Duhon = bad? No suprise here

JayJ44

Starter
Duhon had another awful night against the Nets. 6 points, 6 turnovers, 6 assists, 2 rebounds. He needs to be benched immediately.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Duhon had another awful night against the Nets. 6 points, 6 turnovers, 6 assists, 2 rebounds. He needs to be benched immediately.

Co-sign. He's trying to average the wrong triple-double. Less minutes would equal less turnovers.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Co-sign. He's trying to average the wrong triple-double. Less minutes would equal less turnovers.
I'm with you boys. How his recent play warrants any defense I don't know. If he were on another team he'd be getting 15 mins per. Maybe he just needs a rest?

Also, this isn't the first time we've been destroyed from the point. Sessions & even Felton took the opportunity to expose a poor defender.

We, as a result, lose again.

KBlack25

Starter
He doesn't get those stats when it matters. He does not make enough impact to warrant a starting spot.

On saturdays game, I didn't even realize he was on the court for half of those minutes he played. He's better suited for the back-up role. Just to come in for nate when he gets tired.

Like you said, he was signed for C-level money so he performs at C-level talent. So why doesn't he take a C-level spot on this team? We all know nate is playing at a B-grade level, which should guarantee him a spot ahead of duhon.

You are getting too hung up on who starts and who comes off the bench. Whoever starts doesn't matter, it's who gets the minutes. In the last 10 games Duhon and Nate have had equal time on the floor, on the season Duhon only gets 8 more minutes per night than Nate. This includes games where Duhon played almost all 48 and got over 20 assists.

Don't hang yourselves up on who starts and who comes off the bench. Just look at who plays in critical minutes. That's what counts.

metrocard

Legend
Yeah, he's not doing much, except for 12 points and 8 assists every game.

50 other PG's in the NBA could do better.

Duhon is TERRIBLE at the pick and roll, the most key tool in this offense.

Do you even watch the games anymore at this point?

Duhon always dribbles into a man and pushes the ball back outside, watching 5 seconds with the pick and roll.

Chris creates too many low percentage shots, he doesn't make his players better or makes the game easy for the team because of his limitations.

12 and 7 is LAME in this up tempo system.

7.7 assist on 3 turnovers isn't so great either...you have to look at it from a perspective where you HAVE to consider what other PG's are capable of in this system...and where Duhon ranks. Its pretty low.

Go ahead and bring up the MLE again...since you haven't made an entire single point in this thread instead of repeat yourself over and over and over.

metrocard

Legend
hedo played for the kings not the spurs

s_turkoglu_frt.jpg

btw, I think Duhon is just a poor back up overall too...he's such a liability on offense and his defense gets overrated.

metrocard

Legend
I proved this thread utterly pointless using your statements to show that you invalidated yourself. Like I said, here's your argument summed up in one sentence:

"Chris Duhon is bad because he is a C-Level Point Guard"

And I said, "What do you expect when you pay a guy C-Level money? He wasn't signed to be an all star, he was signed to be exactly what he is. So how does that make him bad?"

You: "You didn't say anything"

You refuse to answer my statements. You got ethered and exposed to show you made the most boring post of 2009 by complaining about a guy playing as a C-level PG for C-level money. Not all contracts are created the same, if we signed this guy for A or even B-level money you would have a point. We signed him for C-level money, you have no point. Move on with your life.

You said nothing once again.
Repeating yourself.
Do you realize how foolish you look writing so much not being able to hit a point? Its such a weak attempt.

Its not about the money.
Its about the minutes he's getting.
If he's getting a "C level" contract, shouldn't he get C level minutes?
why are you backing him up to getting A level minutes; when most of the forum and I favor Nate Robinson who's more dynmaic and could rank up assist at the same rate as Duhon to get starter minutes.

If we're going to win with offense, we should max out offensively.

Robinson
Gallinari
Chandler
Harrington
Lee

All these guys can handle and move the ball decently and look good on the fast break.

Duhon really makes the offense stagnant, taking us back to the days in Chicago where he would lead one of the worst offenses in the league.

Duhon is TRUELY a problem...its like feeding Crawford and Curry 35 minutes a game...players like these hurt the team more than they help, in a serious way. Playing them many minutes will only create an effecient game plan for LOSING.

As we're seeing now.

Duhon is mad predictable and easy to defend...we lose every team head to head offensively when he's on the floor, even with poor offensive teams like the Nets.

metrocard

Legend
I think Larry Brown likes him, I heard that somewhere. But who knows...

