Indiana Pacers vs New York Knicks Game Thread (Tonight @ 7:30pm)

Which one of these players is the worst?

• Larry Hughes

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Jared Jeffries

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Quentin Richardson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jamal Crawford

• Anthony Roberson

• Mardy Collins

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Kevin Garnett

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Jerome James

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • John Ameachi

• Michael Jordan

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
Nate and Harrington stepped it up second half...never thought we were going to lose but it wasn't pretty...

the portable man

Benchwarmer
naet and harrington are physical beasts, im glad we have em cuz its rare to have an and-1 dribble guard who can shoot and adjust layups just as well AND have a pf who dribbles like a guard

shit even will ferrel got up to accept nate's pound, thats gotta boost him up to all star level

hughes had some good defense on daniels, which doesnt say much but at least he stopped shooting after going 0-5...see thats all they need him to do, score from deflections and play D

pz

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
nate robison was a besat and wilcox is going to be in the strating lineup and huges still of on his shot even dough he got better in the secound half but he sure does have some hands a nd good d and that could help us out and yo where was q rich i did not see him today

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i loved the way al harrington played today(no homo) except that suspect shot he took but it was all good....nate was a straight monster tonight....i see what ppl are talkin when they say larry hughes is a good defender and he definitely is wit all the deflection he gets...i kno he's a better offensive player than he's shown, in time he'll pick it up

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
in time Hughes will get his game legs back and his points/ shooting percentage will get better.

Great win for us, tough one but we needed it and we grinded it out. Nate was a beast today, couldn't be stopped he carried us to the win today, Lee had another day at the office(double double) and Chandler and Harrington contributed nicely. wilcox looked good( no homo) off the bench and he too in time will be better.

Nate= The Truth,

resign Nate and Lee, Walsh watches the games, and he knows how important they are to our team , no way he lets em walk

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
i wanna say great win cuz i only saw the exciting fourth quarter, but i heard about the ugly first half. a win is a win, and we have a tiebreaker over indiana which could be crucial down the stretch. nate had a monster game, lee had *yawn* just another double double lol, harrington played well in the 2nd half. i think we cud have played better, but hey that was a great end so im not complaining. as for larry hughes, i see many people were very dissapointed. lets not judge him so fast. hes better than q-rich no doubt. i think hughes will put up 12-15 ppg, and solid defense. this guy hasnt played in over a month and people are already hatin. now do i love the guy, nooo. but he can be a nice fill-in as a SG.

Akamu

The King
Nate is nasty, the smallest guy making the biggest shots, I wanna see more of Hughes and Wilcox for the defense.

You saw Wilcox about to slam the shyt out of one of those guys...damn maybe next time-

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I love Lee I love Nate and I love the Knicks!!!!!! Woooooo that was way to close but we came out with a win.Nate came threw with a huge game as did Lee and Harrington.Walsh has to be loving what he is seeing from Lee and Nate and I still say that these two are'nt going nowhere.They will stay a Knick b/c Walsh has already seen what these two players can do for the Knicks.PAY THEM BABY!!!!!!

Congrats to the Knicks on the win!!!!

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
agreed i think if Walsh wasn't going to resign them he woulda traded them to get some value in return, he's seen the potential they still have and what they've been doing they saying put.

* imagine Nate coming up with the steal and the lay-in on the fastbreak the other end in the NBA Finals* :beer: soon fellas soon

Dirk

Benchwarmer
Edy Cury was mo nster beest today on bench he got double double, 10 jump off seat when Knick they score and 12 botle of gaotrade

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
agreed i think if Walsh wasn't going to resign them he woulda traded them to get some value in return, he's seen the potential they still have and what they've been doing they saying put.

