Fire D'antoni!!!

quiggle

Starter
the Knicks haven't won a championship for an eternity that it doesn't affect the fans, they just want some excitement and a couple of wins and change and they will be pacified so D'Antoni will be fine.

jpz17

Starter
Since Mike D'antoni has been in the league:

Greg Popavich= 3 championships

Larry Brown= 1 championship

Pat Riley= 1 championship

Doc Rivers=1 championship

Mike D'antoni= ZERO CHAMPIONSHIPS!! Without one NBA finals appearance

Now what were you saying about D'antoni being the best coach in the NBA? Did you mean best coach in the locker room?

When you win a championship it doesn't mean you are a good coach, heck Doc Rivers even won one

quiggle

Starter
the Garden crowd will get tire of this by mid-next season and start the Fire D'Antoni chants. with or without him the Knicks can still probably get a marquee free-agent.

funny probably the best person to be the Knicks head coach has been on the bench forever and always passed over by some brand name that has brought nothing to the table.

what is wrong with you people, im seeing the most illogical irrational thought processes concerning an analysis of a basketball coach I have ever seen in my life. WE HAVE NO CENTER, and a bunch of role players. Larry hughes played the most minutes he has all season last night, of course wade is going to erupt, because if not hughes, no one else can defend him. Dantoni knows this, walsh knows this, the only people who dont know this are idiot, closet nets fans, who I swear relish having the knicks play poorly because they dont understand basketball ,and its easy to nonsensically bash a team for a poor performace, when in reality, DWAYNE WADE Drops 40 on teams like the celtics if he really wants to, the man just went nuts, pull up threes, throwing the ball over his head. thats why he is dwayne wade, mike D has nothing to do with that. No coach can stop players like kobe lebron and wade when they want to take over. NONE.

Kiyaman

Legend
I don't coach an NBA team into choking games with 15 point leads in the 4th quarter.

No more to be said other than Dantoni being an overrated Celebrity Coach....we seen the defensive tactic plans Dantoni have in the 4th Qtr. for Wade....Howard....Bosh....Philly....Lebron....Kobe....Ect. None!!!

Adding Larry Hughes to the Knick rotation for 30 or more minutes a game put celebrity coach Dantoni coaching level down to a below average C- coach.
Especially not knowing how to add Wilcox talent into the bigman lineup counts for something...

And Duhon performance since the arrival of Hughes stinks.

Starks

Starter
Since Mike D'antoni has been in the league:

Greg Popavich= 3 championships

Larry Brown= 1 championship

Pat Riley= 1 championship

Doc Rivers=1 championship

Mike D'antoni= ZERO CHAMPIONSHIPS!! Without one NBA finals appearance

Now what were you saying about D'antoni being the best coach in the NBA? Did you mean best coach in the locker room?

Jerry Sloan doesn't have a ring either asshole. He's the most legendary coach alive. Who asked you to join the site. Get the hell out of here jackass. We have enough retards on here.

LeFlume

All Star
As long as he coaches this team they will not win a championship.

I agree, defense wins championships and Mike D'Antoni dosn't have a good defensive set. He had all the offense in the world in Phoenix but couldn't get by a defensive team like San Antonio. He is a regular season coach but when the game change in the playoffs he is average at best.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Mike D'Antoni is a good coach, but I don't think he belongs on the Knicks. Patrick Ewing deserved the head coaching job more than he did. D'Antoni's doing the best he can, with the team he has, but it's partially his fault why the team is struggling. He had a chance to turn this team into a playoff team this year, had he drafted Brook Lopez and played Marbury with Duhon in the backcourt. The Knicks are only a couple of games behind the 8th seed. The Knicks could have easily won the extra 2 or 3 games, with a lineup of Duhon, Starbury, Chandler, Randolph or Lee, and Lopez, with Robinson, Harrington or Crawford, and Jeffries off the bench.

johnstarky

Rotation player
Jerry Sloan doesn't have a ring either asshole. He's the most legendary coach alive. Who asked you to join the site. Get the hell out of here jackass. We have enough retards on here.

Reported for vulgarity, profanity and personal attack!

Listen if you can't act like a civilized human being than you belong in a mental institution and not an internet forum.Enough said!

johnstarky

Rotation player
the Knicks haven't won a championship for an eternity that it doesn't affect the fans, they just want some excitement and a couple of wins and change and they will be pacified so D'Antoni will be fine.

If I wanted to watch an exciting Knicks team I would just watch old videos of the Knicks of the 90's.I get tired of watching the rest of the league win championships and the Knicks never even making the promise land.

johnstarky

Rotation player
When you win a championship it doesn't mean you are a good coach, heck Doc Rivers even won one

Doc Rivers isn't that bad of a coach, before the great reformation of the Boston Celtics he took his teams to the NBA playoffs four different times.He just never had the right players to win a championship.

johnstarky

Rotation player
Ok you take Isiah thomas and I'll take Mike D and we'll see who is the better coach...we dont have great players...Mike D is doing good with what he has.