Yea, theres a reason why TunerAddict made my ignore list...but knowing you would quote a fool, similar species tend to find each other.

Its funny TA says this when our weakest position is PG and DJ Augustin would be the most PERFECT PG for this roster.

Check out his strengths

- Ability to get to free throw line
- Mid-range game
- Mix between scoring/passing
- Pick and roll play
- Transition play
- Ball-handling skills w/either hand
- Change of gears/Hesitation moves
- Commitment to playing defense
- Fundamentals
- Poise
- Strong Intangibles
- Unselfishness
- Winning mentality
- Work ethic
- Basketball instincts
- Assist to turnover ratio
- Court vision
- Solid frame
- Ability to shoot off the dribble
- Perimeter shooting ability - Quick release

Augustin is playing for Larry Brow who deflates all PG's numbers.

But Bobcat fans love DJ and view his as the future...anyone who thinks he's a scrub and predicted in draft day is the biggest fool in the planet and will continue to be proven as the biggest fool as DJ gets better and better each day.

KBlack25

Starter
You said nothing once again.
Repeating yourself.
Do you realize how foolish you look writing so much not being able to hit a point? Its such a weak attempt.

Its not about the money.
Its about the minutes he's getting.
If he's getting a "C level" contract, shouldn't he get C level minutes?
why are you backing him up to getting A level minutes; when most of the forum and I favor Nate Robinson who's more dynmaic and could rank up assist at the same rate as Duhon to get starter minutes.

If we're going to win with offense, we should max out offensively.

Robinson
Gallinari
Chandler
Harrington
Lee

All these guys can handle and move the ball decently and look good on the fast break.

Duhon really makes the offense stagnant, taking us back to the days in Chicago where he would lead one of the worst offenses in the league.

Duhon is TRUELY a problem...its like feeding Crawford and Curry 35 minutes a game...players like these hurt the team more than they help, in a serious way. Playing them many minutes will only create an effecient game plan for LOSING.

As we're seeing now.

Duhon is mad predictable and easy to defend...we lose every team head to head offensively when he's on the floor, even with poor offensive teams like the Nets.

LMAO at this fool insulting me, and then quoting me three posts in a row. The reason I talk about the MLE is because you haven't come back to address it. My point still being that, for the price, Duhon has performed adequately. You have not responded to this.

Like I said, it's not who starts the game, it's who ends it and who gets the most minutes. Over the last 10 games, Robinson has seen as many minutes per game as Duhon, and has played in more clutch and crucial situations.

Like I said earlier (and several times), I agree that Robinson is better than Duhon, the offense runs better when he is out on the floor. BUT the countervailing argument is just that perhaps Robinson would not be as good starting the game. As a starter, seeing 10 minutes more per game, Robinson only manages a meager 4 points additionally. This indicates to me that, when Robinson comes off the bench, he plays just as well and perhaps even better against opponents that are slow/tired. Some guys are simply better suited to come off the bench (see: Manu Ginobli). This DOES NOT MEAN that the starter is necessarily "better" just better suited to start. Robinson still plays the key minutes, Duhon does not.

You want to make a claim about the minutes, is 38 too much for Duhon per game? Right now, it looks like probably. But when he had 22 assists, you weren't saying that. Basketball is a game of ups and downs, a game of streaks. Lately, due to his poor play, Duhon has seen a significant reduction in minutes. You want to point to the 38 mpg, fine, but that number includes 28 games in November and December during which he played well and averaged 40 minutes per game. This skews the averages significantly. This you fail to realize. The three games in March, Duhon has averaged 32 minutes per game.

I was not dissing D.J. Augustin in any way, I was just commenting that Larry Brown really likes him, and people on this board (including you) have killed Larry Brown. I think D.J. Augustin would be a nice fit. But I still am liking the way Gallo plays, he seems to play tough and hard, and he can shoot. In a couple of years, when he gets over the growing pains of coming from Europe to the NBA (see: Dirk Nowitzki, Andrea Bargnani), he will be a quality player in the starting lineup.

