Fire D'antoni!!!

TunerAddict

Starter
Yeah, lets fire one of the best coaches in the league who has exceeded expectations so far this season with basically the same roster that won 23 games last year.

Real good idea....Oh, that was sarcasm.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
How does this roster compare to the roster we had 2 years ago that won 33 games under head coach Isiah Thomas? Will this team win 33 games? Didnt Starbury play most of that year? Weren't injuries the only thing that prevented us from making the playoffs that year?

For the record, I dont like D'antoni. I cant stand Isiah.

D'antoni >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Isiah

D'antoni is overrated.

His decision making is questionable...but he does have this team well conditioned, and scoring more points then they should be.

If we had a real point guard we would be a playoff team.

jpz17

Starter
D'Antoni >>> Any other coach in the league I will defend that til I die. I've thought that since before he came here!

johnstarky

Rotation player
Yeah, lets fire one of the best coaches in the league who has exceeded expectations so far this season with basically the same roster that won 23 games last year.

Real good idea....Oh, that was sarcasm.

WOW Mike D'antoni is a good coach, he told an already established Suns team to run fast.It doesn't take a genious to coach his players into playing an uptempo style without playing a lick of defense.If he was such a good coach he would of took that team to the NBA finals, which never happened.

johnstarky

Rotation player
How does this roster compare to the roster we had 2 years ago that won 33 games under head coach Isiah Thomas? Will this team win 33 games? Didnt Starbury play most of that year? Weren't injuries the only thing that prevented us from making the playoffs that year?

For the record, I dont like D'antoni. I cant stand Isiah.

D'antoni >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Isiah

D'antoni is overrated.

His decision making is questionable...but he does have this team well conditioned, and scoring more points then they should be.

If we had a real point guard we would be a playoff team.

I completely agree with you, his overrated style of coaching is being exposed game by game.Hopefully he will be gone before his contract is up.

johnstarky

Rotation player
D'Antoni >>> Any other coach in the league I will defend that til I die. I've thought that since before he came here!

Since Mike D'antoni has been in the league:

Greg Popavich= 3 championships

Larry Brown= 1 championship

Pat Riley= 1 championship

Doc Rivers=1 championship

Mike D'antoni= ZERO CHAMPIONSHIPS!! Without one NBA finals appearance

Now what were you saying about D'antoni being the best coach in the NBA? Did you mean best coach in the locker room?

johnstarky

Rotation player
co f*cken sign. throw any starting point guard in the lineup and we got ourselves a 40+ win team.

D'antoni had the best point guard for his system for 4 straight seasons and that guy still couldn't stop Tony Parker on defense.You could put Magic Johnson in his prime to play under the D'antoni system and it still wouldn't be enough.

JayJ44

Starter
He would of won a championship, but couldn't because of bad luck. Players getting injured, suspended.

If he's such a bad coach, I wonder why he was an assistant on the olympic team. And why he's being considered for head coach in 2012. And why nearly ever star player in the league loves him. And why this team is overachieving with a very untalented roster.

:rolleyes:

I don't coach an NBA team into choking games with 15 point leads in the 4th quarter.
dantoni's far from a great coach, but this one wasnt on him. it was clearly on the players. he went with what he knew in the final minutes with the pick and roll-the players didnt execute-poor pass by duhon/poor awareness by lee

johnstarky

Rotation player
He would of won a championship, but couldn't because of bad luck. Players getting injured, suspended.

If he's such a bad coach, I wonder why he was an assistant on the olympic team. And why he's being considered for head coach in 2012. And why nearly ever star player in the league loves him. And why this team is overachieving with a very untalented roster.

:rolleyes:

I don't think he's a horrible coach, I just don't see him as a championship coach.The Knicks have some talent in their roster with the combination of Lee, Robinson, Chandler and Gallinari but for some reason I don't think that D'antoni is the right coach for these guys.The Sixers,Bucks and Bulls are not that ahead of us talent wise and yet we are trailing behind them in the standings.D'antoni is a good personality when it comes to motivating his players but getting your players prepared emotionally is not the same as creating a game plan that can beat other teams on the court.I'm not putting the Knicks in the same talent level as Cleveland,Boston or Orlando but this team has made a lot of foolish mistakes that have cost them at least 5 wins this season.Including tonights 4th quarter collapse which was painful to watch.

johnstarky

Rotation player
dantoni's far from a great coach, but this one wasnt on him. it was clearly on the players. he went with what he knew in the final minutes with the pick and roll-the players didnt execute-poor pass by duhon/poor awareness by lee

The Knicks should of never allowed Dwayne Wade to errupt on them in the 4th quarter.I get sick and tired of Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, and now Dwayne Wade putting up career games against a Knick team that fails to play better defense on them.

Knicks07

Benchwarmer
Why do u care if he gets fired or not?? I no longer c u as a knick fan after those ignorant post u said before. OR ARE U JUST "TAKIN A BREAK" like u said before? Go root for the nets

johnstarky

Rotation player
This is emotional. Get a tissue :boohoo: :boohoo:

then realize it wont change until we get better players.

close thread.

The Knicks have made me cry almost every night that they played.

Even if they acquired better players, they would be no better than a 50 win team that exits the second round.

johnstarky

Rotation player
Why do u care if he gets fired or not?? I no longer c u as a knick fan after those ignorant post u said before. OR ARE U JUST "TAKIN A BREAK" like u said before? Go root for the nets

Just because I am posting on a forum doesn't mean that I am going to continue to watch the Knicks this season.

JayJ44

Starter
I don't think he's a horrible coach, I just don't see him as a championship coach.The Knicks have some talent in their roster with the combination of Lee, Robinson, Chandler and Gallinari but for some reason I don't think that D'antoni is the right coach for these guys.The Sixers,Bucks and Bulls are not that ahead of us talent wise and yet we are trailing behind them in the standings.D'antoni is a good personality when it comes to motivating his players but getting your players prepared emotionally is not the same as creating a game plan that can beat other teams on the court.I'm not putting the Knicks in the same talent level as Cleveland,Boston or Orlando but this team has made a lot of foolish mistakes that have cost them at least 5 wins this season.Including tonights 4th quarter collapse which was painful to watch.

The Sixers and Bulls are much more talented than us.

Andre Miller is one of the most underrated guards in the league. He's an excellent passer and a crafty offensive player.

Iggy should have been an all-star this year. He's one of the best defensive guards in the league, and incredibly athletic. He scores about 20 a game, but takes very little shots compared to other players that are the best on their team.

Thaddeus Young is a great, young talent. Dalembert is the shotblocking, rebounding center we've needed.

The Sixers are under achieving right now. If they had D'antoni as a coach, they would be 3rd or 4th in the east.

The Bulls have Rose, who's helped them a lot this year. Ben Gordon is better than most of the players on our team. The Bulls wanted D'antoni, but luckily he chose us.

The Bucks have RJ and Villanueva. They had Redd and Bogut before they got injured. We're close talent wise, but they're still better. But they're overachieving this year, they're playing very hard.

Lee, Robinson, Chandler and Gallinari isn't nearly enough to be anywhere near a playoff spot. Those are all young players. D'antoni has them playing great, and we wouldn't be nearly as good without him. Their mistakes on the court aren't D'antoni's fault.