Must RESIGN Lee and Nate!!!!!!

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
At the beginning of the year I was hoping to see a team that would play with heart,energy,hard,and chemistry.I also wanted to see two to three players stand out from the other players on this team and have great seasons.Well D-Lee has done it all season long with his play on the floor.He is a damn beast out there on that floor and nobody can stop him.

Well little by little there was another player that started to stand out on this team and started having great game after great game after great game.That player is Nate ofcourse!! I have to say I was skeptical at first b/c of how he played BUT I can now say that he has showed me that he to also deserves to be resigned with Lee.Yes I know some will say well what about 2010 and the two superstars? Well all I have to say is we do not need two superstars when we already have two great players on our team in D-Lee and Nate.

We can easly compete in the league with one superstar and D-Lee,Nate,with other role players ofcourse.Im here to say we HAVE to RESIGN D-Lee and Nate b/c these two guys we have to keep if we want to become a contender.Forget about getting two superstars b/c we don't need them if we keep these two.I garentee if we keep these two in Knick uniforms then we will be setting pretty for a very long time.D-Lee said friday morning that he wants to be a Knick forever and Nate said he wants to say here also so its a done deal if Walsh wants them and I think he does b/c think about it!! He would have already traded them thursday if he did'nt think he could resign them both.

That right there tells me that D-Lee and Nate will be resigned and will be here for a very long time b/c Walsh see's what he has with these two guys on the team.Im really starting to think that we are worrying for nothing b/c Walsh see's what we see.For the Knicks to become a contender we need not just one but both of these two on a team.I don't know about you but I think both will be resigned!!!!

th3realicon

Rotation player
I am against retaining any of them. Honestly the reasons they have been good are:
1. These are the Knicks no one else on that roster has the talent ro step up
2. They are both in career years and are trying to get a good new contract

LeFlume

All Star
I like to keep Nate. David Lee is not as good as his numbers indicates. He is at the right place at the right time, playing in a perfect system. In any other system he is average at best. He didn't do shit before D'Antoni and he won't do shit after D'Antoni. So pray to every god you know that D'Antoni's job is safe.. Nate has more to offer than Lee and can play in any kind of system.

Sign Lee and trade him while he still has value..

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I like to keep Nate. David Lee is not as good as his numbers indicates.He is at the right place at the right time, playing in a perfect system. In any other system he is average at best. He didn't do shit before D'Antoni and he won't do shit after D'Antoni. So pray to every god you know that D'Antoni's job is safe.. Nate has more to offer than Lee and can play in any kind of system.

Sign Lee and trade him while he still has value..

LOL its always the system when it comes do Lee and his play.Its like its you and some other posters only excuse.Yes the system probably does play a role in it just like the system plays a role with Nate,Chandler,Duhon,.You can't tell me that those other players could put up the same numbers with another team like this year.What im trying to say is this system helps EVERYBODY.

Thats your opinion thow and I will respect it!!

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
I am against retaining any of them. Honestly the reasons they have been good are:
this guy should be band from this site worst poster i haved seen, in evey theard he says something stupid

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend

Nate & Lee best performance was in their Rookie Season as a Knick....they prove to be the Knicks top complimentary (team-chemistry) players....and Channing Frye performance were better than the two before his injury.

Every NBA analyst knew that coach Larry Brown 2nd season with the Knicks he would've had "Lee & Nate" performing at the same level they are performing with now under coach Dantoni.
If u can recall....Nate & Lee 2nd season in the NBA the two players came off the bench along with Crawful and Rookie Tazman Balkman as a second unit and out-played every oponent on the court by making 10-2 runs on them.
All that stop when Jared Jefferies was put in the Knicks rotation and Crawful and Lee were put in the Starting lineup.

The Knicks had (under Isiah) and still have three "JELLIN" role-players whom complimentary performance equal that of two super-star players....in Nate, Lee, and Chandler. They trust and have confidence in each other which means alot on any team....to break that up for some dum-dum dream of getting a super-star player in 2010 is a stupid mistake if the super-star dont have a cast of teammates like these three-players to trust and have confidence in.

Hint: Orlando Coach Stan Van Gundy trust and have confidence in PG-Rafer Alston (Skip) to lead the point so the Magic could stay a 2nd round playoff team untill PG-Nelson recover from injury. Next season the two PG will be hard to handle....especially if they get a stronger SG this offseason than Reddick.

lee and nate are important to the knicks and with a superstar we could well be contenders, why trade them and risk the other players not fitting our system?

Bernard_King

Benchwarmer
Lee is so good with both hands and playing the pick-N-roll game. Nate has playing at a new level over the last few weeks. Seems to be able to make his shot at will.

The question with Nate is he only a bench player? Or can he step up and be a full time starting point guard?

The question with Lee is he worth 10M+ as some feel his stats are tad bit better because of D'Antoni system? Others feel his lack of defense hurts him as well.

Let's see what the rest of the season brings....

kingDOM312580

Benchwarmer
lee and nate are important to the knicks and with a superstar we could well be contenders, why trade them and risk the other players not fitting our system?

:agreed:
Nate's game is really starting to come together. I think Mike is finally getting through to him and the results have been outstanding. DLee has been consistent all season, he's an

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Nate has always been a spark since he came to the knicks he's been the perfect 6th man, and Lee was a bench player because of the genius idea of Z-Bo and Curry. He's gotten better and is now a double-double machine, i agree with this thread 100%:cool:

Nate will win a couple of 6th man awards, maybe even one this year if we make the playoffs, and an allstar appearance isn't out of the question.

Lee- will be a great starter on our future team someone who will rebound the ball, and score a good 16-18 points

i've been saying this for a while now, all we need in 2010 is 1 superstar, we have a draft pick this year that will either be a lottery pick or the 15th pick we could get good value at where we pick

Walsh has realized that Lee and Robinson are important pieces for this franchise and he won't let them walk.