Last edited:

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
But when he had 22 assists, you weren't saying that..

why u keep bringing up dat game, lol, it was against the warriors, it was pathetic, the knicks Defense was just as pathetic as the warriors that night, it just our offense was better, and yeah duhon had success early in the season but thats cuz he was bringing something new to the opponents so there really wasnt any way u can really study his game, now that ppl have game tapes, the opposin team already knows duhons next predictable ass move

Red

TYPE-A
Keep Starting Duhon! We need a higher draft pick. Thanks D'Antoni. P.S. Thumbs up on the ill conceived rotations, the blatant mis-matches (in favor of the opposition), along with sacrificing wins to shame Marbury and tirades along the sideline...priceless. **Fingers crossed for top 5 pick

KBlack25

Starter
why u keep bringing up dat game, lol, it was against the warriors, it was pathetic, the knicks Defense was just as pathetic as the warriors that night, it just our offense was better, and yeah duhon had success early in the season but thats cuz he was bringing something new to the opponents so there really wasnt any way u can really study his game, now that ppl have game tapes, the opposin team already knows duhons next predictable ass move

I bring up the point because when Duhon was playing well, nobody was sitting here crying about him. The second things go a bit awry for a week or two, everyone jumps on him. They don't complain when he does well, they complain when he plays poorly.

Scribbles

Rotation player
Duhon is playing disastrous the past month.

He was doing great before but now it's just alarming with no signs of improvement.

Maybe he does need a benching.

metrocard

Legend
Keep Starting Duhon! We need a higher draft pick. Thanks D'Antoni. P.S. Thumbs up on the ill conceived rotations, the blatant mis-matches (in favor of the opposition), along with sacrificing wins to shame Marbury and tirades along the sideline...priceless. **Fingers crossed for top 5 pick

LOL...we might as well, since it has gotten to that point.

K, the reason why you talk MLE because you have nothing else to say. This isn't about the MLE(as I've said many times, but you continue to hold on to it), its about the excessive minutes Duhon is receiving when he was never that good enough to take Marbury's spot as the primary PG on the team. It was a bad decesion by D'Antoni and now has failed this franchise of seeing the playoffs.

Duhon's preformance this season isn't that good and has been overrated by you. Duhon gets a + for his 3pt shooter(he'll came back down to earth since he's a 38% FG and 35% 3pt shooter), but other than that he's been really flat out terrible.

At passing
pick and roll play
pushing the ball up the court
being clever and unpredictable on offense
His defense isn't serious.
Is very stiff and cannot create well for himself or others.

But those always been weaknesses of Duhon, so its no surprise here; hence the title of this thread.

This is a thread dedicated to those who thought Duhon would be worthy to hold down the PG spot.
He's really not and never will be.

Having a solid November and October(Funny how you're on Duhon's side but I've brought up more points in support of Duhon compared to your weak defeated and overly repeated argument) doesn't seal the deal.

You need to REALIZE playing in D'Antoni's the PG's numbers will be inflated.

In order for success or atleast an 8th seed playoff birth, we need a PG who can produce over 17/9, not a bum who limits the offense because of his limitations @ 11 and 7.

I could come to agree with the rest of your post, even though I still think you're a douchebag.

Peace.

KBlack25

Starter

K, the reason why you talk MLE because you have nothing else to say. This isn't about the MLE(as I've said many times, but you continue to hold on to it), its about the excessive minutes Duhon is receiving when he was never that good enough to take Marbury's spot as the primary PG on the team. It was a bad decesion by D'Antoni and now has failed this franchise of seeing the playoffs.

Duhon's preformance this season isn't that good and has been overrated by you. Duhon gets a + for his 3pt shooter(he'll came back down to earth since he's a 38% FG and 35% 3pt shooter), but other than that he's been really flat out terrible.

At passing
pick and roll play

But those always been weaknesses of Duhon, so its no surprise here; hence the title of this thread.

This is a thread dedicated to those who thought Duhon would be worthy to hold down the PG spot.

Having a solid November and October(Funny how you're on Duhon's side but I've brought up more points in support of Duhon compared to your weak defeated and overly repeated argument) doesn't seal the deal.

In order for success or atleast an 8th seed playoff birth, we need a PG who can produce over 17/9, not a bum who limits the offense because of his limitations @ 11 and 7.

I could come to agree with the rest of your post, even though I still think you're a douchebag.

Peace.

Did I say Duhon is good enough to hold down the starting PG spot long-term? No, I never said that. You have not brought up anything in defense of Duhon, I don't see anything where you say how well he's performed. In fact, you say he's bad. I bring up the fact that his November/October minutes per game inflate the seasonal minutes per game. Like I said, Duhon has seen a significant reduction in minutes recently, but D'Antoni can't go back and play Duhon 35 minutes in November and October.

You say we need a solid PG to have success, yet I seem to remember you blasting Tony Parker on here a few months ago, the same Tony Parker that was the starting PG on three championship teams.

