Duhon = bad? No suprise here

metrocard

Legend
You guys shouldn't be surprise here.
Duhon has never be a quality PG.
Not on the level to start and lead a quality NBA team.
Never been, never will be.

He's slow Howard Eisley with overrated D.

His handles?
Below average.

His speed/quickness/agility to move from the perimeter to the hoop?
Eric Snow-like

Passing ability?
Limited

Scoring creativity?
Jamison Brewer is superior here.

Duhon is LAME, always will be.

Look at Steve Nash.

NOT A BEAST, very good PG, one of the best...but look how inflated his numbers were under D'Antoni. D'Antoni is good at deflating his players stats.

Duhon at best can give this team 10 ppg and 7 assist, nothing more.
Its no surprise he's declining now...declining back to the level he is.

Guys like Sessions, Arroyo, Augustin...etc, ball handlers who can score too and rank up assist would average Steve Nash type numbers in this system.

We need a QUICK.
CREATIVE
UNLIMITED
BALL HANDLING
EFFICIENT PASSING
YOUNG
DEFENSIVE
STARTING QUALITY
ALL STAR POTENTIAL

POINT GUARD>

Simply.

D'Antoni had NO REASON to not play Marbury this season.

Marbury is superior in everyway possible.
This team isn't that good with Duhon and can't be better than they would of been with Steph.

What a complete fail...**** D'Antoni and Walsh for now..till they find a new PG.

Can't believe we passed on D.J. Augustin and Brook Lopez.

We're so lame.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I agree with everything you said...Duhon is a solid backup but nothing more. After Rajon Rondo, Duhon is the most overrated point guard in the league. The only people that give Duhon credit is Marbury haters, which there is alot of.

I dont think i could name 5 starting point guards that are worse then Duhon.

Scribbles

Rotation player
Listen Marbury is gone. Get over it.

You can either be Knicks fans at this point or not.

Chris Duhon has surpassed expectations by milestones this season and has performed amazing on the basketball court.

He's just in a funk right now, not to mention the guy averages an insane amount of MPG. It's starting to take a toll on him only because he's not used to that much playing time.

He has played with poise and is by far the most unselfish player on the squad. He is playing a true PG right now.

Even with all of the major shifts in trades and whatnot, he's still finding ways to get his players gelling in a matter of games. Most PGs take seasons to get that down.

Don't Hate Duhon.

Duhon is our MVP!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Listen Marbury is gone. Get over it.

You can either be Knicks fans at this point or not.

Chris Duhon has surpassed expectations by milestones this season and has performed amazing on the basketball court.

He's just in a funk right now, not to mention the guy averages an insane amount of MPG. It's starting to take a toll on him only because he's not used to that much playing time.

He has played with poise and is by far the most unselfish player on the squad. He is playing a true PG right now.

Even with all of the major shifts in trades and whatnot, he's still finding ways to get his players gelling in a matter of games. Most PGs take seasons to get that down.

Don't Hate Duhon.

Duhon is our MVP!

I almost laughed up my dinner after reading this post, very funny :lol: :lol:

metrocard

Legend
Negro, we know Marbury is gone, we're over it. Now we're discussing the outcome.

We will always be Knick fans, what about you? Who are you question me or MSG? I'm just having a discussion...if you want to take low blows...then I see how it is.

Did you even read my post?
Duhon has falsely surpassed expectations.

Any PG in D'Antoni's system will have better stats.

You need to watch the game and realize Duhon is the same player with more playing time and more in an up tempo system.

Bulls are the anti D'Antoni.

Honestly, 10 ppg and 7 assist isn't that good in a system where the ball is always being pushed.

Duhon is not good at pushing the ball, its pretty simple to understand that. He lacks the quickness and every other attribute that would make him elite at that.

Duhon in a funk?

WRONG.

Duhon is Duhon.
The Duhon you saw play today against Philadephia is the Duhon the NBA knows, the fans know. Only blind people like you are easily fooled by D'Antoni's system.

Your arguement sounds similar to the same arguement people use to give Eddy Curry. Look at where Eddy Curry ended up.

Inflated stats don't mean shi.

Players like Duhon don't deserve starting minutes. Why?

Because they're not starters.

They're not that good.

They were never that good.

They will never be that good.

Its simple to understand, even for someone like you.

Playing with POISE?

How many times have we seen Duhon dribble to the middle of no where and cause a lost ball or try to lay it up with 3 defenders around him?

How many times we've witness Duhon unable to beat his man off the dribble?

Hw many times have we've seen Duhon's limited ability get in the way of the optimization of the Knicks offense?

Beyond a lot.

Duhon being our "MVP" shows how terrible this team is constructed.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
He got ruined by Andre Miller again tonight. He's turned out to be a vegetable I think. Back up pg at best. I'd love to see a stud pg have run this team this year. Sessions or Stuckey or someone of the likes.

I gave Duhon his props when he came in and initially played well. He got his records & top 5 in dimes, but he's proved as reliable as his predecessor Stephony. He's been owned so many times in games it's stupid & his turnovers are escalating. He has the ball skills of Benoit Benjamin (throwback).