I'm not against that.I'm against overpaying and handcuffing the franchise forever.they are the heart and soul of this team.in order for this team to get better, they are going to have to sacrifice.i don't know if they are willing to do that.if donnie gives them each a fat 1 year contract, they probably would sign it.maybe not.who the hell knows.i want our team to be great.aweful to decent and good enough no more.**** that.all we need is ashot blocking center, like a camby, thabeet etc, and lbj.i don't wanna here this 2 superstar shit.1 superstar is a pipe dream to begin with.what the hell happened to orlando with mcbrittle and g-hill? excatamente. all we need is one.one is all you need.

like i said many times, i'd have james at the 1.
chandler(whose shot is improving, needs to work on his handle too) at the 2.
(hopefully danilo will be healthy, ready and improved in by then)gallo at the 3.
at the four lee(hopefully he improves his defense)
at the 5, camby, thabeet, or tyson chandler
( who believe will get traded in the off season)
if we can somehow get 2 out of those three,
we won't need to worry about interior defense.
but that's a big if.and a very unlikely if.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
_______√ictory_______;85726 said:
chandler(whose shot is improving, needs to work on his handle too) at the 2.
(hopefully danilo will be healthy, ready and improved in by then)gallo at the 3.
at the four lee(hopefully he improves his defense)
at the 5, camby, thabeet, or tyson chandler
( who believe will get traded in the off season)
if we can somehow get 2 out of those three,
we won't need to worry about interior defense.
but that's a big if.and a very unlikely if.

agreed, we also have our draft pick this year so he will be a big part of our future as well. Add him with Chandler( all-star) Gallo ( star) Nate( 6th man) Lee( star ) all you need is a shotblocking C and a superstar

dave2138

Rotation player
I don't understand the big deal with going through the trouble of trading Eddy Curry and/or Jared Jefferies. If they can't get a player that sucks just as equal for 1 less year then why bother? They way I see it the team has pretty much exactly 25 mil committed in 2010 to 4 players, curry, jefferies, chandler, gallinari. If you spend a combined 17 mil on Robinson and Lee, that is 42 mil.

I'm pretty sure there is a max that James/Wade/Bosh/Stat can make for 2010 and its under 20 mil..more like 17 mil. You add 1 to the knicks team in 2010 and its right around the proposed salary cap at 60 mil.

FA signing, Robinson, Chandler, Gallinari, Lee, 2009 1st round pick, Jefferies, Curry, 2010 2nd round pick..

Also very important you have 2 expiring contracts worth 18 mil during the 2010 season..which can be used in a trade to get a long term quality player worth that much.

For example
2010 trade deadline idea - Eddy Curry + Jared Jefferies + future 1st round pick -> Baron Davis with 3 years left on contract.

Main point is that there are more opportunities to keep Curry/Jefferies as valuable expiring contracts than trading them this offseason for nothing while also losing Lee or Robinson.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
The Knicks lack consistency. Lee has consistency. You can always rely on him to get his 17pts and 11-12rbs every game. Kryptonate has come on as of late. He's killing it every game after the dunk contest. We should resign them. Nate is scary athetic and is the future 6th man of the year. Lee is a future all star.

And for the "inflated stats in Mike's system" argument. Shut up, please. The players get those stats rightfully. Its not like they throw on 2 or 3 rebounds onto the boxscore because they're "in a system". They earn every point, rebound, and assist.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i telling you guys were a couple of pieces away from a championship. We have a bench, good Starters who have potential and all were missing is a rebounding/shot-blocking C and a superstar.

That said Nate and Lee HAVE to be resigned. No way Donnie lets them walk.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
We are 23-32, four games behind the Bucks for 8th spot who are without Redd and Bogut. David Lee and Nate Robinson are role players not great players. If our record was 32-23 then I would say keep them but that's not the case. If I was GM I would Sign-and-Trade Lee the end of the season for expiring contracts and draft picks. As for Nate, I would not match any offers tendered to him unless is at 4 million per.

Martice

Rookie
Not a good move at all.. Why would you put Lebron at the point? Point guards first priority is to distribute the ball. Why would you put such a premier scorer at a position where he has to distribute the ball? Just because he can pass the ball doesn't mean he should be a point guard.

So if the Rooster is healthy, ready and improved? That's a lotta if's don't you think? How about this scenario.. If you take Lebron off the point and at the 3, then guess what? You can erase all of your "if's" at the 3 position.

As much as I don't like Duhon, with Lebron here, his limitations may not be as important because of the attention Lebron would be getting.

Now a more compelling argument from you would be why you would put the Rooster at the 3 over Lebron?

Last edited:

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
We are 23-32, four games behind the Bucks for 8th spot who are without Redd and Bogut. David Lee and Nate Robinson are role players not great players. If our record was 32-23 then I would say keep them but that's not the case. If I was GM I would Sign-and-Trade Lee the end of the season for expiring contracts and draft picks. As for Nate, I would not match any offers tendered to him unless is at 4 million per.

I disagree with this b/c we are only in the first season of the ofense and it will take a year or so to learn exactly how to run it.Great or not Lee and Nate is the heart and soul of this team and they have already helped the Knicks tie their wins from last year 23 and like I said they don't even know how this ofense runs exactly.Them in this ofense along with Chandler,Gallo will only get better and the Knicks will become a GREAT team.Like DaTPRiNCE we are only a few players away from becoming a playoff team every year BUT if they let Lee and Nate go then instead of us taking two steps closer from being a comtender we will take three steps back from were we are now b/c Lee and Nate are gone.PAY THEM!!!!!!!!!