Duhon = bad? No suprise here

the portable man

Benchwarmer
am i the only one who still doesnt get why nate doesnt run the team??

if the guy can SCORE, pass better by the minute, AND dribble 10x better, wheres the sense in not starting him?? what r they waiting for and what kind of dumb lineup experiment is this??

id rather have nate and hughes be the backcourt than a slower duhon and richardson

or for more shooting chandler can start at sg since nate has shown that he can pretty much create something for someone every time

metrocard

Legend
I'm sorry but That's corny!

People were not talking bad about Duhon before he got hurt. Now that he is showing signs of slowing down people want to bash him. I saw a million trade post before the deadline and no one was suggesting he be traded then (and don't say it's because he is so bad he couldnt be traded because I saw Curry and Q Rich trades proposed).

Duhon isnt an All Star but he is a lot better than anyone gave him credit for at the start of the season-myself included-.

Now Metro how can you say that we shouldve drafted someone other than Danillo when you have been one of his biggest supporters.

Not to mention I made a thread asking should we have drafted Brook Lopez,Eric Gordon, or Augistine over Danillo and you said No and that Danillo was a better pick than all three of them.

I'm honestly not trying to call anyone out, but, jumping ship now has fair weather fan written all over it!

I feel shattered being called corny by someone who's been corny since day one.

You gotta be real about this.

I've been talking bad about Duhon since the beginning.

He's so bad he couldn't be traded?
Thats really dumb to say.

Bring up an argument here where he's so good, that he's better than most NBA point guards all over the sudden because he plays in an up tempo system that inflates his statistics.

Duhon has been in the 30th-40th best overall point guard in the league most of his career...how all of a sudden he's become "good".

How foolish have we become to believe this?

This man never been good in career, even at Duke he didn't reach full potential, his ability and skill is limited to back up to third string PG service.

ABCD, thanks.

Its kinda lame when people try hard to reach for something and get proven foolish, but its nothing.

I like all three, Gallinari, Lopez, and DJ. I told everyone from the beginning I prefered DJ or Lopez, and I wouldn't be mad with Gallinari, its that simple.

Wow man, I know you feel "cool" making threads, keep up the swag.
I said Gallinari is the point forward we needed, I still feel Augustin and Lopez can help this team since our weakest positions are PG and Center (Duhon should be a back up and Lee should be a PF).

If I said "Gallinari is better than Lopez and DJ" then I must of been drunk or you must be desperate to get a rep right now.

Eric Gordon now, that dude is overrated, just a straight up chucker. Great skilled athlete, but I couldn't stand having another Crawford.

Man, you should get slapped for even insisting I'm a fair weather fan here.

I've been the leading canidate on this site on calling Duhon out.

F*ck the fact that people are making excuses now that he's playing too many minutes...he's not used to being used this much.

Add conditioning to the things Chris Duhon is terrible at list.

and you say Chris Duhon isn't an all star(thanks Mr. Obvious), but why try to hint he's close to it because once again; he has the LUXURY of playing in D'Antoni's system where 80% of the point guards in the NBA would easily post more efficient stats.

We're still a NBA lottery team...nothing changed except the personnel and the system...and the overpopulation of C level players.

We have no all stars on this roster, just a lot of scrubs and two gems in Robinson and Lee.

the portable man, I completely agree.

Not only Robinson is more talented and dynamic over Duhon...Robinson has developed a lot of skill as a PG and would be a better compliment to a combo guard like Hughes...similar to how Arenas was with Larry Hughes in the up tempo Wizards team that had success.

I can't believe someone in this thread wanted Rafer Alton's 34% FG shooting on this team...as if it Isiah Thomas has drugged half of you people and took away your logic.

Yo MSG...we gotta start putting these fools in check.

Duhon is garbage, always been.

Get over the whole "passed our expectations". FAIL, Duhon is what you expected, bad.

KBlack25

Starter
Look, love Chris or hate Chris, this is the guy Mike D'Antoni wanted to be his PG. Mike's system, like you state metro, runs predominantly through the PG. Obviously D'Antoni saw something that the people in Chicago didn't, that for whatever reason Duhon is good for the SYSTEM INSTALLED. I'm not sure any PG in D'Antoni's system will absolutely flourish, we don't have much data to base that off of. Fact is Duhon moves the ball, gets assists and does what D'Antoni wants him to do.

I know you'll come back and say "Marbury is a good passer" but being a "good passer" and being a "passer" are two different beasts. Marbury, by your own admission, is a guy that gets to the basket, likes to get in the hole and take shots, go up against big men and what not. I really don't believe that that's what D'Antoni wants from his PG, he wants a passer, a guy who moves the ball, a guy who will find the guy for the open look. As many assists as Marbury gets and got, I just don't think he's the guy D'Antoni wanted. D'Antoni WANTED Duhon, and this team is playing better than last year. I was at the game last night, I'll admit Duhon did not play well, but neither did a lot of the team in the first quarter. That's where the game was lost, Knicks were shooting like 23% from the field after the first quarter. I understand Marbury is a play maker, in that situation I am willing to admit Marbury > Duhon, because Marbury will create his own shot.

