Chandler traded to OKC

JayJ44

Starter
Seems like this is a purely financial decision. Basketball wise, it makes no sense. They lose their 7 foot interior defender, for 2 scrubs. It's a shame these teams are making themselves worse because of the economy. Still, I think we could have offered more. :boohoo:

dave2138

Rotation player
Who thinks Oklahoma can be a playoff team next year?

Chandler
Durant
Green
Westbrook

+

1 of Griffin/Harden/Rubio/Monroe

Amazing how much talent is in the West now..and this trend will likely contine as the teams are either going to 45-50+ win teams or 20 win teams and get the top picks in the draft.

6 of the 1st 7 picks in the June draft will likely be west teams...

Supermansdaddy

Benchwarmer
Couldnt jeffries and rose or james have gotten this trade done? I guess OKC had picks to give them, and im not sure if i would have given them our first this year, but if we can get rid of jeffries and get Chandler (instead of a guy like Thabeet in the draft) i would do it.

JayJ44

Starter

Chandler
Durant
Green
Westbrook

+

1 of Griffin/Harden/Rubio/Monroe

Amazing how much talent is in the West now..and this trend will likely contine as the teams are either going to 45-50+ win teams or 20 win teams and get the top picks in the draft.

6 of the 1st 7 picks in the June draft will likely be west teams...

I was just thinking that. The Suns are getting worse, the Mavs are getting worse, the Jazz havn't been healthy. I think they have a good chance of making the playoffs next year.

portega1968

El Cacique

Chandler
Durant
Green
Westbrook

I totally agree.. that's one hell of a team there plus they have a ton of draft picks. Durant is a younger KG with a 3pt shot and Westbrook is a helluva PG. Theirhome crowd is one of the most raucous and supportive right now. They can easily trade a combo of these players and picks for a max player in the next draft. This is a team to be reckoned with down the road.

quiggle

Starter
it's out of spite teams now aren't dealing with the Knicks because they don't want to help us be in the position to get all the spotlight come 2010.

Seems like this is a purely financial decision. Basketball wise, it makes no sense. They lose their 7 foot interior defender, for 2 scrubs. It's a shame these teams are making themselves worse because of the economy. Still, I think we could have offered more. :boohoo:
which was why donnie should have pounced and donnie didn't.

portega1968

El Cacique
Couldnt jeffries and rose or james have gotten this trade done? I guess OKC had picks to give them, and im not sure if i would have given them our first this year, but if we can get rid of jeffries and get Chandler (instead of a guy like Thabeet in the draft) i would do it.

please explain why a team like the Hornets that needs to get rid of a player like Chandler because of financial reasons would even consider Jeffries who has a longer deal and plays like shit?

the only way we get rid of jeffries or curry is through a deal where we would have to take on a longer deal (for example, Shaquille's deal that expires next year and Jason Richardson or Barbosa that have more than two years left) for Jeffries and Marbury. Of course, this aint happening cause the Suns are not gonna dance with Dantoni. But it is an example of the only way we can get rid of Curry or Jeffries. We would have to package them with our expiring deals and Lee or Nate while taking back a longer deal.

to sum it up, we're stuck with these two Isiah leftovers for a long time.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
its hot, good shit........only way i could think of making it better is to clear out the side pics of him holding the jersey and in the kryptonate shirt......

Supermansdaddy

Benchwarmer
please explain why a team like the Hornets that needs to get rid of a player like Chandler because of financial reasons would even consider Jeffries who has a longer deal and plays like shit?

the only way we get rid of jeffries or curry is through a deal where we would have to take on a longer deal (for example, Shaquille's deal that expires next year and Jason Richardson or Barbosa that have more than two years left) for Jeffries and Marbury. Of course, this aint happening cause the Suns are not gonna dance with Dantoni. But it is an example of the only way we can get rid of Curry or Jeffries. We would have to package them with our expiring deals and Lee or Nate while taking back a longer deal.

to sum it up, we're stuck with these two Isiah leftovers for a long time.

Isnt NO taking back more money now than they would with jeffries? And for the same length? Rose is expiring.

portega1968

El Cacique
Isnt NO taking back more money now than they would with jeffries? And for the same length? Rose is expiring.

nope... with this trade, New Orleans gets rid of the long term deal of Chandler (he's got $13 million for 2010-2011) for two deals that expire this summer.

they basically gave up on the playoffs because they had to cut the luxury tax exposure.

the only way we couldve gotten in on that deal wouldve been to take Peja's long term deal... which wouldve fukked up our 2010 plans.