Post Your Rhymes Here

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I can tell you go hard man. Detail man. I can see you got somethin goin on man. That shit is hard man, forreal. I really dont call my rhymes hard, i prefer "the realness". I like to keep things real u know? I want to stay real, unlike these fake ass rappers comin out nowadays.

I like that style the best...cormega is one of the realest rappers. I can write some real stuff too...heres a verse from something i wrote..

"Cleaned myself up and threw out my gun
Threw out the drugs and the box cutter
Called up my mom and told her that I love her
She was left to raise my sisters
Put them through a lot more pain then a blister
Left them in the rain filling bitter
But ill give it time, I?ll win them back
I?ve cleaned my mind, never going back
Im here to stay like rap music
Just gotta find a job, I know I can do it
I believe in myself
And thank god for my health
And bringin me off the streets
Now im singin over peaceful beats
Fingers are pressin repeat
I learn a new lesson each week
That?s what im stressing when I speak
You don?t have to go through what I did
Material things had me blinded
But now I love the state of mind that im in"

I try to do all kinds of music...write songs for the ladies, make deep stuff, go hard...the only thing im not good at is doing the commercial style. Im not good at rappin about my money, and getting drunk in clubs having sex with 3 or 4 girls etc., but i dont really like that style for the most part.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Im on these streets tryin to make me some money
Dont laugh sonny
f*** around and get your nose bloody
I aint have no buddy's
Im a one man Army
Part Italian like Danilo Gallinari
You cant harm me
Im not a human im a terminator
If you dont know the rules you cant learn it later
Nows the time, prime for prime
rhyme for rhyme im the greatest
I made this song and now you played this song
If you gonna rap it dont say it wrong
Haters pray im gone, When i stop reppin NY
that'll be the day im gone, dont ever say im gone
snitches get ripped like a bong,
Or ripped like a thong on a fat chick
From Ct to NY to La I run this rap sh!t
unload mad clips into your back hip
And if this track skip get yourself a new cd player
signin out is the Mac 10 Ill see yall later

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
I try to do all kinds of music...write songs for the ladies, make deep stuff, go hard...the only thing im not good at is doing the commercial style. Im not good at rappin about my money, and getting drunk in clubs having sex with 3 or 4 girls etc., but i dont really like that style for the most part.

Yep. thats is what music is supposed to be. Like I bet i could be decent if i tried to write about screwin girls in clubs, but I don't want to. its crap and not real. Hate that style.

Here's the first verse from my Nas is Like Cover

Yo, Love is Like droppin every beat, or hearin every rhyme
Love is like stoppin the violence, at any given time
Maybe like changin names, to avoid hate crimes
Different aliases, comin on at different showtimes
First I was The Classic, but times have changed
to fresh, to the way i dress, always look the very best
but i think, why cant i just keep things true?
When i can use BK's Finest, The original, known by me and you
Music is my savior, music is my life
Music is my love, my materialistic wife
As long as the sunshine illuminates the sky
My one soul for music, will never ever die
If i'm in the studio, i bekillin it on the tracks
But i'm not killin brothas with Aks and MACs
You see, i believe in peace, not the drama
But theres no peace with disgruntled lovers and single baby mamas
If they need to ease for peace, they go to hear the beat
To relieve they feet, but people want to hear mainstream
But what they dont realize, is mainstream is just the fame and gold
Because the real artists sing whats in their soul
And sure, all the cash, money, and ice, it really sounds nice
So i be writin different, i bring this spice
So let me end this verse on a true note, kids
Cause when it comes to music, hats what love really is....

Ehh. Obviously, this is about love and music. I think its pretty good. how about yall? I dont think it compares to it aint hard to tell though; i killed it on that one more than this. Like i probably said before, this song aint even half close to being done, i think this verse could use a little editing, but im not really sure.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I want to cover so many songs, like mostly from Illmatic and It Was Written. Amazing Beats.
Streetdreams, how ironic.....

Let me give yall a little background....

I wrote my first poem in 7th grade as a homework assignment. It was actually like an emo-ish, dark poem. My teacher loved it, and then i realized i had a thing for it. But it was just one of those things i didn't care about. But i started writing in summer of 08. Like i said, I actually started just writing poetry. Just poetry. About love, mostly.... Anyway, hiphop music made a reentry into my life and i started listening to so many beats. Then i friend of mine actually got to recordin his own stuff, so i guess i started just placing beats on my poetry. I dont got much time to write, about half hour a day, im real busy. But whenever i'm free, yeah, this is what i do. Im working on about 4 songs at a time, and just finished that song above 2 days ago. Right now i'm mostly working on a cover of "Nas is Like" titled "Love is Like", like what love is to music, the body, the mind, etc etc.... i think i'm going to have like 6 or 7 verses when i'm done.