In terms of the draft, I was there with you when they passed on Augustin, Lopez and for me I liked Eric Gordon. But after he got over his injury (and I was someone on here BASHING the Gallo pick), he played well. He's tough, he doesn't back down. He played some bad 1-on-1 defense last night, and sometimes doesn't play amazing on offense but those are growing pains associated with coming from Europe to the NBA. Look at Bargnani, who struggled massively early. It looks like now he might be finally more adjusted to playing the NBA game. Gallo can shoot, that's obvious. I think at the end of the day, this team, this board and this city will fall in love with the Rooster...

JayJ44

Starter
Duhon has been playing badly for awhile, I think since before the allstar break. At first, I just thought he was injured, tired etc. But his bad play has continued. It's obvious he is not a starting PG in this league. But he was never meant as a long term solution, fortunately. I think Donnie will try to draft a good PG this year, depending on our draft position.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Just like every thread metro makes. Guy is a cancer to this forum.

Metrocard is one of the greatest posters in Knicksonline history.

Knicksonline.com would not be the same without posters like metrocard, MSGKnickz33, ABCD, and all of the other Starbury supporters.

Stop hating.

Metrocard's threads are hilarious to read and very informative.

Starbury > Duhon

Even you know that. You're just to shy to say it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

To JPZ17: Lighten up. This forum would be trash without entertaining and factual threads such as metrocard's, MSGKnickz33's, Kiyaman's, and ABCD's threads.

Rady loves our posts, because they draw new posters. The more posters that come to Knicksonline, the more recognition he gets, and the more success he gets.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Why are you talking about yourself in the 3rd person?

I wanted to make my post more entertaining to read. I figured that by naming myself in the third person, I would get more people to read my post.

It worked, since I got a response.

See what I mean? Starbury supporters make the world go round. :lol: :lol: :lol:

smokes

Huge Member
I wanted to make my post more entertaining to read. I figured that by naming myself in the third person, I would get more people to read my post.

It worked, since I got a response.

See what I mean? Starbury supporters make the world go round. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you have to try harder to make people read your post it's clearly not very good to begin with :lol:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
If you have to try harder to make people read your post it's clearly not very good to begin with :lol:

That was a good one. :lol:

Oh, well. You got me on that one.

Starbury supporters still make the world go round though.

That's the first thing they teach you in Economics, BTW.

Akamu

The King
I never liked Chris Duhon like a lot of yall here. I gave him a little credit last year for doing an okay job, but his IQ doesn't live up to the starting role. As stated before, he is a backup and nothing more.

Rondo > Duhon...Rondo's IQ is at the starter level, his defensive and decisions are much better.

Even when he was playing at his best last year his biggest flaw was decision making. Yes he's predictable and is in love with the pick -n- roll to Lee.

Sometimes it works well but when a superior team steps on the court and eliminate's Duhon's most over used tactic he turns soft and starts shooting those 40ft 3 pointers. Not only does he result into shooting more 3's but he sacrifices range which lowers the chance for the shot to go down.

I can post at the minimum 20 clips of mindfukking decisions Duhon has gone with throughtout this season, some of which had to do with critcal plays which cost us games.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I feel shattered being called corny by someone who's been corny since day one.

You gotta be real about this.

I've been talking bad about Duhon since the beginning.

He's so bad he couldn't be traded?
Thats really dumb to say.

Bring up an argument here where he's so good, that he's better than most NBA point guards all over the sudden because he plays in an up tempo system that inflates his statistics.

Duhon has been in the 30th-40th best overall point guard in the league most of his career...how all of a sudden he's become "good".

How foolish have we become to believe this?

This man never been good in career, even at Duke he didn't reach full potential, his ability and skill is limited to back up to third string PG service.

ABCD, thanks.

Its kinda lame when people try hard to reach for something and get proven foolish, but its nothing.

I like all three, Gallinari, Lopez, and DJ. I told everyone from the beginning I prefered DJ or Lopez, and I wouldn't be mad with Gallinari, its that simple.

Wow man, I know you feel "cool" making threads, keep up the swag.
I said Gallinari is the point forward we needed, I still feel Augustin and Lopez can help this team since our weakest positions are PG and Center (Duhon should be a back up and Lee should be a PF).

If I said "Gallinari is better than Lopez and DJ" then I must of been drunk or you must be desperate to get a rep right now.

Eric Gordon now, that dude is overrated, just a straight up chucker. Great skilled athlete, but I couldn't stand having another Crawford.

Man, you should get slapped for even insisting I'm a fair weather fan here.