* imagine Nate coming up with the steal and the lay-in on the fastbreak the other end in the NBA Finals* :beer: soon fellas soon

Agreed and Walsh said when he took over the Knicks that he was going to watch and see which players could really help the Knicks for the future.Im positive that what Lee and Nate has done so far that its a done deal and they will be here for a very long time.:beer::peace:

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
I wouldn't mind seeing Nate and Lee still around if we could get LeBron...They both good Knicks, but I don't see Walsh seeing them as untradeable...hell they were both on the cutting board a few days ago, Donnie said there were offers out there but he wasn't going to accept unless they were real good. If the right offer / situation comes along down the line, i wouldn't be surprised if he pulls the trigger on one or the other; Lee would be my guess but idk...yea there both the heart of the Knick team right now, big fan favorites, but if the situation is that one of em needs to go to get a second max player then i wouldn't be surprised to see it happen....as i said, whether it needs to be done idk, if we can get LeBron i'd say we keep the two...idk the cap numbers well enough, but i think we should try our best to keep em both around..that said, i don't think either, right now, are like championship quality players. Has nothing to do with the heart / hussle they put in, just compared to teams across the league, the lakers, celtics type teams, only with LeBron would it be possible to win with those two as like center pieces...idk what the deals going to be with money, Dlee will prob ask for a lot, and Nate too...seeing Dlee go up against Bosh, i have no reason right now to think Bosh is worth all that money...

oh and we need to give Wilcox the ball more down under, see what he could do with it..i know it's early, but he barely got any touches..

Kiyaman

Legend
Tonight is one of those cases where you just say "Well, a W is a W".....

Another very poor coaching performance from Dantoni....it's becomming
obvious that trade during the season is not one of his strong-points.

HUGE offensive game for Nate with 41.
He has been lights out the last few games.
Lee and Harrington had strong games.
Downside: Chandler shot just 4 for 18, Duhon had 6 turnovers to 5 assists (and he normally has a great A/TO ratio) and for whatever reason, Gallo only saw 7 minutes after playing 0 yesterday.

Indiana Pacers
Jack. Season high in points.
Murphy. Season high in rebounds.
Daniels. Tied for season high in points.
No Ford. No Dunleavy. No Granger. The team's Top 3 scorers.
Pacers came in with a horrible 7 for 23 road record.

And yet the Knicks still allow 119 points, get outshot in percentage, get outrebounded, far and away get outassisted, and ultimately need a 41 point game by Nate to pull out a close victory.

Toons

is the Bo$$
ok, i didnt watch the game last night,. but judging from the box score, you are too hard on hughes. i think 5 pts 2 steals and 1 3pts in 15 mins misnt bad for a guy who is getting his legs back. Hughes is a good pickup....i support larry hughes.....(for now)

Toons

is the Bo$$
Tonight is one of those cases where you just say "Well, a W is a W".....

Another very poor coaching performance from Dantoni....it's becomming
obvious that trade during the season is not one of his strong-points.

HUGE offensive game for Nate with 41.
He has been lights out the last few games.
Lee and Harrington had strong games.
Downside: Chandler shot just 4 for 18, Duhon had 6 turnovers to 5 assists (and he normally has a great A/TO ratio) and for whatever reason, Gallo only saw 7 minutes after playing 0 yesterday.

Indiana Pacers
Jack. Season high in points.
Murphy. Season high in rebounds.
Daniels. Tied for season high in points.
No Ford. No Dunleavy. No Granger. The team's Top 3 scorers.
Pacers came in with a horrible 7 for 23 road record.

And yet the Knicks still allow 119 points, get outshot in percentage, get outrebounded, far and away get outassisted, and ultimately need a 41 point game by Nate to pull out a close victory.

Kiyah, isnt it obvious that if the top 3 scorers are out, that a role player will have a career night?
How is it poor coaching? who should have gotten more minutes and what plays should we have run? you honestly dont think coaches get frustrated when teams jack up dumb shots?
And chandler shot a poor percentage, but he also made 6-7 free throws....so that shows that he is willing to attack if his shot isnt falling

metrocard

Legend
I could deal with Nate if he optimizes his defense...the more experience he gets, the more controlled he is on the court. Plus I'm taller than him so that makes me feel cool.