That's good Streetdreams. The more you practice, the better the song and lyrical content. Just stay focused man. Remember that if you wanna make it as an emcee you have to put in more work than others. There's always someone out there more hungrier than you that's why you gotta put in more effort to accomplish any goal. Good luck wit it.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
That's good Streetdreams. The more you practice, the better the song and lyrical content. Just stay focused man. Remember that if you wanna make it as an emcee you have to put in more work than others. There's always someone out there more hungrier than you that's why you gotta put in more effort to accomplish any goal. Good luck wit it.

Thanks bro. I usually do this just for fun but recently i realized i got a real thing for this rap game. If college don't work out, this is my alternate. How did you get started sly?

What do everyone think about my Love is Like verse?

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Thanks bro. I usually do this just for fun but recently i realized i got a real thing for this rap game. If college don't work out, this is my alternate. How did you get started sly?

What do everyone think about my Love is Like verse?

Well, I love music. One of the reasons I went to FL was because I had connections to people that produce and rap. Once I got there I got lazy and didn't do much with music. All I was doing was partying. Not until last september did I actually want to pursue music with a passion. I don't want the music that I love to die off. So what I decided to do was to start writing rhymes. But at the same time I do appreciate the production side also. So right now just saving money for production equipment while I continue to perfect my verses.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Well, I love music. One of the reasons I went to FL was because I had connections to people that produce and rap. Once I got there I got lazy and didn't do much with music. All I was doing was partying. Not until last september did I actually want to pursue music with a passion. I don't want the music that I love to die off. So what I decided to do was to start writing rhymes. But at the same time I do appreciate the production side also. So right now just saving money for production equipment while I continue to perfect my verses.

Thats cool yo. You got hookups. I dont have any. The only rapper friends i gots are in the NYC, aint helpin much. It also doesn't help to know 100% of your school knows who lilwayne is but about 5% know who nas is. its a real shame what the media can do...

anyway, im really startin to have a passion for this whole music game. Im considering this my college alternate for real:afro:

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Thats cool yo. You got hookups. I dont have any. The only rapper friends i gots are in the NYC, aint helpin much. It also doesn't help to know 100% of your school knows who lilwayne is but about 5% know who nas is. its a real shame what the media can do...

anyway, im really startin to have a passion for this whole music game. Im considering this my college alternate for real:afro:

I hear ya on that one. People don't know good music. Just remember why you're doing it. For the love of the music. In FL I asked a couple of rappers why they were getting into rapping and they said "to become rich and famous". SMH. Rappers like that don't make it. So stay true to the game, streetdreams. Keep it real and everything else will fall in place.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
For real man. Money does bad things to good people. "To get rich..." SMH. If you have that dream you aint goin to get far. I hate how all the people care about the money. In the song "Brooklyn" by Mos Def, he says it best, a statement that is so true in my opinion.

"One of the greatest MCs was a local cat"

Have you recorded anything yet sly?

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Nah, not yet. Right now just trying to perfect the rhymes. At the same time I'm really looking forward to producing. So since getting back to NY I haven't written much. Just looking for a job so that I can save up money for producing equipment. What about you? How's that coming along?

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Nah, not yet. Right now just trying to perfect the rhymes. At the same time I'm really looking forward to producing. So since getting back to NY I haven't written much. Just looking for a job so that I can save up money for producing equipment. What about you? How's that coming along?

Same. I think i'll be ready to record this summer when i go to NY. Some of my friends rap. I'm going to produce with them.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=443625807

Thats him. His music is iight, i'm really feeling the first song. quality ain't that great though.

Anyway, yeah i'm gunna go record with him this summer, hopefully.

Heres some of our stuff

VerseOne (Me) still needs editing...
I Grew Up On The Streets Of Bk, Where the Beats Stay
They i move to LV in a heat wave
A few years in this hell i call home
Many things changed so much time has flown
Been 3 years, since i rolled in ridgewood
But the style stays the same, fresh kicks and mint hoods
You know what? I'm hated all across the country
Cause i dont go for sex honeys, i dont do it for the money
Some people out there, i dont even know, saying shit about me
That they got more dough
But fact is, the dont know jack about me
Oh you do? Bring a MAC and we'll see
Everything i say spits fire, you? You stay in ice
You a hater a month, im a winner for life
But im passionate, I rap, i do this true
Hey man, they hate me, what can i say about you?