I've seen enough.

I think it's time to punt another failed point man.

Why can't we just get a good point guard with a ****ing brain?

We should have gone for Alston. He at least would have added some flare to a seemingly doomed playoff effort.

TunerAddict

Starter
Duhon is hurt and has played more minutes than every before.

Injuries and fatigue hurt your game...

But I expect trash thread like this from that one idiot who I shall not mention.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
Duhon was so bad tonight. made a few threes but seemed like evertime he touched the ball it was a turnover. then he'd drive right down to the basket, have a wide open layup, and throw it back out. ddidnt make any sense.

Madhatter9382

Benchwarmer
Duhon is the type of PG i like, pass first, very unselfish and works his butt off.

12 pts and 8 assists isn't too shabby. He's been a true workhorse for us, he's probably a bit worn down, keep in mind, he wasnt playing anywhere close to these minutes last season. So ofcourse as the year goes on he's going to run into a few rough stretches but he's just what our offense needs, a pass first, unselfish PG.

TunerAddict

Starter
It is just funny how all these ppl are talking now and they had their mouths shut for months when he was breaking Knick records and shit, but now since he is hurt, tired, and in a rut, they come running their mouths. But what should we expect from children?

clumsy

Rotation player
You aren't supposed to be good when you are rebuilding. And yeah Duhon is not a good starter, but he's surpassed my expectations. I didn't expect this team to win more than 35 games this year once i heard Marbury wasn't playing

Martice

Rookie
Duhon is the type of PG i like, pass first, very unselfish and works his butt off.

12 pts and 8 assists isn't too shabby. He's been a true workhorse for us, he's probably a bit worn down, keep in mind, he wasnt playing anywhere close to these minutes last season. So ofcourse as the year goes on he's going to run into a few rough stretches but he's just what our offense needs, a pass first, unselfish PG.

So if Duhon is tired sit his a** down. Simple. Why was he in the game at the end anyway? Chandler should have been in the game to lock down Miller. Plus with Chandler we gain another hot hand.

I really question Coach D's sub rotation tonight.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Classic thread, metrocard.

Starbury >>>> Duhon

Duhon=overrated

Like I said on numerous other threads, Duhon has played well this season, but I have no idea if this will last.

This is the only season where Duhon has averaged double figures in points and top 10 in assists. This reminds me of when Curry's stats got inflated.

Duhon is going through a phase. He will get back to his normal self soon. He's already showing signs.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I'm sorry but That's corny!

People were not talking bad about Duhon before he got hurt. Now that he is showing signs of slowing down people want to bash him. I saw a million trade post before the deadline and no one was suggesting he be traded then (and don't say it's because he is so bad he couldnt be traded because I saw Curry and Q Rich trades proposed).

Duhon isnt an All Star but he is a lot better than anyone gave him credit for at the start of the season-myself included-.

Now Metro how can you say that we shouldve drafted someone other than Danillo when you have been one of his biggest supporters.

Not to mention I made a thread asking should we have drafted Brook Lopez,Eric Gordon, or Augistine over Danillo and you said No and that Danillo was a better pick than all three of them.

I'm honestly not trying to call anyone out, but, jumping ship now has fair weather fan written all over it!

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Actually, New New York, Metrocard was one of the few people who said he wanted the Knicks to draft Brook Lopez or DJ Augustin. The only thing he said was that he is not upset with the pick, because Gallinari has potential.

I don't like the Gallinari pick, but I'm willing to wait until the end of next season, before I give my full opinion on Gallinari.

Starbury will always be >>>> Duhon in every category.

Duhorne is almost as overrated as Rajan Ronho.

TunerAddict

Starter
I'm honestly not trying to call anyone out, but, jumping ship now has fair weather fan written all over it!

And that is where you falter New New York...You think these guys are fans...You give them too much credit.

Only thing they are fans of is Marbury and bashing Duhon gets them all hard and shit cuz they repping their boy Steph.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
im starting to wonder if ya kno what the definition of overrated is, lol, nobody says duhon is great, majority of ppl kno he's a backup PG in majority of the teams, but yeah, i really hate his game as of late

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
duhon is good and has played better then i expected to be honest, but that doen't mean he's qualified to run/lead a successful NBA team, the reason he's played well is because D'Antoni's system makes it hard for a PG to play bad. that said he is nothing but a bench player who is logging starter minutes and is playing decent for the most part with a few good games.

we have to go PG, SG or C with our first pick in this years draft depending on who's the best available player at each position when we pick then we decide who's best among those....

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
if your hurt you shouldn't be playin. not complaints from me when Duhon is playin his normal game. but well he better damn be hurt the way he's been playin last few games. puts up an O the last game, then turns the ball literally everytime he touched it to start this game over. there's a difference between being unselfish, and just being stupid. He usually keeps it to a minimum, but you don't want to be like Jkidd and pass the ball just for the sake of trying to make a nice pass, he's got to take more shots and go to the basket himself when he has the open lane..