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiyah, isnt it obvious that if the top 3 scorers are out, that a role player will have a career night?
How is it poor coaching? who should have gotten more minutes and what plays should we have run? you honestly dont think coaches get frustrated when teams jack up dumb shots?
And chandler shot a poor percentage, but he also made 6-7 free throws....so that shows that he is willing to attack if his shot isnt falling

When Orlando Magics Jameer Nelson went down....Magics oposition PG stepped up their game to give the Magic a Loss.
Nate stepped up his game for 41 points on the missing TJ Ford.
That was Duhon's JOB as our starting PG.

Duhon only 2 assets that carried his PG offense this season is Lee & Harrington....Duhon PG skillz do not allow Chandler, Gallo, or Q.Rich in on the offense....he has the habit this season of freezing these players out of his offensive attack.
And Dantoni throwing Larry Hughes in the mix with Duhon has lead to two consecutive games of 12 turnovers by Duhon vs teams Duhon should've showboated at leading the point.
The last 7 games inwhich Wilson Chandler started with Duhon....Chandler only had one decent offensive game....where as every time Wilson Chandler come off the bench alongside of Nate Robinson he have a powerful offense/defense game.

Duhon and Hughes had two consecutive poor performance games inwhich can be blamed on coach Dantoni (Huges is not a scorer that is where the Cavs and Bulls thinking was blinded)....the best way to get Larry Hughes into the Knicks game-plan is to let Hughes play 15 mpg in one lineup of Duhon, Hughes, Jefferies, AL, and Lee, during his first 10 games (where Al, Lee, and Duhon shoot 85% of the shots)....Let Nate, Chandler, Gallo, with Q.Rich or Lee, break Wilcox into the Knicks game-plan during his first 10 games. Their is no reason why Hughes and Wilcox are getting playingtime together or in the 4th qtr. of their first two games as a Knick. I thought we had a system.
Coach Dantoni has showed in Phoenix and in New York that he is not a coach u can trade players during the season to fit into his rotation with in a limit amount of time. Dantoni look confused like coach Charlie Brown when he have 10 or more players he could use in his rotation. The two games with Hughes & Wilcox in the rotation the Knicks showed NONE of the team-chemistry they been playing with this season (but I'm liking Wilcox)...

CoolClyde

Hughes and Wilcox

....Their is no reason why Hughes and Wilcox are getting playingtime together or in the 4th qtr. of their first two games as a Knick. I thought we had a system... The two games with Hughes & Wilcox in the rotation the Knicks showed NONE of the team-chemistry they been playing with this season (but I'm liking Wilcox)...

my thoughts exactly, why toss 2 new players into the mix at the same time. Lame coaching! I'm liking Wilcox a lot, and Hughes has shown definitive defensive skills. Newbies need to be eased into the lineup without benching Q and Gallo for extended periods of DNP.

Thank god for N8. The little big man is looking like a starter....?

Red

TYPE-A
my thoughts exactly, why toss 2 new players into the mix at the same time. Lame coaching! I'm liking Wilcox a lot, and Hughes has shown definitive defensive skills. Newbies need to be eased into the lineup without benching Q and Gallo for extended periods of DNP.

Thank god for N8. The little big man is looking like a starter....?

My view is a bit different. I see what D'Antoni is doing. He's playing Hughes and WCox along with the 2nd unit to asses who's here to play/ step up and become a leader and who isn't. Right now Nate is the leader and others are passive. It's babtism by fire. He knows there's no time to "ease them in"- D'Antoni needs to figure out what he's got. Unfortunately the offense is suffering as a result. He uses N8 off the bench for energy amd change of pace. If he can find someone else to do the same then look for N8 to start over Duhon. With N8-Hughes-Al-Lee-WCox starting and Duhon-Q-Chandler-Gallo-Jeffries on the bench there is no one to step up like N8 and be a boost off the bench. D'Antoni is just getting a feel for what he has. If Hughes can improve he will replace Chandler (who is better off the bench) and still allow Chandler come in and provide a off/def spark. This is a feeling out process (a step back if u will) but in time our line-up will change and be set. ***note: We can't pay N8 8mil to not start! Start him D'Antoni, along with Wilcox over Jeffries. Jeffries value is up now reign him in and trade him this off-season.