(Verse 2) (Him)
So many haters these days
They tryna jack the way
Us original brothas do yall fake we true
I'm DPO and my flow be so ill
Yall the mirages we are real
Don't hate on D he new york born and raised
My words have emotions connect like a play
If you think I'm illetare you are wrong
my illiteration is inspiration for you to hate the song
I'ma do me your words have no effect
My soul is what determines the text
I really don't believe that hip hop is dead
I think it's growing changing but instead
Of afrocentrism we do itemcentrism
I can mix both I have infinite wisdom
And my mentality is that of a entrepeneur
To get more not be poor own a house with a shore

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
That's pretty good, Streets. Check this out:

Abstract figures/in my mind lingers/cold fingaz/from holding shot-ringaz/apocalypse soothes the pain/blood mixes with water from rain/trying to maintain/but its so hard on the brain/games that people play/not from shooting the jay/but from sprayin' the AK/in corner spots/loud shots/got me setting up plots/to get away from violence/sitting in dead silence/seeing my future with precedence/or maybe with many dead presidents/hence, I say my rhymes with no hesitance/you cannot portray my style/leaving wack rappers in denial/murdering your career puts me in the O.J. trial/meanwhile, I make my escape/ how many true emcees can relate?/already thinking about my next court date/can't let the shit bring me down/just cuz some clown/wanted to go pound for pound/street rep got me dumbfound/stabbin' niggaz in the playground/brings frowns to my society/explaining my situations to a tee/shirts ripped from the robbing spree/

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
That's pretty good, Streets. Check this out:

Abstract figures/in my mind lingers/cold fingaz/from holding shot-ringaz/apocalypse soothes the pain/blood mixes with water from rain/trying to maintain/but its so hard on the brain/games that people play/not from shooting the jay/but from sprayin' the AK/in corner spots/loud shots/got me setting up plots/to get away from violence/sitting in dead silence/seeing my future with precedence/or maybe with many dead presidents/hence, I say my rhymes with no hesitance/you cannot portray my style/leaving wack rappers in denial/murdering your career puts me in the O.J. trial/meanwhile, I make my escape/ how many true emcees can relate?/already thinking about my next court date/can't let the shit bring me down/just cuz some clown/wanted to go pound for pound/street rep got me dumbfound/stabbin' niggaz in the playground/brings frowns to my society/explaining my situations to a tee/shirts ripped from the robbing spree/

Nice yo. I'm not that great about rapping about murkin people, as you can probably see. I'm more like a Common Sense typr of person. Its just decent at best. You however are pretty good. Was that over any kind of beat or you just wrote it just cause?

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Nice yo. I'm not that great about rapping about murkin people, as you can probably see. I'm more like a Common Sense typr of person. Its just decent at best. You however are pretty good. Was that over any kind of beat or you just wrote it just cause?

I don't wanna brag or anything but I wrote these verses on the spot :cool:

I was just gonna comment on your rhymes but then I was like let me put something down.

I can write faster if I don't use a beat behind the words. But when I have time I'll see if I put some rhymes with a classic beat.

I hear what you're saying about the whole "murking people" thing. But if you take a look at the rhymes that I wrote I really didn't mention anything about killing or shooting somebody (just stabbing). To me, it isn't cool to glorify those moments in time. At the same time, helping your audience visualize situations that you may have encountered is something that emcees should do. Showing right from wrong and to not commit the same mistakes, you know? Its also about being creative and depicting images you may have in your head.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
I don't wanna brag or anything but I wrote these verses on the spot :cool:

I was just gonna comment on your rhymes but then I was like let me put something down.

I can write faster if I don't use a beat behind the words. But when I have time I'll see if I put some rhymes with a classic beat.

I hear what you're saying about the whole "murking people" thing. But if you take a look at the rhymes that I wrote I really didn't mention anything about killing or shooting somebody (just stabbing). To me, it isn't cool to glorify those moments in time. At the same time, helping your audience visualize situations that you may have encountered is something that emcees should do. Showing right from wrong and to not commit the same mistakes, you know? Its also about being creative and depicting images you may have in your head.
]

Me too man. Its alot easier if you dont have a beat. I suck at freestyling, though. I need a lot of free time to write.

Classic beats take up more time. And they sound alot better when you cover it if you use a similar rhyme pattern. As you saw, i did write a diss track, but it isn't that great. I'm not really good at the whole killin, murkin, type of thing.

You are though. I liked those you put up

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
]

Me too man. Its alot easier if you dont have a beat. I suck at freestyling, though. I need a lot of free time to write.

Classic beats take up more time. And they sound alot better when you cover it if you use a similar rhyme pattern. As you saw, i did write a diss track, but it isn't that great. I'm not really good at the whole killin, murkin, type of thing.

You are though. I liked those you put up

Thanks bro. Yo, you doing good too. Yea, freestyling is hard. But remember that the greatest emcees weren't good at freestyling. I think it has to do with being a perfectionist. I'm gonna see if I write rhymes to the sounds of "dead presidents" in the next week or so. I'll put it up on this thread once I'm done.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Thanks bro. Yo, you doing good too. Yea, freestyling is hard. But remember that the greatest emcees weren't good at freestyling. I think it has to do with being a perfectionist. I'm gonna see if I write rhymes to the sounds of "dead presidents" in the next week or so. I'll put it up on this thread once I'm done.

iight. im going to get some more done, maybe write a rap to no beat, then put it up here too.

Some of the greatest Emcees were good at freestyling. Have you ever listened to that Jay-z Big L 7 minute freestyle?