Anyone can do better than Isiah Thomas.Any coach with a brain can win more than 23 games during an NBA regular season.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
If I wanted to watch an exciting Knicks team I would just watch old videos of the Knicks of the 90's.I get tired of watching the rest of the league win championships and the Knicks never even making the promise land.

I agree...Its been too long since the Knicks have won a championship. I started watchin in 94 when they went to the finals and...yea, yall know the rest.

The question is, is Mike D'antoni capable of coaching this team to a championship with the right players? Or does he not coach enough defense?

I can see a good argument both ways. Phoenix came very close a couple times to beating the Spurs, if the suspensions didnt happen 2 years ago who knows what would have happened.

I dont like D'antoni as a person. I think hes a jerk and hes too tense. I hate watching some of his interviews. We dont exactly have the best players here right now, so as much as I would like to say hes not the right man for the job, i cant provide enough evidence to back that up.

The only thing I can do is bring up the team from 2 years ago that won 33 games under Isiah Thomas...a team that probably would have won 3 to 5 more games and maybe made the playoffs if it wasnt for injuries. And in no way am I defending Isiah, but which roster was better? The team from 2 years ago...

marbury
Crawford
Q-Rich
Frye
Curry
Balkman
Nate R.
Lee
Steve Francis
Rose
Jeffries
Cato
R Morris
Jerome James

Is that team better then our current roster?

Looking at that roster, the first thing i notice is the credit Marbury deserves for helping Curry average 19.5 points, and almost leading that team to the playoffs. They probably would have been in if it wasnt for injuries. Marbury played his heart out that year, which knicks fans quickly forgot. I never liked him that much myself prior to that year.

Back on topic...I like the current roster more.

Nate and Lee are older, and better
Harrington >> Crawford
Frye is useless
We didnt have Wilson Chandler

The only thing that I dont like more about our current roster is that we have an average point guard (Duhon) running the team, instead of Starbury. But other then that...

Will the Knicks win 9 more games and tie our record from 2 years ago?

Is that a valid method of measuring how good of a coach D'antoni is?

CoolClyde

No-D'Antoni

I think No-D'Antoni is a decent coach, bringing out the best offense in his players. However, any coach who thinks offense wins games, is off his rocker. Any sports fan, no matter what sport, knows defense wins games.

Is it D'Antoni's doing the Knicks chose Gallo over Eric Gordon, who is starting to look like a superstar PG? No-D'ant would have been killed by the Italian mafia if he didn't pick his godson as the #6 pick in the draft. Not his fault.

Is it D'Antoni's fault Walsh traded our 2 highest scoring players a couple weeks into the season, agreeing to take on Mobley without medical conditions? That ruined anything the Knicks had going on to that point. When we finally got our act together, we were hit by the offensive powerhouses of the league (Kobe, Lebron, Celts), just too much for a non-defensive team. No wonder Wade walked over us.

Is it D'Antoni's fault that he refused to play Marbury (even Walsh was surprised) to make him tradeable? Asking Steph to play only because we were short on players was a major diss to Steph, and the fact that we paid him close to a full salary for doing absolutely nothing is a joke. You have to blame Walsh for not discussing with No-D'Antoni the Marbury situation before the year started. How many players in the league, being paid $20Million a year, would have been benched, because the team is going in a different direction? What does that mean?

WHAT DIRECTION ARE WE HEADED MIKEY? No-D'antoni has never made that clear, how has not playing Stephon in the first place been consistent with any winning direction? The Celtics paid 1.3 million for a 20/8 superstar, now THAT is a team with a winning mentality. I just can't stand watching Marbury do well for another team, much less the hated Celtics.
I am SO MAD!

Although I don't like D'Antoni, he's better than Isiah ever was. But then again, Isiah was not supposed to coach in the first place. Another bonehead Dolan move to avoid paying a new coach. I blame Dolan for everything... he's the one who should be fired.

TunerAddict

Starter
I think No-D'Antoni is a decent coach, bringing out the best offense in his players. However, any coach who thinks offense wins games, is off his rocker. Any sports fan, no matter what sport, knows defense wins games.

Is it D'Antoni's doing the Knicks chose Gallo over Eric Gordon, who is starting to look like a superstar PG? No-D'ant would have been killed by the Italian mafia if he didn't pick his godson as the #6 pick in the draft. Not his fault.

Is it D'Antoni's fault Walsh traded our 2 highest scoring players a couple weeks into the season, agreeing to take on Mobley without medical conditions? That ruined anything the Knicks had going on to that point. When we finally got our act together, we were hit by the offensive powerhouses of the league (Kobe, Lebron, Celts), just too much for a non-defensive team. No wonder Wade walked over us.

