We have two open roster spots, who does Walsh sign?

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Patrick Ewing Jr and Carlos Delfino

With the drug problem in the NBA, do we really need a Douby in the Knicks locker room? :)

But seriously, Douby or Conroy could also work, but I like Delfino's defense. Of course, there would be more work to sign Delfino since we would have to deal with Putin. Maybe Dolan would have to agree not to have his band play in any clubs owned by the Russian Mafia.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
On the other hand

On the other hand, wouldn't it be mind-blowing to hear Walt Clyde Frazier making the call:

"Pass from Douby on the left hand side, Nate the Great smokin' his man"

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Thabeet is scary cause he's either going to be a Mutoumbo or Dalembert thats a huge difference

i actually believe either DeRozan, Curry or Jennings will be on the knicks come next season, all of them would fit nicely each have superstar potential.

portega1968

El Cacique
I checked out our Reno Dleague team and Ewing has over 16 ppg plus 8 rebounds per game and there is another SF named Antonio Meeking who made the Dleague all star game for Reno who is averaging 18 ppg so any of those two guys should be called up.

Patrick Ewing Jr
or Antonio Meeking likely to get called up....any other spots might be on hold until the season is over. I dont think Walsh is going to spend more money.

Hey, I saw that Antonio Meeking guy in the DLeague All Star game and at the end of the game he started heaving up 3s and knocked down like 4 in a row from all crazy angles. That man, though streaky, can light it up!!!

Ive said before we should give Courtney Sims a try.. but he did have a 10day deal with the Suns and I dont know if he's among the invitees, but I think he is available anyways.

Big Fella Jr., Conroy, Meeking, Sims and Ahearn... any of them they would fit in nicely at the end of the bench and could probably even beat our starters regularly in practice.... jajaja, ok, that was a cheap shot.

LeFlume

All Star
I can't see how you guys get excited about D-league players? They are in the D-League for a reason. They are not good enough for the NBA or good enough for Euro league. How much do they make in D-League anyway? 50-75k a year? They could make 10 times that much in Europe if they were good enough...

There were 60 players who used to be in the D-league that were on opening day rosters this year. Just because they play in the D-league doesn't mean they are bad at basketball. It is called the developmental league for a reason, most players just haven't developed yet. Stop being ignorant.

LeFlume

All Star
Not being good enough is not the same as being bad. Not many D-league players gets the call, and those who does, most of them gets sent back again.

portega1968

El Cacique
It looks like the player that stood out yesterday was Cheikh Samb.

Considering what is available, I can't argue against getting a shotblocker. Conroy, Ahearn and Sims are available, with Sims being the better offensive choice versus Samb. But Samb's size is too tempting to ignore.

Won't probably get any minutes, but I'd love to see him in there with Lee at the 4, Harrington at the 3, Hughes at the 2 and Nate at the point.

metrocard

Legend
It looks like the player that stood out yesterday was Cheikh Samb.

Considering what is available, I can't argue against getting a shotblocker. Conroy, Ahearn and Sims are available, with Sims being the better offensive choice versus Samb. But Samb's size is too tempting to ignore.

Won't probably get any minutes, but I'd love to see him in there with Lee at the 4, Harrington at the 3, Hughes at the 2 and Nate at the point.

Ahaha.
Hopefully he blossoms...and takes minutes from Jefferies wanna be center.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
CBA and roster spots

As I read the CBA, Walsh has one week to sign at least two players because we cannot go more than two consecutive weeks (starting Feb 19th) with fewer than 12 active players and one inactive player.

We have four open roster spots, so we could sign three or four players rather than two.

What will he do?

My guess is sign Cheihk Samb as a shot-blocking prospect and one of Will Conroy or Quincy Douby as a backup point guard. I would still like to see Patrick Ewing Jr be the third signing, if only to provide stronger defense to the practice squad.