I've been the leading canidate on this site on calling Duhon out.

F*ck the fact that people are making excuses now that he's playing too many minutes...he's not used to being used this much.

Add conditioning to the things Chris Duhon is terrible at list.

and you say Chris Duhon isn't an all star(thanks Mr. Obvious), but why try to hint he's close to it because once again; he has the LUXURY of playing in D'Antoni's system where 80% of the point guards in the NBA would easily post more efficient stats.

We're still a NBA lottery team...nothing changed except the personnel and the system...and the overpopulation of C level players.

We have no all stars on this roster, just a lot of scrubs and two gems in Robinson and Lee.

the portable man, I completely agree.

Not only Robinson is more talented and dynamic over Duhon...Robinson has developed a lot of skill as a PG and would be a better compliment to a combo guard like Hughes...similar to how Arenas was with Larry Hughes in the up tempo Wizards team that had success.

I can't believe someone in this thread wanted Rafer Alton's 34% FG shooting on this team...as if it Isiah Thomas has drugged half of you people and took away your logic.

Yo MSG...we gotta start putting these fools in check.

Duhon is garbage, always been.

Get over the whole "passed our expectations". FAIL, Duhon is what you expected, bad.

Once again you show how sensative you are. It's like I can actually see you holding back tears when you respond to any crticism.

Here is what I am saying about your whole point, To wait until he is hurt and has a string of bad games and calling him out tying to show some insight is just plain stupid considering not too much was expected of him.

We signed Duhon for The MLE. MLE is typically going to be your sevicable type players. Would you really complain if we signed James Posey and he wasnt playing enough like Lebron James!

The Golden State Warriors are an uptempo team why don't they have a top 10 player in assist? The Utah Jazz don't play uptempo and Deron Williams is second in the league in assist. The Suns just started playing uptempo again but Nash is still averaging 10 ast a game for the whole season. My point is at some point you have to give Duhon some credit. Would he start anywhere else NO! But name me a better PG on our roster.

Duhon will in all actuality not be apart of our team in 2010. Really most Knick fans are like so what!Because most of us werent expecting much anyways. Stating he isnt that good is like saying Eddy Curry is in poor condition (and you called me Mr. Obvious, that really should be the title of this Thread!).

Lets be real here....if Duhon was replacing any other player, you'd probably not be so hard on him. And you'd be realistic about what to expect from him. But, because you see the world through the lenses of "I want Steph the starting PG of The Knicks forever" then you ride Duhon harder than neccessary. Steph is gone so GET THE HELL OVER IT OR BECOME A CELTIC FAN!

I'm gonna buy yall all little bracelts with "What would Steph Do" written on it sice you worship him so much.

Look I've told you plenty of times before you make creative signatures and are good at insults, that's what you do best.

You basketball knowledge is....how to put it best.... Average, So So, ok, luke warm...wait no need to be so nice, NON Existent!

Way to go out on a limb with this one Metro. We're getting what we should be getting from Duhon so your whole argument is pointless!

Thank You come Again!

Red

TYPE-A
Look at it like this:

When we get a high draft pick, hopefully a Center that can actually play D we can thank Duhon and Marbury!

Good lookin:smokin::smokin:

Scribbles

Rotation player
Starbury supporters on this board are absolutely ridiculous. They refuse to admit that Duhon is a worthy starting PG on this team just because he was chosen over Marbs.

First let me say that when we first signed Du, I was like WTF are we thinking!?!! Check my post history.

But midway through the season, I saw a different player. I'm not speaking about his numbers neither. So metrocard, stop bringing up that bullshit that D'Antoni inflates his PGs stats.

Like someone else said, Duhon is a pass-first PG. That's exactly who we need on this team and this system.

Compare past years to this year...then there was almost no exceptional passes whatsoever. This year, the team is starting to swing the ball around. Everyone on the team is getting a piece of the crop.

Wilson Chandler, Chris Duhon, Nate Robinson, David Lee, Danillo. Everyone is getting to play TOGETHER.

That's attributed to Duhon setting the floor for his teammates and getting them involved.

And if we want to base it on that. Duhon is 1000X greater as a floor general than Marbury ever is or was.

That being said, check out this topic....

http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5894

JayJ44

Starter
Starbury supporters on this board are absolutely ridiculous. They refuse to admit that Duhon is a worthy starting PG on this team just because he was chosen over Marbs.

First let me say that when we first signed Du, I was like WTF are we thinking!?!! Check my post history.

But midway through the season, I saw a different player. I'm not speaking about his numbers neither. So metrocard, stop bringing up that bullshit that D'Antoni inflates his PGs stats.

Like someone else said, Duhon is a pass-first PG. That's exactly who we need on this team and this system.

Compare past years to this year...then there was almost no exceptional passes whatsoever. This year, the team is starting to swing the ball around. Everyone on the team is getting a piece of the crop.