Is it D'Antoni's fault that he refused to play Marbury (even Walsh was surprised) to make him tradeable? Asking Steph to play only because we were short on players was a major diss to Steph, and the fact that we paid him close to a full salary for doing absolutely nothing is a joke. You have to blame Walsh for not discussing with No-D'Antoni the Marbury situation before the year started. How many players in the league, being paid $20Million a year, would have been benched, because the team is going in a different direction? What does that mean?

WHAT DIRECTION ARE WE HEADED MIKEY? No-D'antoni has never made that clear, how has not playing Stephon in the first place been consistent with any winning direction? The Celtics paid 1.3 million for a 20/8 superstar, now THAT is a team with a winning mentality. I just can't stand watching Marbury do well for another team, much less the hated Celtics.
I am SO MAD!

Although I don't like D'Antoni, he's better than Isiah ever was. But then again, Isiah was not supposed to coach in the first place. Another bonehead Dolan move to avoid paying a new coach. I blame Dolan for everything... he's the one who should be fired.

I seriously loled when you called Eric Gordon a point guard.

JayJ44

Starter

D'antoni knows that too. But it's hard to be a good defensive team when all your players suck at defense. Even still, we're a better defensive team then we were last year.

Eric Gordon is a chucker, another Crawford, except more athletic. I'm glad we didn't draft him. Gallo is 6'10 who can shoot, handle the ball, and pass. That was a good pick. Maybe you could argue that we should have drafted Brook Lopez, but it's still a good pick. Oh, and bringing up the mafia, very mature...

Those were good trades. Crawford was a liability on defense, and inefficient offensively. As MSG said, Harrington>>>Crawford. Randolph was also overrated. He had a low FG% for a big man, his defense was very bad, and his contract was way too big. We were lucky to be able to get rid of him.

I am SO MAD!

No argument here, I agree.

johnstarky

Rotation player
I agree...Its been too long since the Knicks have won a championship. I started watchin in 94 when they went to the finals and...yea, yall know the rest.

The question is, is Mike D'antoni capable of coaching this team to a championship with the right players? Or does he not coach enough defense?

I can see a good argument both ways. Phoenix came very close a couple times to beating the Spurs, if the suspensions didnt happen 2 years ago who knows what would have happened.

I dont like D'antoni as a person. I think hes a jerk and hes too tense. I hate watching some of his interviews. We dont exactly have the best players here right now, so as much as I would like to say hes not the right man for the job, i cant provide enough evidence to back that up.

The only thing I can do is bring up the team from 2 years ago that won 33 games under Isiah Thomas...a team that probably would have won 3 to 5 more games and maybe made the playoffs if it wasnt for injuries. And in no way am I defending Isiah, but which roster was better? The team from 2 years ago...

marbury
Crawford
Q-Rich
Frye
Curry
Balkman
Nate R.
Lee
Steve Francis
Rose
Jeffries
Cato
R Morris
Jerome James

Is that team better then our current roster?

Looking at that roster, the first thing i notice is the credit Marbury deserves for helping Curry average 19.5 points, and almost leading that team to the playoffs. They probably would have been in if it wasnt for injuries. Marbury played his heart out that year, which knicks fans quickly forgot. I never liked him that much myself prior to that year.

Back on topic...I like the current roster more.

Nate and Lee are older, and better
Harrington >> Crawford
Frye is useless
We didnt have Wilson Chandler

The only thing that I dont like more about our current roster is that we have an average point guard (Duhon) running the team, instead of Starbury. But other then that...

Will the Knicks win 9 more games and tie our record from 2 years ago?

Is that a valid method of measuring how good of a coach D'antoni is?

A lot of people like to rip apart everything that Isiah Thomas did when he was with the Knicks.So you will always see Knick fans on here quickly praise Mike D'antoni and denounce Isiah Thomas.These fans make a habbit of categorizing Thomas as some kind of horrible coach who never got his players to play winning basketball.I agree that he was a very terrible GM when it came to trades and signing free agents.I believe that his strength as a GM was recognizing talent at the non NBA level and drafting the right guys.People also forget that he took an Indiana Pacers to the playoffs a number of times and almost took us to the playoffs 2 seasons ago.I get sick and tired of people defending Marbury and making him seem like he was the scapegoat for Isiah Thomas' blunders when in reality it was the other way around.Any player that quits on his coach and his team shouldn't be viewed upon as a victim or should receive special sympathy from fans.The Knicks were a locker room disaster last season because of Stephon Marbury and not Isiah Thomas.I am not defending Isiah or taking any accountability off of him but to blame him for everything negative that happened to the Knicks last season is ridiculously insane.

