Knicks get Hughes and Wilcox

Good move?

• Total voters

CoolClyde

great moves

Tim Thomas Jerome James Anthony Roberson
to Chicago for Larry Hughes

Larry Hughes fills a G-void, can flourish with minutes, good for 12-15 pts, 3-4 dimes, and occasional break-out shooting games; decent defensive skills. (Hughes > Qthug) Losing Timmy Tommy? no biggie. Getting rid of JJ Snacks and way-expendable Roberson? AHHH, it's like a weight has been lifted!!! WINNER = KNICKS BIG TIME

Malik Rose and cash to Oklahoma City for Chris Wilcox

Chris Wilcox can PLAY, and he's listed as a 6'10" Center. He's tough, and he's a defensive presence. I remember domination as Sr on Maryland college champ squad. With minutes, good for 13-15ppg, 8-10 rebs, 1 block (Wilcox >>>> Jeffries) bye Malik, you're a nice guy...

Hughes and Wilcox can both start IMO, over Qthug and JJ.

Overall, Donnie just freed up 2 roster spots (hello Pat Jr?), gave us 2 very capable players, filled void, KEPT DAVID LEE AND NATE, for now, and still freed up space for 2010.

THESE ARE EXCELLENT GENIUS MOVES!
PAY DAVID LEE, PAY NATE, and welcome a superstar or 2 in 2010.

There's no great rush to move Curry. Let him heal and get his fat a$$ together, and we'll trade him before next season.

Keep Mebury and let his 20.8M come off the books.

It all looks good to me. Way to go Donnie!

richtree

Rotation player
anyone else think getting Hughes and Wilcox makes it more likely that a David Lee package may occur by night's end ?

Lee/Jefferies/Q-Rich

or

Lee/Curry

for

Expiriing players ?

I think there is another deal before its all said and done

JayJ44

Starter
anyone else think getting Hughes and Wilcox makes it more likely that a David Lee package may occur by night's end ?

Lee/Jefferies/Q-Rich

or

Lee/Curry

for

Expiriing players ?

I think there is another deal before its all said and done

I think you're right about there being another trade. It would have to happen within about 5 minutes though. Won't necessarily include Lee though, but if we could get rid of Curry, that would be great.

JayJ44

Starter
_______√ictory_______;85236 said:
isn't there like a brief time between the week for other trades that where proposed to happen to work out ?

uhhh, I think so. But I don't think teams can propse trades anymore.

Knicks07

Benchwarmer
i think this is a good trade. Think about it, we traded away 3 players that never play (besides thomas) for 2 players that can help us

Akamu

The King
Jerome "where's my seat" James
imagemoneyintoiletlc7.jpg

+

Anthony "I change teams like I change my underwear" Roberson
anthonyrobersonknicksncci4.jpg

+

and Tim "Maybe next time" Thomas
timthomas1be8.jpg

=

gtfonower9.jpg

Larry Hughes is a decent player, no doubt he's streaky and injury prone but the highlight was getting rid of Jerome James, they even took useless Roberson. It's all about 2010-

Up Next:

Eddy Curry + Jared Jefferies

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
our lineup is now

Duhon

Hughes-or-Chandler

Chandler-or-Harrington

Lee

Wilcox

thats an upgrade, more size and Wilcox isnt all bad, he should be decent

now bring up Ewing Jr. we have 3 open roster spots.

p0nder

Starter
LOL!

Great trade, removes rose and james adding defense and quickness. Upgrades in the front AND backcourt. Expiring or near expired contracts on both players.

Tim Thomas should have been better for us but thems the breaks. Donnie is sending messages. Anyone not performing is expendable!

Who's the starting 5 now? Will huges and Harry compete for minutes with this shake up? Think we'll see Lee's numbers fall off with a new rebounder in the mix?

quiggle

Starter
did any of you notice the Knicks player involved have reverse numbers of each other? 13 James 31 Rose and Roberson 5 when you reverse it it upside down becomes 2 tim Thomas?

Last edited:

Axe

Rookie
Walsh did a nice job today getting rid of some trash from off our bench. The two we got back will help.

BTW, is Hughes still injured?

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
today was like tradine tim thomas for larry huges and wilcox lol yes jajajajajajajajjajajajaja i love walsh no homo lol cuase the other player wer scrubs best trade knicks hace done in a while man

Akamu

The King
Chris Wilcox for Malik Rose, I'm digging this too-

Get rid of the 12 year old veteran that was useless anyway and replace him with a younger, bigger body that brings defense-