You just make arguments that at the time are convenient for you, you show absolutely no consistency in your argument. I brought up other facts, yet you still say I have nothing to say (despite the fact that you apparently agree with me). Get on with your life.

At passing
pick and roll play

Peace.

This is a first, me and metro finally agreeing. Duhon and Lee's Numbers both are inflated due to Mike D, BOth of those players can get lost, teh only players who really earn their stats on this team are Harrington, Chandler, Gallo and nate, 4 guys who can create their own shots, and dont depend on a play being run for them to get to the basket.

Duhon and Lee depend on eachother, when duhon is in the game he over doses on that stupid pick and roll that got scouted out by every nba team 2 months ago. But duhon knows nothing else, he has no athleticism to get to the rim at will, he cant cross players over, and he has no mid range game what so ever. dudes dropping almost as many turnovers as assists since the all star break while nate is coming off the bench to be the 5th leading scorer in the league. and did any one notice

last two games, Lopez, and Okafor both shitted on lees head all game long.

BYE BYE LEE.

amilion

Benchwarmer
I'll say this much...1. this is not a stupid thread..it's actually a good one apparently because it has gotten 7 pages of responses. 2. The reason why I think that Marbury is mentioned so often in a post like this is also apparent..the franchise selected Duhon OVER Marbury. Dantoni acted as if Duhon was our saving grace when it came to signing him. Dispute this if you want...any rational person looked at this decision as wtf? Duhon or should I say Duwho over Marbury? That's crazy.

I'll be the first to admit that I hated this move when it was made. I thought Marbs deserved a chance and if he sucked in a system like this IN HIS LAST YEAR, then let his failing ass go...simple. Doing that would not have looked nearly as bad as the whole drama with him looked this year. And if he failed then all the Marbury haters would have proved their point once and for all. Duhon was a bum in chicago and when he originally came to NY and all the papers were saying "he's taking the starting spot from Marbury", I was like "bullshit"...and then to my surprise he took it or I wouldn't say 'took it' but was given it.

Duhon started out as expected: slow but then he started showing some signs of life...he was playing decent...he did exceed my expectations but that doesn't say much....if you're trying to get your car to the mechanic 3 blocks away, your car is proven to be a piece of shit, you only expect it to go 1 block but in actuality it makes it 2 blocks, does that make it good that it exceeded your expectations?! Hell no, it's still a piece of shit even though it "exceeded expectations".

I'm not gonna shit on Duwho but you guys are giving him waaaay more credit than he deserves. I've watched Duhon, who has played under an elite coach in Coach K at DUKE and in the NBA for a few years, play with the IQ level of a middle school ball player. The only thing I've seen him improve on is QUESTIONABLY his 3 point shooting. But the real thing he has improved on is keeping his dribble when he drives. He used to, and I used to want to punch him in his head, drive in the lane, see there's no where to go, and pick his dribble only to be trapped, surrounded, and with nobody to pass to.
He has made extremely lazy passes, he drives with no purpose (sometimes with one), he drives to a wide-open lay up and dishes it off, and sometimes when he shoots HE HITS THE SIDE OF THE BACKBOARD!!! WTF I've never done that a day in my life. The first time I saw him do that I was laughing and said it must have slipped but then I saw him do it at least three more times and that's when the words 'bum' and 'bench' come out of my mouth.
Not to mention the recent barrage of turnovers...7,6, 5, 7. Are you kidding me? I don't give a shit how tired you are or if you are injured. If you are that damn tired or injured that you start the game turning the ball over 4 consecutive times to the point that your damn team can't even get a shot up, you need to sit your bum ass down and tell coach i'm too tired or injured for this shit and I don't want to jeopardize my team right now b/c if I start off that bad it usually trickles down to the rest of my teammates. I GUARANTEE that if it was Marbury playing the way Duwho is playing right now, they'd want to hang him.

The turnovers are inexplicable and that REALLY damages your team. Maybe he needs a rest. So I say stop starting him until he decides I need to be better or drink a red bull before the game, or get some of what Nate is on. I'm not saying he can't contribute because he has but stop giving all this extra credit like we're a winning team at the moment.

MSG you know I always have your back and I still do b/c I agree with you but the people that don't like marbury have to realize that you know exactly how to get under their skin and they fall right into it and I personally find it hilarious. Swagabury! I laughed my ass off. No disrespect to the people that don't like steph because everyone is entitled to their own opinion but damn! lol it's ok to say once a while, 'you may be right on this one, I can't stand steph but he might have been a decent fit in this system'.