As for the comparison of the Knicks from 2 years ago to the Knicks of today.It is obvious that the 2006-07 Knicks were a lot more talented than today's Knicks.

When Marbury was putting his team above himself he did a much better job than what Chris Duhon is doing now.No knock on Duhon but Marbury wins by a landslide.

Crawford and Harrington are basically the same, they take terrible shots and they're ball hogs that seem to go on more bad shooting streaks than they do good ones.

Chandler and Q-rich are a lot better than Frye but what NBA player isn't better than Frye.

Eddie Curry at his best was better than anyone that we put at the center position now.No knock on David Lee but knick fans know that he is more of a power forward.

Balkman was a nice defensive player for the Knicks during his rookie year and I would take his defense over Gallinari's offense any day of the week.

David Lee and Nate Robinson are much developed players now like you mentioned before.Even the Jared Jeffries of today is playing a lot better than the one of back then.

The rest of the 2006-07 roster was a joke.You had guys like Cato,Rose and Morris that were taking up space on the bench and you had one of Isiah's dumb moves in Steve Francis who was one of the biggest busts in NBA history.I'm glad that the guy turned out to have such a miserable career after peeing on the Grizzlies organization during the 99' NBA draft.

The combination of Marbury and Curry is a lot better than the combination of Duhon and Lee.As much as I like the talent that the NYK have on their team they are about 5 wins worse than the 2006-07 team.It was bad luck for Isiah Thomas when they suffered through late season injuries.It would of been interesting to watch the Knicks take on the 1st place Pistons in the first round but I guess the past was meant to be for the NYK and their fans.

Last edited:
Marbury played his heart out that year, which knicks fans quickly forgot. I never liked him that much myself prior to that year.
its so sad that knicks fan forget this. i remember a while back i posted stats from this season...

you cant really jjudge by tht record, b/c our overall record sucks. But we are NOT a better team witout steph. He is a top 10 pg no doubt. When healthy he his the best player on this team. Steph steps up when needed the most. Do i have to bring up the stats from last year again??? There is no way this team is better without stephon marbury. period. wate a minute, i will bring up those stats one more time for all the haters:

DECEMBER

12/1 - 13 pts, 6 assists
12/2 - 15 pts 4 asst
12/4 - 16, 6
12/6 - 16, 4
12/9 - 2, 9assists
12/16 - 31, 8
12/18 - 29, 8
12/20 - 10, 9
12/22 - 19, 8
12/27 - 41, 8
12/29 - 14, 8

JANUARY

1/2 - 17, 8
1/3 - 17, 7
1/5 - 28, 4
1/10 - 24, 6
1/12 - 28, 5
1/15 - 25, 8, 4 STEALS
1/17 - 9, 8
1/19 - 23, 7
1/20 - 22, 6
1/26 - 9, 13
1/28 - 15, 8
1/30 - 22, 1

FEBRUARY

2/3 - 14, 2
2/6 - 15, 7
2/10 - 7, 6
2/13 - 8, 9
2/14 - 7, 8
2/23 - 22, 8
2/25 - 22, 2
2/28 - 23, 6

MARCH

3/2 - 34, 5
3/3 - 38, 9, 5 STEALS
3/6 - 40, 3
3/10 - 15, 5
3/14 - 31, 9
3/16 - 8, 5
3/18 - 21, 9
3/22 - 17, 6
3/26 - 32, 4
3/28 - 16,8
3/30 - 43, 3

APRIL

4/4 - 30, 6
4/6 - 6, 0 (12 MINUTES)

GetRealistic

Starter
Some of you people are absolutely rediculous. Yea lets fire the coach who has gotten a whole team of role players to play fairly well this season. In reality we don't even have a player who would be a second option on a good team playing on our roster. In my book we've over achieved immensely.

Go read some posts from the summer where everybody was predicting we would be a 30 win team. Hey fellas we are going to end up somehwere in the 30's and considering we were the laughing stock on the league last year thats a step in the right direction. Last year half the games were over at halftime. This team battles atleast. Despite all our defeciencies as a team were in every game. This is a league of superstars and we don't have a superstar.

Walsh and D'Antoni have devolped the young guys, gave us cap space, and have started to remove the stains of the last regime. But hey lets fire the coach and GM because this team was supposed to magically make the finals this year??? Get the **** outta here people start using your heads.

People were so caught up in making the 8th seed that they were blinded. IN reality who cares if we make the 8th seed and get swept by Lebron. Lets hope to get lucky in the lottery and add another piece to the puzzle.

Stop living in the past... Marbury, Isiah, Channing fyre, Crawford, Randolph are gone. Enjoy the rebuilding process and get ready for the rebirth. And don't hate for the sole pupose of hating.