Wilson Chandler, Chris Duhon, Nate Robinson, David Lee, Danillo. Everyone is getting to play TOGETHER.

That's attributed to Duhon setting the floor for his teammates and getting them involved.

And if we want to base it on that. Duhon is 1000X greater as a floor general than Marbury ever is or was.

That being said, check out this topic....

http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5894

Duhon has nothing to do with the whole team passing. That's D'antoni's philosophy, move the ball.

He's a "pass first PG"? No, he just doesn't have a choice because he can't create his own shot.

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Great post from Metrocard...and other posters need to stop puttin words in his mouth, I can vouch for what he said. From day one hes said that he preferred Lopez or DJ but he wouldnt be upset with the Cock...and from day one, he didnt support the Duhon acquisition.

I cant believe to see their are Duhon supporters. Just put Starbury aside for a minute, Duhon? This guy is one of the most replaceable point guards in the game.

Duhon is 5th amongst pg's and sg's with 2.9 topg

Theres a long list of starting point guards that are better then Duhorn

CP3
Deron Williams
Billups
Russell Westbrook
Rajon Rambo
Baron Davis
Raymond Felton
Devin Harris
Iverson
Derick Rose
Tony Parker
TJ Ford
Andre Miller
Jason Kidd
Earl Watson
Mario Chalmers
Jameer Nelson
Jose Calderon
Kirk Hinrich
Stephon Marbury
Rafer Alston
DJ Augustin
Jason Terry
Mike Bibby
Ramon Sessions
NATE ROBINSON
Mike James
Derick Fisher

I didnt even count some of the combo guards that I would take over Duhon. And lets not forget, Carlos Arroyo who would have been a much better investment then Duhon.

By the way, theres 28 names on that list....29 if you count Arroyo. None of those are a reach, every player on that list is better then Duhon and would be putting up stats in Mike D'antonis system.

Duhon is not fun to watch, he has no swag. Hes boring like the Detroit Pistons. Hes gotta be the most predictable player in the league.

You know what? I dont believe the Duhon supporters. They're just frontin, trying to hype him up because they dont like Swagabury.

Duhon could never be half the point guard Starbury is.

Close the thread.

KBlack25

Starter
MSG, what you fail to realize is that it's not being a Duhon supporter, it's being a Knicks supporter, period. Duhon has done what has been asked of him, he has exceeded expectations (see: abcd at the beginning of the season posting Duhon's stats to mock him, only to remove them when they became respectable).

I am a KNICKS fan, and as a KNICKS fan I support this team getting better. This team is better over last year, period. It's not about Marbury or Duhon or D'Antoni it's about the team that puts on the blue and orange every night. Marbury refused to do that this year, when asked. Marbury QUIT on ALL OF US, this report has just come out:

Stephon Marbury reportedly asked Knicks general manager Donnie Walsh if he could talk to the Celtics prior to training camp this season, an idea that the franchise didn't warm to at all.

Walsh had told Marbury it was possible he could be waived at that time, but definitely not a certainty. After the point guard asked for permission to speak with Boston, Walsh informed Marbury that he would report to training camp because team owner James Dolan reportedly didn't want him playing for a rival.

MARBURY never wanted to play for this team. He quit on me, he quit on everyone on this board, and everyone in NY, just like he quit on Mike D'Antoni in Phoenix (as D'Antoni has said).

MARBURY did not want to be here, when given the opportunity HE DID NOT PLAY, HE "PREFFERED" NOT TO! WHAT KIND OF "CHAMPION", "LEADER", "WARRIOR" OR SELF RESPECTING BASKETBALL PLAYER REFUSES TO PLAY BASKETBALL? He quit because he wanted to win for himself, he quit on Larry Brown, he quit on Isiah, and he quit on NY...how you continue to defend this man is beyond me.

TunerAddict

Starter
CP3
Deron Williams
Billups
Russell Westbrook
Rajon Rambo
Baron Davis
Raymond Felton
Devin Harris
Iverson
Derick Rose
Tony Parker
TJ Ford
Andre Miller
Jason Kidd
Earl Watson
Mario Chalmers
Jameer Nelson
Jose Calderon
Kirk Hinrich
Stephon Marbury
Rafer Alston
DJ Augustin
Jason Terry
Mike Bibby
Ramon Sessions
NATE ROBINSON
Mike James
Derick Fisher

Bolded players that are not better, no pointguards, or are not starters, even though you said they were.

TunerAddict

Starter
What ppl don't get about he pass first aspect of a point guard, is that it isn't just him that it affects. It is the whole team. the PG is the floor leader. When he looks for his teammates before himself, he is setting that precendent to the rest of the team. He is having them follow by example. In turn, they look for their teammates more and become a more passing orientated, less selfish, more ball movement orientated team.