Where are YOU from?

e_D

Benchwarmer
Rady is from Romania.. and he's the webmaster.. I think that's dope! so where is everyone else from? and what made you a knicks fan?

Me, I'm from NY of course. Queens to be exact.
I used to be a basketball front runner, and just like the favored team in the playoffs. but since.. 93 I think it was, I figured I'm from NY.. I need to have pride in my team! I started watching knick games, and loved the heart and passion of the team. every year I started liking them more, even the losing seasons. today, im a dam fanatic.

whats your story?

Hoagies99

Benchwarmer
haha

i useed to like the sonics a looong time ago, i started liking the knicks around 97ish and im a fanatic now, im from clark in new jersey

WiL8000

Rotation player
I'm from uptown manhattan, 207th street to be exact, and I have been a knick fan all my life. I am a fan of many New York teams in different sports. It's amazing to see how broad the knicks fans are across the world. When this team finally does it, we can see it all from begining to end in this rebuilding process. This is a great team to root for, the tradition of intense, loud and sometimes harsh fans, is where I fall into. But hey thats New York, there is an extreme amount of pressure to win in this city.

Spree

Rookie
I am from China's Hong Kong :)
I like NYK because knicks' great performance in 1999 and sprewell's crazy dunk :afro:

6thman

Benchwarmer
i come from Belgium! I've always been a Knicks fan even i only can watch them on TV! :cry: :cry: :cry:
I'd like so much to go to NY 8) 8)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
i'm with the knicks from 96-97
i had a friend who bought himself a cap with hornets, and since then he was a hornet fan. so i said.. what the heck, i'll take the knicks cap

6thman, i thougth you were from france... :?

newmove

Rotation player
rady said:
i had a friend who bought himself a cap with hornets, and since then he was a hornet fan.
what did he actually became a fan cuz of the cap? if it's so it's silly! i used to be a chi fan when MJ was there, but i liked NYK cuz i'm from brooklyn. and since starbury is in the town i can tell you - hell yeah, i love knicks! wish letrell could've been here too...

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
im from philly. i was born in 1987 and started liking ball around the early 90s. who was good then? KNICKS. and da bulls, but my uncles from ny. i guess theres no tru reason i became a knicks fan. i like ny a lot and have gone 2 a few games (cle this year and lal a few years ago). i like ai but not the 6ers.
go figure

peter

frankwilliams

Benchwarmer
queenz boy in the house! i've liked new york ever since Patrick Ewing was on it. Patrick Ewing was great and we need a new player like that.

vince

Rookie
I'm from paris (france) and I have been a knick fan all my life!! I like houston's style of play and now with starbury back in town that's huge.
I agree with you newmove!!! just bring rasheed to NY and the title ring will be back in NY!!!!
Hope too that isiah will make good moves this summer...

Only The Knicks

Benchwarmer
vince said:
I'm from paris (france) and I have been a knick fan all my life!! I like houston's style of play and now with starbury back in town that's huge.
I agree with you newmove!!! just bring rasheed to NY and the title ring will be back in NY!!!!
Hope too that isiah will make good moves this summer...
Welcome to the boards, Vince. How's France?

vince

Rookie
thanks ;) You must come here to see!!! Paris is a cool and beautiful city. You can compare it to NY even if the lifestyle is a little bit different. Only the knicks are missing :lol:

Someone from Paris on a Knicks site and no one asks about Frederic Weis?

Patchy is from Long Island, and once attended "Bernie (King) and Ernie (Grunfeld)" basketball camp.

I'd also like to recommend a radio show to any of our members in the Long Island or 5 Boroughs area: 2 hours of commercial-free Sports Talk every Tuesday and Thursday night from 9PM to 11PM on 90.3 FM. Thanks.