offers it may happen. Unlikely though. It's a shame because a Marbury for Shaq swap would also help us alot, burned bridges suck.

Red

TYPE-A

T Chandler or Camby next?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
This hurts our chances at getting Bosh since it gives the Raptors capspace to sign a star to play along side Bosh and Bargnani.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
if marion plays like the matrix, and not the second coming of q-rich, this toronto team could have a scary lineup and easily get the 7th or 8th spot

Jose Calderon, Marion, Bosh, and Barganni all in the same lineup. marion has a better chance to succeed if they speed up the tempo, and that could become pretty good. i always thought with o'neal they tryed to play to much halfcourt when that wasnt their strength. they did wat the sixers did with elton brand, and kinda messed up the fluidity of their team to try and slow things down. w.o o'neal, they can play fast, where calderon thrives, barganni thrives, marion thrives, and bosh is great either way

smokes

Huge Member
There's a few interesting trades being talked about at the moment.

Anthony Randolph to the Knicks is one of them, VC to Dallas, and Three way between Suns/Grizz/Heat is the other.

Beasley to Grizz, Gay to Suns, Amare to heat. Sounds suspect though.

Paul1355

All Star
The Heat also got a 1st round pick in this...they got the better half of this deal.

Marion isn't the all star he was in Phoenix and they needed a Center.

Problem is that Jermain O'Neil is injury prone but its better to have a good center that always gets hurt than no center at all.

Jamario Moon is a young athletic SF that I see having a lot of upside.

The first round pick is what makes this deal better for the Heat.

Red

TYPE-A
The Heat also got a 1st round pick in this...they got the better half of this deal.

Marion isn't the all star he was in Phoenix and they needed a Center.

Problem is that Jermain O'Neil is injury prone but its better to have a good center that always gets hurt than no center at all.

Jamario Moon is a young athletic SF that I see having a lot of upside.

The first round pick is what makes this deal better for the Heat.

A conditional 2011 - 2012 pick I believe.